Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-17 06:22:24 PM

Karth Riverbark

Chat And Fresh Air-LP Log

Who:
Ewan-Private in the LP,Fighter

Vanya- Private in the LP, Runner

Adrian-Private in the LP,Runner

Lord Ciocan-Badger Lord

Log:

Vanya is out looking at the view quietly, finally a little free time and she seems glad of it.

Ewan finds his way out here and looks around. His shoulders are sore, his arms are sore and he is limping slightly, "I..hate...too much..training"

Vanya sighs and turns around "Its supposed to be to get us ready, ready for what as nothing ever happens around here"

Ewan frowns "Well how can ya like bally well protect anything when your so so sore!"

Vanya shrugs "How should I know, maybe you get less sore as you go but in a real battle the villain wont care if your sore they just want you dead as in not breathing"

Ewan frowns as he looks down "Ya..I bally well know that lass tis just we seem so over worked a day off each week be nice"

Vanya asks, "A day off? As if that will happen but hey...dream on"

Ewan rubs his shoulder as he looks at the view "Still say why so much training, tis not like anything ever happens to be ready fer"

Adrian comes up from below, and breathes in that salty sea breeze. "Ah, wot a bloomin' beautiful day, eh wot?" He stops. "Did I 'ear ya say there's bally well too much trainin'? Did ya join a bloomin' nursery school?"

Vanya looks over at the hare as he enters "He does have a point been a little boring here lately about the only exciting thing was when some sea gulls attacked a couple recruits and a few hares had to come save the day"

Ewan stands up better "Ummm...welll...no sur just..I am sore all over after training and its hard"

Adrian looks at Ewan hard for a few moments... Then he breaks out into a grin. "Relax, relax, mate." He waves a paw. "That said, we must keep up our trainin', wot. We gotta be bally well prepared for *any* possibility. Ta do anythin' less would be ta let Lord Ciocan down."

Vanya nods "That is true and we do make sure the western shores are safe, though not seen any sea beasts around fer couple seasons"

Ewan frowns and then relaxes and gives a small chuckle. He clears his throat.."Right...well tar is troubles in that village up shore sometimes, isn't thar?"

Adrian leans against the crater wall. "Aye, there surely t'is. Mah fathah says it's been calmin' down a bit, though. Halyahd isn't such a bad place, though."

Vanya shrugs."Not like we get visitors asking fer help either" She looks at the view "View from ere' tis good, see fer miles and miles and his Lordship most likely see a good couple more miles seeing how tall he is, then only seen him once during dinner once"

Ewan stays where he is "I rather not go to the village, too loud thar and..well possible sea beasts and all that plus dislike being too close ta water" He smiles "Lord Ciocan is...ummm...almost 9 foot tall..I believe."

Adrian raises a paw. "Now, now, careful. I was born in Halyahd, an' it still 'as fond memories for me. Mah fam'ly 'ome is there. Fathah is a retired Patrol Colonel." He looks out to sea. "Halyahd Tavern is a bloomin' good spot for a bloomin' good drink, too."

Vanya says, "If its such a good place why doesn't the Badger Lord ever go, further I seen him from here is on the shoreline usually doing training stuff with that hammer of his""

Ewan smiles a little"Vermin would be a fool ta go near him and he has like a lot ta do in here, in de mt. of course, most like very busy and all that, wot" He hmms "Though I..may be interested in a small..peek of the village."

Adrian glances at Vanya. "Lord Ciocan is a very busy badgah, wot. 'E doesn't 'ave time for frivolity. Yah'll frequently find Patrol hares at th' Tavern, though."

Vanya shrugs "Maybe on a day off. Wonder if thar will ever' be like a needed patrol away from here, may be interesting to see a bit further inland"

Ewan frowns "I am not one fer blooming adventure. I will happyly just defend lands here, why go elsewhere we hares are ta keep danger fom the inlands"

Adrian exclaims, "Adventure builds charactah! I've been ta Mossflowah, mahself."

Vanya asks, "Mossflower? Isn't that where..Redstone is it? Is at. Why would any hare go thar fer, tis not like an overnight trip ya know""

Ewan frowns and seems to know some facts "Redwall and its like 2 weeks though the River Moss cuts it by a few days so maybe a little over a week that way and I don't know. I mean if something fairly bad came inta the area and...well this is West and danger could be from like the East, South..or North or already inland"

Adrian hrmms. "Tha Abbey had been taken ovah by a disagreeable stoat. Lord Sebastian, our formah Badgah Lord, pledged our aid in the recapture of Redwall. This was sev'ral seasons ago now."

Vanya asks, "Think the abbey would ever need aid again?"

Ewan says, "It been a long distance ta fo..wot if thar was trouble along the way?" Ok he isn't as brave as he seems at times " Then again some would jolly well stay here and only some go help....but then again why would they come ta us fer help?""

Adrian looks at Ewan. "We've 'elped Redwall many times before. We 'ave good relations wi' tha Abbot, aftah all."

Vanya says, "I...would come if they needed help I am very fast on me footpaws and a darn good archer. It tis ever needed but if they needed help or do I am sure they would send someone..wouldn't they?""

Ewan shrugs, "I am not much of a fighter, still learning. I be skilled with the dirk but that's all..saber no....not good at healing"He sighs "I need a lot of training still I suppose"

Adrian nods. "Constant trainin' is the best way ta keep fit, wot."

Vanya says, "And lots of exercise too, but Ewan had a good idea a day off once in de while ta...just relax, maybe it would help one not be too sore after training""

Ewan smiles as his idea is mentioned " Yes a day off, once a week ta recover, relax have some blooming fun fer once as training all de time is not fun, one needs fun in their life as well, right?"

Adrian hmms. "Ya could mention it ta Rahier. See wot 'e has ta say about it, wot."

Vanya nods "Tis be nice, maybe see de village and see what its all about and some fresh air also"

Ewan smiles "Yes we need fresh air most of de things ta do here are inside..training and wot not, sometimes thar is running on de sand and that is blooming hard when told go faster and ya can't really"

Adrian huffs. He takes pride in being a Runner himself. "Runnahs are very important, ya know."

Vanya grins "You need practice Ewan...I am a runner me self...Vanya by de way"

Ewan hmmphs and cross his arms over his chest "Well some be better at running and others better at other things nutting wrong with that lass, nutting at all"

Adrian nods at Vanya. "Are ya new here? I can't always keep up wi' tha new Privates, eh wot."

Vanya says, "Somewhat new yes, been a private a couple weeks time now"

Ewan sighs he has been here a while and just stares at the sands below quietly, seems it took him a bit longer to become a private and he seems notto good at that even yet, hes...barely a private basically.

Adrian ahas, and nods. "Ah, well, welcome ta the Patrol, eh wot... Ya know, I've been a Private for a couple seasons, now... I'm probably up for a promotion at some point... At least, one would bally well think so..."

Ciocan makes his way to the crater and walks silently over to a place he can better view most of the area, paws behind his back as he scans the area quiet. There is a good breeze right now and a few small clouds, other wise still appears its going to be a good day weather wise.

Vanya nods "Guess depends on how long one needs to...do stuff I have no idea how ranks work, I know a couple been a private for SEASONS...and"And she notices the badger, and it silent a few moments before clearing her throat "Anyways...ranks and all, most likely have a system maybe"

Ewan sighs "Blah wot ever...knowing me luck I will be demoted back ta recruit...."He pouts and kicks a small lose rock and looks back to he others and then blinks when the Badger Lord is beside him, gee the hare needs to pay closer attention to whats going on "..Oh...sur..hallo"

Adrian stands up straighter, heels together and he gives a smart salute when Ciocan arrives. "Good day, Sah."

Ciocan turns after a while and nods to the 3 hares, before looking back towards where he was looking quiet for a little while longer before his attention is back to the hares "Good day to you three, enjoying some fresh air as well I see. Though something seems at an unrest but I can not tell the reason yet, its.."He closes his eyes and opens them again "Its not close by but...its notto be ignored also I will have to think more on it later perhaps, when it's hopefully clearer."

Vanya frowns "unrest? Storm maybe.....we do have those at times...sur" She likely is not helping and this is the first time she has been this close to the badger.

Ewan keeps at attention and very alert, "Storm?" He looks at Vanya and then up, back to her "Its not that cloudy lass, its a nice day...well right now is, more training later that's fer sure"

Adrian hmms. "Unrest, Sah. Hopefully it isn't pirates, wot."

Ciocan says, "I am not sure but I do not feel it comes from the sea. I am sure it will become more clear in time."He offers a smile to the hares,"Training is always an important part of the Long Patrol, it will be hard at times but it will be worth it if you find yourself in battle. But also a small break at times is good too" He chuckles a little."

Vanya nods as she listens "Well we can see , fiarly far and no boats right now sah"

Ewan smiles "See.....even his lordship says time off is good."He does seem a little concern "But in all...seriousness I do hope thar isn't some bad threat here and danger coming, not sure I would be ready fer hat just yet"

Adrian looks out to sea. "If not pirates, could be slavahs from tha south... But I doubt that. We haven't heard from them in many seasons now..."

Ciocan looks towards the sea coast and slowly more inland as he grows quiet for a few moments and speaks again " I am..unsure, it's still unclear for now but there is trouble somewhere." After another short while he speaks "It's best to be ready weather trouble comes here....or someone seeks aid from us is also possible. I will truly mediate on this later tonight, in the mean time lets not dwell on it too long for the time being. It will become clearer when its meant to become clearer."

Vanya just looks confused but nods "Of course sur, ye have me longbow at your side if needed."

Ewan asks, "Clearer when its clearer? "And a frown but also a nod "I do hope so sur, I will do me best training fer whatever is needed.""

Adrian mhmms. "T'is best ta be bally well prepared, wot wot."

Ciocan nods "Yes it is, always good to be prepared for anything. Other wise I hope all of you have had a good day so far"

Vanya says, "My day is..fairly well. Thinking of seeing the village maybe in a day or so, not seen it before."

Ewan asks, "The village? Isn't it a bit....tiny bit unsafe? Ya know the boat dock or then one could stay away from that I guess....I would, the tavern sounds...nice, wonder if the food and drink is good thar""

Adrian raises a paw to his forehead. "Ya cut me to tha quick. Halyahd is mah hometown. Mah fam'ly live there. It's no more dangerous than any othah town, 'specially wi' tha Patrol keepin' it safe."

Ciocan says, "I do not think I will vernture into town. I have some things to think on, mediate on before I sleep tonight as I said something is..uneasy on the air and I know not what yet and need to find out what it is." He smiles "But if you 3 can get a day off, go into town .enjoy yourself just let an officer know where you are and when to expect you back""

Vanya tilts her head "So..we could really have a day off then?" Or is he joking maybe, maybe it's a trick.

Ewan smiles "Really,,,a day off? Tomorrow maybe?"

Adrian glances at the other two hares. "All work an' no play makes a dull hare, as mah ol' cousin Lavinia use ta say..."

Ciocan nods "Yes but make sure you ask your officers first." He looks once more towards the inland and takes a deep breath "I am going to be in my chambers...Adrian...make sure I am not disturbed unless its of the most importance." He turns to head inside.

Vanya nods "Yes....permission is always important."She watches the badger but decides to not ask anything else. A day off will be nice.

Ewan smiles "Yes sur of course sur...make sure it is known where I am...yes"He starts to ask if everything is ok but then again, this is the badger Lord so...yeah lets not ask him if he is ok, you don't do that...right?

Adrian salutes. "Yes Sah!" He stands straighter again.

Ciocan nods and then heads inside silently and looks to be in deep thought.

Vanya watches him go inside and then is a bit less at attention "Well...that was interesting but a day off is good, maybe he needs a day off also" She says in a simple tone.

Ewan frowns, "Do you think his Lordship is ok? He seemed distracted...yes a day off is good and he jolly well agrees but still...ya think he is ok? If he is late to dinner or something should someone...check on him?"

Adrian shakes his head firmly. "'Is Lordship gave me explicit instructions that 'e shouldn't disturbed."

Vanya nods "Yeah Ewan...that's the one beast you don't disobey"

Ewan ears droop to the sides "I...ya right ok....but I do hope he is jolly well ok wot ever be wrong or not wrong." He sighs a little "I think a day off is good for any one, and maybe if something is gonna go wrong we should take the day off soon in case we dont get any days off fer a long while"

Adrian hmphs. "Per'aps Rahier should know..."

Vanya says, "Well we can ask a couple higher ups when to get a day off and then blooming take it and enjoy it, then come back next day ready to go back into training and all that"

Ewan says, "Ya training "He is not excited as he speaks " Sides...be a chance to not be sore and we can still take a weapon if needed."

Adrian eyes Ewan. "Ya need a boost o' self esteem, mate."

Vanya says, "Always keep a weapon around I say, just in case one never knows sudden dangers around"

Ewan frowns "I..."He just sighs, "Training is just ...sometimes hard, I can do sits ups and push ups are hard to do more of. I can't run fast but I am fairly good, slowly getting better, with a dirk..someone mentioned if your in a big battle you may need to fight off 5 at once and maybe learn to use a spear

Adrian pats the rapier at his hip. "You should take up fencin'. T's a bloomin' good sport, wot. An' it helps one learn bettah form, wot."

Vanya goes to head inside "I am getting some rest before dinner...so good eve I guess"

Ewan nods and blinks "Fenceing?"He is curious and sits down "I guess I shouldn't...complain too much and just try ta better get threw training before they demote me, if that's blooming possible"

Adrian draws his blade, and makes a slashing motion through the air. "Yes, fencing. T'is good bloomin' exercise. Also a good way ta impress th' does..."

Ewan chuckles a little and smiles"Maybe...I don't think Vanya likes me at all though"

Adrian resheaths his rapier. "There's othah does. Per'aps you can make 'er jealous, eh wot? C'mon, I'll give ya a few pointahs for swordplay before dinnah..."

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

Board footer