Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-15 04:16:52 PM

oz

Let's Paint The Treehouse And Plan A Dibbun Campout!-Redwall Log

Who:

Krisha- Furture Badger Mother of Redwall

Oz- Badger Mother of Redwall/ Papa Oz

Kenya- Soon to be novice sea otter

Atvi-Dibbun Vole

PJ- Dibbun Vole

Northstar-Dibbun Badger

Assorted Dibbuns and a couple older ranked novices

Log:

Its a sunny and perfect for what is needed to be done. Of course waiting a few days was hard and then after lunch but they finally got the chance to paint the tree house! There was buckets of paint, some things to hang on the wall. Also there was already some yellow and white daisy looking paper flowers hanging from yarn from the ceiling.

Atvi was excited, along with him was a younger vole named PJ that seemed to always follow him along where ever he went as he looked around and diped his paws into the paint and giggled, both voles did and made little paw prints on the walls.

Kenya looks around and sits by one wall and simply starts painting a picture of a couple otters by what looks like a river with some pink fish in it, and some grass at their foorpaws and smiles. A couple other dibbuns just make dots of blue and red here and there.

Krisha takes a deep breath and keeps an eye on things, she has with her her daughter Northstar who has yet to do too much but crawl around. The badger cub is interested in seeing all the dibbuns and giggles. But if one gets too close they will cling onto Krisha's leg and frown."Ok ..dibbuns it looks like we are having fun, anyone want to just paint a wall a single color...blue? White maybe and then add some other things?"

One of the dibbuns frowns "Want rainbow..." Another one smiles "We cans put it on the blue wall..." "NOOOOOO!!!" And two mice fight over a blue paintbrush and cause the paint to go onto a wall and onto a vole dibbun who just giggles.

Atvi just watches and his eyes go wide"They making mess" PJ just makes more paw prints on the wall, this paint job will look, well interesting that's for sure.

Kenya shrugs "Long as they don't mess up my picture, its my family and on day..one day they will be back so yeah"

Krisha gently gets the paint brush and shows how to use it and smiles "This is for all dibbuns to help, sort of a mess match of..ideas?" She looks around, well it's colorful that's for sure and no wall will for sure be the same as another wall.

The two dibbuns that was fighting over the paint brush have a little blue paint on them now and nod as they watch. A couple novice are here as well to help if needed.

Atvi tilts his head and smiles "We needs ta make a picture of Papa Oz..." PJ just nods his head. Thought there is a rainbow still to be made first as it is decided, finally at least one wall can be blue and it WILL have a large rainbow of blue,red,green,yellow,orange, and some pinkish or purple color also.

Kenya sighs "He couldn't see it you know" She says calmly and stands "We need to write somewhere that this is the dibbuns's Treehouse and that..that guests need the password to enter"

Krisha says, "Well we could carefully write it on the wall outside, maybe in like a couple colors...red and blue maybe?" She smiles as she is starting to enjoy the dibbuns company, the first real day by her self with them.

The dibbuns, 15 right now and that doesn't count Kenya,PJ and Atvi so far they are behaving themselves and having fun painting. Though one decides to take a nap on some blankets place in the tree house

Atvi says, "I like blue...." One wall is just blue, one wall is some dots and paw prints and a couple stick mouse figures and 1-2 pictures of flowers with grass. Another wall is still blank and the last one looks to do assorted pictures here and there.

Kenya keeps drawing her otter family and sighs a little as she finishes and sits back to look at it, she smiles at a younger dibbun beside her who has made what looks like a snowman holding a flower and another has their own picture of the abbey bell tower and a too large bell, but hey they are a dibbun after all and lines go from the bell, sound maybe.

Krisha smiles as she helps, she uses the white paint to paint one of the walls."This tree house will be special I think and maybe we can celebrate with some cookies and juice even, but I will have to see if the Friar is interested first"

And cookies are mentioned and she has all their attention"COOKIES!!!" A couple giggle and smile and a couple watch her paint. A couple others start...great dipping paws into the paint and shaking it towards others, the wall, the floor and the ceiling!

Atvi blinks and giggles as he joins in the paint fun, "Fun fun!" Some gets on PJs face and he starts wailing

Kenya gasps and frowns "Don't no one mess up my picture!!!" Lucky the paint goes on a couple other wall and achally adds to the unquieness of the inside of the tree house Paint is also on the floor and somehow the ceiling as well as the door, well it did need painting some as well.

