Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-26 06:23:21 PM

oz

The Wild Cake Ride!- Dibbun Log

**Right after this log
http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=662

Who in the Log:

Oz-Papa Oz, Badger Mother

Zolomon-Archer in Mossflower Defenders

Lacota-Friar of Redwall Abbey

Kenya- Dibbun Sea Otter

Madison- Visiting squirrel maid

Thomas-Blind mouse , A story teller come to Visit the abbey

various spoofed beasts

RW Abbey: Pond
-------------------------------------------------------------------
The Abbey pond is practically the place to go for relaxation.  The orchards that settle onto one side of the water hole provide decent shade for the more heated months to come.  Various types of wild flowers grow about the edge of the ground that lightly overhangs into the pond.  The pond seemingly invites one into its cool depths, which holds its fish life and multiple species of shrimp and other water dwellers.

The homely pond provides an oasis of relaxation amid the busy bustle of activity that almost always surrounds Redwall Abbey, especially in the warmer summer months when fruit and crops are to be tended to.  A cool atmosphere, added to by the pond, wafts out around the pond area and onto the grass.  The orchards simply extend that cool, providing shade and solace for those who wish to relax a little further from the sport that is usually taking place around the oh-so-popular pond.

A lush lawn, studiously kept, surrounds the pond, all the way up to the orchard edge, even entering the orchard - though tentatively.  Rushes grow in most of the shallower places on the pond's edge, but the clear water prevails, and in most places, only a bit of a muddy bank is visible and no water reeds find hospitality there.  Bugs of all types flit about the surface of the water, testing fate of those who lurk below.  Sometimes a shadow can be seen skulking about the rocks at the bottom of the clear pond, but it could very well merely be a trick of the potent summer sun.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Thomas remains seated on his log as Blisa and her friend leave. At length, he says, toward Madison, "Your voice is unfamiliar. I don't believe we've met."

Madison has rather a smirk at the awkward pause and departure of the ferret. She seems amused, if anything. "Mm. Yes. I've been away for a while." Pause. "Madison." she introduces herself.

Oz just half listens to the going ons around him as he is close to falling asleep under the tree he is beside, and a dibbun is already asleep in his lap.

Thomas nods his head. "I am Thomas, or Thom. A pleasure to meet you. You formerly resided here?"

Madison shrugs some, not that that helps with communication. "I did. Probably best if you don't ask too many questions, though. I don't remember a whole lot." heh.

Oz might know the squirrel is she was in the abbey often but right now he has fallen asleep, yep he could do with a day off as the nap wont last and he will be woke up here in maybe half an hour.

Thomas ahs. "I see. Well, welcome back, at any rate."

Kenya is bored, as if almost trashing the book binding room was not enough, now she has talked a couple dibbuns into..stealing cake that is on one of those pull cart things. She had plans to, sort of share it as its lucky not a ...too large of a cake, with the two other dibbuns, an otter and a hare, that helped her. She pulls it along and almost loses her grip as the stupid ground here tilts a little.

Oz is still asleep, till he is woken up by a dibbun mouse tapping his arm, he opens his eyes and rubs them "What...." He sits up and slowly stands as he frowns , did he fall asleep."They got cake...." He is still shaking off sleep and then "Who has cake?"

Thomas perks up. "I say, did I hear cake mentioned?"

Kenya goes to pull and snorts as she climbs on top of the cart, and that is what causes it to break free of the rock that held it in place and the hare and otter dibbun back off and just let poor Kenya get a free wild ride with the cake as she screams and it heads straight towards Oz! Least it will miss the others...cake anyone?

Oz frowns as he hears the scream and the dibbun mouse eeeks as the cart, otter and cake will surely hurt him if it wasn't for Oz scooping up the dibbun and managing to barely keep him away from the main bit of the crash as it does hit Oz and sends him tumbling into the pond, the cake...it gets all over the badger, the mouse, maybe who ever else is nearby. Oz can swim as he at first sinks and then resurfaces, the mouse dibbun clinging onto his back now wailing loudly!Oz coughs and gets to shore, with a little extra help from a nearby Camp Willow otter that is visiting and after getting the mouse dibbun off his back just sort of lays on his side coughing a couple times.

"Someone get a healer" A nearby voice is heard.

Thomas stays sedately seated as the cart and every beast crashes into the pond right in front of him. "My word, what's going on?"

Kenya is an otter so she can swim, she takes a little longer to resurface and frowns, she seems to want to sink back into the pond and then decides to check on the badger "Papa Oz...are you deaded?" Yeah she is worried as she frowns and sees the cake, well cake is clearly dead, the hare and other otter dibbun bolt! The cart sort of bobs up and down in the pond as she gulps.

