Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-19 06:12:16 PM

Ol'random
Website

A Very Brief Clash on the Road - Fate of Marek log, 7/19/18

(OOC: This more or less takes place after/during this log: http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=765 and the last 'pose' (it's in italics) of this was added on after Kakarauri's player had to go)

John, a squirrel,
Kakarauri, a marten,
and a poor, spoofed ferret...

Kakarauri walks along the road and boy is she peeved! She holds her left paw and growls at a Ferret with her as the ferret just keeps an eye on the road as the martan goes off "That old stupid blind blind stripdog is a dead beast next time I see him..DEAD...i Will beak his stupid staff." .."What bout de otter..." She growls and then grins, "He can watch..no matter I killed one beast today, one of those foolish Defender beasts.”

At that moment, another beast happens to be on the road, by himself, however, and only seemingly crossing it to the trees on the western side. The way the large bushy tail twitches back and forth, one can tell he's a squirrel - and annoyed as well. John is dressed in his kit, though the weapons and helm still are at his side. The squirrel does not notice the two others coming up the road.

Kakarauri notices the squirrel and smirks, "What fun..." She gets out her longbow and an arrow and takes aim, but when one tries to hold a longbow with a seriously broken paw, one fails and that arrow will bury it's self right into the tree the squirrel ends up beside.She growls as the ferret blinks "Ya missed boss..." He then quickly avoids a swing of her fist as the longbow is put away, no matter she still has her twin blades. she can use one in her good paw.

"OH!" The squirrel drops to the ground with a stream of curses, unslinging the crossbow from his back. There's a slight rise in the terrain, and he crawls over to it, peering over - he spots the culprit. He moves back down, unclipping his helm from his belt and puts it on. He goes back to look over the edge, taking aim with his crossbow.

Kakarauri snorts as she keeps her eyes open and shoves the ferret forwards, "Possible slave for Lord Ormaz..get it" The ferret nods as he draws forth his cutlass and carefully, slowly goes forwards "Come out woodlander." There is clear,  for sure tattoo on the martens shoulder..a Black Rose with leaves that swirl around and thorns, and what seems a dagger for a rank maybe as she grins and watches. The ferret has a Black rose tattoo also but no rank tattoo with it.

Easy target. Having finished loading the crossbow, the squirrel moves into firing position. With a slight suck in of breath, John pulls the trigger. With a click and a soft whoosh, the bolt is released.

The ferret frowns as he loses sight of the woodlander and turns, "I think he----"And the bolt hits his back and he falls over dead as a doornail as the marten snorts "Fool."She smiles as she twirls one blade "Are we afraid woodlander? Why don’t you come and play, I like playing after all."She chuckles" I have already killed one squirrel today...oh what did the otter call him..Elm...yes his name ir..was ..Elm, friend of yours?"

"How 'bout you surrender?" John calls over the cover, as he starts to reload the crossbow. He doesn't recognize the name. "Don't want to end up like the fool there! Got another bolt right here and ready with your name on it, vermin!" A lie, as crossbows were timely things to load - he was only half way done - but he hoped she didn't know that.

Kakarauri is fairly smart as she quietly comes up on him and grins before taking a slice with her good paw. Its very clear her other paw is swollen to 3x its size by now and she can not move it too well, it will heal but no time soon and she has yet to see a healer about it.

Another stream of curses flow from squirrel's mouth as she pops over the side, and John barely has time to tilt his head down before the blade strikes him. It glances off the helm, sliding to the left and again is foiled by the jack-chains. He leaps back, the crossbow abandoned, and draws his own blade, taking a ready pose. Sword in one paw and buckler in the other, he snarls at the marten.

Kakarauri chuckles "A fighter, this is fun."She would draw the other blade and snorts almost forgetting her swollen paw and  looks at it, but just smiles "I need to get my anger off...see a stripdog injured my paw with his staff...oh no worries I will slay him later, it will be easy..break the staff and kill the stupid olf blind fool" She goes to take another slice at him, staying very alert "You could make a nice slave for Ormaz..he needs some, then who doesn't need slaves hmmm?"

The squirrel just knocks her strike aside with the buckler, going for a stab with his own sword. John is silent as he does so, not giving the slaver anything to go off of in terms of reading expressions and mood and that - besides him being peeved, of course.

Kakarauri sidesteps, she dos get a cut to her arm and  growls low.In anger she goes to try and stab him towards his leg, "I will not be made a fool of!”

John leaps back, avoiding the slice. "Already did that, miss!" He moves back again, into the trees. "Charged a beast not knowing if he has friends or not!" He's clearly not risking engaging her completely, as his own advice is true for him - he doesn't know if there's any more beasts with her out and about. "Pretty dang foolish, if I do say so myself!" He calls.

Kakarauri looks around, she seems unsure if this woodlander has friends or not and if he does she decides to back off " You can live for now, but I tend to finish what I start..so you can join the old badger on my list of kill you later" She quickly disappears down a path close to the bridge and disappears.

John just laughs. "Alright then! See you then!" He watches her go, and waits a good ten minutes or so. Satisfied that there aren't any more threats, at the moment at least, the squirrel moves out of the cover of the trees, going to over to pick up his crossbow - thankfully unharmed in the brief scuffle. Slinging it over his shoulder, he glances over to were the marten disappeared, eyeing it suspiciously. Then his gaze falls on the fallen ferret. A sigh. "Well..." The squirrel goes to the body, pulling free the bolt. After searching it for anything that might offer any info, he comes up naut. Dragging it over to the ditch, swatting away a few flies, he rolls the body into it.

Wiping his paws, John shakes his head as he looks down, "Serves y'right for being slaver, you know. Ending up in a ditch like y’are.”

Last edited by Ol'random (2018-07-19 06:14:41 PM)

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

Board footer