Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-18 03:49:41 PM

Ol'random
Website

An Overcast Sky... Fate of Marek TP Log - Sat 18/08/18

DoraRose, the mouse,
John, the squirrel,
Patch, the rat,
Sinway, the otter,
And Ferdinand and the other bodyguards of Blisa + other creatures of Ferravle, spoofs by DoraRose

At Redwall...

Atop the walls of the old abbey, several beasts go hither and thither, except one; a rather bushy tail swishing back and forth as he sits on a stool. The overcast weather matches the squirrel's mood, and most beasts - mostly those that have some proficiency in the art of combat - are giving him a wide berth. John looks out at the road, and the field beyond, shifting rather restlessly. Glaring at a mouse who managed to trip nearby, the squirrel doesn't say anything beyond that, instead looking up into the grey clouds. "Bah..." Is all the noise that comes from him.

Patch is...on the road! He looks up at the abbey walls. "Well ya still standing...goood." He mutters and looks around, he barely got out of Ferravale and a bit of a limp prooves it. He looks up at the clouds and shrugs before taking a deep breath and going towards the gates.

Up on the wall, DoraRose Strongheart is making her rounds.  Her mood has been foul for at least a month.  She hasn't been doing any of her hobbies -- no sewing, no baking, no crocheting, no knitting, not even singing or playing her mandolin.  She hasn't been helping in the kitchens or with the Dibbuns.  Only training, exercising, being on duty, and sleeping.  Carrying her axe, with her sword at her side, she comes and stands by the squirrel, both of them being avoided by basically everyone else.  The mouse Warrior is silent, but those who know her best would be able to see that not doing the things she enjoys is taking a heavy toll on her mental health.

Out on the road, Ferdinand is leading his ragged bunch of fellow bodyguards to the Abbey.  Finally.  After way too long, they have finally managed to get away from the enemy, fully.  (They did take what was basically the longest route from Ferravale to Redwall, but that's another issue.)  Catching up to the spy, the ferret says, "I'm thure they'll let uth in.  Mith DoraRothe will, at any rate."  Clarissa the rat looks the most miserable, and won't stop muttering about forest ghosts eating their souls.  Statler the stoat and Waldo the weasel are looking at her uneasily.  Valerie the vixen is too busy trying to reassure Hank the fox that ghosts aren't actually a thing.  "What about the Spirit of Martin the Warrior?!"  **Sigh....**

The Abbey Gatekeeper has yet to notice the coming visitors, having been distracted by a nervous Novice who is asking about something important.  Dora hasn't even been reading, yo.  She may be taking this whole thing a tiny bit TOO seriously.....

Sinway makes his way out of the abbey yawning a little, the otter should be asleep after his night shift on the wall, but instead he is walking over to the stairs and to the walltop making his way up them "Afternoon." He calls to Dora and John walking over to them, "Anythin' happenin' out there."

The rat catches the squirrel's eye before the guards do, and a loud scratching sound follows as John leaps up, pushing the stool back a little bit in his eagerness - his crossbow in paw. The weapon is already loaded, having been kept at the ready for some time. "Oi! Rat!" The squirrel calls from the wallop, "I'd advise not taking another step towards here if you don't want to be skewered." John doesn't recognize Patch - nor does he really care to. Though then again even if he does recognize known backstabbing spy, he might just go ahead and shoot him anyway, perhaps blaming nerves or calling it an accident. He mutters out of the side of his mouth to the gatekeeper, while aiming more squarely at the rat, "Oi, Dora - keep an eye out for more while I deal with this- " But Patch is spared the potential 'accident' as John notices the more recognizable - and by far more liked - bodyguards of the chieftainess. The crossbow is lowered, for now, but John doesn't make any more on his part to try to let them in. Instead, he simply calls down to them - and clearly not to Patch, "Why, hullo there! Suppose you have more bad news to tell, aye?"

Patch eyes widen as he looks at the crossbow and gulps. "I...come in peace....." He sighs in releaf as the others come and snorts "I almost got shot! I am too important ta get shot with a crossbolt and it would  *rude word* hurt."

DoraRose glances out at the spy, then glances at the squirrel.  "Pretty sure he's not actually a threat right now..."  And then the bodyguards come into view, and the Gatekeeper immediately descends to open the gates for them.

Ferdinand growls deep in his throat and goes to grab the spy by his ear.  "I am not in the mood for profanity, Patch, at leatht not from anybeatht other than mythelf.  Try to be polite, if you can."  And with that the Head Bodyguard goes to lead his little group into the Abbey, answering the squirrel's query and the Gatekeeper's worried expression.  "Aye, Ferravale hath fallen.  We ethcaped tho we could try to find Blitha.  Cerah, an ermine and fellow bodyguard, will hopefully arrive here thoon with word of the Chieftain'th wearabouts."

While they are surrendering their weapons, Valerie adds, "We don't know about Patch, here.  He can answer for himself."  Dora leans back as Clarissa grabs her by the shoulders.  "I swear I saw a ghost, shipmate!  I've always said the woods was full o' ghosts, and I was right!"  The vixen rolls her eyes and sighs very deeply.

Sinway sighs looking up at the sky the otter was hopin' he get to enjoy a nice rain shower in peace, but sadly that wont be the case. The decides to stay up on the walltops for now, he sees no reason to go down and greet the group of vermin he doesn't know after all

"Now - Ferd..." John trials off as he struggles to remember the ferret's name, instead, after a moment, beginning again, "The guards I see." John begins, starting after Dora, "But the rat- do we have to let him in?" The cogs have clicked in the squirrel's brain, and, nodding to Sinway (trusting that the walls are safe in the otter's paws), he adds "Risky having him in here - the rat - even if not a threat. He might be later - and we'll all be sorry." As the gates are opened, the squirrel raises the crossbow again and, as he takes aim once again at the unfortunate Patch, says, "I mean, could take care of him - besides, doubt anyone would miss him y'know. Or would be sorry." However, despite the raised weapon, his finger is off the trigger, for now.

Patch always does surrender weapons, his couple daggers and a pocket knife. He snorts and for now stays quiet as he walks in and looks around. "Yep anyone else in FerrVALE is well...captive suppose." He frowns. "Wait..they got like veryone important....thats not a good thing." He frowns at John. "Excuse me...I can be helpful."

DoraRose gently disengages herself from the rat bodyguard.  "Well, I'm pretty sure there aren't any ghosts here in the Abbey, so I think you'll be okay."  Turning to the squirrel, the mouse grins a bit wickedly.  "Well, if Patch gives us any trouble, we can just let Oz and my grandmother and basically anyone from Ferravale know about it and then just sit back and see how long the line of creatures wanting to hit him gets."  After making sure everyone is inside, she closes and secures the gates.

The Head Bodyguard glances at the squirrel.  "Ferdinand.  And aye, Blitha'th bodyguardth."  After checking and making sure all of his followers are inside and have surrendered their weapons, he asks, "Where thould we thleep?"  The Gatekeeper nods and leads them into the Abbey, with Hank, Valerie, and Clarissa arguing about ghosts again.

They just abandon the rat spy out here with the squirrel who doesn't trust him and the otter who doesn't know him.  He can thank them later.  Like, when DoraRose comes back out to the walltops.  But that may not be his best idea, if he decides to go that route......

Sinway just keeps his eyes out looking out at the road. "Come on John, ye know the abbot wouldn't approve of ye pointin' yer weapon inside the abbey." He comments calmly, "Besides yer crossbow bolts could be put to better use then on some rat like that."

Giving the rat a long look, John stifles a laugh as he says, "I doubt that." The crossbow is lowered, however, at the otter's words, and, to the squirrel's credit - he does try to smile at Patch. Though it is rather forced, and resembles a barring of teeth more than anything - but he is trying, at least!  Than again, as the gatekeeper leads the group of bodyguards past him, and Ferdinand's correction of his name, John turns to give a small wave, and nod, as they all leave. After an awkward moment - the crossbow is still out, and the squirrel seems ready to use it if Patch does anything - John turns back to Sinway. "As far as I'm concerned, this rat is known for selling information to the worst types of beasts - which makes him one." The squirrel shrugs. "I mean, its not like I'd lose the bolt or waste anything. There isn't any other beast to use it on 'round here. But fine." The crossbow remains lowered.

Patch rolls his eyes and smirks. "Arn't we all plesent taday hmmm?" He looks at Sinway and grins. "You..I like you! You can show me where the best ale is!!" He looks back at the squirrel. "Info is good sometimes ya know...I may even have some the abbey is intrested in...though not for free."

Sinway glances back smirking. "Ohh, I remember ye.......thought ye was just a bartender in Ferravale." He isn't sure why he is liked by the rat, but guesses he could use that to keep a eye on the beast.

"Aye, of course not for free!" John says, this time giving a grin that intentionally looks like a wolf's. "How 'bout your tail on for starters, or claws?" Torture isn't something that sits well with him - John regrets the things done to that captured slaver - and he'd certainly be lectured (for good reason) by the Abbot and any other beasts. Perhaps even kicked out of the abbey. However, bluffing isn't something the squirrel finds morally reprehensible at all. "You don't really need those! Of course, if you tell us, I could leave them on, y'know." Slinging the crossbow over one shoulder, he fiddles with what looks like a knife by his side. "I do like free things, after all. I'm decent like that." The look in his eyes is far harder than his bright tone of voice, the squirrel's anger and disgust with Patch evident in them - and it slips through to his voice he says the following. "Sinway - you'd like leaving his tail on, though, aye? Sinway's a real nice beast. I'd suggest being honest with him, if anyone else."

Patch backs away from Johny and then smiles. "But de abbey is one of peace and no one would be harmed here."

Sinway sighs openly sadly he can't let this continue. Luckly someone comes to take his place and the otter makes his way down to the ground "Yer lucky the abbot didn't hear ye say that John." He comments simply walking over to join John by the gate. "Patchy will be a pal and tell us what he knows, wont ye mate." His grin is more friendly then John's.

John gives an even bigger smile. "Well, who said anything about being inside the abbey?" He says through his teeth. "And besides, you are, as far as I'm is concerned, an enemy to peace. I think we should deal with you as such..." However, he backs off as Sinway comes down, nodding to him. "Of course, of course! If Patch here is a pal, he should tell us everything." The squirrel rounds on Patch again, practically spitting, "Right. Patch. Everything."

Patch looks between them and speaks. "I require candy chest nuts and October Ale....then we can walk." He says as he decides to head to the main building as the rain starts to come down.

Sinway smirks a little shaking his head. "I'm goin' to go get some rest mate, doin' night shift up on the wall, spendin' the mornin' trainin' with the champion and teachin' beast to use a sling has got me tired out." He looks over at the abbey. "Might have to find a better place to sleep though, what with vermin arguing about ghosts and what not.......wonder if I can sleep in the cellar, that should be quiet enough."

"You'll get more than that if you try anything, rat." John calls after Patch, looking up as droplet of water hits him. "Bah." A curse. "Suppose I should grab my cloak, now. And," The squirrel turns to the otter, "Sinway, I wasn't actually going to do anything to him, and won't - unless he actively tries something."

Sinway chuckles a little looking up at the rain. "Or maybe I'll sleep out here nothing like sleepin' in the rain." Must be a otter thing. He turns to John and shakes his head. "If I thought ye was I would of stopped ye, but the rat seems to like me fer some reason, I only met him once in ferravale, thought he be just a simple bartender."

John nods. "Perhaps... But he has been a spy, and I think he might still be. We need to keep an eye on him, no matter." The squirrel starts for the main building, saying over his shoulder, "Patch is not someone who should be welcomed, methinks - but no matter. I'll be back on the wall top soon as I get m'cloak!"

Sinway shakes his head calling "I don't trust him mate, but if he likes me I can use that to keep an eye on him." with that the otter goes off to find a spot to sleep, ahh sleeping in the rain something he hasn't done in a while.

Last edited by Ol'random (2018-08-18 03:52:44 PM)

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

Board footer