Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-30 02:42:18 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Control and Running from Angela (RWA RP)

SCENE: Redwall Abbey Infirmary.

CHARACTERS:  Xander, a male badger.  DoraRose, a female mouse.  Anatole, a male otter.  Various spoofs doing various things smile

LOG:
Xander has been in the infirm, stuck in bed for...welll last few days and has sit up but this is the first day he has slowly stood up. His left shoulder blade is tightly bandaged front and back and it does make moving his arm up to far a bit annoying as he mutters a little and looks at the door to the open ground, maybe he can get out of here and do something useful than, well stay in a darn bed.

Angela is in a back room, digging through stuff, and Nissaya is helping her.  They're probably looking for some herb or something.  There's the sound of something softish falling, then the old mouse Healer saying a string of foul words.  She's not having a good day, apparently.  There are no other Healers in sight, no Order members, no one!  For once the badger is all alone in the room (although Angela and Nissaya are just a call away).  What he can't see is DoraRose trudging up the steps to the Infirmary from the Open Ground, so if he tries to escape, he'll still get caught.  She's just now reaching for the door handle...

Xander gasps as the door opens and....well Dorarose is now in his way as he frowns. Maybe she will let him pass as he glaces over his shoulder at the ...cussing and looks back to Dorarose "Oh...hello there, I was just getting fresh air"

Anatole peeks into the infirmary. He usually doesn't come in here and he is not hurt. He is just looking for something to do, to get his mind off recent events.

DoraRose jumps backwards.  "AHHohhi, Xander!"  She rests a paw on her chest.  "I wasn't expecting anybeast to be there."  More cursing can be heard as something hard falls in the back room, and the Warrior mouse grimaces.  "I take it my grandmother is doing something in a closet and it's not going well?"  Nissaya's voice can be heard trying to soothe the obviously irate Healer mouse in the back room.  The otter has yet to be spotted.  The Gatekeeper has a big badger in her way, after all.

Xander frowns "Please don't scream...."  He goes to hold up his paw and tenses in pain as, ok don't lift that arm up high as he slowly lowers in now "I...I don't, been stuck in a bed when I should be out there helping my friends"   

Anatole steps in further, "Umm, not to seem rude but your recovering from a rather bad wound or it seemed back to me, then I am not a healer." He sits down "I was checking to see if anyone needed help, they made me leave the kitchen when I added way too much salt to something and it boiled over and made a mess. I offered to clean and they said no just to leave and, well here I am my friends"

DoraRose frowns, noting the badger's expression.  Peering around him, she spots the otter and smiles.  "Well, you could help me get Xander back in bed.  He can't help his friends if he's hurt and can't fight."  She goes to try and guide the badger back to his cot.  She won't make him lay down, but he does need to not leave.

Xander sighs and allows himself to go back to his cot and sits down. "I...look I don't want anyone else hurt or worse and Karth is out there trying to gain recruits, is that a good idea?  Should we maybe not get more members?  Am I just calling them to some possible...death?"   

Anatole frowns "Can we not say the D word...sir, please I dislike it. I just want Tassel back I am so worried about her and she been away days and earlier in the day she disappeared she didn't feel good, she promised me she have a healer check on her and let me know if she got to feeling worse, then it could of been the weather I suppose"

DoraRose gets cool tea for all of them and sits on the floor.  "Anatole.....I understand.  My husband was missing for a while before I found him dying in the middle of the woods.  I understand you're worried, and I hope and pray that Tassel will be found safe and okay.  Don't give up hope."  Turning to the badger, she adds, "Xander, having you out there won't keep them safe.  There is nothing you can do to keep them safe beyond what you are doing right now.  Most of us in the Defenders are Warriors, and we know what the risks are.  Xander, it looks to me like you're trying to be in control of our fates, and you can't be.  None of us can."  She reaches out and goes to gently hold his paw.  "We have to let go of those we care about, and know that we could lose them at any minute, and so live like we may never see them again."  Tears start to form in her eyes.  "Believe me....this is one of the hardest lessons I've been learning since Leon's death.  But I can't be in control, and I can't protect everyone.  No matter how hard I try."

Xander frowns as he seems to remember a death he had to go through "I..I know, just..sorry. I want to be a good leader and maybe I still have things to learn.I know I can't be everywhere at the same time and sometimes even then a plan one has doesn't work. When Quade was...here and he managed to capture the abbot, I mean yes the abbot was found and got safely back here but I still felt like I messed up cause I was knocked out, and...my..." He is silent "I figured..mom would be fine, I mean her and her mates boat was only a little ways off but she...Quade still..k...killed her and..dad brought her inside and she..was....I just don't want to...see a close loved one ...dead again"

Anatole listens and frowns why are beasts in tears or near tears right now "Should I get those 2 in the back room."He edges that way as if to as he is no good at this sort of thing "I...trust Tassel will be found."Or he hopes anyways.

Another crash is heard from the back room, followed by a shout from Nissaya and a string of very colourful curses from Angela. DoraRose grimaces. "I would suggest staying out of there. We're....we'll be okay." She manages a smile. "I'm sure Tassel will be found, safe and sound. It's just slavers. It'd be dumb to kill a valuable slave. I'm sure she's as okay as she can be, and we'll find her soon." Her husband was kidnapped and killed by a lunatic bird, so slavers are a little less deadly, to be honest. She turns back to the badger. "I know. I don't want anyone to die, either. I also know that just because I'm with them doesn't mean I'll be able to keep them from dying." Another crash sounds out from the back room, but this time it's followed by silence, then the otter Healer suggesting they take a break. The Warrior mouse hurriedly stands and waves to the 2 beasts with her. "How 'bout we go down to Cavern Hole and look for a snack?" She whispers.  She obviously doesn't want to be in here when her grandmother comes out of that room....

Xander looks to the door "Is..that allowed, or do I have to stay here?"  Yeah Angela may grumble at him and find a way to drag him back to the infirm if he leaves.   

Anatole shrugs "Why would it not...you could say your hungry and the cooks are slow when it comes to getting food up here"

DoraRose grins a little wickedly. "Oh, I doubt it's allowed. But sometimes I like to rebel against my grandmother, y'know? She needs to chill a little. So c'mon! I'll take the blame for misleading an impressionable young mind." She goes to grab a paw from both of them (making to sure to aim for the badger's uninjured arm) and tries to lead them out the door!

Xander decides to take the risk and follows the mousemaid on out of the infirm quietly, slowly but quietly.   

Anatole chuckles loudly "I am sure ya be fine...what is de old mousemaid gonna do, you're a badger...hee heee...and ya need some better food than they bring up here...hey wait on me!" And he catches up to them.

~*END*~

Thanks for reading! big_smile

Board footer