Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-17 12:09:58 PM

oz

Attack In The Woods

In This Log:

Melantha- Leader of The Black Rose

Ace-Fighter in Mossflower Defenders

Zolomon-Archer in Mossflower Defenders

Misu-  sea Otter maid warrior

Kenya-Dibbun sea otter

Vojin-Head Guard of Ferravale

spoofed weasels and spoofed otters

Log:

Some snow was falling, so much for some shoots of green grass showing earlier today as they will be covered by ½ an inch of snow, not much but still some light snow falls. It also makes tracks, but it one hurries tracks will be covered in the falling snow, so the timing is perfect as a family of otters walk along a path. A short female, a tall male and a little behind playing in the snow is a dibbun.

They are being watched by a couple weasels, who then go to circle around them and try and block their path.

Melantha was out with them today as she watched the otters closely and made a quick note where the dibbun was also. She dusted off her cloak and got closer to the dibbun and smiled “Hello there young one, playing in the snow?”

The dibbun stopped and looked at the cat and smiled “I play..heehehe like snow, it funny!”

The mother turns about now and frowns “Honey..we don't talk to strangers on the road, come here to mama”

The tall otter turns also, but then has a weasel on both sides and barely has time to react, to fight off the beasts.

Melantha sighs, “Really?” She says out loud and shakes her head, she goes to grab the dibbun by the scuff of his neck, if she can.

Ace just happens to be walking along the path, he was out looking for signs of spring and found a small patch of wild cover he decided to get for the infirm, it is a healing herb after all and was just heading back to the abbey when he slowed and listened quietly and quickly noted something wasn't right.

The dibbun otter screams loudly and goes to bite the cat's paw, anything to get loose.

The mother otter gasps and is frozen in fear on what to do. She then goes to run and trips over a snow covered tree root.

Melantha hisses as teeth sink into her paw and she goes to slam the dibbun into a tree, fairly hard as she aims to shut it up...maybe permanently. Get the other too we don't need the useless little brat!”

Ace has his ax out and is quickly heading towards the sounds of  the cry for help.

The male otter soon finds himself with a bleeding leg and is distracted by his mate falling down, just enough to where the two weasels knock him out, and then they go to knock out the otter maid.

The female otter is easy knock out, she isn't a fighter like her husband, not that is is either but he was able to hold off the vermin longer than her.

The young dibbun hits the tree and then falls to the snow, knocked out cold and has a dislocated shoulder and some bleeding by her ear but she is breathing at least so there is hope! But from a distance she looks dead.

Melantha hisses  and her ears are laid back as the snow starts falling more quickly for one of those short bursts of snow, “Grab those 2 otters and let's go..fools..learn to be more quiet”She right away heads down a path.

Both weasels look at one another, each grab an otter and head after the cat. The snow covered their paw prints quickly. The dibbun is left behind.

Ace looks around and grips his ax as he frowns, his eyes then widen as he sees the dibbun and rushes over “No no...come on little one be alive please” He checks for a pulse, he is not good at finding one as he panics a little.

The dibbun, maybe a couple seasons old opens her eyes, “Ouchies....” She mutters and then passes back out.

Ace sighs in relieve and carefully picks up the dibbun, he looks for tracks and frowns, none just great and he heads to the abbey.

Just his luck, though it's not the slavers its just random robber beasts who jump down...3 weasels..what is with weasels today”Lookie here its a headgepig and his arms are too full to fight”

“Yeah we can make it easy or hard....so hand over ya gold and stuff and we lets ya and the little one live, or don't and we just kill ya and take what ever we want anyways.”

Ace stares at the 3 weasels, he has his ax on his back and frowns, he clears his throat “I have no time for ya vermin outta me way I have an injured dibbun to get to the abbey.”

The main weasel smirks as he draws forth cutlass and grins “Wrong answer.”His two friends also draw forth weapons “Hee heee...lets paint the snow red”

An arrow flies threw the air, it's aim true as it hits one of the weasels in the neck, he gurgles and falls over dead leaving just the one and their leader it would seem.

And she picks now to wake up and seeing more vermin starts to cry and shiver in fear...”Bad...bad...gonna dies...”

Ace steps back and looks at the otter “Shhh...it's ok..we will be fine...” He sounds unsure and he hopes the arrow is from someone friendly.

The main weasel blinks and then glares at the hedgehog”I say we let de dibbun be right...ya dies..bye bye”He lunges at the hedgehog.

Another arrow flies but it misses as you hear a grumbling and the archer shows himself to be Zolomon “Great and I only had two arrows...”

All is not lost as a dagger comes flying at the weasels back,...will it hit or miss?

The arrow may of missed the  weasel but it hit the other weasel right in the butt as he yips and and looks panicked “Thar is a arrow in my butt!” Only he didn't say butt...

Ace grips the dibbun in his arms and kicks out at the weasel leaping at him . He goes get a slice to the arm, not deep, as he turned sideways as he kicked. He sees the hare and speaks “Zolomon help already!”

The main weasel is kicked in the gut and gasps for air, he growls and goes to deliver a fatal blow when....he stumbles and falls forward the dagger deep into his back...he is dead.

Zolomon gets into a fighter pose and looks at the weasel left, “I say pal maybe ya should run”

“Running is good.....” Says a voice all mono toned from by a tree, or maybe they are elsewhere.

The dibbun blinks “Butt....butt” Hee heee...again not the word butt.

The weasel just looks at the hare and glares “You shot me in the butt!” He gets out his cutlass and leaps at the hare.

Zolomon sidesteps rather quickly as he glares “Your rude chap try and slay a beast who cant jolly well fight back.

A dirk comes flying from  behind a tree as a sea otter maid shows herself “Your language stops now....no one teaches dibbuns bad words”

The weasel misses the hare as his cutlass is stuck in a tree, as he growls and tries to free it he hears the sea otter and starts to sat something when the dirk hits his chest and ends his life.

Zolomon backs up and goes over to Ace “Ace..you ok?”

Ace eyes widen and then he nods “Yeah...”He nods to the sea otter “Thanks..misss?”

“Misu..you should get her to the abbey and your bleeding. It enough bleeding happens you die.”She then turns to walk off but not before getting her dagger and dirk back from the weasels.

The dibbun listens “Die.....die bad”

Vojin walks in just missing the sea otter leaving and frowns "What happen here...."He notices the weasels "I saw these beasts a couple days ok..robber beasts. You guys ok?"

Zolomon nods "Yes chap"

Ace just watches the otter maid walk off and looks at Zolomon”She is...ummm...strange”He frowns "Maybe these here, not one I seen leaving, but the snow covered thier tracks and there may of been a larger beast...cat maybe, maybe another weasel dont know..."

Zolomon nods “Yeah..let's get you to the abbey.”

Vojin frowns "Get to the abbey I need to make a report to my chieftain" And he is off before they can answer.

Ace nods and hands the dibbun to Zolomon “Here you carry her.”

The dibbun otter smiles “Me is Kenya....your ears too long” She says and snuggles close to the hare being quiet most of the trip and in fact is asleep before they get to the abbey.

Zolomon smiles at the dibbun and holds her close and he makes sure Ace gets to the abbey safe also.”Maybe that Misu could join the jolly Mossflower  Defenders”

Ace shrugs “Maybe lets just get my arm tended to”

Zolomon nods as he gets them to the abbey safe and sound.

Last edited by oz (2018-03-17 12:28:42 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer