Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-03 06:20:01 PM

oz

The Spring Of Peace-Spring Feast Part 1

** This is part one of the feast that happen on May 3nd 2018, there was a lot on so nott posting names of who was on ..just readand enjoy smile ***

Oz had a nap and feels better, maybe not totally rested but more than he would be if he didn't have the nap. For now, least till feast starts, the dibbuns are elsewhere.

Xander walks into the room and looks around, spotting oz he walks over to him "Hey...any idea where Krisha is, she seemed...upset earlier. I didn't ask why and decided to walk outside a little while but I am back now."

Karth is already here"Females are...odd at times, hard to understand."Is all he says quietly from his chair by the fireplace, there is no fire right now as its not really cold the past couple days, least in the daytime.

LilyMoore comes in from outside. She's wearing a cheerful yellow dress and an embroidered orange apron, special for the feast later. "What's hard to understand?" DoraRose comes up from the kitchens, wearing an outfit that matches her daughter's. She's brushing flour off her apron. "We're not odd," she grumbles, glancing at the otter. The sleeves of her dress are loose, and any beast who didn't know her wouldn't be able to tell how muscular she is. They'd just think she's a regular mouse-wife, and not realize how powerful of a Warrior she really is.

Oz frowns slightly, he then speaks to Xander "I am unsure her and Sister Ginny was tending to the dibbuns the past 2-3 hours while I napped as for her being upset, your have to speak to her about that but it has nothing to do with you though"

Xander sighs "Alright..."He smiles a little "You know you should take a longer break than like 2-3 hours...maybe 2-3 day break from the dibbuns?"

Karth glaces over at Dorarose and shrugs"If you say so." He looks around a little and towards the library, "I was in the library a little but decided to wait to look for something as its better to ask beasts first and get info in a library later on a subject I am trying to find out more on"

Tassel is ready for a Redwall feast as she enters and looks excited, she has yet to be at one so that makes it extra exciting to attend one."So when does this starts ya all?"

Still struggling with the flour clinging to her clothes, DoraRose nods. "I do say so." She then looks up and asks brightly, "Oh? What are you trying to learn about? I may know something." LilyMoore skips over to the badgers and goes to give the older one a hug. "Yeah, Papa Oz. You deserve a break." As the newbie enters, she waves, but lets an adult answer her question.

Oz sighs "I can't take a break, not that long of one anyways."

Xander frowns and decides to not ask again, besides he can ask someone else on giving Oz a break as he glaces at Karth"Looking up what and why. Gorvenalus may be able to help...well depends I guess how far back in goes but..."He frowns a little "My...mom did keep things in order and I believe Brother Gorvenalus does as well like in order by seasons and such"

Karth looks around "On something called the Black Rose but now is not the best time to really discuss it. Besides I was not around when this..group was said to be around, twice it seems but seasons apart"

Tassel is curious "A rose? There is a such a thing as a black rose? I think red or pink..even yellow would be much better looking and pretty, Black is just creepy"

Raising an eyebrow, DoraRose walks over and plunks into a chair beside the sea otter. "The Black Rose? I don't believe I've ever heard of that before. I've seen black roses back home in Tuscani, but I've never heard of a group calling themselves by that name. Perhaps after I come back from a little trip to Ferravale after the feast I can help you look in the records." LilyMoore's brow furrows. "Why can't you take a couple days break, Papa Oz? Surely Krisha and Sister Ginny can take care of the Dibbuns, and I know you sometimes have volunteers helping in there, too."

Oz frowns as the Black Rose is mentioned "Yes Karth is correct, this is not the time or place to talk of the Black Rose, another time is....best." His voice hints he knows some of it, he answers Blisa "The dibbuns need me and Krisha and Xander are heading to Ferravale a few days."

Xander will ask later about this Black Rose but frowns "Yeah..we are but we were hoping to have you join us Uncle Oz...a couple days off...please"

Karth simple nods and looks at Tassel as he sighs"Do step back...please"Yes do not get to close to the sea otter.

