Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-25 06:18:34 PM

oz

A Couple Visitors-Redwall Log

Who:

Oz- Badger Mother, AKA Papa Oz

Zolomon-Archer in Mossflower Defenders

Krisha-Badger Mother in Training

Xander-Leader of Mossflower Defenders

Ximena - healer in Mossflower Defenders

Ferro-Blacksmith of Ferravale

Log:

**This happens in the woods close to Brockhall and then ends at Brockhall ***

Oz was relaxing and sipping some tea as he smiled “I have to say this past week has been good.”

Xander smiles “I am glad Uncle Oz. I am gonna go check with Zolomon and Karth, I will be back promise.” He waves and slips off.

Krisha sighs “I thought it was a break for all of us, shouldn't that include any Defender work?”

Oz frowns but then speaks “He will be fine Krisha, I am sure its just a simple check in and then right back”

Ximena was out collecting herbs as she found some Comfrey and placed it in a bundle and warped it in a cloth placing it in her bag as she kept other herbs in their won bundled cloths as well.

A noise sounds from behind a tree and a claws paw reaches towards the hamster, “H..H..help me...ssssssssssssssssssss”

Xander was close to the area where the hamster was but he was speaking to a hare”So...news?”

Zolomon smiled “All is well Xandy...well Karth is away but he is fine and will be back soon some..alone time or something.”

Meanwhile  Ximena  sees the claw and what is at the end as her eyes widen and she does what  any normal beast in her position would, she screams!

The claw belongs to a monitor, Ferro to be correct as he lays there shivering and looking ill, he tenses at the scream “Won't..harm...pleasssssssssse.....” There is no wounds on him but he looks....well just so well. Being in the early summer heat is not good for a monitor lizard, which he is. It would seem he has been out most of the day, ran out of water and....out of shade, not that shade helped too much the past half hour.

Xander hears the scream and draws his blade scanning the area “Did you here that?”

Zolomon nods and has his longbow and an arrow ready”Some beast needs help. This way Xandy!” He points and heads towards the scream.

Ximena backs away and is clearly afraid, but does look the lizard over and frowns, but still this is a deadly beast right? It could be a trick but then again it is clearly in need of help....”H..How do I know...you wont eat me once your a little better?”

Ferro breaths in and out as he fights to stay awake “I...won't...eat you...sssssssss” He then loses his battle to stay awake and his eyes close.

Xander is quickly in the area of the woods ready to fight till he sees..”Ferro!?” He puts his sword away and races over cheaking on the monitor and looks over at Ximena  “What happen?..Whom are you?” He decides the hamster didn't harm him, or least he hops so....but she may of saw something or knows something.

Zolomon enters and gasps “That's the blacksmith..wot bally well happen to him?”He frowns “He needs a healer...but how would we get him anywhere he's..most likely heavy and the abbey isn't that close, or Ferravale...or the base”

Ximena  studies the lizard as she comes forwards “That's...a monitor and you KNOW IT?!” She is silent and then “I am a healer its one reason why I was out, collecting needed herbs for your base, your low and really show keep that sort of thing in stock.” She knows very little on lizards but takes a palse and speaks “Maybe....too much heat so....get him wet and he needs a cool place to rest and some water...small sips to drink.”

Ferro is alive but yes the heat has gotten to him, fairly badly but lucky he can recover, if he is gotten somewhere a lot less hot and soon...very soon.

Xander carefully picks him up  after emptying a water skin on him and his outfit and heads down a path “We are not far from somewhere safe, and a lot less hot ...sort of tunnels and cavern underground somewhat..” He leads them to...a very tall tree with a hidden, very hidden and hard to see doorway, like super hidden but Xander knows the way in and after making sure all is in makes sure its good and shut back all the way. He heads down a passageway and to where he remembered an infirm, or sort of one, was and lays Ferro down” Can you help him?”

Zolomon blinks and “Whoas........it like a large sort of tree house!”

Ximena  looks around in aw..”A tree...Brockhall? But no way...that's just stories I man Martin and Brock..Bella didn't really stay in....a....” Or did they stay in a tree, she then clears her throat “I can try and help him, I have a fair amount of herbs, it is a lot cooler here and..well just need some more water.”

Xander smiles “Welcome to the one and only BrockHall and yes its real”

Zolomon gets a couple cups of water and then  just sits down quietly for now.

Ferro coughs a little but stays passed out, but least he isn't as pale looking now, but he is showing signs of a fever maybe.

Ximena sighs, she can be excited later as right now she has to make sure this monitor is ok and will live. She goes to slowly, yep every 3-4 minutes has a little over a sip in his mouth and rubs his throat slightly so he drinks.”You have more friends like this?”

Xander shakes his head “Not monitors...but some vermin species  are friends, not all...but some like a stoat named Marek....a cat named Blisa and some guards of hers..a wildcat Vojin is head guard of Ferravale in fact, yes some beasts in the village dislike  woodlanders....some just respect us...some leave us alone but most will not harm us, some might yeah but not many and not like in a crowed place.”

“What is going.....”A gasp and lucky she doesn't drop the infant she is carrying”Father!” Its the badger maid Krisha and she has Northstar.

Zolomon quickly gets Northstar and goes to the side. He smiles at the cub “Hey...it's me remember me?”

Ximena  looks confused “Father?”

Ferro moves slightly but is still a bit unconscious.

Xander speaks “He adopted her when she was a newborn....and he is ok Krisha. He will be ok but he may need to stay here least a few hours”

Ximena speaks “Maybe 1-2 days and if he needs to leave it can be during nightfall.”

Krisha sits by her father worried “What happen....” She feels his forehead and gets a cool cloth and places it there, she will even take over giving him sips of water.

Ferro coughs, he has managed to get sips down, once he coughed but so far only once. His fever is not too high and it is slowly lowering now that he is out of the heat.

Northstar coos and reaches for one of Zolomon's ears.

Zolomon manages a soft chuckle and  keeps the cub happy while the others talk.

“Think in the heat outside too long and why...don't know we can ask when he wakes up” Xander says.

Krisha nods and frowns “Ok and yes yes....course staying here is good and thank you for getting him...finding him and helping him.”

Ximena  just nods and sits close by in case she is needed, she glaces around “This is a neat sort of place....so live here or something?”

Xander answers “Sort of a small...vacation here or well time to relax, the place is tended to at times by Redwall Abbey. Right now me...Krisha here my mate, our daughter Northstar...my Uncle Oz and a friar Lacota, he is a squirrel and we have like 3 mice novices here as well.”

Oz hearing a new voice wander in slowly, “Who is here. What is going on?” He is blind but seems to get around fairly well .

Zolomon nods and then answers “Ferro is here, he sort of got a case of too much heat or something” He hands Oz Northstar and nods to Xander “I need to head back to base...see you in a few days” And he is off.

Krisha nods but stays by her passed out father for now as she will not leave his side.

Xander looks over “Hi Uncle Oz...yeah what he said”

Ximena starts to wave and notices Oz is blind “Hello sir I am Ximena , a healer for ..well any beast in need,  I am part of Mossflower Defenders.”

Oz takes Northstar and listens to the talking before he speaks “Well someone best tell Lacota there is 2 new guests for dinner. Trust me he dislikes surprises and...hello Ximena ...” He clears his throat as he heads back to where he was “And dinner is likely soon...I think”

Last edited by oz (2018-05-26 03:02:21 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer