Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-16 03:03:25 PM

Karth Riverbark

Being Out Of Hot Root Is Not A Crisis- Redwalll Log

Whom:

Karth Riverbark-Me-Archer in Mossflower Defenders

Brother Gorvenalus- Recorder of Redwall Abbey

Abbot Benar- Abbot of Redwall Abbot

~~~LOG~~~~~

RW Abbey: Library
--------------------------------------------------------------------
The library has never looked better in seasons as shelves have been
repaired and so have tables and chairs. The once empty sleeves now
have more books in them and not only that the books are in an ABC
order and arranged by subject  to better find what one is looking for.
The beautifully crafted windows are well cleaned.

This gives the library plenty of light during the daylight hours. The
room has a high vaulted ceiling. The flagstones of the floor are cool
and smooth, and echoes are sometimes heard when beasts walk. Brass
lamps containing short, fat little white candles provide enough light
for reading. Some books are still being mended but being working on
getting on the shelves. The backroom is even very clean and organized
as well. Books were found in the attic and some from Ferravale were
added that the Ferravale beast had maybe two copies of something so
gave Redwall one of the copies for the Redwall library, all in all a
lot of hard work has done wonders for the library.

On an Oakwood desk is the charter laying inside a clear glass case for
all to see. The glass case keeps it safe and clean. Some other chairs
large and small, wooden and soft, have been placed in varies places
in the library and a pile of covers and blankets sit in one corner
with a few pillows as well.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Gorvenalus has been busy in the library, then he was away a little while. He and others been back maybe a week as he puts away a book he recently fixed and then goes to sit in a chair to open a journal he has. He smiles slightly at some entry there.

Benar pushes open the door to the library and walks in. The abbot has mostly been busy with Spring planting, preparing the orchard and other such every day items of life in the abbey that tend to take up his time. "Gorvenalus, there you are," He shuts the door and walks toward the beaver, "I've been meaning to drop in and say hello but I've been a bit busy."

Gorvenalus looks up and smiles as he closes the journal and smiles "Hello Benar, it is good to see you I was just doing Spring Cleaning. Sorry for being away I had told a novice to let you know I would be away but I am back now. A bit of a..trip, at first to find something lost" He smiles "Only to be greeted with something much better"

Benar folds his arms into his robes, "Yes... I finally got told but not by any Novice i am afraid. Still welcome home."

Karth has been moody the past couple days, he finds the abbot and Gorvenalus talking and steps towards them, he clears his throat and waits, "Sir?"

Gorvenalus frowns "Well they should of told you but no fear, no danger happen on the trip. In fact what I thought should of been ruins....was far from ruins, yes only 15 out of..."He frowns "Many....but there were survivors in my old home of Willowbark and they were in the process of rebuilding. They are doing very well for what all happen there...I was offered a chance to say but...my home is here, at Redwall abbey as Recorder." He nods a hello to Karth"Greetings Karth...how are you?"

Benar drums his fingers, "I would still rather be told, in person, if the Recorder and half the Abbey's defense forces are going to trot off across the country for weeks at a time Gorvenalus. I had no idea where anyone had gone and was worried sick... it was... irresponsible of beasts not to tell me in person. Messages go astray, or don't get delivered... anyway," He smiles, "No harm done and I am very glad for the good news that Willowbark is rising once again from the ashes." He then looks at the otter and smiles. "Hello there how can I help?"

Karth shrugs "Maybe...your abbey is still in crisis..." Wait..what now?.."Your out of hot root still and have been a week." Well to him this IS a crisis. He frowns "We need to fix it soon." He would go off himself yes but there is the broken toe, his own fault of course.

Gorvenalus nods, "I can update you on more details later but yes all is safe and no dangers happen which is good....all...well almost all is back, Minsc did stay as well as Flea, then Minsc was thier knight..sort of like the champion here. Also Flametail and Varsha call Willowbark home now. They are safe no worries as  all is well" He glaces at Karth, oh yes the hot root he has heard of it being a bit...well needed.

Benar inclines his head to Gorvenalus and smiles, "I am just glad everyone is home. But do need to have a talk with the Defenders. It just... isn't on for those who are meant to be helping guard the abbey to just run off because there is a whiff of adventure." He then turns to stare at Karth, "Yes I am aware we are out of hot root, there is a hot root patch in the herb garden. Once it finishes growing the late spring crop will be harvested. But I am not sending an expedition or spending Abbey funds on buying Hot root Karth."

Karth tenses up a little, then relaxes a little "But...sir.."He snorts a little defeated and nods "Yes sir...it can wait." As Mossflower Defenders is mentioned he is curious as he speaks "Not all of the Defenders left sir...just 2-3..with a couple other beasts from Ferravale area"

Gorvenalus decides to offer an idea "Perhaps....me or another can get a very small amount of hot root or perhaps the Tavern in Ferravale has some, or...The Defenders Base even, Chestnut would know for the base though as he is the cook there"

Benar looks at Gorvenalus, "I am still of two minds about the Defenders... they call themselves Defenders but they seem... intent on seeking out trouble and adventure and it worries me. All those young beasts rushing hither and then seeking out trouble... " He leans back in his chair, "And sorry Karth, but the fact we are out of hot root is just a fact of life. We can only use the vegetables and spices we can grow. The spice market is a long way for me to send members of the order for just one spice."

Karth grumbles, "Not that trouble is or was around...." He is trying yes to stay calm, but its sometimes hard when the otter is in one of his moods. He finally nods as this is the abbot and he can

Gorvenalus watches the otter and sighs, he focuses on Benar and offers a smile "It is ok my friend, relax. Maybe a meeting with Xander in your office one day, he is leader after all."He nods to Karth "Yes no trouble was around and that is good, but there could of been is all Benar was saying and Hot root can wait, it will be ready soon no worries"

Benar leans back in his chair and frowns, "Xander should know better... still no one in the order has asked to join the Defenders so I am content with that. Their purpose really doesn't mesh with the Abbey Charter now let's talk about Hot Root." The abbot looks at Karth and pulls his glasses down, "There is one thing that may help, my secret, super emergency hot root supply. I've put it someplace no one can get to. If there where any nice otters around I may be inclined to get it out of storage but it won't be easy and I'll need someone to help, someone not afraid of heights."

Karth snorts "Can wait?!" He stands only to tumble backwards again into the soft chair. He takes a deep breath and mutters, he then looks at Benar, most likely not the best beast to lose his temper in front of as he waits to speak, he listens which helps calm him as he then speaks "Hidden?" He is curious "But how much?...I mean could always limit it....to just me....or a limited few till this other hot root in the abbey finishes growing all the way"

Gorvenalus starts to ask the otter to calm down, but sees at least he is trying and for now is silent, he smiles "It is said good things come to those whom wait correct?"

Benar raises a brow at Karth's not so subtle suggestion that he should be the only one to be given hot root, "Now Karth, this is Redwall Abbey, we share all here. If I do open my special supply then it needs to be shared with everyone."

Karth drums his fingers on the chair and then speaks "Alright....and..I suppose I could help replace it afterwards, in case of any other cases such as this"

Gorvenalus smiles "Sharing is good after all Karth"

Benar asks, "Well Gorvenalus, Karth, do you wish to accompany me to my secret spice store?"

Karth nods after a short while "Yes...I will help you, it is a good mission to do and help with to solve this crisis"

Gorvenalus chuckles a little, least its a crisis of hot root and not vermin.

Benar stands up and shakes out his habit, "But let me make this clear Karth, if you ever run in on me again declaring the Abbey is in crisis over hot root... I'll send you to the kitchens to work in the scullery for Lacota for a season."

Karth blinks as he looks at the abbot as if trying to figure out if he is joking or not. He chooses to be wise and nods in understanding.

Gorvenalus just stays off to he side quietly, he waits to see where they go and what happens.

=== They go to the Attic, and Rafters...and...well...yeah it's..different!!====

Benar leads the way out of the library and up to the very top of the main building. He pulls open the door to the attack and leads the duo up into the gloomy expanse of the attic, "Well here we are, the start of this journey," He grins at his friends, "you sure you want to continue with me to the secret spice?"

Karth looks around "Its the attic it seems...and it seems rarely a beast even goes into this place."

Gorvenalus coughs a little, "It could use some dusting, maybe a spring cleaning job for friends."He half jokes here, "But some hot root would be nice for those who like it and to have it replaced afterwards is also a nice thing to do I do believe"

Benar leads the way out through the gap, stepping into the light and then steps sideways gently and confidently across the ledge to let you two move out onto the upper ledge. You can see down across the hall, bathed in light as it is, "Here we are, the second step on the way up"

Karth is careful here, least its only his toe that's broken, but he is still careful and the toe is healing good so he is fine."Ok...interesting"

Gorvenalus moves very carefully as well, he nods in agreement "Well it is for sure...safe here"

Benar chuckles softly, "It is indeed safe, especially considering it is up there," He points up toward the rafters, "Now I suggest you two stay down here whilst I climb up"

Karth glaces up and nods "I..trust your skilled for this where I would not be."

Gorvenalus hmmms "A most interesting place to keep something and he is a squirrel so he most likely will be fine and of smaller size as well"

Benar scampers off up the wall, the squirrel moving swiftly, yet carefully, climbing his way upwards out of sight. He is gone for about five minutes before he returns with a large pouch hanging around his neck.

Karth watches the abbot and seems impressed with the skill "He would make a good Defender with this skill"

Gorvenalus smiles "Maybe but the group is not for all Karth. Maybe he can help with advice as I will at times"

Karth sighs and nods,"I..suppose...I do wish Flea was still around but he choose to stay there in Willowbark."

Benar folds his arms into his sleeves "I also have very good hearing, I am the Abbot of Redwall Abbey, I am not and never will be a Defender. I gave up my bow and turned my sword into tools for the Kiln when I joined the order. I swore on the Charter to uphold it, to live by it and to follow it all my days. The charter of the Order of Redwall and the Defenders creed to not match." He frowns at Gorvenalus, "I'm also not entirely sure it is suitable for our recorder to be a member, or our gatekeeper but as long as it does not interfere with peoples duties I don't interfere."

Gorvenalus smiles"He will be fine in Willowbark..Trifakus will keep an eye on him. Which reminds me....a possible trading or treaty with Willowbark to be friends of Redwall and more friends is always nice to have". He nods to Benar "I am not a member, but I am a friend to the Defenders and have helped with advice a couple times. I am not a fighter, never have been. And my duties will always be to my Recorder job here not to worry Abbot Benar"

Karth frowns, great he was overheard as he nods "Understandable.....but you do have very good skills and speed...and bravery to do what you just did, very few would do such a task...so high up and narrowness of some areas as well."

Benar places a hand on Gorvenalus' arm, "I am glad to hear it," He looks at Karth, "Sorry to sound so defensive, but the first time the defenders. The beast who lay siege to the abbey and killed numerous beasts was leading it. I barely permit Marek inside the Abbey at feast time so I am afraid it still has a pall of distrust in my mind." He then looks up and smiles, "And pffft this is nothing to a squirrel, why I could think of ooooh at least six other squirrels who'd climb up there."

Gorvenalus nods "I only know of what I have read on Marek, spoke to him a couple times in Ferravale"

Karth nods "True...and trees, though I know of a tree climbing badger...but he would not...would not be wise for him to try this I don't think"

Benar chuckles and holds up the leather pouch, "Now here, is the last of my hot root supply. The good stuff, a gift from the Skipper of Camp Willow last time they where visiting," He grins, "I think I could bring myself to donate it so there is Hot root Soup for dinner tonight"

Gorvenalus smiles "Hot root is ok at times, those who like it will surely welcome it and more can most likely be gotten before the Spring feast so there is plenty as well as....a new supply for you Benar."

Karth nods "I will make it my mission to not tell where your hidden supply was and I can make sure your special supply is...replaced, that or invite skipper to the upcoming feast"

Benar chuckles softly and moves back toward the gap in the wall, "That is ok Karth, even if someone manages to get up there ,they'll have a hard time finding exactly where I keep things. But I appreciate it being replaced. Now then shall we get down from here?"

Gorvenalus nods "That is wise as staying up here all day is not best."

Karth nods "Down is good yes and...I am sorry for losing my temper earlier...sir abbot. My temper does get the best of me...even my leader at times....is annoyed at me"

Benar moves back through the gap into the attic and pauses there, waiting for the others to move in too, "As for the Spring Feast I have set a date."

Gorvenalus nods "I can have it written down, I have also managed to catch up on anything missed from my trip, as well as some notes written down from my trip...the logs are up to date"

Karth slowly follows them down and nods " Feasts here are always nice and sometimes many come"

Benar says, "Next Thursday, the 26th is the date I think I picked, if the weather holds nice we might even put a pavilion up outside in on the lawn""

Gorvenalus says, "The weather is slowly getting warmer, there was a storm a week ago but those are not....well too often anyways."

Karth says, "Thunderstorms are a part of spring at times...sadly"

Benar says, "You've not been in Mossflower for long," He chuckles, "Mossflower is famous for its thunderstorms""

Gorvenalus says, "Well as long as one is not caught in one, storms do bring the rain for crops and things to grow after all""

Karth says, "I am fine in a storm....I helped a boat in a storm and wind too."

Benar says, "You should try a storm at the top of the bell tower sometime, or Floret castle.""

Gorvenalus says, "I never heard of Florest Castle before, hmmms I will need to look it up and learn of it"

Karth shrugs "Maybe but I would advise not to be in the bell tower during a real bad storm. That and it could be loud if the wind is bad"

Benar says, "Oh you should try standing on the roof, clinging to the cornice, wind and rain blowing through your fur it is a fantastic experience.""

Gorvenalus frowns but says nothing, "There was storms at Willowbark......but not real bad ones too often, it was more of an island than a large area of land"

Karth says, "sounds interesting but not something I would see me facing...we should get the hot root to where it can be added to Hot root stew or...well some of it anyways, so that it can last""

Benar laughs warmly and starts for the stairs, "Well then down we go, time to get this spice to the Friar and see what he can do for it."

Gorvenalus smiles "Friar Lacota is very good with cooking I am sure he can make some very good Hot root stew or soup"

Karth smiles with the idea, yes he has missed Hot root but he will wait, best he can he will wait

Benar heads down the stairs toward the kitchens, leading the way down

Gorvenalus smiles as he follows to the kitchens, stopping once to speak to a novice.

Karth will help make sure the hot root makes it safe to the kitchens, he makes his mission to make sure  the friar knows the is Hot Root...yes to share not just for a certain otter, he will wait...hopefully not to long...for a bowl of delicious Hot Root Stew and he is extra nice, even offering to sweep while its made, to help place table setting for the WHOLE CAVERN HOLE....yes extra nice so he can get that very...first...delicious...bowl of HOT ROOT STEW!!!!!! And he will enjoy and savor every single bite!!!!

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

Board footer