Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-24 02:37:49 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Oz visits the Infirm & news about Ace (RWA log)

SCENE:
RW Abbey: Infirmary
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Several beds are lined against the red sandstone walls of the Abbey's Infirmary. An examination table, separated from the rest of the room by hanging blankets, rests against the far wall.  Tucked into a small alcove is a sizeable workbench with various containers for mixing and preparing medicinal compounds.  Against another wall is a desk for use by the Infirmary Keeper.  A curtained off alcove behind the desk hides a locked door to the Infirmary's supplies and linens.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Exits: Infirmary (Rec)overy Room, (H)ealer's (D)ormitory, (O)pen (G)round, (Hall)

CHARACTERS:  Misu, a female sea otter.  Oz, a male badger.  DoraRose and Angela, female mice.

LOG:
Misu has been in and out of consciousness and now finally wakes up as she blinks and then slowly sits up, which she quickly regrets and lays back down with a soft groan. She frowns a bit and looks around as if searching for something.

Oz dislikes the infirm, to the point he avoids check ups 'til last moment. Today he dropped his mug, or least one of them as he has two of them and ended up cutting his paw when he went to pick up the pieces of broken mug. It's not a bad cut, but it still bleeds through the bandage he tried to do himself.....so he came up here with a grumble to get it looked at, bandaged correctly and some herbs applied as well.

And it's Oz's lucky day!  Why?  Because Angela's on duty!  *Fake hooray!*  She's busy over by the herb cabinet, doing inventory.  DoraRose, Gatekeeper, is in here cleaning.  Right now she's wiping down the windows.  As the sea otter awakens, the Warrior mouse sets down her rag and hurries over to her side.  "Hey, hey there, don't try to sit up.  You're lucky to be alive," she says gently with a smile.

Oz stops as he listens, he puts the bandaged paw behind his back as he clears his throat "So...if the infirm is busy I can return later"

Angela turns and smiles.  "Ah, Oz, no, we're not busy at all.  "What brings y'up 'ere, hm?"  She wipes her paws on her apron and walks over to the badger, leaning on her staff.

Oz sighs, he may as well as hiding his poorly bandaged paw will not help. He clears his throat and shows the paw, "I broke a mug and cut my paw picking up the pieces of it, tried to bandage it myself and didn't do so well it seems" The cut is not deep but it is still enough to freely bleed off and on.The blood does come through the bandage a little.

Angela goes to carefully take off the bandage and inspect the injury.  "Actually, considering 'ow y'couldn't see what y'were doin' and y'only 'ad 1 paw to do it with, I think y'did a fairly decent job."  She goes to lead him over to the herb counter.  "Let's get that taken care off.  Also, when was your last check up?"

Oz frowns at the mention of the last check up, so he doesn't mention it, it's been a while.So he stays quiet and lets her look at the paw as he nods and just listens, no one really is here, well the sea otter but Dorarose is tending to her but other wise no one else is here.

Misu seems one to not talk much as the mousemaid is beside, she finally finds the words to speak "Where...have I been taken...and why?" She knows there is pain and last thing she remembers is the woods and then all went black.

DoraRose is still smiling.  "You're in Redwall Abbey, a place of peace.  You got stabbed in the chest and lost a lot of blood.  The knife just barely missed your vital organs."  She goes to plump the pillows behind the otter's head so she's sitting up a tiny bit.  "My name is DoraRose.  What's yours?"  Angela glances up at the badger's face.  "Oi, answer me, son.  When was yer last check-up?  Or should I just give you one now for good measure?"

Misu glaces over at the other mouse and badger and mutters "Someone mood is not good" She then tries to remember..."A weasel...and cat had a hedgehog"

DoraRose frowns. "A weasel did that to you? This doesn't sound good....can you remember anything from before you were injured?" She pulls the collar of her dress away from her throat out of habit. Angela scowls and waves her staff under the badger's nose. "You tell me right now or I'll check in Leon's record book! An' give me yer paw back, y'overgrown Dibbun!" And this is why no one tells the Healer no.

Oz sighs and relaxes his paw and finally sits down "Fine...it was spring...last spring like after the feast.  Leon had 4 otters corner me, it was...very annoying"

Atvi wanders in and looks around. He sees the badger and walks over "Whys you here? You okies? Do you have an ouchie?" And he needs to take a breath and looks at some drying  herbs "What that looks yuckie?" He sniffs the air"This room smell odd me no like it..." Ahh dibbuns are so cute.

Misu tries to remember  "Yes but another weasel died...I think, and the cat must of left."  She is guessing the hedgehog did not get away,"The weasel also had some..tattoo or...something"  She can't remember as her vision was blurry when the knife hit her  "How..did I get here?"

DoraRose's brow furrows.  "Anything you can remember at any time will be helpful.  Was the hedgehog wearing any clothes that made him seem different than most beasts?"  She pauses a moment.  "I think a couple of otters brought you here, but I'm not sure.  That's just what I've heard."  Angela relaxes and begins to try and rub a salve on Oz's injury and then bandage it back up.  Glancing at the Dibbun, she says, "Those are 'erbs, young 'un, that we use to keep beasts from dyin'.  Some creatures, 'owever, use other 'erbs to kill.  'Ave you ever 'eard of the witch named Baba Yaga?"  Because she has no qualms abut terrifying naughty Dibbuns who help naught hares make messes in the kitchen.

Oz tilts his head as he hears Avti "Avti why are you not with the other dibbuns?" He keeps still and lets Angela tend to his paw and he will sit there and let her do a checkup, 'cause if he avoids a check up she will likely hunt him down or have someone else hunt him down.   

Atvi answers "Me is....is..."  He looks at Angela "No...why?" He asks and yawns a little as he just sits in the middle of the floor "Me bored."

Misu tries to remember...  "Had a cloak on...seen it on couple others...and he had an ax which may still be in the woods" She frowns as a wave of pain goes through her.  She then asks "Where is my longbow?" Now that is likely in the weapon's area.

Atvi listens to all the adults, adults talk a lot and he yawns as he decides....yes the middle of the floor is good for a nap, he should so be moved soon.

DoraRose purses her lips, then gives the otter a description of the Defender's cloaks.  "Did it look like that?"  She notes the look of pain on the patient's face and gets a Novice Healer, who checks on her chart, then gets her some white willowbark tea.  After the Novice leaves, the Warrior tries to help the otter drink a sip as she says, "Your longbow and arrows are in the weapon's area, where we keep all of our weapons.  Don't worry, nobeast in Redwall would steal them or use them without your permission."
Angela finishes bandaging the badger's paw, but before she can tell the Dibbun about the witch in the house with chicken legs, he falls asleep.  Sighing, she goes to put him on a cot, then comes back and goes to check the badger over.  "Thank ye for cooperatin'; I wasn't lookin' forward to 'avin' to drug ya and then 'ave some otters bring y'up 'ere."

Oz rasies an eyebrow but he stays seated for the checkup, he can even rest a couple hours if needed.   

Misu listens and nods slowly "He did...but didn't ask a name." She does add  "Mine is Misu...from the sea shore, not of here or this area.My holt was attacked but the ones whom did it were defeated"

DoraRose smiles again.  "Well, that's okay.  What you've told me is helpful, don't worry.  And it's good to meet you, Misu.  I'm sure you and the rest of your tribe are brave Warriors.  I do hope, though, that you feel welcome here at our peaceful Abbey.  I'm the Gatekeeper here, and I understand how it can feel restricting to be a Warrior here.  Feel free to come and chat once you're stronger, and don't hesitate to mention anything else you remember from the battle, alright?"  Angela finishes her check-up and nods.  "Y'seem fine, Oz.  'As yer knee been botherin' y'more than usual lately?"

Oz says, "My knee has eased some, but then it is slowly getting warmer weather to which I am glad"   

Misu just nods "It seems....odd. I am use to the woods and the stars not...a ceiling and walls....or a bed that's soft." She smiles faintly as she could get use to this indoor stuff.

DoraRose smiles and goes to pat the sea otter's shoulder.  "They are hard to get used to in some ways, but others....yeah, the soft bed was certainly one of the reasons I stayed."  Standing, the Gatekeeper adds, "I need to get back to cleaning if I'm going to be done by supper.  Let me know if you need anything more."  As she goes back to cleaning, Angela nods.  "Well, then, I don't think y'need anythin' more.  Ye're free to go, Oz.  Please just come back tomorrow so I can check on your cuts."  She moves back over to her inventory list she was working on, humming softly.

~*END*~

Thanks for reading! smile

Last edited by BlisaMarshmellow (2018-03-29 01:14:58 PM)

Board footer