Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-20 04:55:53 PM

oz

Friend of Eagles And Wolverins(Past History Log)

***First this takes place like WAY far in the past RIGHT before Oz gets to Redwall Abbey the first time in his life. Yes it's that old...so why a log of the past? Its different and no one else was on so Bandit spoofed some badies and I spoofed Thunderwing....yep he was alive then as Oz had known Thunderwing since he was a dibbun..the eagle was the protector of the whole Winters Clan and was rasied from an egg by Zee Winters.....anyways here is the log of many many many....yeah long time ago just read it smile *****

Oz-As of time in this log   a hermit badger

A Wolverine- a beast that was saved from a pit

Thunderwing- large Eagle, at time in this log still very much alive

Varies spoofed weasel, martins and a rat

Log enjoy:

Oz walks along the path threw the woods, south and he had his cloak on and a staff in his paw. The staff was not to help him walk, but self defense if needed, not that he planed to fight since he avoided beasts. But he had been forced to leave his one room cabin to follow his adopted son, he muttered to himself as he only hoped he was heading the correct way. It was fall so leaves were just starting to change colors of red and orange in the north woods.

Who knows what dangers lurked in the forest! Bandits, slavers, robbers, thieves, monsters... All of which would at least think twice to attack a badger. Badgers were big, burly and MEAN. They also taste horrible and their pelts tend to stink. There were very few reasons to risk ones life to take on such a fearsome creature! So the walk is going quite well! No bandits leaping out of the bushes, no robbers coming to attack the traveler. Everything is fine. Just fiiiiiiiiine. "HELP!" Until that is, a beast calls for help from the forest ahead. It's hard to see where the beast is really. the voice seems to come from nowhere, but it is quite loud, like it's close...

Oz slows and listens, he then snorts and grips his staff as he walks on. In his mind he rather avoid anyone, maybe even a beast needing help as he looks around as if to make sure no beast is close. He frowns as he unknowingly walks closer. Its also not the best time of day, it's getting close to dusk

Unfortunately for the badger, fate has other plans for him. The voice calls out again, louder. "GET ME OUT OF HERE!" The voice is female, but with a distinct growl. And comes from under the badgers feet! There, in the middle of the path, there is a large, deep hole with spikes lining the bottom. Most of the wooden spikes are broken after having a rather large, rather angry looking wolverine falling into the pit. She is a tribal looking beast, dressing herself in only the most fashionable pelts available. And if the badger takes another step, he will most surely fall into the pit with her...

Oz manages to stop just in time and carefully looks down at the beast inside. He raises an eyebrow as he studies her and looks ready to just walk around the hole as he speaks " I am sure some beast will come along shorty, maybe friends of yours as I am busy and need to get to somewhere else, that's not here"

The wolverine looks up, practically emanating bitterness and hate. "YOU!" She leaps at the side of the wall, despite the spike impaling her leg. In fact, that is probably the only reason the wolverine doesn't manage to climb out of the pit. Despite this, the burly beast continues to spit and snarl until she gets tired of trying to claw her way out of the pit. Then she snarls and spits out insults, "Coward! Stripedog! Is this pit your doing? I'll tear out your kidneys and feed them too you!" The rest descends into a mish mash of various insults no good natured beast should repeat.

Oz rolls his eyes "Why would I make a pit for and since it seems you wish me harm why help you?" He shakes his head "I am on my way to someplace called...Red something or other, I don't know its what the boy keep talking about thanks to this annoying otter who told him stories of this place and its most likely stories."

The wolverine blinks. "You're not... here to harm me?" She glances off to the side. "Oh... ok." The wolverine turns angry again, "Then get me out of here, you lily livered, yellow bellied, WOODLANDER! If you leave me here, so help me I..." the wolverine puts too much pressure on her wounded leg and she collapses, yelping and yelling out, "Ow, ow, ow, owie..." She looks up at the badger, eyes wide and tearful, "Please, I..." The wolverine hesitates. "Need help. I've been stuck down here for two days..."

Oz sighs he starts to walk away and then decides on something before going out of sight for like 30 minutes before some tied vines are throw down, the other end is tied to a tree close by. There he helped her and now he can keep searching for the otter and his adopted son. He had no plans to get all friendly with this wolverine as it was now dark. He walked a little ways off and found a good place for a campsite, a small campfire is made and he starts cooking some wild greens and fish he caught earlier, and he makes what little bit of some sort of herbal tea he has in a small mug.

The wolverine is still shouting insults at the badger until he returns, with her means of escape. She offers no thanks as she is rescued, struggling to climb out of the pit and darting into the night as quick as she can. Later, at the camp site, there is a rustling noise in the bushes... The wolverine appears, stomping her way to the fire and plopping herself down opposite of the badger. She looks... tired. Mostly. "Thank you." Is all that she says.

Oz looks up a little surprised and the mutters a "Your....welcome" He then sips his tea and quietly eats some fish, he doesn't seem to talk much to others. H also doesn't have much at the camp site just his knapsack, a small cooking pot and the cloak he was wearing earlier.
His outfit is simple a green or off green tunic and a red vest, he also wears worn out boots.

"Most beasts would have left me there to die. So..."

WACK! The club cracks as it slams against the wolverine's head. The beast's eyes roll upward and she says, "But I don't want to wear pants, mum..." and collapses forward with a goofy little smile as she slips into unconsciousness. "Well then! That takes care of that!"

The rat seems to just materialize out of the woods, along with the other beasts. The badger is surrounded by 4 beasts, a rat in a fancy hat, a couple of martens, and a chubby weasel with a saber. Their weapons are all drawn and pointed at the badger. "Thank you for your assistance, sir! I had feared this wolverine had escaped, but you drew her right here!" the rat chuckles, "We will take it from here."

"Stay where you are, or we might take care of you TOO!" the weasel lady gestures at the badger with her saber.

Oz was not paying attention till the wolverine falls forward and then he slowly looks up as sees the vermin surrounding him and narrows his eyes as he reaches for his staff slowly, all the while keeping an eye on the beasts surrounding him "Who are you and what do ya want?" He asks getting annoyed "If its her....then take her and go away, I rather not deal with beasts for too long"

"That is mighty kind of you, badger." the rat seems like he is in charge, as he is chatty and no one has told him to shut up yet.

"We will be happy to take this here wolverine off yer paws. But I have to admit, the opportunity to get not just a wolverine, but a badger as well? This is too good to pass up." The vermin begin to press forward on the badger with their swords.

"Come with us and you will not be harmed," Says the rat, "Don't worry. It will be good for you! We will find you a new home in our fighting pit! You will have all the food and drink and admiration you could want!" "Until you die, of course." Says the weasel. "Well, yeah, but think of how fun it will be until then, right?" The rat laughs.

Oz glares and slowly stands "That would be a slave and sorry not interested I have a beast to look for so kindly leave" He is calm, for now he spins the staff once. He hates fighting and would rather not but if they keep pressing he may have to fight.

"Such a shame, but not unexpected." The rat snaps his claws, "Break him."

The vermin hesitate, and the rat sighs, "Double the pay to the beast who captures the badger..." With their courage renewed, the vermin leap at the badger as one. Slashing and stabbing with their blades at his arms at legs!

Oz spins the staff around and swings it at the oncoming vermin,He sidesteps and one barely misses stabbing him as he snarls. He is very skilled with the staff it would seem.

One of the marten's is clocked across the head, making a yelp as he is stunned senseless. The other marten tries to block the staff with his sword, while the fat weasel tries to stab him in the back with a knife!

Oz avoids the back stab but some movement doesn't totally avoid an injury as the blade gets him in the shoulder as he growls and breaths in and out as he feels anger becoming worse. He makes a fist and goes to punch the beast that just stabbed him and punch him rather hard too

Despite being a plump creature, the weasel ducks under the blow with agility unmatched. She then moves close, saber rising quickly and stopping short of the badgers neck. "This is the part where you settle down and LOSE, badger boy." She grins deviously, pushing the saber upward just enough to pierce the skin, "I have no qualms with bringing you back alive or as a coat, ya hear me?" "I would prefer alive but," The rat shrugs, "You're choice stripedog."

Oz is not a fighter beast...yes he knows self defense but he is no fighter as he swings the staff once more and then feels the blade at his throat and the staff drops from his paw as he remains still. Blood drips own his shoulder where he was stabbed as he growls low. A small trickle of blood forms on his neck.

"You still alive Marty?" The rat nods to the downed marten. "Y-yeah... I think." "Then quit lolly gaggin and get to tying up that that badger. Make that rope good and tight! I don't want any misshaps!"

The rat begins to tie up the wolverine as the vermin take the badgers weapon, and move closer to bind him...

"Don't worry, luv." the weasel laughs, "I'm sure you will enjoy slavery. None of the fighters ever seem to complain! at least, not after we throw those who do to the monster pit..."

Oz manages a snarl as he is tied up and watches as they tie up the wolverine and take the staff. He then frowns and lowers his head in defeat. He should of never come south, it was a bad idea and now he will never find Maxtor,"Sorry...Maxtor..."He mutters. Unknowns to any of them, they may of been seen but its not clear yet if so as its dark now.

And it is still dark when the vermin get back to their camp, a small affair in one of the more open parts of the forest. There is a fire, and after the food is made, the beasts start to celebrate their new fortune. The martens are the first to break out the wine, but it's the weasel who partakes of it the most. Swollen with food and wine, the pudgy weasel dances around the fire drunkenly to the laughter of her marten comrades. The rat leader stands guard over the prisoners who are just roughly shoved to the side, and left uncomfortably bound.

"I remember the good ol' days." The rat says, "Partying it up like that. Stomach ulcer won't let me drink anything but milk these days though..." "No one... cares." The wolverine regained consciousness a little while ago, and seems to wish she didn't.

"Bloody heck, how did you let yourself be captured by these idiots?" She whines to Oz.

Oz frowns as he feels helpless right now and speaks "I...am not a fighter....my brother is but not seen him for like 8 seasons...."He says sadly. He is tied up very good as he is a badger. He sighs "If he was here......they would be dead most likely"

Then there is a high pitched "kawwwwwwwwwwww!!!!" And a mass of feathers and talons grab the drunk weasel and carries them off with another "KAWWWWWWW.....Badbeasties dieplentygood!!!"

Oz blinks and then smiles "Its not Zork....but its a friend"

Being picked up by an eagle is a very sobering experience indeed. The weasel let's out a panicked yelp as she is carried off by the bird, wriggling and squirming in his talons and calling for help that will not come. The martens stare in abject horror, they scramble to find cover despite the rat calling for them to be calm and grab their weapons. He screams as he get's too close to the wolverine's muzzle, the beast biting into his tail with a death grip.

The eagle returns and goes to sink talons into one of the martens and kawsss loudly "Thunderwing killie you!!!!!!!!!" The marten will see a beck go for his eyes and then neck as the bird turns to the others and looks a bloody mess now as he scans the area and flies at the rat! Oz just watches all this unfold as he can't get loose from his ropes.

The marten let's out a scream as the talon's sink into his chest and belly, the eagles beak turning him into a mess of marten bits. The remaining marten falls upon his rump, eyes wide with fear as he desperately tries to draw his sword. The rat falls down, trying to kick the wolverine lose, but she only bites deeper into his tail.

,"
Oz looks away as the eagle goes to grab the last marten and goes way up and drops it, he then kawwwwws loudly and rakes his talons across the wolverine's ropes, Oz frowns "Wait...not her........ohh" He then realizes the bird is just letting the wolverine loose to defeat the rat, he lands by the badger and goes to break free his ropes"Thunderwing help friend Oz"

The marten makes a scream as loud as his splatter against the ground. Almost as loud as the rat as the wolverine draws him close.

"No! Please!" He begs. "Not the wolverine! Give me to the eagle, or the badger! Just please don't let the wolverine kill me!" The beast shushes the rat, placing her claw on his lips. "Oh, you silly little beast. I'm not going to kill you! I'm going to let you live."

She begins to grin, teeth flashing, "Until you beg me not too..." The wolverine raises her claw, then pauses, remembering her audience. She says to the badger and Eagle . "Excuse me for a moment, you might want to turn away..." The wolverine then tears into the panicked rat and... Well... It's best not to speculate what happens to the rat. She returns moments later, wiping raty bits off of her claws with his own vest. "Friends of birds and wolverines I see?"

Oz decides to just stay with Thunderwing and gives him a hug and tenses up a little, the shoulder wound is still there as he sighs. He smiles "Glad to see you Thunderwing"

The eagle nods and tilts his head"Thunderwing see red brick house,,,large and south past bridge and pass a vermin bar....me seen  Maxtor and Pine"

Oz listens closely and nods "Good....and I will be ok thank you my friend"The eagle flies off and leaves Oz, who finds his staff and turns to the wolverine "I....suppose, I have no...friends, not really I am a hermit."He doesn't explain why and looks towards the south, the mentioned bridge is maybe 1/4 a day away.

"I know the feeling," The wolverine glances at the ground, and then to her leg, which is still wounded, but bandaged by the now deceased vermin. They were kind enough to patch up their quarry, less she bleed out. Not that it matters to them NOW.

"Tamaria." The wolverine says, "My name is Tamaria. Thank you, for saving me from Light knows what they planned to do with me. Even if you did let a bird do all your fighting for you." She grins, taking a bow, and then rewards the badger by NOT mauling him, as is customary to her species. And with little else, the wolverine moves away from the badger, vanishing into the woods.

Oz watches the wolverine head off and hmmms quietly, it may be best to leave the area. His shoulder is bandaged also as why would they of wanted the badger to bleed if they wanted him as a slave, he grips the staff and heads to the bridge and then the road, its here the badger and eagle part ways as he waves and then its south...to Redwall Abbey.

This is the log where Oz first came to the abbey if curious...

https://www.rwmuck.org/wiki/Oz_finds_Maxtor

Last edited by oz (2018-03-20 06:41:50 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#2 2018-03-22 02:14:30 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Re: Friend of Eagles And Wolverins(Past History Log)

This was funny and cool. 

This is why we're supposed to not make wolverines and eagles mad at us xD

Board footer