Krisha frowns "Ok wait no making paint go all over...please" Northstar looks at a glob of paint on the floor and pokes it. Shakes her paw and even tastes it...yeah paint tastes bad as she starts to cry and Krisha picks her up "Its ok Northstar." She wipes off her paw and looks around, "Well it does...add color but please..lets not..."And some paint gets on her robes, all well its fine and she can try and get it off later.

The dibbuns do calm a little and look at where paint dots, some long thin lines ended up on the walls, floors, and above their heads and on a door. One takes the rest of a yellow can and dumps it on their head and then panics and walks backwards bumping into the wall and the paint can rolls onto the floor...leaving them mostly yellow and an area of the floor yellow as well.

Atvi giggles and adds a little more paw prints with some of the yellow off the floor and grins. PJ just goes to try and get in Krisha's lap, he is tried and a little over whelmed now.

Kenya managed to save her otter drawing and even added herself and all 3 otters look so happy and she puts a heart around them and looks over at the others and shakes her head. She walks over to Krisha "Can I write "Dibbuns Hideout" Outside now I will be very careful and will use red and blue paints for the letters. I am good at writting please"

Krisha goes to clean up the one dibbun covered in yellow paint and gets most of the paint off as she smiles at Kenya and sits down. She lets the couple dibbuns, as well as Northstar into her lap "Yes Kenya and please do be careful we don't want anyone hurt today"

The dibuns add a few more paw prints, dots and some swirling lines here and there and finally sit back a little tried, some paint on them, not too much and the paint that's left in the pails and buckets sit in varies places around the tree house, but they are done after like 3 hours of being up here.

Atvi stands up and dusts off, he hmms and nods "I likes it....."He then looks at the badger "I is hungry"

Kenya keeps her picture nice and helps another dibbun finish some sort of stick figure and even helps with the...well its supposed to be Papa Oz, its a badger...sort of, she does fix it up a little and smiles "Its a nice tree house now all pretty and special and....truly a dibbun hideout now!!"

Krisha smiles "It is, you all have done well. Juts remember you can't be up here all the time and not all at once either there are other dibbuns, yes smaller ones wont be up here most likely but others that are not so small will be"

The dibbuns nod, they know as there is classes to attend and sometimes rainy weather but at least the paint shouldn't get messed up and the next couple days are going to be sunny. There is one thing they all agree on...."Hungry" "We is hungry" "We needs snack food"

Atvi nods and smiles "We have cookies or cake?" PJ just claps his paws.

Kenya rolls her eyes "Cookies and cake??" She sighs "Maybe least some fruit too, or cheese....juice is nice" She smiles a snack does sound nice in fact.

Krisha smiles "Umm...well maybe some mix of treat and healthy would work. Sliced pears with cheese and cookies on the side, and some cherry drink to go with it"

The dibbun seem to like this idea and go to take turns hugging the badger and smiling at her.

Atvi smiles and hugs her, PJ stays off to the side as Atvi asks "So how often you in charge?"

Kenya just stays put as she goes to make sure the pain cans are all together, paint brushes also laid to the side of the pant cans and pails. She listens a little to the talking.

Krisha rocks Northstar quietly and speaks "Well....not too often I mean Oz is still your Badgermom and I hope he remains that for many more seasons to come."

The dibbuns nod and sit down, there is still the snack thing though.

Atvi says, "But he will always be arounds"

Kenya speaks quietly "I like Papa Oz...you are ok too...I..."She frowns and stands "I can slowly gets the paints down ok..." She gets a couple pails and or couple buckets at a time, it will take 5 trips and the brushes will just be in her dress  pockets.

Krisha watches her head off"Kenya you ok?" She looks to the others "Well...yes he should be around a long long time yet but no one is around forever and one day...far far off"She hopes " I will be badger mother but that likely wont be till like...well your own dibbuns or...their dibbuns?...are here"

The dibbuns sort of go quiet and then just look bored, a couple yawn and find a soft blanket or pillow to go nap on.

Atvi frowns "Kenya left, why she leave...she bringing cookies back?"

Kenya doses return but not with cookies, maybe the cookies were not made yet but there is cheese, apple and pear slices and strawberries with cream, and some bread. She smiles "Snack time, cookies may be later on...inside , I don't know"

Krisha smiles as Kenya comes back "Oh good, I was a little worried you sort of just walked off and seemed down"

The dibbuns frown no cookies but still its food and a good snack with fruit, and cheese and bread and some good water to wash it all down.

Atvi gets some and walks over to sit a couple strawberries down for Kenya and goes back to the other dibbuns, some napping did wake up for a snack.

Kenya smiles and nibbles the strawberry and nods "I am...ok just, I don't know" She glaces at the picture of the two otters and a smaller one beside them and sighs as she goes to sit by Krisha.

Krisha looks at the picture and smiles "Its a nice picture, arnt you going to have a snack with the others?"

The dibbuns quietly eat their snack and seem ready for a nap, "Can we sleep up here?" One asks.

Atvi says, "Me not wanna sleep up here"

Kenya just yawns and snuggles close to Krisha and just ends up falling asleep

Krisha blinks and smiles as Kenya falls asleep, but she does answer "Well we will have to ask Oz, ok? Maybe 1 night half of the dibbuns can sleep up here and the next night the other half of the dibbuns"

The dibbuns seem to discuss this and one who seems sort of like a messenger nods "Ok that sounds fair but needs ta happen soon ok?" The others nod

Atvi says, "And we needs lots of cookies....both nights so all get yummy cookies"

Kenya opens her eyes and closes them again muttering how cookies are nice with greensap milk, she yawns and looks like she is sleeping for now.

The Badger Maid smiles then nods as she stands and slowly keeps a hold of Northstar as well as the sleeping Kenya "Ok then...I will speak with Friar Lacota on the cookies for each night, and Papa Oz on the little sleep out in the tree house for a couple nights, as said half one night and half the next night ok and your all need to behave and be good and have an adult with you, likely Papa Oz or Sister Ginny"

The dibbuns nod and look over at her "We gots to go back insides now?" One asks

Atvi turns and gives sad looking eyes, like really, he tries to look really really sad and PJ copies him.

There is silence and a chuckle from Krisha, "Ok now that is not going to work...come on. And not to worry I can have the last class of the day marked off, today only and we get cleaned up, maybe a story and then it will be dinner time"

The dibbuns cheer and smile, and they slowly make their way back down to the bottom of the tree house and walk from the orchards on to the inside of the abbey building. Baths are had and then its time for a story of some sort before its bedtime.

Atvi follows them, almost missing the last step and PJ follows close behind him.

Krisha sighs as she has both Kenya and Northstar and follows the dibbuns inside, she will place Kenya and Northstar down for naps and make sure the rest have their bath and decides on a story about how an otter and a mouse became friends, how the otter had tattoos but was a friend and even Champion of Redwall once. After the story it ends just in time for dinner.

Oz appears beside Krisha after a short while "You did good this afternoon. The story was an added bonus but it's fine you did well with it also"

Krisha smiles "Hi....you sure I did ok and sorry guess should of came and got you for story time"

Oz chuckles softly "Its ok, sides not told them that story and they like to hear new ones that have abbey history"

Krisha nods "I guess...there was a little fighting with paint but it was solved and one dibbun poured 1/4 a pail of yellow paint on then but we got him cleaned up..Also Kenya did good helping but seemed a little sad close to the end, I asked it she was ok and she claimed she was and she fell asleep or may of asked her further"

Oz nods "I can...look into it maybe, She has been at the abbey a little over a season now. She was one of the first ones effected by what we later found out were slavers, we thought her case was random but now I am not so sure....its also the same time that one..Ace was it? Disappeared as he had went out to hunt clues and didn't come back, never was found either"

Krisha frowns "Ace...Xander spoke of him. He found out the Black Rose took him and...sold him but it was not clear where and may never be found out, its sad....if Kenya's parents are part of the slaves of that place, that's horrible."

Oz nods "It is..."He yawns and pats her on the shoulder "Lets not talk of it, but yes you did good today. And you are prooveing you care about the dibbuns, it sounds like they will listen to you."He smiles "Your make a great Badger Mother of Redwall one day"

Krisha nods as she smiles "Yeah but, not too soon please...many seasons from now is just fine Oz...oh that reminds me...the dibbuns asked if they could have a like camp out in the tree house and I said I would ask you and maybe like half one night and the other half the next night, and have at least 1-02 adults there too,,,you, Sister Ginny,,,,me if needed" She smiles"And gonna see if Friar Lacota will make cookies each night, maybe greensap milk to go with them also"

Oz nods "Maybe, we will see I will think on it and yes do ask Lacota on the cookies, I am sure he would make some"

Krisha smiles "Thanks, going to ask him now...talk later Oz" And she gives him a hug and heads off to find Friar Lacota to discuss...well cookies.

Oz smiles at the hug and nods, he stands there for a while before he heads off to his room, it is getting close to bed time after all.

Last edited by oz (2018-07-15 04:22:25 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer