Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-09 05:37:05 PM

warrior_Otter_maid

I Want To Be A Novice-Redwall Log

Who:

Kenya-Soon to be novice..she hopes

Oz- Badger Mom

Where:
Open Ground in the afternoon at Redwall Abbey

Log:

Kenya walks along a path as she looks around and sighs, no luck yet or so it would seem.

Oz is having his late lunch in the open ground, if he is needed someone can tell him.

Kenya skips over and dusts off her dress as she waits and then speaks "Papa Oz...da ya think I could be a novice I will be the right age soon"

Oz finishes his bite of summer salad and a sip of tea before replying "Your need to learn the charter and then come seek me or maybe Abbot Benar"

Kenya rocks back and forth on her foot paws and smiles " To be Brothers and Sisters of peace and goodwill, living together in harmony under the protection of Redwall Abbey, forsaking all unnecessary forms of violence, not only to Mossflower, its trees, grasses, flowers, and insects, but to all living creatures. To help and comfort the dispossessed, harbor orphans and waifs, offer shelter to all creatures alike, give clothing, warmth and food to any beast or creature that is deemed in need of such. To educate and learn, particularly in the healing arts, comfort the sick, nurse the injured and help the wounded. To take our food from the earth and replenish the land by caring for it, husbanding crops and living in harmony with the seasons always. To honor and protect our friends and brethren, only raising paw to do battle when our life at Redwall is threatened by treachery and the shadow of war;at these times every Redwall creature should show courage, fortitude and obedience to the Father Abbot. Albeit the taking of another life must always be justified and never carried out in a wanton manner."

Oz smiles "Well, it seems you already know the charter, this is good and shows your eager and willing to learn...sit down please"

Kenya sits and smiles "I looked at it and reread it a lot...ummm when I wasn't busy, OH..and I helped Brother Tyler finish the door to the Book binding room and he put the door up earlier today, I know some stuff on wood work now"

Oz nods "That is good and he will make a good teacher if you want to learn more I am sure...now being a novice takes a lot of work and one day your need to pick a skill, a main one to learn if you want or maybe just know a few things here and there. You wont be a Sister in the order over night it takes some time to earn the rank and knowing skills like basic healer..reading and writing, good at math and there is lots of chores. Also most important is get along with others or least best you can as no one is prefect at this"

Kenya says, "I know, I saw an order beast stub their toe and they...."She frowns "They said a bad word"

Oz says, "Well things do happen and just cause one is a Brother or Sister in the order or even a novice doesn't mean one has to be happy all the time your allowed to be grumpy, sad, or maybe afraid at times""

Kenya says, "Have you ever...."She then decides "Oh nevermind"

Oz tilts his head "Grumpy?...yes"He chuckles "I have..also been sad and even afraid once or twice"

Kenya seems confused "Scared? But...your like ...well a badger and...your for sure an adult, why would an adult be scared fer?" She is curious and wants answers "What you ever scared you or...well any beast that's...well not a dibbun or like teen.?"

Oz says, "Dibbuns are not the only ones who can be afraid and I was afraid when I was going blind, I didn't seek out help right away and no it would not of made a difference with my site but would of with helping with calming fear at the time. And sometimes one can be in a place where they do not have anyone else ."

Kenya asks, "So you were not always blind?"

Oz shakes his head "No...it happen due to some injuries around my eyes and maybe some head injury...I don't know. I was taken captive by an insane fox for over a season and nearly died and I believe would of had a healer from here had not been captive too and saved my life while there. sadly he is no longer with us, he..died not too long ago and saved many lives in his own lifetime."

Kenya goes to hug him "I am sorry..I am bringing up like bad stuff aren't I?"

Oz hugs her and speaks "Its fine. I can talk of things of my past a little better now. I have had much more happy moments, funny moments even in my long life than sad. I have a lot of friends and know friends come and go weather they move away or die, maybe you yourself move away and never know what happen to a friend. Family will also not be around forever so treasure family and friends always Kenya that's important for anybeast to know"

Kenya nods and then frowns remembering coming here and buries her face in his robes, she has..had? A mother and father but she is not sure if they are around still even as she grows quiet but slightly shivers so its clear she is crying but trying not to cry.

Oz just holds her close and rubs her back "Its ok to cry Kenya"He says softly and then just remains quiet as sometimes words are not always needed.

Kenya lets herself cry, it is better not to hold it in he is right as it does hurt her throat and just makes her stressed out and this seems to relieve some stress as she sniffs and snuggles a little as she may be getting out of her dibbun seasons but sometimes she feels like a small dibbun again at times. She lets herself fall asleep if allowed.

Oz leans against the wall he is by and just holds her. The afternoon is nice and they are in the shade so it is fine and its quieter than it was as most slipped inside for chores or elsewhere for chores.

Kenya just takes a nap, relaxing and a nap is always a good idea.

Board footer