Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-05 04:42:32 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

A strange meeting in the woods (Looking for LilyMoore log)

This RP is what Valerie and DoraRose were doing during part of this: http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=632

SCENE:  Somewhere in the depths of Mossflower woods...

CHARACTERS:  DoraRose, a female mouse, and Valerie, a vixen.  Sarnith, a ferret.

LOG:
DoraRose is walking through the forest, a vixen named Valerie at her side.  The mouse Warrior is carrying her black axe, and the fox is wearing the uniform of the Bodyguards of Ferravale's Chieftain.  They're both searching for clues of someone passing this way.  It's a lovely early Spring day that they're both ignoring.  The sun is shining through the sparse cloud cover, birds are singing, flowers are peeking their petals through the leaves in the sunnier spots.  The only evidence of the previous night's severe thunderstorm is the mud and wet leaves that's basically EVERYWHERE.  The vixen frowns deeply.  "I wish it hadn't rained last night.  How will we ever find her now?"

It could be a number of things that would of attracted the attention of the searchers, the trees that have a crude x chopped into the bark, the few paw prints in the mud patches, or even a few stumps and accompanying felled trees laying about here and there. But it was probably the smell of an unwashed ferret that has been working on knocking over trees for the last few days. Moving from tree to tree the ferret seems to be performing some kind of test on each tree, small raps and taps, bark examinations, chewing on the foliage, and measuring the distance each tree is around with a knotted rope. Covered in wood and bark chips the ferret has a rather large bearded axe shoved through his belt and seems rather focused on his task of testing trees.

Valerie notes the Xes on the trees and points to them.  DoraRose nods, hefts her battle axe, and continues to look for signs of some other beast, saying, "I don't know, Val.  I guess we just have to hope we stumble on her, or that Marek does."  They come upon the ferret, and the vixen perks up slightly.  "Oh, I think I know him!  Hello!"  She waves to the carpenter, hoping he recognizes her from one of those times he met with Blisa.

Stopping off on the tree testing Sarnith turns to see who else would be out and about then half frowns, he doesn't recognize the mouse nor the vixen at first glance. Raising a paw the ferret waves weakly while pondering what exactly the two are doing here thus armed. Then with a spark of recognition he recalls the fox as one of the many that were piled in Blisa's office the last time he was over Ferravale way. The hob says "Mawnin's, wad's yer's be'd abou'd eh?" Once the two approach they also might start to catch the remnants of a soggy campfire not too far off.

DoraRose blinks slightly.  "Uhm...."  Valerie catches the gist of his words and says, "We're looking for her daughter," she points to the Warrior mouse.  "Her name is LilyMoore.  She has brown fur and violet eyes.  She was wearing a green tunic, brown leggings, and a green cloak."  The mouse nods.  "Aye.  She ran away last night right before the storm after I....I told her that her father....my husband had been murdered while she had been away on a trip.  Have you seen her?"

Leaning back against a tree and finding a less soppy bit of soggy ground to stand on the ferret replies with "Can'ne say'd dad's I's did's, der's whur's qui'd der's storm'd las' nigh's, canne' be'd mudch of a trail fer's yer's der's foller's." Then seeming to remember himself or at least woodlander mannerisms the hob pops off the tree and proffers a paw towards the mouse saying "I'ds be'd Sarnith marm's." The paw is scarred, covered in splinters, but not quite so dirty, it's been run around several wet tree trunks after all.

DoraRose deflates and looks around, running a paw over her forehead.  The more she listens to him, the easier it is to understand his words.  The proffered paw startles her, but then she smiles faintly and goes to shake it.  "DoraRose, Gatekeeper of Redwall.  Pleasure to meet you."  She sighs, obviously worried.  Valerie bites her lip.  "Could Lily have /really/ gone this far from the Abbey?"  "Aye.  She's a very fast runner."

Going back to his spot against the tree Sarnith shrugs, this is why he keeps his own kits on ropes when ever he goes out. "Well's, der's no'd been'd any udder's mice's oud's dis way's dad's I's know'ds of, leas' fer's der's las' tew's day's, bou' as'd long's as I'ds been'd 'ere's." Pausing to ponder the ferret adds "Well's I's 'ope's dey's didn's ged's much furder's, der's river's moss'd be'ds abou's a leauge'd yonder's." With those words the hob gestures in the general direction that the two had been going.

DoraRose's eyes widen because mentioning a rain-swollen river is /totally/ the thing you should say to a frantic mother.  Valerie sighs.  "Maybe we should head back and see if Marek found her.  I doubt she would go near the river, and even if she did, she's a strong swimmer.  I'm sure she's fine."  The Warrior grips her axe more tightly and nods slightly.  "Aye.  It....thank you for your help, Sarnith.  If you see her....tell Ferravale.  She probably wouldn't trust you.  Thank you for your help."  She turns and begins ot head back, her shoulders sagging with worry.  Valerie nods.  "Aye, come tell us.  And good luck with your, uh, woodwork thing!"  She smiles and waves, then follows the Warrior back the way they had come.

Still pondering the ferret points again at a right angle to the way that the two were headed saying " Dad's way'd der'sw be'ds a pine grove's, et's would's be'd dry's still's, no'd been'd a crow der's since der's fire's a few'd seasons back'erd. " But seeing that this might well of been a wasted gesture the hob shrugs, waves a good bye with a bit more effort this time and starts back to measuring trees, checking the ground now for stray mice prints every now and again, he has quite a bit to do since spring is finally starting to come around.

~*END*~

Unbeknownst to them at this time, Marek and Clarissa had found Lily. 

Thanks for reading smile

Board footer