He can  be heard coming from a mile away, some say. Lacota arrives on the scene, glowering at Kenya. He moves to grab her by the scruff of her neck once he gets close enough. "Right, you. You've got some explaining to do..."

Oz groans, he is alive but his shoulder is sore now as he frowns not speaking yet as he is still recovering a little bit. A few other beasts nearby gasp.

Kenya tries to escape the friar as she wiggles. "Let go of me!!" She frowns "Tony and Phill helped too.....yell at the toos!!" She finally gives up and just looks at the friar and frowns "We just gonna takes the cake to the orchards...but the cake ran away"

Thomas frowns. "Are you alright, Mr. Oz?"

Lacota keeps a firm grip. "Oh, it ran away, did it? You're the mastermind of this little escapade. You could've killed Oz, child. Do you understand how serious that is?"

Lacota might be exaggerating, but he wants to scare the otter dibbun straight.

Oz sits up just to be pushed gently down by Brother  Rafael  "Easy Oz...." The badger allows the Master Healer to check him over, he isn't allowed to sit up before he gets checked over. The mouse dibbun is unhurt, scared maybe but unhurt as he sniffs and curls up close by. Oz speaks "I....will be fine..."Its clear there is some pain.

Kenya feels tears well up as she sniffs "I didn't mean toooooo...I sorry" And a sort of sob escapes her. She has a couple small scrapes from the cart, she glaces over at the badger, the cart and then the friar as she frowns again. This is major, "I nevers try take cake again....."

Lacota softens some, after a few moments. "I think Oz is fine, though." Seeing Kenya start to cry, he says, "Shh, shh. He'll live. Just... If you want cake next time, ask an adult, first. You never know, we might even say yes."

Oz gets the ok to sit up as he holds his shoulder. He may go to the infirm just to be safe and the dibbun will likely get a lecture later.

Kenya sniffs "Cake is evil.."She frowns rubs her eyes and hic ups. Meanwhile the hare and the other otter dibbun was caught finally and made to go forwards and mutter a sorry as well. The sea otter rubs her eyes again and looks at the ground.

Lacota says, "To make up for it, you can help me wash some dishes later. Where are your parents, Kenya?"

Oz is helped to the infirm and coughs a little bit more. Sister Ginny comes to get the two dibbuns that was with Kenya, they will help sweep a classroom and the mouse dibbun stays by a novice for now.

Kenya frowns as her parents are mentioned "I...I don't know...they..."She looks ready to cry some more " Mama said to run and...I did and her and daddy disappeared. The hedgehog and hare got me here but mama and Dada hasn't come back yet."

Thomas offers to assist Oz in standing up if he can.

Oz does take any offered help when he stands, he is gone towards the infirm by the time the otter dibbun Kenya tells of her parents. The dibbun mouse yawns and falls asleep beside a novice who will watch him.

Lacota frowns. He understands Kenya's story more than he'd care to admit. "I see... I'm sorry to hear that."

Kenya says, "But they will come back...your see and the bad cat and weasels wont stop them...will they?""

Zolomon comes towards the pond about this time. He frowns "Wot happen ta Ozzy....."He sees the destroyed cake remains, the cart and his ears droop "Who would do that to innocent cake?!" He also catches the last few words of Kenya as he walks over..."Your that dibbun Ace and me got to the abbey...and Ace went looking but...." He frowns as the hedgehog is now missing.

Kenya looks at the hare and nods slowly. "He find them?" She is hopeful.

Zolomon ears stay drooped, He is unsure how to answer her, its a dibbun he rather not make a dibbun cry."I...don't know...he...he was supposed captured, he could be with them maybe but don't worry Xandy and the other Mossflower Defenders are lookin' fer them"

Kenya frowns, the hare fails as she wails and starts crying again, this has been a bad afternoon so far.

Lacota frowns, unsure what to say. After all, his own parents never came back. "Listen, they love you, right? I'm sure they'll do everything in their power to get back to you, Lass."

The hare frowns "I'm....sorry" He hates this, he does "I can...well keep someone updated...I bet Ace will help them...."

Kenya frowns as she sits down, she looks at the scraps on her paw and knees from the cart crashing. She rubs her eyes and looks ready to fall asleep and likely soon will.

The hare steps closer "I...should I take her to the dibbun's room?"

Lacota sighs, and moves to pick up the otter dibbun, lest she just fall asleep on the ground. He's supposed to dislike dibbuns. "I'll see about getting her to Sister Violet, perhaps."

Kenya whimpers a little but she doesn't seem to care whom picks her up as she falls asleep.

The hare nods "Alright Friar L...." He looks around on where to go next then decides to find Xander and make a report. The dibbun may know something important after all

Last edited by oz (2018-04-27 05:36:10 AM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer