Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-28 07:04:02 PM

The_Brony_Marek

The Redthorn Tale: Prologue

The Redthorn Tale
Prologue: Darkness Falls
Hello everyone, Marek here. I've thought about it for a long time and realized that I've never really revealed much about Marek's backstory. Now It will be a long time before Marek is willing to give out these details himself, but here is that story. It all began long ago in the snow-capped mountains of Send Valley where a terrible menace was battled back by two warriors of black and white.

The sun set on another night in Send Valley, but all was not well. Something was amiss and none could sense it more than the sage clan of wolves that lived just beyond it's borders. As the fierce winds blew into another harsh winter, Silverfangs stared deep into the fire in search of answers,  but he needed not to search very long for a patrol had returned with very dire news indeed.

“Chieftain” the leader of the patrol spoke nervously. “It is as you feared. Our patrol has discovered a horde of beasts camped near the village. We overheard them discussing plans to enslave the valley”

Silverfangs looked up calmly, trying to maintain the stoic nature that was required of his new position, his face sporting the lines of a wolf far older than the chieftain who just three short seasons ago had come of age. “How many are their numbers?”

“Roughly twenty large vermin beasts” the scout continued, his voice shaking with noticeable fear. “And they appear to be led by two very large beasts, with sharp teeth and mammoth sized paws”

Silverfangs tried to remain calm, but his voice betrayed a hint of terror as he stood up to face the entire clan. “My brethren of the Tribe of Flowing Stream; my greatest fears have come true. Our valley is besieged by a score of vile beasts who wish to rob us of our freedom. Their numbers are being led by two creatures of terrifying power: Wolverines. Our most skilled warriors will remain behind to defend your homes and lives. I will make the journey to the valley myself to warn our neighbors that they must gather whatever warriors they have to combat this threat. For if Send Valley falls, then our clan will shortly fall as well, and if we allow these savages to take the north they will grow in number, marching further south until everything and everybeast has been enslaved. We must not let this happen, my brothers. If I do not return in 3 days, send a patrol to the valley to find me. I will see you again soon”

(Meanwhile at the Horde Encampment)

Zurrg sat in his tent, throwing knifes at targets as he picked his teeth with the bone of a recently deceased fox. The fox had insulted his battle prowess and challenged Zurrg to a duel and though the young wolverine was only five seasons, he easily humiliated the fox in battled and skewered him on a broadsword. Zurrg smiled, remembering the beast's pleas for mercy as he was roasted alive; as it turned out, fox tasted delicious. Now however, Zurrg was thinking of other matters. It was time to prove himself to his father, if he could help bring this pathetic valley to it's knees then perhaps he would be properly rewarded with slaves at this beck and call instead of the pitiful rank of just another soldier in his father's pathetically small army. The thought of being his father's pawn for the rest of his life made him vomit to the core, as he threw his next knife with such force that the target board shattered into unrecognizable bits.

Filled with burning hatred for these mewling cowards, Zurrg screamed in frustration as he shattered the rest of the boards as well. “They will ALL bow before me! Zurrgg will be supreme! I will...”.

Zurrg's words were cut off by the vicious growl of his father, as a massive shadow loomed over the tent and Zurrg felt an overwhelming presence cast over him. Though Zurrg was massive in size, Kerza dwarfed him in comparison. “Father I'm....” his words were cut off as his felt a crushing grip wrap around his throat with a vice that threatened to cleave his head from his body with likely very little effort on the elder wolverine's part.

“Let me make one thing clear, boy” Kerza spat with digust and rage. “I will be the only one reigning supreme. You are lucky enough to sit by my eat my food. You are a parasite, and you will always be a parasite. You are not fit to lead and if you weren't my own flesh and blood I would grind you into mush where you stand”. With one last forceful gesture on Zurrg's windpipe, Kerza threw his son into a nearby table  and spat in his face. “You will NOT attempt to assert yourself again, and you will NOT take it upon yourself to dwindle our numbers to defend your pathetic pride. You are my son and you will act like it, do you understand?”

Zurrg merely nodded. “Thank you for this lesson, father. I believe I understand.

“Good” Kerza smiled as he rose to his feet to address his troops. “Then we can begin...”

Hopefully I will have another chapter up next week. I will be very busy with house cleaning and work so I don't know how often I will update this story. Expect a long story though as this will take some time to tell. I hope you enjoy and I'll see you next week.

#2 2018-03-29 01:41:27 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Re: The Redthorn Tale: Prologue

You're a good writer!  This is fascinating and exciting; I'm looking forward to the future installments. smile  Thanks for posting!

#3 2018-03-30 10:57:06 AM

Karth Riverbark

Update Soon Please

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

#4 2018-03-30 12:53:50 PM

warrior_Otter_maid

Yes I want to see more of this story, do keep adding chapters and updates Please. You make the characters come alive well!!!

Board footer