Tassel frowns "Ok...grump"She smiles "I still like roses of all colors..pink, red, yellow and there is white ones. There is a rose garden in this abbey I SEEN it. This place is full of surprises and today is a feast and that's extra special" Ok she is too excited but she does back up some.

LilyMoore looks between the 2 badgers. "Aw, Papa Oz, I think you should. When's the last time you took a little break to spend time with your family?" DoraRose nods and wisely drops the subject. "Have you ever been to a feast here before?" she calmly asks the 2 otters.

Oz takes a deep breath, it will be hard to get him to take a much needed break "my family is here"Is all he says calmly as he leans back in his chair and waits for the feast to start. Meanwhile Gorvenalus slowly walks into the room to see whom is here and who is not.

Xander nods "Alright."He goes to sit down in another chair that's close by as he glaces around as some more beasts come in and a couple even slip off elsewhere.

Karth says, "This would be my first feast in Redwall Abbey. My Holt had a feast, sort of, of shrimp and fish usually in the fall before winter season hit and during a full moon. It was..interesting" Doesn't sound like he had much fun, then again is he the fun sort of beast even as he rarely smiles or has he even smiled....even once."

Tassel smiles "I have never been to one, neither has Anatole...I wander where he is in fact usually he is like a hare when he hears there is food to be eaten and great food at that"

Smiling, DoraRose says, "Well, you're both in for a treat. I'm hoping to play a song I found in the Abbey records...speaking of which, I'll need to get my mandolin here pretty quick...." Lily sighs. "But....Xander just said they're going back to Ferravale...." she sounds confused -- why wouldn't the badger want to hang out with his family for a few days? Take a break from screaming Dibbuns?

Oz smiles "Music is always nice at a feast, any kind of music"

Xander says, "Music is nice" He says after a short time of being quiet "Feasts also have good food and sometimes beasts do other things like juggling and stuff"

Karth says, "We shall have to see I suppose on what happens and I did hear they name every feast, well name the season that is"

Lacota is in the Kitchen, being busy right now. He likely won't enter the room until the Feast has properly started.

LilyMoore sighs and lets the matter of the Badger Father taking a break drop....for now. Instead, she sits on the floor, criss-cross-applesauce, and says, "Momma's teachin' me how to play the mandolin, and she's learnin' to play the fiddle." DoraRose blushes slightly. "I wasn't ready to tell them that, Sweetheart." "Oh, sorry, Momma," the Bellringer says contritely. The Warrior smiles. "It's okay, just ask next time. Yes, I'm learning the fiddle," she adds quickly, covering up her daughter's mistake. "The chording between the 2 instruments is actually the same, I'm just needing to work on the bowing, is all. If y'all will excuse me, I'm gonna go get my mandolin." She stands and walks out the front door, lovingly ruffling her daughter's ears on the way. Lily smiles and says, "All I'm doing is ringing the bells....which I guess is important..."

Karth excuses himself and heads to the entry.Maybe he isnt as intrestd in the feast today, oh well.

Marek walks into the great hall calmly, he appears to be in his normal stoic mood but two things are vastly different about Marek. Firstly, he is dressed slightly more officially wearing the dark blue and black robe of the Ferravale Ambassador over his normal plain clothing and secondly he has replaced the stub of his right paw with a small bronze brace which appears to have some sort of slot at the end. He sits down quietly at the table and pulls out what appears to be a portfolio with the Feravale Seal on it. Clearly Marek has official business, but he says nothing at the moment as he is very tired from his journey.

No matter how official the stoat's business may be, his entrance has been noted by one mouse maid, and she is ecstatic! "MAREK!" LilyMoore hops up, runs over to him, and goes to give him a powerful tackle hug. Good thing he's sitting down. "Oh my goodness, I'm so happy you're here!" His business obviously can wait until later. OBVIOUSLY.

The stoat's arrival may be cause for celebration to a certain mouse maid, but there is one beast in Redwall who resolutely refuses to forgive and forget. And here he is. Lacota steps out of the kitchen, in the midst of chastising a younger novice, when he catches sight of Marek. Hmmph. And here the squirrel was hoping to have a good day.

Marek braces himself for impact as Lilymoore hugs him, luckily for the ambassador his official documents have been left untouched as the feast has not begun yet. "Yes, hello child. It is good to see you. It will be good to catch up after our less than orthodox meeting a few nights ago". He somewhat notices Lacota's glare but chooses to ignore it. "Has anybeast seen Mr. Benar? I have news from Ferravale that Ms. Blisa wishes me to pass on and this seems as good a time as any to do so"

Benar comes down the stairs, shaking out his vestments and settling them over his shoulder, the purple fabric embroidered with the Abbey Belltower settling in nicely. He pauses on the bottom stop and stares, "Marek... good evening," He says coldly, lifting his habit to step down onto the floor of the Great Hall, he inclines his head and moves past to talk to the Friar and see if everything is ready for the feast, "Lacota, how are we looking?"

LilyMoore ignores the fact that the stoat had to brace for impact. He should expect it from her by now. "Hia! Yeah, maybe we can hang out during the feast. That'd be awesome!" She waves happily to the Friar, ignoring his glare. She understands more of the Ferravale Ambassador's backstory now than she did a few seasons ago, so she won't address it. The adults can figure it all out. She waves at the Abbot, then claps a paw to her forehead when she sees his vestments thing. "Oh! Is it nearly time already? I'll head out to the Belltower now, just gimme the signal when it's time! See ya later!" she goes to give the stoat another hug, then dashes out of the room, nearly knocking her mother over in the process. "Hi Momma!" DoraRose murmurs a reply, then, smiling and shaking her head, enters the room and makes her way over to the fireplace. "Good day, Marek, Benar, Lacota." She holds up her mandolin. "I found a song in the Abbey records I'd like to play sometime during the feast, if that's alright," she holds up her mandolin. "I found a song in the Abbey records I'd like to play sometime during the feast, if that's alright," she informs the Abbot.

Lacota inclines his head toward the Abbot. "Looking good, Benar. Everything is ready, just say the word." He continues to eye Marek, but says nothing further for now.

Gorvenalus comes from the library and smiles as he is just in time for the feast and finds chair to sit in.

Marek notices Benar's arrival and nods a respectful greeting. "Good day, Mr. Benar. You have actually arrived at a good time, Ms. Blisa wanted me to bring these recordings from Ferravale for the Abbey Library as well as the news that our Belltower is soon to be christened" he clears his throat. "It will take some time before the tower proper is finished, but the bell should be in place within a tenday. The Defenders are also doing well, the base repairs are long since finished and their numbers are higher than ever before, Mr. Xander is doing an excellent job. We also received news from our Southern Neighbors that..." Marek continues for a few minutes but most of what he says is boring political and social updates that have little value to the average beast, just a few things that it is important for the leader of the Abbey to know and to be recorded. ".... to conclude, our harvest is yielding great results this spring and a supply caravan should be bringing in the fresh produce of the season to the Abbey and southward within a tenday as well". He hands the sealed portfolio to Benar and proceeds to sit back down, patiently waiting for the feast.

Benar takes the documents off Marek and inclines his head, "I wasn't aware you where building a bell tower, congratulations, they are a beautiful symbol of peace and prosperity and also a useful warning. Tell Blisa we should discuss warning symbols at some point, I do not want us to confuse the residents of Mossflower with conflicting bell sounds if danger approaches." He vanishes the documents up a sleeve with adept ease and then moves toward his chair at the table, he waves a hand and has a brief word with a Novice and a moment later the bells start to ring as Benar settles down in his chair, "Ok I think we are about ready Lacota, I'll give it a moment for the bells to summon everyone in then open."

DoraRose smiles and goes to take a seat, holding her mandolin close. She'll just offer her song when the time seems right. From upstairs comes Angela, wearing her regular clothes (although her staff has been adorned with flowers) and looking grumpy. Looks like the other Healers are forcing her to attend the feast this time. She usually lets them all come down while she serves what few patients are in the Infirmary, but family time has been enforced upon her today.

Zarok and Terfil come walking sedately (albeit hurriedly) from wherever they had been, dressed in clean Novice robes. After going to give the Abbot a quick hug, they make their way and sit by the Warrior mouse. They'll get lots of food and stuff and enjoy the feast (although the newt does fall asleep halfway through), and the monitor lizard will help clean up afterwards.

As Angela sits beside her granddaughter, Blisa comes walking sedately in, wearing a floor-length black dress. It has no sleeves, and so clearly shows off the adder tattoo that adorns her left paw and arm. She has on her wide belt whose buckle is engraved with the insignia of the Ferravale Chieftain. Spying the Abbot, she walks over and bows slightly. "Good day, Benar. It's been a few seasons since I was able to come for a feast."

Ferdinand and the rest of the bodyguards enter and find seats near the Gatekeeper's table. As the mouse makes sure to save a seat for the Ferravale Ambassador and for the Abbey Bellringer, the bodyguards settle down, proving that vermin can be polite and orderly. (Although the rat Clarissa looks distinctly uncomfortable, and keeps touching where her bandoleers usually are. They all obeyed the no-weapons rule, and the rat seems to dislike it the most.

After the crowd entering the Great Hall has settled down, LilyMoore comes slipping into the room, smoothing down the skirt of the yellow dress that she's wearing. It matches her mother's, as does the orange apron she's wearing. She slides into the seat that was saved for her, and looks to make sure Marek is sitting beside her.

Lacota nods at Benar, and slips back into the kitchen. He reprimands another novice who put way too much cilantro into a stew.

Marek notices the arrival of a throng of beasts and turns towards Blisa. "Ah, Ms. Blisa. I was not expecting your arrival, I just spoke to Mr. Benar about the bell tower and a few other important matters. It is good to see you, I know we can trust Mr. Nightbreath to run things smoothly, but I was still not expecting you to come so far"

Benar inclines his head to Blisa, "Thank you for joining us Blisa, I was hoping we could take care of the peace treaty documentation here at the feast. But for now I must start things," Standing up he raises a hand and smiles warmly down at everyone, waiting for silence, "Good day my friends, guests, family and loved ones, I thank you all for joining us today to celebrate Spring. We celebrate late this year to give thanks to the first harvest of the year, for every aspect of Spring is important and so I welcome you all to this Feast of the Spring of Peace."

Smiling, Blisa steps to the side slightly as the Abbot stands. Turning to the stoat, she whispers, "Oh...I'm sorry,I thought you knew. I've been here for a week doing some research about something. And it's been /ages/ since I've been able to make it to a feast." She glances around. "You go sit by DoraRose. I'll sit in a minute." She opens her ever-present art bag and checks for something. LilyMoore waves slightly, gesturing to the stoat to join her in the empty seat next to her.

Oz is..late? He did leave but seems there was a problem with a couple troubling dibbuns and now he is late...and grumpy as he walks into the room and just points to where he knows the dibbuns sit, and yes the rest are with Sister Ginny and then the badger sits down in his chair and sighs.

Lacota steps quietly into the Great Hall again, and listens to Benar's speech. He nods his head silently in agreement.

Marek listens quietly to  the abbot's  speech and folds his paws in preparation for the prayer.

Misu makes her way inside the great hall and looks at the crowd. She calmly finds a chair and sits down in it.

Benar leads the prayer for a moment longer and then lowers his hands, "Now before I open the feast for you all to eat," he gives a stern look to a novice about to help themselves, "We have one very important thing to do and I want you all to be our witnesses, Blisa if you have it."

LilyMoore watches quietly as Blisa pulls out a piece of paper. She spreads it out on the table and says so all can hear, "This is the peace treaty between Redwall and Ferravale. We have one in Ferravale, and this is merely another copy of it. But I would like for the Abbey to have its own copy." She pulls out a box and an ink pot. Uncorking the ink pot, she removes a quill from the box, dips its tip in the ink, and signs the document. Offering the quill to the Abbot, she smiles. "Do you agree to the treaty, Benar?"

Last edited by oz (2018-05-03 06:32:12 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#2 2018-05-05 12:49:57 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Board footer