Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-12 04:05:41 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Life stinks, yo (A Redwall Log)

SCENE:  Redwall Abbey: Open Ground

FRIENDS: Leon the Master Healer of the Abbey, a male mouse.  DoraRose, Leon's wife.

LOG:

Leon steps out of the infirm as he starts to walk across the open ground, today hasn't been a busy day at least

DoraRose has been off doing something weaponish.  Dressed in her black tunic and leggings and boots, she has added her mottled green/brown cloak, green mittens, a brown scarf, and a green hat.  She comes up to her husband and goes to give him a hug.  "How's your day goin', love?" 

Leon smiles as he gives her a hug as well, "It's been a good day and yesterday was good as well. The only issue today was someone fell on some ice and bruised their leg, but they are fine and nothing broken..."

DoraRose winces slightly.  "Ouch, that must've hurt.  I'm so glad that we all have you and your staff to take care of us."  She bites her lip.  "Nana is asking a lot of questions about the defenders group; I think she may be considering joining so she can give her book more attention."  She doesn't want any of her family members joining because she doesn't trust Marek at /all/, but what can she do to stop that crotchety old mouse?

Leon nods "Well....I  don't know a lot about them myself. I know Marek is the leader and that they may come to the feast. I know a hare that's in the group.....I guess it would be up to her if she joins or not, as a healer would be good for the group"

DoraRose goes to very gently pretend to punch him on the shoulder.  "And you know me, although I mostly joined to keep an eye on Marek."  She scowls and kicks at a clump of dead grass.  "I heard that he's invited to the Feast.  I'm planning on volunteering to be one of the guards making sure that he stays where he belongs."  She has not forgiven him for everything he did, and she's not planning on doing so, either.  This is one reason she could never join the Order.  "I don't think he should be allowed to ever step foot in this place again, but I guess that's the way of the Order." 

Leon listens, he then speaks "I...am unsure of how I feel, like I told Benar yesterday....Marek never did try and harm me, heck one time he helped me and I did help him once not too long ago"  (Referencing this: http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=25 )

DoraRose arches an eyebrow.  Fortunately for basically everyone, she was asleep when Leon helped Marek, or else she'd be throwing a hissy fit.  Shaking her head, she smiles and goes to rest a paw on her husband's shoulder.  "I trust you to make the best decision, even if I don't agree with you at first."  A passing guard hails her, and she waves back at him.  "Some of the guards seem to be intimidated by me..." she says in a puzzled manner.  Because she kind of has no idea how intimidating she can actually be.

Leon nods " I am a healer and...well he was injured, not badly." He sighs as he does remember, "I will even help Ferravale beasts or any beast on the road"

DoraRose turns back to her husband, smiling.  "You always do what's right.  I believe in you.  I'm the one who seems to always hold grudges."  Crossing her arms, she looks out across the Abbey grounds.  "It's just.....the ways he hurt so many beasts....yet he's been such a kind friend to our Lily....I feel confused and angry so much of the time about him.  I sometimes wish life was easier.  More simple."

Leon nods "He is a friend to Lilymoore and has not ever harmed her, and life sometimes isn't simple."  He frowns "Sometimes there is good days and sometimes bad....and sometimes you're woke up right before sunrise..." the last part sounds a little sad...

"...by a screaming baby?  Remember those days?  I miss when they were small..."  Dora smiles wistfully, then sighs and looks at the ground.  "Yeah.....life is awful some days....but maybe.....maybe if it weren't for the bad days, we wouldn't know when life was going great...."  Another sigh.  She seems a little sad, too.

Leon smiles faintly "I...remember...those days...no Oz had woke me up...not the best morning"

DoraRose looks back at him.  "Oh?  Do you need to talk about it?"  Open communication is one of the keys to a great marriage, don't you know.

Leon sighs "It was when Zee died...course I didn't know that right off...Oz had just knocked and said my name a couple times...and when I got to the door he didn't say anything right away he was just crying, I was told by Sister Ginny what had happen."

DoraRose goes to gently hold her husband's paw.  "I'm sorry.  Yeah, I found Xander out in the woods; I wish I had been able to talk with Zee one last time."  So many sad things in life....

Leon nods "Guess Oz was there when Zee died...let's go for a walk, might help both of us feel better"

Dora agrees.  A walk sounds very good to her, especially since she'd be with her husband and best friend. 

~*END*~

Board footer