Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-17 06:58:36 PM

oz

News and Dibbun Chaos-Redwall Log

In Log:

Oz- Badger Mother of Redwall AKA Papa Oz

Zolomon-Archer of Mossflower Defenders

Lee- Otter friend to Redwall

Lacota- Friar of Redwall

Dorarose-Gatekeeper of redwall

Angela-Healer

Rosepaw and Konrad-Children of Lee

Krisha-Badger Mother in Training

Ace- Member of Mossflower Defenders

Atvi- Dibbun Vole

Spoofed dibbuns and couple other beasts

Log:

RW Abbey: Great Hall
The Great Hall of Redwall Abbey. Countless paw falls have echoed from these stones, and untold numbers of feasts and merry gatherings have been held here.  A table, not nearly so grand or large as its predecessors, but quite functional for mealtimes, rests near the center of the hall. Chairs exist here aplenty, and they are all of a matching set. High above, the stain glass windows give the Great Hall a beautiful appearance.  The glasswork is exceptionally done, crafted by a skilled artist.  The floor is clean and swept. A fire is kept burning in the fireplace at almost all times of the day and night, and there are several more comfortable chairs and cushions set up here, of varying sizes. One looks large enough to easily accommodate a badger.

The Tapestry hangs proud and tall, and while the rest of Redwall may still bear the scars of natural disaster, this most famous of Redwall's relics remains unharmed by beast, time, or the elements. The figure of Martin the Warrior seems to be watching over his own with an unchanging, kindly gaze.

Soft light is slowly beginning to filter in through the stained glass windows high above your head.

Oz has been busy in another room when he does come back as he is speaking to Zolomon and sighs once,"Well let's hope she doesn't repeat the word to any other dibbuns"

Ace is sitting in a chair, his arm bandaged as he looks at the fireplace. He got lucky as it could be worse but he is fine, just a little tried maybe and upset with himself needing help in the first place but also being lucky he did get help or..well...

Atvi is under the table peeking out and watching the others. He has some stones and a pillow with him.

Krisha sighs as she walks downstairs, a badger cub in her arms as she comes down the steps. The dibbun badger is a little fussy but not as much as earlier. She slows as she sees the room is not empty and sighs, but she is sort of being made to join the others and enjoy company...so she will, least for now.

DoraRose is already here, and arguing with a couple of Dibbuns. "No, you can't go to the kitchen! You'll just steal pies, I know you DABers too well!" The little ones pout, and one gives her the big, sad 'puppy dog' eyes. "Buts we wansta 'elp da Fwiaw!" Angela comes hobbling down the steps after the female badger, scowling. "Also, I wanna check on the cub, please! It shouldn't take too long, don't worry." The future Badger Mother cannot escape! Angela will track her down to the ends of the Earth! Bwahaha! tongue

Oz listens, a few dibbuns bye him is being good...a couple vole dibbuns join Atvi "What doings?" Is this good or bad?

Zolomon nods "I am gonna go now...see ya"And the hare is walking out the door, most likely to patrol.

Atvi grins "Me collect rocks...rocks are cool fer lots of things...heeheheheh" He then spies the other badger, who is she?

Krisha sighs and turns to Angela "She is...ok and I can see if Brother Leon can look at her" How is she to know he is no longer here, she has avoided beasts and the infirm and from past knowledge she seen him there most of the time, he could be elsewhere for all she knows. The dibbun whimpers as she fusses again. Too much noise maybe? Its hard to say she is small yet.

DoraRose looks over as her husband's name is mentioned, a pained look crossing her face. She absently says to the Dibbuns, "No, that's my final answer, now sit down over there." After gesturing to the general area in front of the fireplace, the Warrior walks a few steps towards her grandmother and the badger, then leans on the back of a chair, unable to take any more steps. Angela stiffens, then gently asks, "'As nobeast told you? Well, I guess that stands to reason, seein' as 'ow 'Rose asked everybeast to let 'er be the ones to give the returning beasts the news..." A leveret toddles into the feeling adult hare's way and looks up into his face. And just stares while he sucks on a wooden spoon that he somehow got from somewhere.

Oz frowns, he could of told her yes but he was unsure of weather to or not and....well its not like she asked him. He picks up a dibbun trying to climb into his lap.

Sadly Zolomon is backed back into the room and frowns at the dibbun, "Umm..spoons are not food....but is used to eat food"He looks over at the others and smiles as he looks at the dibbun "Want to sneak some pie?"

Ace has been quiet, he knew about Leon but, well none of his businesses who tells the news and who doesn't.

Atvi peeks out, did he hear the word pie? He isn't sure as he watches the hare closely, pie would be nice but for him and his two vole friends not the hare.

Krisha frowns as she sits down, "Why?..What happen?" She glaces around at the reactions as the room is sort of quiet. The dibbun has at least calmed some and she will let Angela look at the dibbun who coos softly and then whimpers a little but stops after a short while again.

DoraRose sits in the chair she had been leaning on and brushes a shaky paw up over her eyes and forehead. The Dibbuns who she had shooed towards the fireplace hear the adult hare's suggestion and toddle over to him, trying to cling to his legs. "Can we help? We wants pies," they hoarsely whisper as the baby hare drops his spoon and starts hopping up and down, clapping his paws and nodding excitedly. Angela glances over at her granddaughter, then decides she should go ahead and say it. "Leon.....Leon was murdered shortly after y'all left. Brother Rafeal, Brother Nissaya, and I are acting as joint Master Healers for the time being." She goes to stroke the baby badger's forehead, then, pulls a chair over and sits in it, reaching to take the little from its mothers arms.

Zolomon decides its best to have some dibbuns follow him to the kitchens for pie, no need to stay in here right? He is doing good right? He whispers and leads the dibbuns away, where they will find a couple nice pumpkin pies...yeah. And a bowl of loose mellow creme..left...all alone.

Atvi is curious and follows the hare, "Where you going Mr long ears?" The couple with him follow too as the vole grins "I not tell...if you let me comes too."

Krisha pays no attention and the dibbun is small enough right now the healer could pick it up. The dibbun fusses a little and Krisha blinks, but the whole news makes her not growl as her attention is elsewhere "D..Dead?...But...who....nothing seems out of place now..."Is it? Well she is the only one back so that is out of place and she has yet to tell many why she is the only one back, well almost the only one there is the strange squirrel maid that followed her. She frowns and looks at Dorarose sadly wondering if she is ok.

Oz keeps the dibbuns, still in the room, by him and Sister Ginny is here also now to help keep them distracted for now...but there is the missing as she whispers "Where are the others?"

The leveret and other Dibbuns gleefully follow the adult hare into the kitchen, and the find some scones that are /juuuuuuussst/ out of reach. So the leveret starts struggling to drag a chair over. They want the scones! Dora stands up and walks over to the female badger as Angela murmurs to the baby as she checks it over. "A raven k....killed him," the Warrior manages to say. "But he killed the raven. I....he was.....still alive when I....found him, but...." She swallows, crosses her arms, and stares into the fire, not wanting to scare the Dibbuns who were still in the room. "We've been.....the Abbey has been.....able to keep everything running the way it's supposed to.....please don't tell.....any of the others when they arrive. I want to make sure that LilyMoore finds out from me directly." Squirrelbabe, the notorious DAB Ringleader, is behaving, staying beside the Badger Father. She pipes up and tells the Abbey Sister, "I dunno, whewevah they went, 'twasn't my ideas!"

Oz stays by the dibbuns and frowns, both at the news of Leon which he knew and the fact some dibbuns went out of the room.

Zolomon meanwhile is suddenly in charge of dibbuns and, is that wise really? He finds the two pies and cuts small pieces and grins "Pie....oh no" And a couple dibbuns knocked over the mellow cream and use it as finger paint on the kitchen floor as the hare gulps "Don't bally well do that...no no" He picks up one and tries for another. He gets mellow cream to the face!

Atvi smirks as he looks around and smiles. He finds a chair and looks at the scones "Hee hee....no adults but long ears!" He smiles and is smart...a way to the scones!

Krisha frowns again "He..killed the raven?" That surprises her, as the dibbun badger becomes more fussy now she turns her attention to it "Is..is she ok? Is she ill?"

The leveret scowls up at Atvi and starts screaming at him, presumably for not letting him be the first creature at the scones. Grabbing a pawful of cream, he lobs it at the vole Dibbun as the kitchens descend into chaos. Squirrelbabe, obediently at Oz's side, stares wide-eyed at the doorway leading to the kitchen, starts to suck her thumb as sounds start eminating from down there. Angela smiles at the new mother. "Aye, I think she'll be fine. Just a little colic, is all. Come by the Infirmary later and I'll give y'somethin' to 'ave 'er drink that should take care of it. It'll most likely be gone in a few months." Dora nods, hugging herself. "I think the raven may have threatened us, me and our children, and so he killed her so she wouldn't be able to harm us."

Oz sighs and Sister Ginny frowns..great some dibbuns are elsewhere but where. Then a noise from the kitchens as a stack of pans fall and Sister Ginny eyes widen.

