Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-07 01:38:34 PM

oz

Spring Cleaning In The Abbey Library- Redwall Abbey Recorder Log

In Log:

Gorvenalus- Recorder of Redwall Abbey

Karth-Archer in Mossflower Defenders

Brother Rafael -Master Healer of Redwall -Spoofed by Gorvenalus

Log:

RW Abbey: Library -------------------------------------------------------------------- The library has never looked better in seasons as shelves have been repaired and so have tables and chairs. The once empty sleeves now have more books in them and not only that the books are in an ABC order and arranged by subject to better find what one is looking for. The beautifully crafted windows are well cleaned. This gives the library plenty of light during the daylight hours. The room has a high vaulted ceiling. The flagstones of the floor are cool and smooth, and echoes are sometimes heard when beasts walk. Brass lamps containing short, fat little white candles provide enough light for reading. Some books are still being mended but being working on getting on the shelves. The backroom is even very clean and organized as well. Books were found in the attic and some from Ferravale were added that the Ferravale beast had maybe two copies of something so gave Redwall one of the copies for the Redwall library, all in all a lot of hard work has done wonders for the library. On an Oakwood desk is the charter laying inside a clear glass case for all to see. The glass case keeps it safe and clean. Some other chairs large and small, wooden and soft, have been placed in varies places in the library and a pile of covers and blankets sit in one corner with a few pillows as well. --------------------------------------------------------------------

Gorvenalus is dusting the bookshelves, he sneezes as dust gets into his nose. He then finishes the shelf and replaces the books he took off.

Karth limps over to the beaver, seems he left another beast to keep an eye on his leader while he went to get lunch and then check on the beaver.

Gorvenalus turns and frowns at the limp”Did I miss something? I know there was a meeting at the fire pit but I am not really a part of the Defenders.”

Karth sits “I..broke my toe, my fault as I kicked the abbey wall with it...it's a long story and either way I am stuck like this for 3 weeks.”He speaks “I left another to guard sir Winters in the infirm, he needs rest.”

Gorvenalus nods “So I heard. I told Angela I would help in the infirm and for her to take a couple days off to be with Dorarose and Lilymoore”

Brother Rafael  steps into the library as they speak “And you are helping not to worry Brother Gorvenalus but do also pay attention to the library, I can handle things for now and Zolomon as well as an otter from Mossflower Defenders shall make sure Xander Winters rests and recovers, he is on bed rest 2 days and will have some good meals and water while there and most likely a good talking to from his Uncle or so I heard.”

Karth frowns, he knows well of Oz's lectures now “Yes...Oz Winters is good with...talking to beasts, trust me I know” He doesnt go into detail nor does he want to, he is just enjoying time away from the infirm.”I shall go back to the infirm by nightfall Brother Rafael “

Gorvenalus smiles as he nods “I do have a couple books to fix the spines of and one that a dibbun torn a page from needs repaired now as well as a lot of dusting of the shelfs to do in here”

Brother Rafael  nods as he smiles “Karth you can come back tomorrow, your toe is healing nicely. My advice is to just not anger Angela again or maybe best yet stay clear of her unless its important.”

Karth nods “Wise words from an abbey beast and ones I will surely follow.I have had bad luck with abbey leaders this week so far. Also it needs to be known your abbey needs to replace it's hot root...you are out. Do tell Friar Lacota”

Gorvenalus sighs but stays with the dusting of the shelves. “Would you like to help me some Karth? You can help with something I am sure.”

Brother Rafael  excuses himself as he heads back to the infirm.

Karth nods “I can help, maybe I can dust the lower shelfs, I can do that while sitting. The lower two shelves of each bookshelf and I can replace the books in the same order they were on each shelf once I am done”

Gorvenalus waves to the Master Healer as they leave and nods to Karth “That would be very helpful, thank you” He gets a duster and a rag for the sea otter and hands them to him as he tends to other shelves and leaves the bottom two for Karth.

**A short little role play with my Recorder.**

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer