Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-12 05:35:04 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

The Chieftain meets the architect... (A Ferravale RP)

SCENE: Ferravale: Chieftain's Office

FRIENDS: Blisa, Chieftain of Ferravale, a female cat; Ferdinand, a bodyguard and a male ferret; Hank, another bodyguard and a male fox.  Nightbreath, a male ermine.  A spoofed regular guard.  Texo, a male weasel.

LOG:

Blisa is in her office, doing paperworkish things.  You know, those boring things that Chieftians have to do.  She's not smiling by any means, but her face seems kind of....relaxed.  Peaceful.  Like she's actually having a sort of good day.  Ferdinand is sitting in a corner, literally making a quilt.  Hank and a regular town guard are, well, guarding the door, which is closed.  Anyone who wants to see the Chieftain has to go through them first.

Nightbreath enters the hall outside the office, ducking his head respectfully to the guards. "Is the Chieftainess available? Or should I come back later?" He's at ease at the moment, but he's still curious as to how Blisa is holding up, seeing as she's in charge of the entire village, and has been for months...

Texo slowly comes down the hall, under his arm is a rolled up scroll of some sort, two large scrolls, he slows as he comes to a door and...backs away from the creepy ermine....yeah this is lovely.

Hank opens the door and says, "Er, Miss Blisa, Nightbreath an' another beast are 'ere."  The young cat looks up.  "Okay, thanks.  Let them in."  The fox opens the door as the other guard gestures for the ermine and the weasel to enter.  Ferdinand looks up from his quilt and moves the frame up against the wall as he stands and stretches.  The Chieftian folds her paws on her desk and waits for the 2 to enter.

Nightbreath enters softly, his sandals making nary a sound on the floor. He nods to Texo before turning his attention to Blisa, saying, "I wanted to talk to you, but it's not important. Perhaps this beast should address thee first..." He glances to Texo again, expectantly.

Texo doesn't get too close to Nightbreath and nods to the chieftain "Umm...ello miss, I am Texo...Architect....and I had spoken with a...Zee Winters and he mentioned you were the best to talk to bout my skills, I spoke to another beast also...an idea for a bell tower came to my mind and I could help build it and get others help as well....I got plans and..." He drops a scroll and sets it down "Oh wrong one, that's headquarters for this group, Mossflower Defenders...ahh here" He gets the right blueprint out for a simple bell tower, not as fancy as the abbey one but maybe a little taller.

Blisa offers a slight smile to the seemingly nervouse weasel.  She patiently waits until he opens the scroll, then she leans over to look at it.  "Oh, it's lovely.  However, we could use a good inn first, or perhaps an addition to the tavern so it has some inn rooms.  But this is a lovely idea.  I think we would definitely have use for it in the future.  What would you construct it from?"

Nightbreath nods at Blisa's statement, flashing a quick smile of symbol-marked teeth in an attempt to put Texo at ease.  "I concur with Blisa.  We should focus on giving beasts places to stay, then expand from there.  But this plan looks well made," he says, examining the scroll.

Texo answers "Some good stone, maybe metal in a couple places, and a wooden staircase to go to where the bell is, you could even name the bell after someone if you would like" He nods "I could ask the tavern owner if he would like to expand the tavern, as for an Inn...it is odd you have none"

Blisa's face hardens, her smile becoming a little...forced.  "It....the inn was burned down, probably by an arsonist, shortly before my father died."  Her paw curls around a glass paperweight she has on her desk as bad memories come rocketing to the surface.  "Do....um...yeah.  If you would talk to Marek about that, that'd be great.  Tell him that I sent you.  Mentioning that you're a friend of the late Zee Winters would be good, too; he was greatly respected here in Ferravale."  She sits back and looks at the piece of glass in her paw, her smile gone.  "You're a very good designer, Texo.  Where did you learn that, or have you always been talented like this?"  Her voice sounds friendly, but there is a great sadness showing in her eyes.

Nightbreath's face darkens as well, but it's hard to tell since his hood is up.  He waits, ready to step in to aid Blisa if she needs it, and also keeps a watchful eye on Texo, somehow reproachful without meaning to be.

Texo nods and frowns "S...Should I go now, I can come back later...maybe?"

Blisa gives the Seer a dirty look as Ferdinand smiles a little. "You're fine, don't worry. Nightbreath is just....a little creepy, sometimes. But he's nice once you get to know him." She sets the paperweight back down on her desk. "I just...am sometimes....troubled by things I've had to live through. It has nothing to do with you, don't worry. You are welcome in Ferravale." She offers him a reassuring smile.

Nightbreath stiffens indignantly.  "/Creepy?/--" He shuts up quickly, not wanting to make the Chieftainess look foolish. Or himself, for that matter.  "Apologies," he says smoothly. "Merely being protective...again."

(And then life stole Texo away sad RL is a jerk and needs to grow up tongue )

Blisa waves at the weasel.  "However, I do need to get back to work.  Nightbreath, could you please stay for a moment?"  When the architect is gone, she turns to him.  "I'm sorry, that was kind of disrespectful.  True, yes, but not kind.  I apologize."  She starts straightening the papers on her desk.  "Now, what did you want to talk to me about?"  Hank closes the door as Ferdinand goes back to his quilt. 

Nightbreath nods slowly. "Apology accepted, little one.  I just wanted to see how you were coping with managing the village...however, now I've seen, so...what do _you_ want to talk about?" he laughs.  He stays for quite some time.

Blisa smiles a little.  "Well, I had an idea...." and then she explains her idea for some new laws....

~*END*~
Thanks for reading!

Board footer