Zolomon is still in there with dibbuns, the missing ones yep and frowns as the hare dibbun knocked over a couple pans and one landed on the adult hares head as he tries to see where he is "Not bally good" The two dibbuns in his arms giggle and one is still finger paining with mellow creamer all over the floor, its a nice picture but the floor is the dibbuns paper it seems! Also a couple notice Atvi has the chair and smiles "Scones!" And there is the two pies, cut in small slices....and guess what they are dumped onto the floor as Zolomon gets the pot off his head and frowns "Oh no....no no no no"

Atvi is also in the kitchens and has the scones, he bites into one and frowns "No like blackberry" He looks at the others and passes out the scones "Want?" He watches the long eared hare and grins "What the matter....we just followed you..."He looks at the pie on the floor "He killed the pie....."
Krisha nods, then looks at the kitchen "What is...going on in there?"

The doors to the Great Hall creak open and three otters poke their heads in. "Wot are we doin' here, Dad?" says the younger male, who looks rather disinterested.

DoraRose looks over at the kitchen door, as do Angela, Squirrelbabe, and most of the other Dibbuns. "I'm not sure I want to know.....wait, where's Zolomon?" The leveret, screams again as things begin to fall on the floor. He then sits down and starts crying, paws extended to the scones.

Oz frowns "I think I know..."He mutters, great and the dibbuns had been good, well least the DAB are behaving and that's odd for right now.

Zolomon frowns as the one dibbun cries, he tries to put down two others dibbuns who cry and sits down to look at the hare dibbun "Shhhh...don't jolly well cry tis ok...ummm..all is well...ummm...maybe" As the one dibbun is joined by another on the floor and now its a mellow cream and pumpkin pie finger pain mess all over the kitchen floor, so nice art work! The hares ears droop as he frowns, not good. He looks at Atvi "Don t throw down scones!"

Atvi drops what is left in his paws, did....did the hare just yell at him as she sits and then him and the chair go backwards and he sniffs and cries as he hurt his arm a little, its not broken but it hurts as he cries "You a meanie long ears!!!!"

Krisha speaks "I think he is in the kitchens...with some dibbuns."
Krisha stands slowly and slowly goes to peek in the kitchens, just to check.

One just knows the Friar is about to appear. He's on his way, at least. The otters, meanwhile, step into the Great Hall, and the oldest waves!

"DoraRose! Long time, no see. I, err... I 'eard about... Y'know. Ye 'ave me deepest condolences." As he talks, the two younger otters, Konrad and Rosepaw, look much less enthused to be here at the moment. Konrad in particular looks insanely bored.

DoraRose looks over at the otters and waves. "Lee, hello! Aye, long time, no see." She hesitates, her smile understandably being replaced by a frown. "Thank....thank you. It's....it's been hard," she adds honestly, looking away.

She then goes to take the baby badger from her grandmother, who picks up her staff and hobbles after the female badger. "They better 'ope Lacota doesn't find 'em...." The old Healer looks around the badger, ready to wreak chores upon whoever is causing the mischief!

Squirrelbabe is smiling slightly. Now she can have the DAB act up here soon and no one will be expecting it! Seeing the bored otter, she decides to strike up a conversation with him. Maybe if his family moves to the Abbey, he'd like to join the Dibbuns Against Bedtime! "Hia! Whas you name?"

The leveret hugs the adult hare and sniffles, chewing on a scone. He appears to not be old enough to talk yet. One of the other Dibbuns gets a finger's worth of mellow cream and tries to draw on Zolomon's face. "You needs makeup sos you cans be pretty!"

Oz nods a hello to Lee and the other otters as he listens to what may or may not be going on in the kitchens.

Zolomon on the other paw just looks at the chaos, he has no time to clean the mess as he sits in the middle of it. His face is draw on with mellow creme as he sighs, this is perfect...well not really as he looks at the doorway with fear of what is likely coming. Can he hide in time?

Atvi rubs his eyes and starts to crawl to the door and then stand up as he holds his arm "Ouchiesssssss"

Krisha frowns, she looks at the badger cub and tenses...she will let Dorarose hold her, for now as she looks at Atvi and kneels down, well she is future badger mother so...she can get practice in "Can...can I see....and what is...oh my"The mess she sees and will pick up the vole if she is allowed and slowly stand looking at the mess....yep the hare is doomed

Fortunately for the miscreants in the kitchen, a novice comes up to Angela and whispers to her. The old Healer scowls and heads back to the Infirmary, so they all miss her lecture and punishment. Dora snuggles the baby badger and starts getting the obedient Dibbuns to sit in front of the fire. To keep them occupied, she begins to tell them a funny story about her baby sister when she was a Dibbun and had found a butterfly for the first time. Squirrelbabe is distracted by the story and sits down to listen, as do at least some of the other Dibbuns. The Warrior will stay and help, and give the baby badger back to her mother when it's time. The leveret gasps when Krisha enters the room and covers his eyes, as if that will save him. He'll have to be carried out that way.

"What on earth is goin on in MY Kitchen?" There he is. As that inevitable confrontation goes down, Lee smiles again. "'Ello, Oz. Yer just the badger I was hopin' ta find. I'm sure ye remember Konrad, 'n' Rose... As soon as ye've got some free time, I'd like ta talk to ye..."

Atvi frowns and cries, "Hare is meanie hare!!! he made my arm owie.........."He hugs the badger maid and whimpers, hic ups and is just clearly upset.

Oz nods "I never forget a dibbun Lee and of course...."He frowns as Lacota notices the kitchen and shakes his head."Seems some dibbuns followed Zolomon into the kitchens...." Zolomon the hare in question frowns "I...shhhhs shhhhh"And now other dibbuns are crying, pie and mellow creme is all over!

Krisha carries the dibbun Atvi out and a couple others lucky follow her as she takes a deep breath and speaks "All dibbuns please follow me.....now please"Will they listen to her or...stay in the chaos of the kitchen?

The badger maid is lucky, they listen and follow her back to the great hall....leaving some footprints of pie and mellow cream along the way!

Lee nods again. "Yes, I thought as much. In truth, I'm here to enroll Konrad 'n' Rose in the Abbey School..."

In the Kitchen, Lacota arrives, ready to lecture whomever remains sternly.

Oz smiles "We can discuss that yes...."He listens as the dibbuns come marching in leaving the hare Zolomon in the kitchen with a crying hare dibbun and a couple mice . He looks up at Lacota and frowns "Hi...chap how are you doing?"

Krisha sits down in a chair with the other dibbuns, she speaks quietly "We need to clean you guys up and....say sorry to Friar Lacota...later" She says quietly and will led them to the wash room, then back to the great hall afterwards.

Lacota glowers at the hare. "You... You know what, I shouldn't even be surprised anymore. The dibbuns... They're young, impressionable, don't always know any better. But *YOU*. You're supposed to be an adult, Zolomon. Try to act like one. You're going to completely clean every inch of this kitchen. Starting right now." The squirrel shoves a mop and bucket into the hare's paws. "Hop to it."

Zolomon frowns as the mop and bucket is pushed towards him and the couple crying dibbuns look at him as he sighs "GO ta Ozzy.."The dibbuns walk away slowly as the hare looks at the squirrel, no sense in trying to get out of this one "Yes...s...sir Friar L" he says and then starts moping and cleaning the floor. This will not be a fun afternoon, it will be a long after noon.

The squirrel nods. "This room better be spotless by the time I return..." With that, he leaves the kitchen.

Oz talks with Lee for a little while, speaking of classes and such while half the dibbuns listen to Dorarose and some to Krisha. Oz asks Sister Ginny over and will have the dibbuns all go to Krisha, Dorarose can maybe just have some time with the badger dibbun for a little while if Krisha is ok with that.

Krisha keeps the dibbuns entertained ans every so often looks over at the dibbun badger but manages to focus on the other dibbuns. She teaches them some things about seasonal fruits and veggies and eating healthy. Soon its time for the dibbuns to get ready for dinner, first clean some in dibbun room and make beds, then clean paws for dinner. She stays in the chair quiet.

Oz walks over after things quiet down "You did well with the dibbuns and don't worry about...bout Northstar, she is fine with Dorarose, and it will help get Dorarose's mind off things....you doing ok by the way?"

Krisha shrugs "I....guess...I will be ok. Just getting use to being back is all and miss Xander but he will be fine, I know." She frowns "I wont tell...I will let Dora tell them but what will Lilymoore think when she learns her father...died..OI would be...lost I think"

Oz says, "I don't know, but all will be here to help her....and all is here to help you as well Tea maybe and a chat?"

Krisha smiles "Sure..a talk is always nice" She will get Northstar later, for now a talk and tea time, she will be fine without the cub for an hour...then she can get the cub, eat dinner and go to bed.

Oz enjoys the chat, chats and tea is always good and he too will have dinner but tell the dibbuns a story of Martin the Warrior before bed, then bed time for himself.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer