Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-12 06:30:37 PM

oz

In The Library...Again-Redwall Abbey Log

Gorvenalus is in the library again, reshelfing some books that were left out and fixing one shelf that had a couple misplaced books.

LilyMoore comes wandering into the library, looking despondent and lost in thought. She walks right past the Recorder and flops into a chair, staring at the wall.

Gorvenalus looks over at the mouse maid as he speaks "Are you ok? Talking helps sometimes and I do sometimes have good advice" He then finishes placing a couple books and goes to clean off a table while he hums softly.

LilyMoore jumps slightly and looks at her friend. "Oh! Oh. Hi, Gorvenalus. I'm....well, no, I'm not okay. I.....I really miss my Daddy," she manages to say as tears threaten to choke out her words. "I.....I bought him a present on the trip to Willowbark, and now...." She can't continue. Her lip trembles, then she buries her face in her arms.

Gorvenalus walks over as he nods "I know, but we did not know such news till we got back, no one knows what will happen in life and what will not. Such as Willowbark...I thought it was ruins, but it wasn't...beasts lived there, I got to see my Grandmother, even if she did pass on to the dark forest before we left and Minsc is once more with his son"

LilyMoore sniffles. "But why? My brother and sister-in-law left to join a circus, and now my Daddy is dead. Why......I don't understand." She's looking for answers, but doesn't need them. She is actually looking for someone who will just listen and understand.

Gorvenalus says, "I am not sure. I asked myself why when my former abbey was destroyed and why would a beast I trusted...suddenly bring death and destruction and plan to poison me...and why keep me in a locked cell for so long." He sits down "I don't always understand and sometimes I don't always response well, like when I ran off at the beginning of the meeting in Willowbark, I guess..I guess I didn't want to seem weak in front of them but I felt weak and helpless. I sometimes think what if I didn't turn around that day to see who may need help...the day Quade took me and Minsc captive""

LilyMoore goes to hug the beaver as she cries. "I wish bad things didn't happen!" She listens to him, but can't say anything more because she's crying too hard. When he finishes, she manages to choke out, "We never would've met and become friends?"

Gorvenalus will hug her, if allowed to. He listens "It is true....we may never of meet and Quade may of done the same to your abbey as he did mine"

LilyMoore lets him hugs her, and her sobbing quiets down as his embrace comforts her. She shakes her head. "No....Redwall will never fall. Not even Marek was able to rule here for very long. Redwall will always stand." That's what the Abbey dwellers teach their young ones, after all.

Gorvenalus nods "I did hear of Marek...being not like he is now, beasts can change...sadly Quade never did change

LilyMoore nods. "Marek is good now....I wish more beasts would see that. He's a good friend. Just like you." She looks up into the beaver's face, wiping tears from her cheeks. "You cared about Quade, didn't you?"

Gorvenalus sighs as he nodded "He...well thought he was a friend and I did try to change him, he didn't listen. We talked many times in the cell, then he caught Benar...and I feared the worse...things could of gone a different way."

LilyMoore nods. "I know....I remember. It was so scary." She looks to the floor and goes to rest her head on his shoulder. "I don't talk much about that time. Only to Mom and Nana and Uncle Emyuil....and Dad. And then only sometimes." She shivers. "I'm glad he was stopped. I'm sorry he never changed. That must be hard."

Gorvenalus nods as he listens "Some beasts...they do not change but that is the past and this is the now. Things will get brighter you will see."

LilyMoore thinks for a few minutes. "Yeah....I hope you're right. I just wish my Daddy hadn't died." She goes to hug him a little more tightly. "Momma doesn't know that I've been awake, but she sometimes sits up in the night, holding his surcoat close and crying."

Gorvenalus frowns, "After the death of a close loved one...it can be hard to have a normal life....hmmmms" He walks over to a shelf and looks around, it's not clear what he is looking for but clearly something.

LilyMoore lets him stand up and just watches him with a raised eyebrow. She has no idea, and this is the first family member she's ever had die. At least she's not hiding from everyone like she did after Lorimis died. Meeting Marek is what brought her out of that despondency. And now she's trying to take his advice from a week ago to seek out friends and family and comfort, even though all her instincts are telling her to run away again.

Gorvenalus looks over "I was looking for an old log, but then again speaking with the beast is best. Maybe Oz could help Dorarose....he did lose a mate before he came here. I myself never had a mate and know not of anyone else, that is around, that has lost a mate...lost a parent..yes"

LilyMoore blinks. "Oh, yeah. She could talk to Oz. I know she's talked to Lacota. Maybe I should talk to Oz, too. His parents are probably all dead, too." She stands and goes to hug the beaver. "Thanks. For trying to help. I hope you're right and life does get brighter here soon...."

Gorvenalus smiles at the hug and hmmms "I never knew Friar Lacota had a mate, well something new to learn then"LilyMoore nods, then steps away. "I need to go. I promised Nana that I'd help make new dresses for the Spring Feast. I'll see ya later." And she leaves, waving at him over her shoulder.

Gorvenalus finally finishes the library spring cleaning and then goes to  have a nice snack.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer