Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-17 02:13:28 PM

oz

Lunch Time Before Class-Redwall Log

Oz-Papa Oz/ Badger Mother

Chestnut-cook for Mossflower Defenders

Flametail-Warrior in Mossflower Defenders

==The Log, Lunch in Cavern Hole ==

Flametail enters the room walking slowly, she sleep in late and so missed breakfast and now its lunch time so she is extra hungry. She gets some soup and an extra roll, and some fresh water and sits down.

Oz is here with the dibbuns when the squirrel enters, he nods a hello and listens, he can pick up small signs when one has overslept in foot paws and the fact he knows whom is usually at a meal and not at one "Oversleep Flametail or were you elsewhere earlier?"

Flametail blinks and looks over "Oversleep...guess need some action or something, getting to use to abbey life but its better than the woods in winter. Lot warmer here after all sir and better food"

Oz chuckles "A lot like the abbey food, not meet anyone whom didn't like the food."

Flametail shrugs "Never know there may be someone who dislikes it, then again" She smiles as she eats her soup and 2nd roll."They are rare if they even are around"

Chestnut makes his way into the large room, one may say oh no a hare run! But most are use to him when he visits as he gets a pasty and some tea, he decides to get an apple today also and sits close to the badger and squirrel."Good day..hallo"

Oz nods a hello" Greetings Chestnut, how are you today?"

Flametail shakes her head "You would be stared at if the Long Patrol ever came around...a hare that]t hardly eats much is odd" She smiles"And he is a cook, the only hare cook that won't eat like ha]f the food he makes"

Chestnut shallows a bite of apple" Not cause its not good, I am a fine cook, but I also eat small meals and 3 a day...maybe a snack sometimes. I cook a lot for The Mossflower Defenders and they are happy. I would sometime like to cook a dish for a Redwall Feast sometime though"

Oz says, "You're need to ask Friar Lacota that, he is in charge of the abbey kitchens and meals"

Flametail says, "I hope the Friar is a]round for seasons to come," She finishes her water and gets more soup, hey she missed breakfast and look...desert is apple pie"Yum"

Chestnut nods as he sips his tea " I will ask later maybe, maybe Spring Feast perhaps"

Oz says, "I hope shorty after spring my nephew is back, I do miss him."

Flametail says, "Oh yeah...Xander, well things been quiet on the roads and such and that's good. The Mossflower Defenders not needed to do much but I do know we are staying in shape and using that practice field by the base for training. I am sure all is well with them too, I mean exploring,what was it ruins or something?"

Chestnut nods "I think. I bet they miss my cooking as well as miss the abbey's cooking"

Oz nods as he sips his own tea "Yes Xander. Then it also may be good for him to get away a little while, he and his new mate Krisha"

Flametail blinks "Oh yeah Xander did get married..well." She smiles "Almost forgot, yeah time away is good and to see other lands." She frowns "I wonder how my friend Varsha is, she sort of sneaked into their little I am coming along group, I do hope she hasn't caused a lot of trouble"

Chestnut says, "one never knows Flametail. i am sure Xander is keeping her in line and its not like they can tell her go home, well maybe a day or so into the trip but not now. I am sure she is fine and who knows maybe she will learn something on this trip"

Flametail asks, "Learn what? She is a wild child, yes a child still...a teen she has a season or two till she is of adult seasons and she acts like a dibbun at times."

Oz says, "She is fine with Xander not to worry. He will protect her"

Chestnut looks between them as he finishes his small lunch"Well we shall see when she returns I suppose and not to worry she will return safe and sound as Oz says, she is well protected."

Flametail rolls her eyes "Not concern....well yes for safety as she tends to get into danger, more worried she is driving others insane"

Oz says, "I am sure all is well, we would hear if it wasn't I am sure as a bat named Moonbeam went as well and she is a messenger if need be, she could fly here if they needed to mention anything important."

Flametail says, "Well....yeah...suppose so but its not like we have kept them up to date then guess not much has happen....well not really"

Chestnut frowns "One issue, but that's has been requested to be taken care of by only the gate keeper when they return.."

Oz raises an eyebrow and then frowns, oh yes Brother Leon's death, he sighs as he finishes his tea"Yes...." He clears his throat as he stands "I need to get get back over to the dibbuns, We have a math class soon"

Flametail nods slowly and hmms "How do you teach math, not to be...just curious seeing as your blind and all"

Chestnut speaks up "Don't be rude lass."

Oz raises a paw to be quiet and not argue "Simple....I know how many buttons or beads is in my paw when they count then into my paw or take some away. I also have shapes out of wood to teach shapes and I can feel the shape I hold and show. Sister Ginny helps with colors and writing/ reading and sometimes a novice will help in reading class as well. History is remembered and so spoken in a lesson, as is the charter and abbey ways and rules"He smiles."Care to sit in and watch a class, maybe help if like with a lesson?"

Flametail frowns "Not being rude..."She listens to Oz and smiles "I could tell a story and don't worry its not scary, its one of those that like teaches a lesson, this one is about a mouse that was a different color than everyone else and the story shows we all fit in and shouldn't be judged or pushed aside, we are can be friends and just cause one is different than you, they can still be a friend"

Chestnut smiles as he listens, "I will see you later I must get back to the Mossflower Defenders base. I plan to make a apple and walnut pie, with honey on top for a treat"

Oz nods "Come along Flametail you are welcome to tell a story they do like new storys and will be sure to listen to it after math class"

Flametail smiles, she looks to Chestnut "Save me some and do keep that fool Zolomon away from it"She goes to follow the badger to class.

Chestnut chuckles "I will try lass, I WILL try"

Class goes well, there is Math class and then the story and then some fun in some fresh fallen snow!

Last edited by oz (2018-02-17 02:34:42 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer