Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-14 12:16:34 PM

oz

Well They Did Make It -Fate Of Marek TP

Who:

Zolomon- Archer in Mossflower Defenders

Xander- Leader of Mossflower Defenders

Ximera- Healer in Mossflower Defenders

Rupert- Recorder of Ferravale, Mapmaker, Historian

Misu- Archer in Mossflower Defenders

Ciocan- Badger Lord

Quinten- Recorder of Salamandstron

Ewan- Fighter Hare in Long Patrol

Honeyfur- Runner hare in Long Patrol

Scur-Evil Monitor Lizard

Some spoofs of a couple other LP Hares and a couple other Vermin

Log:

They had very little problems on the way here, which was a little odd and had caused some to relax in fact. Ok they ran into toads but after a few warning shots with arrows the toads went away and didn't try to bother them again and that was 2-3 days ago.

Zolomon had chosen to go to shore a little earlier than every beast else. Besides he disliked the boat and he would be back before any beast missed him too much, and he left his best friend a note, all would be ok. It was not too far to shore and he could swim so he went to shore and smiled, then went to explore the nearby village.

The group heading to the mountain would soon not be resting so well. One there was a storm soon, perfect for what was to happen. Simple attack the boat and maybe take those still alive as slaves to some far off sea port. He would strike soon, him and his assassins, first 2 were went to follow the other beasts, the ones headed to Willowbark, not that he knew that. He let the falcon Falk be in charge of the two and then set his eyes on the boat, he and 2 others were prepared to take down a badger and his friends.

Scur was ready, the storm would  only add more chaos to his mission, but he would have to strike now.”Give them a wake up call” His voice cold and a hiss to it, he was a monitor lizard after all. The two rats with him noded and lit a rag that was in a bottle of old ale and tossed it to the small boat, making sure to hit certain supplies as Scur grinned the flaming bottle hit against the flammable cargo.......

The explosion was loud, it would cause damage right away to the small boat and start it to sink, the waters of the sea were maybe 50-60 foot deep here, it would be enough as he chuckled.

Xander right away woke up as he was tossed from his bed and his eyes wide open when he seen flames and..water spilling in “Wake up!!! Now!”

Rupert didn't need any 2nd warning as he was already grabbing his log book, and a small bag, he was not leaving those behind for a moment as he frowned”How close are we to shore?”

Misu just grabbed the hare and said two words before she dived, “Hold breath” She would make sure he got to shore, she was a sea otter an expert swimmer after all.

Ximera frowns and she is in full panic..”What in the seasons...why is the ship on fire, why is it sinking?!” She frowned ” I don't know how to swim!”

Xander had no clue but he knew to make sure they all got off as he looked around “Where is Zolomon!”He looked around and gasped as more water came into the boat, any supplies they had were going to be lost. Food,  drink, though the October ale they had a little of was gone now that was for sure. He quickly got to deck after making sure all the others, besides Zolomon who was missing, got off the boat first.

Scur just grinned and laughed, “Follow them to shore, the stripe dog is mine...” He purposely went to ram the boat  with his own, they were about the same size and yes it would ruin his ship but he has a much large one elsewhere. He jumped onto the ship and behind the badger “Bad morning?” He hisses and went to slam him to the deck and swipe a claw at his throat.

Rupert quickly took a breath as they went under water, but as soon as they were on shore he let loose a stream of cusses and checked his stuff”Luck..LUCK that its not damaged, not replaceable...”

Misu shakes water off and stands in front of him “Do be quiet...”She looks over at the...wait two boats and blinks “That can't be good.”

Ximera screams as the boat crashed into theirs and she falls over board, swimming is one thing she cant do as she panics, sinks and resurface quickly grabbing hold of some broken wood planks and looks up “Xander!!!”

Xander was not expecting company as he hits the deck and barely has time to hold up his arm to cover his throat, the arm gets a rather bad slice to it as his eyes widen in shock seeing the monitor right in his face. It didn't help that a storm was brewing with thunder and a bit of lightning across the sky. He hated storms, in fact never got over a fear of storms.

Scur hisses and goes to  slice at him again before he has a chance to grab his sword.

Xander tosses a chair at the lizard and tries to grab his blade and loses his balance and grabs the railing falling backwards and kicks up at the lizard again.

Before the sea otter and hare can react the two rats appear before them, cutlasses drawn

Rupert looks at the boat “Not...”He sees the rats and gets his blade out”Oh I refuse to deal with vermin right now”

Misu glares at the rats but they are too close to fire an arrow at.

Scur hisses and goes to slash at Xander's chest!”You think I will let you get to your weapon...heeeh fight me like a true badger!”

Xander  avoids a slice to the chest, but it gets his shoulder as he growls in pain, his other paw reaches for the blade, grips it and goes to stab the monitor!

Scur just hisses as the blade sinks into his arm and  aims a punch to the badger with his other arm, enough to knock him out. Not kill, no let him suffer, and dives off the sinking ship. He surfaces close to the mouse maid and hisses low” No need to drown...I will take you to shore, or drown you..choose now”

Ximera eyes widen at the lizard as she gulps, “I..I..I surrender” She is seriously afraid of monitors  and this one is scary enough and she doesn't want to die so she chooses what could well be slavery over death.

Xander meanwhile sends a kick up at the lizard, he grips the blade and tumbles backwards with it  just as the lizard's fist connects with his jaw and he falls unconscious at the worse time possible as water starts to appear around him and his blade still slightly griped in his paw.

The two rats soon turn and see Scur who has his claws at the mouse maid throat”I think surrender is better than her death and yours. Your leader is dead already.  You can join him or become my slaves..choose wisely”

Rupert frowns and drops the blade he has”Don't harm the lass”

Misu growls but doesn't make a move to attack, she does speak “If you killed Xander then know this. I don't plan on letting you get too far with us before YOUR  the one whom will die.” Her voice sounds cold and with that monotonness still, that's just scary.

Ximera feels tears go down her face as she is held captive, she is glad to  of not  having drowned as she coughs a little water up she swallowed.

Xander right away wakes up as water goes into his nose and mouth and gags as he slowly gets up only to see water all over, and he is not a good swimmer, he is sore and his arm has a claw mark on it as he struggles to find a way out of this tangle mess of boat, finally he sees light and surfaces gaging up water and shivering. His eyes widen as he is in a part of the over turned boat that ..under the water!This is but a small pocket of air trapped here, enough room to hang onto the window as he gulps and fear creeps into his mind. He is under the freaking water! He has this air bubble yeah but how much air and his friends are possible dead. He keeps a grip on the window and shivers a little as it seems his worse nightmare is coming true, he has been in a boat wreak before but he was never trapped under the water! He went under yes but his mother got his out and keep hold of him till they drifted to shore, this..this is worse!!!He also has a bleeding shoulder, hurt..trapped....a thunderstorm brewing, yep his worse nightmare has come true. He manages to hold tight to the window and shivers again.

Zolomon seems to have found the worse time to explore on shore, or maybe he just avoided trouble that he sees right away now and quickly gets behind a large mass of sea weed and thorns, a sort of ugly looking plant and frowns as he looks at what is going on. He scans the area and looks towards where Salamandastron is, its not too far but if he leaves he could very well never see his friends again, he would have no clue on a direction to go, or if everyone is off the ship, well the ship is gone as he soon learns and right away he can tell not everyone is captive, he frowns “Xandy.....where are ya,,,?”

“Did you lose someone?” says a voice, its Honeyfur  looking curious. A private in the LP, runner it looks like.

Ewan frowns and whimpers “Honeyfur...look....”He points to the vermin surrounding the woodlander group and then studys Zolomon” Ummm...who you?”

Zolomon spins around, paw on dirk and then relaxes”Bally well scare me why don't ya and me friends are in trouble, me best pal is not in sight and our ship jolly well sank..literally.”

A shadow covers the hares”First we take are' of those vermin. Honeyfur get a couple 'ares in the village go. Ewan stay by me...” Zolomon is studied “Have ya longbow ready, I need long distance fighter as well” And steeping more into view is Lord Ciocan, but also staying in a position to not be seen by the vermin yet.

Scur meanwhile has the woodlander group tied up by the two rats with him.”I wonder how much you lot tis worth to a sand lizard tribe, or maybe to a group of pirates I know set ta leave the area soon, they may be interested in some..cheap labor.”

Ximera looks down at the sands, she is not use to this and deep down wanders why she choose to come, oh yeah they would need a healer well lot of good she is when her herbs and supplies are on the bottom of the sea floor, likely washed even further away.

Rupert hmmmphs” You sir are vulgar  and horrid, evil,  not the best plans and your mother needs to teach you manners”

Misu just glares and snarls darkly at the lizard,she says nothing but the look on her face is one that if she could get free of these ropes she most likely ripe apart the monitor and his rats.

Zolomon jaw drops, its the Badger Lord THE Badger Lord, he stands at attention and nods, he gets his longbow ready and selects an arrow before slipping off to where he can get a better angle and does his best to stay alert to everything around him and not be seen, and keep an eye out for Xander also.

Honeyfur nods and salutes before speeding off, she does remember seeing a group of 3 hares right on the path to the port city, she can get them and hurry back.

Ewan nods “I..yes sur”He says and gulps a little. He has avoided things like this, one time he ran from a fight that luckily wasn't too bad as the patrol took care of 2-3 sand lizards trying to rob some beasts and no one was hurt, well the lizards were but no hares. He will stay close and alert and try not to get nervous, he is with the Badger Lord after all so this should go well, right?

Ciocan has his war hammer and a large dagger, but chooses the war hammer, its top made of gold and bronze and shaped like a badger head, made for battle and battle only. He studies where the vermin are and grips his war hammer in his large paw before heading towards the vermin and their captives.

Scur chuckles at the woodlanders and turns to head towards a sand dune, long as they stayed quiet they could stay there, out of sight till bight fall and march his captives to their new home. Or maybe he would keep them himself, he could use some help on his large ship, that's docked in the village.

The two rats start to push the group towards the sand dune, some sea gulls in the area grow curious of what is going on, a possible fight means dead beasts and dead beasts  mean food.

Ximera gasps softly as she is forced up and shoved towards the sand dune, some tears form as she gets out “Your going to pay for this all evil beast do in the end”

Rupert just hmmphs “I can walk myself rude beast”

Misu glares daggers and shows her teeth, is she a sea otter or something else in a sea otter skin maybe, right now she seems like some crazy insane killer ready to kill anything that gets too close and snaps at the rat who smartly backs off barely keeping his finger.

Zolomon takes a deep breath and takes aim at the rat that backs off, he waits till its a fair distance and fires his arrow straight and true!He is deadly with the longbow and rarely ever misses, even from a great distance and the target is hardly moving so its an added bonus.

Honeyfur has come back, with two hares that have spears. They also are privates but look ready for a fight.

Ewan is NOT ready for this, he is not but he draws his dirk and gets ready. He is of the LP, he is a HERO, he helps the helpless and defends the weak, he is...almost brave.

“Eulalia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Comes the battle cry of the Badger Lord, war hammer in paw as he comes charging towards the monitor lizard. Battle fire in his eyes.

One rat falls dead from Zolomon arrow, the other rat looks like he just wet himself seeing the badger and screams running away from the captives.

Scur turns and hisses low, teeth and claws out he is not loosing his prey so easily as he cackles, he has killed one badger right? Yes it was a bit too easy so this one will be a challenge and he loves a challenge.

Ximera's eyes widen at the sight before her, that is one very TALL badger.

Rupert snorts at the rat that flees “Serves ya right rotter”

Misu blinks, sort of out of her trance when she sees the badger coming down the sands with the large hammer and looks at the monitor lizard, back to the badger...oh yeah this is going to be an interesting fight.

The sea gulls that were 3 are now 6 and have decided to go ahead and get some dead rat, the one running is of no interest he will likely make it home to his mommy safe and sound as that is what he seems to be heard screaming for as he disappears down shore.

Ewan tenses, this is real this is real this is real, oh boy. He is unsure of where to go, what to do as he was to stay close, he is not gonna stay close to an angry badger, no way.

Honeyfur quickly goes to untie the captives while the lizard is distracted and glaces over at Ewan and the fight, and basically all around her.

Ciocan aims his war hammer at the lizard's skull and swings aiming to kill.

Scur grins and barely sidesteps, the war hammer goes slam into his arm when he goes to try and slice at the badger's face. The lizard hisses “Stripe..dog needs ta die.” He shows his fangs.

Ximera is glad to be untied and frowns “Where do we go? I don't want to stay here”

Rupert rubs his wrists and frowns”Away from the fighting beasts that's for sur lass”

Misu looks more than ready to fight but even she is not getting between a badger and a monitor lizard.

Zolomon makes it over, still alert as he looks around “Where is Xandy?!” He asks quickly to his friends, ever alert and arrow ready just in case he needs it.

Ciocan snarls and puts his arm up, the padding on his forearms protecting him from harm as he goes to shove the lizard to the ground.

Scur hisses and uses his powerful tail to try and trip the badger.

Ewan stays where he is, he keeps an eye on the sea gulls and frowns, he hates gulls and wants to leave.

Honeyfur  watches Ciocan and Scur fight, blow for blow and kick for kick wandering how long it will go on.

Ximera just sits on the sands and hugs her knees to her chest.

Rupert frowns “felled,,,”

Misu growls once “Common...”But in all seriousness she looks at Zolomon and frowns,  she is frowning “He's dead”

Ciocan is panting and has blocked many times the lizard and got another hit in on Scur's leg just as the tail wraps around his leg and sends him falling backwards onto his back.

Zolomon just stands there in shock “WOT DE YA JUST SAY!” Shock and horror on his face. No not his pal, not his best friend in all the world, not Xander! Anger in his eyes as he turns in time to see the lizard, oh this lizard is not wining as he draws back his long bow and selects an arrow and screams as he fires, tears down his face..”DIE LIZARD SCUMBAG!!!!!!”

Scur grins as he draws forth a long blade, the badger does not  have protection everywhere, his upper arm will do and this long blade is coated in poison, a quick acting one as he seems to find pleasure in this “Goodbye...”He starts to stab down and then tenses up as an arrow is suddenly growing out of his throat, the poison  blade falls from his claw and onto the sand. The monitor gasps and claws at the arrow and then falls over sideways....well seems the lizard is the dead one.

Ewan gasps and covers his eyes, who won?should he look, is it over?

Honeyfur  just blinks, well hopefully this ends well....yep the lizard is dead and he gulls look hungry as they start to circle.

Rupert just stands there in shock, words can not move from his mind to his mouth right now.

Ciocan rolls to the side and slowly stands as he looks at the dead lizard, the blade laying in the sand and slowly stands up panting and leaning on his war hammer. He shivers once as the fighting urge he has leaves him and he looks over to the others.

It now starts to pour  down rain, some thunder and more lightning so it may be wise to go inside somewhere soon.

Zolomon drops his longbow and drops to his knees and just wails, tears go down his face.

Ewan uncovers his eyes and blinks, “W..What happen..oh its dead..dead lizard ok that's good...good...can we go home now please?” He is a little shakie.

Honeyfur frowns at Ewan but then again the past few minutes have been very intense to say the least.

Misu stays where she is, paws at her sides.

Rupert walks over to where Honeyfur and Ewan is “It may be wise to leave this area yes...”He points at the sea gulls “Let them have their...yes meal”

Ciocan looks over at the sea as it laps onto the shore and then letting go of his hammer, laying his dagger down and sudden dives into the sea water. He looks around and seems to find what he is looking for and heads to the upper part of an over turned boat that's stuck and coughs as he surfaces inside and turns his attention to another.

Xander has had his air bubble, but air only lasts so long when its trapped and he been here for almost 30 minutes  and is feeling those effects of being tired, so much in fact he just gives the Badger Lord a sort of weak whimper, he is barely awake, but alive!He also still holds The Blade of The northWind Storms, though weaker now.

Ciocan grabs both of Xander's shoulders and shakes him ,making him look him right in the eyes “Xander Winters...Wake up....take a deep breath and hold on tight to me” He will give him time to get that breath before taking one of his own and going back under, if the younger badger slips he will make sure to hold on tight to him as powerful legs and his free arm get them to the surface, he then gets him to shore and rubs and pats his back

Xander manages to take a deep enough breath, but just before they get to the surface he passes out. Once above water he  looks limp and lifeless at first and then gurgles as water floods out of his mouth, he coughs and shivers badly as he curls up a little whimpering weakly. He frowns as salt water freaking hurts with his wounds.

Zolomon is the first to react and is upright and bolting!:”XANDY XANDY XANDY!!!”

Ximera gasps and rushes over checking the badger over, she glaces at Ciocan and back to Xander as she speaks “He needs an infirm, all my stuff got washed away.”

Rupert quickly goes over and stands close by. He frowns as , well the rain is getting bothersome now.

Ewan frowns, ok the badger lord just dived into the sea, he then panics when he doesn't resurface quickly “Not his Lordship too....”Then relieve as Ciocan gets back to land.

Honeyfur  decides to run back to the mountain to make sure they are ready for this.

Misu tilts her head “He is alive...how is he alive?” Well her in shock is a first.

Ciocan gets his weapons, as well as Xander's and puts them at his sides and picks up Xander as he speaks, he watches Honeyfur  hurry off and speaks to Ewan and a couple other hares that really wasn't needed it seems “Make sure our guests get inside, have a meal and a place to rest we can discuss any important matters later.” He starts to head to the mountain in quick paws steps .

Xander groans as he loses consciousness again going limp in Ciocan's strong arms, but he is breathing so he lives!

Zolomon quickly follows “I am bally well coming with you, that is my friend you carry in your arms..I will not, I refuse to leave his side.”

Ewan salutes and nods “Ye..yes sur” He nods to the beasts “So...follow me?”

Misu  follows him no questions asked.

Ximera stands and sighs “I hope Xander will be ok” She goes to follow them.

Rupert follows silently as well, he glaces back at the sea gulls and shakes his head as the sea gulls snack on  rat and lizard and quickly turns away to follow the others, well he is not eating till later now,.

Ciocan simply nods to Zolomon and gets Xander to the infirm under the care of the healers on duty before making sure a guest room is ready and that the cooks know there is guests before heading to his room to mediate and rest. He has much on his mind now.

Zolomon stays by Xander's side even when told there is a meal ready, he shakes his head and for once is not going to say how he is staving. He just sits in his  chair, beside his friend and refuses to leave his  side.

===An Hour or so Later==

Quinten is sitting on a bench in the shade, a pile of parchment weighted down under a glass paperweight near one foot. He is holding one of them in his hands and reading through it, occasionally marking it with a pencil as he hums to himself. His uniform jacket is folded over the bench and the hare is in his shirt alone as he works, enjoying the warmth of the summer and a shady spot as he works.

Ciocan walks slowly into the gardens, looking a little tried , upon seeing the recorder he walks the rest of the way over "Quinten....it would seem we have guests."

Ximena stayed, least till she was shooed out of the infirm and decided to find someone else, she just happen to find the tall badger and another hare as she stayed quiet and off to the side. Least for now.

Quinten looks up and pulls his glasses down and looks at the badger, "Guests my lord?" He smiles softly, "I'll see about opening a new chapter in our chronicles," He sets aside the paper he was reading and smiles toward the hamster, "I take it this lady is one of our guests my lord?"

Ciocan turns to see the hamster and nods to her,before looking back to Quinten " One of them, I am unsure what brings them but it may have to do with that unrest I been feeling and the lizard on the shire earlier seems further proof, it was...taken' care of"

Ximena frowns and steps forwards "The...healers here are a little rude by the way...I just wanted to help"She states quietly, she is not good at this talking with others "And....thanks for...you know..."She looks back towards the direction back inside and to them " There..there is 4 others that came also...Xander, Misu,Rupert and Zolomon...we came to seek help from the Long Patrol there...there is trouble in Mossflower and it could well effect Redwall, that lizard and his rat friends I think..didn't want us to be able to get the help"She frowns "That attack wasn't random, it was planed I am sure of it"

The hare recorder frowns and glances at Ximena as she speaks, "Ah find healers are peculiar tha world over wot... but a threat ta tha Abbey, well I am sure we can't stand for that wot," He then stands and approaches his lord, looking up at him, "Could this be the long journey and unrest you have seen in the ancient badger text?" He glances down the mountain, "Do you think it wise to put the patrol on call?"

Ciocan closes his eyes opening them again "Perhaps...but I do not know how many we could send to help, and we need time ta plan"He looks at Ximena "Ya friend will be ok and when he wakes up I need to speak to him if I am able to"

Ximena frowns "Its a horde run by an insane stoat..."She pauses "I..don't...and Xander is the leader of the Mossflower Defenders...and this horde already took down our base, this horde has beasts enslaved and who knows what else they have done or will do before help can be brought"

Quinten inclines his head to Ciocan, "As yer say m'lord, either way would be prudent to get some of tha patrol ready no?" He frowns, "It is a long march to Mossflower however, even if ya follow the river wot.... sounds like a right scurvy bunch though"

Ciocan takes a deep breath "Yes a 3 and a half week trip...give or take a day or two and I may well go with them.. Quinten can you find out how many hares can go for me as some do need ta stay ere' as well. We will need good trained fighters for this and a few healers also."

Ximena frowns "A boat be good...ours was sort of destroyed but it was also much too small for a lot of hares"

Quinten says, "We.... do not have ships Miss Ximena, we are the long patrol, I am afraid if we are to send an army to Mossflower it'll be by foot," He salutes his lord and moves to the stairs, "I'll talk to the other officers, relay your orders my lord I'll be staying here... it's my place to remain in the mountain. Unless you order me to leave my post my lord, but I'll ask how many of our hares can travel."

Ciocan nods "You stay at the mountain Quinten and yes by foot...it will take a little while longer by my hares are use to travel when needed and can cover a good amount of land in a good amount of time if needed. For now a guest room will be needed, some rest and a meal for our guests who appears to be staying a few days before anyone would be heading off to Mossflower"

Ximena nods "Yes...I am sure Xander can update you better when he is able to. There is also an eagle around...Silverwings whom may have some better updated news but I am unsure where she is."

Quinten says, "Well it sounds like we have a lot to do Mi'Lord," He salutes and lopes off up the steps to go talk to the other officers downstairs.

Ciocan nods and looks to the hamster maid " Your welcome to stay here or go inside....I need to mediate on this" He heads off to his room.

Ximena nods and she sits down, its peaceful here so she decides to just stay up here for a little while before heading inside to find her friends

Last edited by oz (2018-08-14 01:17:52 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer