Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-09 03:35:33 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Oh, yeah, BTW, Scioto was murdered :P (IC FV log)

SCENE: Ferravale Chieftain's office.

CHARACTERS: Sarnith, a male ferret.  Ferdinand, a male ferret; Blisa, a female cat; Clarissa, a female rat.

LOG:
He doesn't know why, at least at first, he keeps coming back to this town, since leaving Sarnith has set up more than one home and somehow, he ends up back in Ferravale. His reasons for being here are rather simple, he needs to see about getting back into the carpenters shop, for the simple reason of measuring some of the bench bound tools that he couldn't take with him when he did leave. Figuring that he would need some kind of permission he went to the chieftains home, figuring that he would need to see or speak with Scioto to arrange that as he doesn't own the shop anymore. That and no one seems to be answering the shops door at the moment. So entering the office the ferret is expecting to see Scioto, as he didn't stop by the tavern before hand and not having been back for the last few seasons he is unaware of any changes in leadership.

And who should he walk in on but Blisa, doing paperwork!  The young cat looks up and glares at him.  "Excuse me?  And who are you?  Don't you know how to knock?"  Ferdinand is here in one corner, weaving on a loom.  He glares past the intruding ferret at the guard, who looks genuinely afraid.  Clarissa has never met the carpenter, and she's stands, paw on one of her 13 throwing knives, her fishing net falling to the floor.  "Aye," growls the rat.  "Who are ye, and what do ya want?"

Walking into a room full of strangers does give the hob pause, he doesn't really recognize any beast but Ferdinand at first, and can't place where he knows him from either. Pausing, then taking a step back Sarnith apologizes saying " Serry, didn' knew dat Scioto wern' bein's in. " With that the ferret starts to turn to go, then stops and half turns back, looking at Blisa. No, he thinks, that can't be. Not the little fluff ball that used to pester him about toys. It wasn't all that long ago was it? Well, maybe it was? Looking closer now he does realize that the little kitten that he vaguely remembers is in fact sitting in her father's chair now, which makes his thoughts turn to where Scioto is.

Blisa's ear twitches.  "Why are you staring at me like that?  Who are you, and what do want....with my father?"  Clarissa is still standing there threateningly.  Ferdinand is the only one who seems relaxed.  Sitting back, he crosses his arms across his chest and says in a friendly tone, "Tharnith, right?  The carpenter?  You've been gone a while."

It's Blisa talking that confirms the last bit for Sarnith, it's definitely that little kitten that used to be the terror of his shop. Taking a moment to register Ferdinand and Blisa's words the hob waves a paw about gesturing confusion for a moment before answering both of them "Well's all's be'd yew's godd'ed a lo' big'erd! An, Ferdi? Were's et? Yar, I's use'd der's run der's carp'in shop, been'd a while's dough." At that the ferrets words run out for a moment, then he seems to remember why it was that he had stopped by. "Whur's be'd dat Scioto? I's didn' thin' dat's yew'sd be a runnin thin's fer 'im. I's wan'ed ter's stop by der's old shop's der's look et summat."

Blisa blinks in utter confusion.  Ferdinand, however, is used to trying to understand what people are saying, and so he simply says, "Aye, Blitha has gotten big, hathn't the?  And pleathe, call me Ferdinand, not Ferdi."  He gestures at the former sea rat, and Clarissa scowls, but sits back down, making sure that her fishing net isn't tangled up.  The young cat has been slowly deciphering the carpenter's difficult speech, silently filled with relief that her Head Bodyguard understood the first bit.  "Well, Sarnith, welcome back to Ferravale.  I...I'm sorry to say that....my father....my father was murdered.  I am Chieftain now.  Perhaps I can help you?"  Her face is now hard and expressionless, as it gets when she has to talk about the late Scioto, but her tone is friendly now.

What was something of a crooked grin forming stalls for a moment, then resumes spreading. " Well's, I'sd be'ds serry ter's 'ere's dat's. On der's any 'ow's I'sd 'add lef' a few's moun'ed tool's in der's shop dat's I'sll like ter's take a few's measuin's frum if dat's ok wit yew's? I's 'ried der's door bud's no's one were's an'srin. In shor, I's didn' wan der's break's in if sum udder's beas' were's a runnin et's nowish. " After the words the hob seems to think of something else has a look of slight concentration on his face, then seems to drop the idea and go on. "I's never's di' make all o dem lil ting's yew's wan'ed did's I's?... Well, if nuttin else's I's has'd some's o em's bac'd at der's new's place naow's. "

Blisa opens her mouth a little.  "Uh..."  Ferdinand covers his mouth with a paw to stifle a smile and a small guffaw.  The young cat looks out the window for a few moments, then says, "Um, yeah, I can....I can let you in.  Do you have, uh, your measuring tape or whatever with you?"  She starts stacking all the papers and putting paperweights on various different stacks.  Clarissa is staring in slight awe at the carpenter; she has no idea what he said.  Ferdinand now says in a laughing voice, "Oh, yeth, I remember uth ordering thothe.  I perthonally would like to at leatht thee how they turned out."

The hob produces a long narrow roll of paper, saying " I'sd godd's wud I's need's righ's der's. " Turning to Ferdinand Sarnith goes on with "Well's I's be'sd quite's a bid's away's frum 'ere's naow's, bud if yer's be'd willin's der's goes's ou' der's I'dds take yer's, dat's er's I's coul' see's abou' gettin's sum o et's 'ere's." Looking lastly at the rat the ferret comments "When's didjer's star' der's employin's dem'd rat's? Da'un look'd like a see'd vermun'. Atleas' dat's whud I's say'd yer's look'ed like's." Back to Blisa "Corse, yew's didn' say if der's were'd a beas' a runnin da' place'd now, was der's?"

Blisa is finding this conversation slightly bewildering. Standing, she rummages around in a drawer, looking for her spare keys to all the businesses in town. She chucked it in here when she arrived this morning, but she can't find the keyring now. "Uh, well, we do have somebeast working in your shop most days, but when you left, we were hoping you'd come back again. Are you saying that you have a shop somewhere else? If that's the case, then we may make that beast our permanent carpenter." Clarissa looks helplessly at her boss. "What's he even /sayin'/?!" Ferdinand is struggling to not laugh. "Oh, yeah, the'th a former thea rat. We hired her many theasonth back. The'th good, though. Trutht her completely." Standing, he stretches and leads the way, guiding hopelessly confused rat, confusing carpenter, and bewildered Chieftain (who is now bearing the key ring) towards the shop. "And perhapth 'twould be betht if you jutht brought the thingth here and we then decide what to do with them.  They'd make nice decorationth, at leatht...."

With something of a sardonic grin at the rats confushion Sarnith says "Well's if yer's 'as a beas' fer's der's yob, den's I'sd no be'd a needin da think ah comin's round a tad's mo'r offden ter's do summat abou' et." With that the hob goes along and says to Ferdinand "Well's da's gud ter's 'ear, I's see'd too many o dem types dat's were's no worth'd der's hide's dey's were ah wearin." Moving along the hob continues the thought from earlier "I's abou' tew day's frum 'ere if yer's go throug' der's wood's, more's like four's if yer's take's der's road an foller's der's river, so a goin back'ers an ford's woul' be a bi' a trouble'd bud no's ter's bad." Once at the shop Sarnith quickly uses the sheet to draw out the lengths, not as measurements, but as lines on the paper with small quick diagrams of the various vices and cross bars. No words or numbers go to the parchment at all in fact. With that the ferret has what he needs and bids adiue saying "I'sll be 'round fer's a few's day'sd if yer's decide'sd tha' yer's do need's summat or think's ah summat ters do wit der's shop's." 

~*END*~

Thanks for reading!  Blisa may go to Sarnith's shop here soon to pick up the toys she ordered so long ago...

....I should see if I can find that log....

Board footer