Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-30 12:14:50 PM

oz

A Dibbun Comes Home

Log:
Oz-papa Oz and Redwall Badger Mother

Torry- A long lost dibbun, now teen....

Log:::

RW Abbey: Great Hall
The Great Hall of Redwall Abbey. Countless paw falls have echoed from these stones, and untold numbers of feasts and merry gatherings have been held here.  A table, not nearly so grand or large as its predecessors, but quite functional for mealtimes, rests near the center of the hall. Chairs exist here aplenty, and they are all of a matching set. High above, the stain glass windows give the Great Hall a beautiful appearance.  The glasswork is exceptionally done, crafted by a skilled artist.  The floor is clean and swept. A fire is kept burning in the fireplace at almost all times of the day and night, and there are several more comfortable chairs and cushions set up here, of varying sizes. One looks large enough to easily accommodate a badger.

The Tapestry hangs proud and tall, and while the rest of Redwall may still bear the scars of natural disaster, this most famous of Redwall's relics remains unharmed by beast, time, or the elements. The figure of Martin the Warrior seems to be watching over his own with an unchanging, kindly gaze.

Soft light is slowly beginning to filter in through the stained glass windows high above your head.

Torry is steady staring at the tapestry; the squirrel looks much worse for wear than most around the abbey... His habit looked a bit small on him, was torn in places, and his fur looked all scruffy and dirty, like he was wild or something. But, he was crying while staring, so he most likely wasn't a wild beast...

Oz is doing what he normally does at this time of day, have a quiet cup of tea in his chair while the dibbuns are in class for the next hour. He pauses for a moment as if he can sense someone else is in the room, he then hmmmms softly and goes to sit down in a his soft chair and takes a sip of his mint tea.   

Torry rather noticeably flinches at the sound of someone sitting; being out in the woods for so long, all noise made him quite jumpy. Wiping his eyes on his arm as quick as he could, he turned around to stare at the other for a moment...   

Oz arches an eyebrow as he sits his mug of still half full tea down "Who is there?"

Torry leaves the tapestry behind, headed for where Oz was sitting without saying a word. Maybe he forgot how to talk?   

Oz frowns, he knows most here as he knows voices and foot paws and keep it all in his memory and it usually takes maybe a day or two at most to remember any new beasts. But this beast seems...not so new to him, he knows them but being blind it’s not as easy to quickly know whom one is that’s been away so long as he tilts his head and seems to listen and there is always sense of smell to help one also at times. "I know you..." The badger says softly. “But your...been away a long while"   

Torry approaches Oz with a look of complete disbelief on his face. It really was someone he knew... He was afraid that everyone would be gone by now! Of course, that was the dibbun that he still technically was talking, being afraid of losing the world all over that one silly "adventure" he decided to have so long ago... The tears came right back to his eyes. "Oz...?"   

Oz now hears the voice, he does know that voice even if its slightly deeper maybe due to being older as most lose their small dibbunish as they grow older..."Torry?"   

Torry sniffles, wiping his eyes on his habit once more. "Torry..." he says, clearly choking up now. "I... I was scared that... no one would be here."   

Oz is unsure of the other's reaction but he does know it is for sure Torry now as he stands slowly and goes to hug the squirrel, if he allows and if he doesn’t that’s fine. "Torry...your home, where in the seasons have you been....no matter, what matters is your home that’s what is important"   

Torry flinches once again, this time from being hugged. It took him a moment to react with a hug of his own, sobbing softly. "I was stupid... I went to adventure, and go lost... Nothing feels right anymore..."

Oz tries his best to comfort him "Its fine, your home now Torry and I am sure others will be glad as well. I can ask Friar Lactoa to get you something to eat and...have someone find Brother Leo...Leon..." He frowns "I mean Brother Rapahel or Angela maybe if a healer is needed"

Torry sniffles, but smiles up at the badger. Even through the tears, he looked plum happy to be back home once again. "I'm fine... I mean, on being hurt... But some real food would be nice..." he says; as if on cue, his stomach growled. Living off of berries, grass and leaves had the poor boy in a constant state of hunger! Made him skinny, too...   

Oz smiles, he is glad he is back as well. "Let’s get you something to eat I am sure Friar Lacota would not mind too much"   

Torry nods; not that he knew Oz wouldn't see it... "Sounds great!"   

Oz smiles and nods as he leads him to the kitchens and the cook on duty agrees to let him have some vegetable soup, a couple rolls and a slice of apple pie, it is for someone who has returned after a long while after all.   

Torry follows Oz, holding his stomach. He forgot how hungry he was for a bit there. Having some real food for the first time in years... Well, needless to say, he still had the manners of a dibbun, and made a complete pig of himself, eating his fill!   

Oz stays close, the cook blinks and, maybe he will be grumbled at later by the faire but he lets Torry have a couple servings of the soup and maybe an extra slice of pie as Oz then speaks "There is still some here that will remember you I am sure and..well sadly some have passed on to the dark forest. Our Abbot is Benar now, I believe you knew Abbot Lorimis."

Torry was way too hungry for his own good; eating like he'd never eaten before! He glanced up to Oz with a weak little smile on his face, though, nodding. "Yeah... I knew him... We were prisoners together once." he says; as a bit of a thought, he fished out the old rat-tail necklace from his ratty habit, holding it up to the badger for him to (not) see. "I still have something from that time."

Oz nods as he listens, "Abbot Lormis has passed on to the dark forest.....I am unsure whom else you remember that may or may not be here still"

Torry scratches his head. Names were a bit hard to remember after so long, but one came to mind quickly - "...Oak?"   

Oz says, "Yes Oak...he is gone as well...but there is a rat named Patch, who is sort of like Oak and think he knew him. Our Recorder is Brother Gorvenalus now and Lacota is still Friar of course...we sadly lost Brother Leon about 2...almost 3 weeks ago now. Ferravale is still around and Scioto's daughter Blisa is chieftain"

Torry bites his lip at that - Oak had declared Torry his son around that time, as he recalled. Now he was, evidently, alone again in that regard. Though the last bit made him look confused. "Um... Ferravale?"

Oz says, "Ferravale is a mostly vermin city we have a peace treaty with, north of the abbey. They are friends and have helped us .....hmmmms do you remember a Marek by any chance?"

Torry scratches his head a bit. "I can't really think of a name like that that I'd remember... Why?    “

Oz nods "He has once been evil but reformed and is a friend to the abbey now, he is ambassador of Ferravale in fact and owns the tavern there. Let’s see....Dorarose is around, she is gatekeeper." He smiles at memories "You probably knew my brother Zork....he was blacksmith for a while, even became a Brother in the order surprising a lot, including me"   

Torry nod nods once again. That was familiar. "What about... The champion?"   

Oz frowns "No one knows what happen to him, he left...disappeared and is thought dead. His mate Rayen left..maybe to find him, or I don't know really. Magramba is champion now as the blade was passed down and that was before the former champion disappeared"

Torry nods. "Flicktail..." he mumbles to himself, before tucking back in.

Oz nods "Yeah..Flicky. Maybe he is happy where ever he is. A lot has changed, some good and some bad...friends lost but some new friends to meet also"   

Torry nibbles on his slice of pie, sighing wistfully. "It's... going to be weird, isn't it?"

Oz says, "Maybe, but your find your still be welcomed back and you can get to know others...I know you should know Benar and Lacota....maybe not some others, and there is still dibbuns around and some older ones who may remember you."

Torry nods, though he gives another sigh. "I hope you're right..."   

Oz gives him a reassuring smile "I am sure I am. I am glad you are back Torry..I missed you and as said I am most likely not the only one...I need to get back to the dibbuns...you are welcome to come along if you would like, or see if you can find any other beast around."   

Torry smiles sadly up to him. Oh, there were memories there, too... "I think I'm going to try to find others... It's been too long..."   

Oz nods, he will give another hug if allowed before he heads off "Welcome back Torry"   

Torry pauses his eating, but hugs him back with a smile.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer