Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-30 03:07:37 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

DoraRose is a bad example, LOL. (RW log)

SCENE: Redwall Abbey Open Ground

CHARACTERS: Oz, a male badger.  DoraRose, a female mouse.  Ace, a male hedgehog.  Various spoofs.

LOG:
Oz was out in the open ground today as he listened to the dibbuns play in the freshly fallen snow. He leaned on his staff slightly and grumbled about ice and how annoying it was as he was beside Sister Ginny, a couple novice keep an eye on the dibbuns and one...novice seemed to join in a snowball fight or was...wait no the target of said snowball fight.

DoraRose comes out of the gatehouse, dressed in her dress, tunic, and apron, with a cloak, hat, mittens, and scarf adding warmth.  She walks over and watches the Dibbuns, then, smiling slightly, bends down and scoops up a double pawful of snow.  Standing back up, she packs it into a ball and lobs it with terrific aim at the poor, hapless, set-upon Novice!

The novice gasps and just looks ready to give up and go inside as he mutters "Done with this" and is inside soon. The badger sighs and listens to some ahhhs and one giggle and smiles a little.

DoraRose makes another snowball and lobs it at a Dibbun!  Because who said that she has to be a good example today?  Walking a little closer to the other adults, she calls out, "Good day, Oz, Sister Ginny!"  She forms another snowball, probably getting smacked a few herself, and chucks it at another Dibbun.

Oz smiles "Greetings Dorarose, how are you today. I would be careful there is some ice in places saddly, to which I disliek greatly"

DoraRose grins and starts making another snowball.  "Oh, I guess I'm okay.  I once heard that spending time with young ones heals the soul, so I decided to come out and help you with the Dibbuns."  She tosses the snowball from paw to paw.  "Who should I throw my snowball at, do y'think?  And thanks, I'll keep watch for ice patches.  Are you sure you want to be out here?"

Oz nods as he starts to walk over to a crying dibbun who fell facefirst in the snow "I am fine..." And then his footpaw finds ice and he falls onto his bottom and frowns, a couple dibbuns  walk over "You okie Papa Oz?" asks one and the badger nods "Yes, just slightly sore but I am ok" The dibbuns smile and go back to a snowball fight, but a couple start to build a snowman.

DoraRose drops her snowball and rushes over to help her friend back up.  "Like I said, are you sure you want to be out here, Oz?"  She says this gently.

Oz allows any help up, he also uses the staff to help himself stand "I am with the dibbuns most of the time and they are out here and so should I be. The ice wouldn't...well maybe it still would be a problem even if I wasn't blind, otherwise I grew up in a place with snow and ice." The 2 dibbuns making a snow beast are making what looks like an otter maybe, with a red button nose and two bits of rock for eyes. Sister Ginny is watching some others have a snowball fight.

DoraRose has so totally helped her friend stand up.  Smiling, she goes to brush some snow off of his back.  "Well, okay, you have a point.  Just, please be more careful, okay?"  She looks over the Dibbun's activities, smiling softly. 

Oz nods "I know and age doesn't help but do not worry on my age, I feel fine and plan to be around many seasons as badgers do tend to live a long while and...well most in my family has...Uncle Zee did"

DoraRose nods and makes another snowball.  "Aye, badgers seem to be the longest lived of all creatures...although I think my grandmother is trying to prove that mice can do it, too," she adds with a laugh.  She then brings back her arm and chucks the snowball at Sister Ginny, then quickly turns so it looks like she was only talking to the Badger Papa.  Hopefully the hedgehog didn't notice that she had done it!

Oz nods "Yes...how is Angela doing by the way?"

Ace walks along the path of the abbey as some snow starts to fall, he grins as it seems he likes the snow.

DoraRose holds out a paw.  "Oop, it's snowing again!"  She gathers more snow and, after forming it into a snowball, chucks it at Sister Ginny once again!  She refuses to look at the badger's face, even though she knows he's blind.  She just can't.  "Oh, Nana....Nana's, um, about as fine as you can expect."  She says with false cheerfullness.  "Beasts have been asking her to become....Master Healer, but.....but she says she's too old.  She's rather be able to work her own hours.  She says that Brother Rafael has great potential."

Oz nods "Brother Raphael is good and even keeps the ABC order it seems or so I heard. I did talk to him on adding mint to some things as it hides a not so good taste of the herbs at times when they are needed to take. I may have to talk to him or Angela on getting some herbs for my knee, it is acting up again at times, most likely due to the cold."

Ace walks over to the others, he almost slips on some ice as he speaks "It is cold, but then again it is winter time as well my friends. I LOVE WINTER...well the snow, not the jolly cold. Otherwise its a fine day indeed"

DoraRose raises an eyebrow at the hedgehog as she ducks a stray snowball from the group of dastardly snowball-chucking Dibbuns.  "It is pretty, isn't it?  I enjoy being able to dig out sweaters and mittens and things."

Oz sighs as he decides to go in, he is limping slightly as his knee is acting up. Sister Ginny starts to yell about a snowball and frowns as she watches Oz go inside, but someone needs to stay with the dibbuns so she does and makes sure none follow the badgermother inside.   

Ace blinks "Is he ok?" He asks as he watches the badger head inside "Something I said?"

DoraRose shakes her head as the Dibbuns pleasantly ignore the Order Sister yelling at them, and, after being reassured that the Badger Father will be back soon, go back to their games.  "Oh, it's not something you said," the warrior mouse assures the male hedgehog.  "He just has a bad knee that the cold makes worse.  And he just slipped on some ice a little bit ago.  I think he's just going to go sit down for a little bit."

Ace says, "My guess is he hurt his knee, he should talk to one of the healers on duty or have one check on him"

DoraRose nods.  "Oh, I'm sure he will....eventually."  She then ducks another snowball, and a different snowball goes flying towards the male hedgehog!  The Dibbuns are screaming with delight as the snowball fight picks up, and they start missing each other more.  The more placid Dibbuns are now building a female snow otter to go with their snowman otter.

~*~

And so the crazy Dibbuns had fun while the adults tried to not get smacked with snowballs.  xD

Thanks for reading!

Board footer