Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-15 09:18:58 PM

oz

Translating The Tablet-Willlowbark Abbey TP

In This Log::
Gorvenalus-Recorder of Redwall Abbey...Tempary Abbot of Willowbark Abbey

Lilymoore-Bell Ringer of Redwall

Moonbeam-Messenger for Mossflower Defenders

Rupert-Recorder of Ferravale

Varsha-Member of Mossflower Defenders and Healer in Traininmg

assorted Willowbark Beasts

log:

Gorvenalus sat at his desk, then he got up and paced back and forth as again he felt restless and unuse to the room, in fact he had yet to sleep in the bed, choosing instead the guest room with the others, though the last couple days the infirm was his choice of a spot to sleep.

LilyMoore has found the beaver's office, and now is knocking on the door. "Gorvenalus? You in here?" She's wearing a habit just like what the creatures here wear, and her fur is slightly damp.

Gorvenalus looks over at the mouse maid and blinks "What happen to you?" He walks over
LilyMoore smiles and holds out her arms, letting the sleeves hang down in a similar fashion to wings. "well, I had put on my last clean outfit and I was gonna do my laundry. As I was walking to the pool, one of the Abbey beasts offered to clean my clothes for me. By then we had gotten to the pool, and I took her up on her offer, but then I slipped into the pool." She lets her arms fall to her sides. "I got out and she loaned me one of her clean habits to wear while all my clothes dry." She peeks around him. "You have an office?"

Gorvenalus nods, he smiles a little "Yes...sort of like Benar I guess" He frowns as he sits down, he looks up at the door as if he is expecting someone and at the same time not wishing to.
LilyMoore follows the beaver in. "Oh, yeah, he has an office. I've been in there.....I used to be....well.....kind of dastardly." She looks to the door when he does. "You okay?"

Gorvenalus says, "I am...fine just not use to this, it should feel right to be here and yet it doesn't"

LilyMoore nods. "Well, yeah. You spent so long believing that everybeast here was dead, yet they're not. And everything here is so different than it was before Quade came. Of course you're going to feel like everything's not right."

Gorvenalus sighs "Perhaps your right, and I am...for now...Abbot here, and I have 2 missing beasts...hopeful no more and an ill beast in the infirm"

LilyMoore frowns. "Oh, no! Who's missing? Maybe I can help find them. I can climb trees really well." Yeah, like a squirrel.

Gorvenalus says, "Xander and Minsc and I know Karth is looking for them....just so he doesn't end up missing as well"

LilyMoore's eyes widen. "When did they leave? When did they go missing? Maybe somebeast saw something?" She's balancing on the balls of her feet now, as if she's about to take flight and find them all on her own. But she won't; she's not dumb.

Gorvenalus frowns "Yesterday....in fact I have not seen Xander since that Ferret showed up...and Xander went for a walk he said, I do hope he inst in trouble as fist Minsc went looking for him and didn't return and now Karth looks for them both. I rather Xander not be ...hurt or worse, Krisha needs him right now."

LilyMoore frowns. "Maybe we should make search parties? The beasts you live here know the island better than we Redwallers do. Are there any beasts who are good trackers?" She's suddenly wishing that her mother or uncle were here; they would be such a great help. "And what's wrong with Krisha?"

Gorvenalus nods "I know one willowbark beast went with Karth...Ping in fact and I am unsure what is wrong with Krisha she passed out, she may be having some problems with her unborn child...I don't know. she is on bed rest and I refuse to let her know her mate is missing, stress is something she doesn't need right now"

LilyMoore's eyes widen again. "Oh, no, poor Krisha. Oh my goodness, yes, I won't tell her at all....but what if she asks where he is?" She doesn't really remember who Ping is.

Gorvenalus says, "I do not know and will figure it out. Right now I hope to finally translate the tablet that was fixed and brought with us and my Grandmother Sister Elma I was told can read it hopefully""

LilyMoore senses that the beaver wants to change the subject,a and so goes with it. "Oh, your grandmother is here? I'd love to meet her, if that's okay."

Gorvenalus smiles pose smiles "We shall see...." Then a voice "See what Gorvie...." The beaver frowns as a very elderly  beaver comes in with a staff, she smiles as she walks over "Brother Trifacus mentioned a tablet in old paw?" Gorvenalus nods and shows her as she looks it over "Well..."

Gorvenalus asks, "So can you read it?" He asks...and gets a nod "Yes I can....""

LilyMoore respectfully nods to the elderly beaver, then, when she's not looking, glances at the Recorder/Abbot. 'Gorvie?' she silently mouths.

Gorvenalus frowns, he dislikes the nickname...well maybe, its one of those you think you do but deep down would miss hearing it. The old beaver nods a hello "Greetings I am Sister Elma its nice to meet one of my grandsons friends now...oh yes the tablet...."

A face of the past shall return
What was taken finds its way back to gain rightful place
The knight who lost hope and light is filled again so no concern
Another returns also but questions on where, answers should not race
Here or there an answer and a new rank made true
Listen to your heart and answers will come to light
Let others be ever true
Your heart has the answer ,so listen with all your might

LilyMoore curtseys to the female beaver, then quietly grabs a pen and a piece of paper and scribbles down the translation. When the Sister is done speaking, the mouse holds out the paper. "Did I get it all, Miss Elma?" Glancing at the tablet, she adds, "Was that a prophecy?"

The beaver nods "Yes lass you did and it seems so.....face from the past returned..." Gorvenalus hmmms"Me and..Minsc maybe..."

LilyMoore looks at the writing, smiling satisfactorily. "Yeah, that'd probably be you 2. Well, cool. Now you can study it and try to figure out what it means. Just lemme copy it down so it's a bit neater." Just as she finishes doing that, a Willowbark mouse peeks in. "Miss LilyMoore? I think your clothes are dry." The Redwaller smiles and hugs Gorvenalus. "I better go. I'll be back later!" She waves and runs off with the islander mouse, accidentally taking the original of what the tablet says with her.

Gorvenalus studied the paper, it was ok as Sister Elma had a good memory and remembered what it said.There was also the tablet still to look at."Its as if....well seems to be reading about myself maybe and Minsc as we were taken as slaves by Quade and taken away and we have returned after being free. The tablet was found in some old mines, broken in half but later fixed and no other tablets were found"

Rupert pokes his head into the room "I must say have you finally translated the tablet? Good...so where do we head back?"

Gorvenalus frowns "Head back? We just got here Rupert and...and Xander and Minsc are missing, no one knows where they are and Karth went to look for them" He glaces at the paper again and looked to Sister Elma"Grandmother could you call a meeting and tell them I will be there soon...everyone that can come...Redwall beasts and Willowbark beasts please."
He gets a nod as the older beaver heads off and he sits down,"So much going on and we have yet to honor the lost from that horrible day Quade attacked."

Rupert jaw drops open "M...MISSING?!"

Gorvenalus frowns "calm yourself please"

A short while later most were in the Main Hall for a meeting. The only ones not there was Minsc, Ping and a couple beasts in the infirm with Krisha. It was clear not many beasts lived at the abbey now. Brother Ulraunt and Brother Trifacus was there. A couple squirrels, a vole, a shrew whom sat close to Flea. A couple mice were here also, as well as an otter. A couple rabbits quietly wait.

Sister Elma came forwards” I shall recite what the tablet said.

A face of the past shall return
What was taken finds its way back to gain rightful place
The knight who lost hope and light is filled again so no concern
Another returns also but questions on where, answers should not race
Here or there an answer and a new rank made true
Listen to your heart and answers will come to light
Let others be ever true
Your heart has the answer ,so listen with all your might

Rupert listens closely as he sits down to help figure it out”A new rank made true? Whats par say is that like a new job entirely?”

“ No one knows yet, maybe” The Recorder Brother Ulraunt states.”We should look at it line by line”

Gorvenalus nods, “ Brother Ulranut is correct, the first line says...A face of the past shall return...my thoughts are me and Minsc perhaps, it could be some beast else and it says face not faces”

Rupert speaks ” clearly  What was taken finds its way back to gain rightful place is Minsc as the next line mentions Knight, is he not a nice?”

Trifacus nods,” He is yes sir Minsc is a knight and thus the reason he is champion and protector as one day young Chip may be”

Chip shrugs ” Maybe but dad is back so hopefully not too soon”

Yasmine comes into the room slowly” What is the meeting about?” She holds her staff close and after finding a chair sits down.

Rupert speaks up “Reading of the tablet or its translation anyways lass”

“ It mentions another returning also so two....but they have questions I may...know” Gorvenalus says quietly.

“Whom?” Brother Trifacus asks”Questions on what...rank or job?”

Varsha has been half listening and yawns, but she has her moments “Also says listen to your heart and let others like help you maybe. Like only you know...well you best right? So sit and like mediate or something and think on it and its right in not a race like don't rush into a decision as its most likely important and like....your life and what and where you call home”

Gorvenalus stares at Varsha and smiles. After a while he stands “Lets end the meeting for tonight. Before we do head to bed any news I need to know?”

Moonbeam raises a wing”Karth and Xander, as well as Minsc all have yet to return”

“Ping is missing now too” A voice says.

Gorvenalus nods “Yes, but no one is going out at night....Tally, can you look at first light?”

Tally nods “For you of course abbot for sleep tonight, then I shall take flight to look at first light”

Gorvenalus nods his thanks and heads to bed, letting Trifacus dismiss the crowd, he needs some sleep.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#2 2018-02-17 10:47:58 AM

Karth Riverbark

Re: Translating The Tablet-Willlowbark Abbey TP

Flea was there, he was just being quiet.

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

#3 2018-02-22 04:12:08 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Re: Translating The Tablet-Willlowbark Abbey TP

Lily was there, studying her copy of the translation and trying to figure it out quietly while listening to what everyone else was saying.

Board footer