Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-30 07:58:24 PM

Karth Riverbark

Tea vs Coffee, and other discussions-Willowbark Abbey Log-Part 1

In Log:
Karth Riverbark-Me-Archer for Mossflower Defenders

Flea Underwood-me-Scout in Mossflower Defenders

Lilymoore-Redwall Abbey Bellringer

Minsc-Warrior in Mossflower Defenders

Brother Gorvenalus-Recorder for Redwall Abbey

Rupert-Recorder for Ferravale and Historian

Varsha-Warrrior in Mossflower Defenders

Xander Winters- Leader of Mossflower Defenders   

Spoofed-Greystone, varies city and boat beasts

~ ~ ~ ~LOG ~ ~ ~ ~~

Rupert was looking over his notes and seemed very eager to just leave the port as soon as possible. He looked around the slightly creepy area and frowned, till he saw it...a sort of small place, The Lucky Dagger and he gulped a little "I already loath this place." His ears even drooped a little.   

Flea tilted his head for a better look "I hope that means dislike but you know what they say.....looks can be wrong correct my rabbit friend?" Karth just made sure his paw was close to a dagger he decided to get, as arrows are not always as wise in some places.   

Gorvenalus asks, "I am sure things will be fine, whom do we seek in this small tavern?"   

The hamster Minsc stayed close and alert as he just listened and looked out for possible troubles. “Just stay close alright every beast...please"   

Rupert looked down at his writings "Greystone, he is a very tall ferret." He didn’t seem to want to ask anyone, he seemed to rather want to keep his distance.   

Varsha was using her energy, thanks to...you guessed it she has coffee and a rather large mug of it “I say we ask....hey Mister...." She tapped the shoulder of a one eyed weasel "How about...d..dir..."She then seemed to gag as the weasel glared at her "What runt?"..The cat backed off "You need a breath mint!" And now the weasel looked ready to stab her.   

Karth reacted quickly and pulled her out of the way and frowned. Flea blinked "Ok we won't ask Mr. Bad breath stab you..."

Gorvenalus frowned as he looked at the weasel "I am sure she...he...they didn’t mean it good sir" He decided to led the group towards a cart selling some apples. “A snack to better think?"   

Varsha is dragged away "I did mean it, his breath is bad, I think he is like the walking dead it’s so bad...you could use it to kill unwanted vermin...see they killed him already and now he walks around looking for victims..."   

Rupert ears drop more as he listens, "Walk...faster, quicken your pace....." He goes to slap the coffee away from her, maybe there is something in it he assumes as why would she be so foolish otherwise. Soon he sees a tall ferret and takes a deep breath as he mutters “Please be him, please be him"   

" We should try to act calm yes?" Minsc states, or is that possible now?   

Flea asks, "Calm?" He says curious "Sure...in a city we have no clue of?"   

Karth just sighs as he glances towards the ferret "Is that him Rupert?"

Gorvenalus just gets some apples and gives everyone one" I am thinking the sooner we leave the better "   

Xander walks along beside them, he keeps Krisha as well as anyone else close to him “The city is interesting but yeah we have stayed a bit too long "

Varsha tenses, the mug drops and it’s like some prized treasure is lost "Noooo!!!!!" She reaches for it and it’s all over....its goodness and richness of flavor "My cofffeee...we have to go back for more!!!!!!!!!" She tenses and looks on the edge of go insane, she looks where most seem to look, "Ohhh...does the grey ferret have coffee, if he does he is my friend forever more!!"   

Rupert stops to look at Varsha "Coffee is pure evil." He then clears his throat "We seek a Greystone..." The ferret nods as he studies the group "The Mossflower Defenders.....and yes I am him. I normally don’t do this sort of thing but a favor owed....is a favor owed." His voice is a little rough, he looks like he could be a good bodyguard and not one to meet in a dark alley ...any time of day “Follow me, me ship is not far."   

Flea nods as he listens "Well least we found whom we seek" Karth just nods "Good, it means we can leave this city soon."   

Minsc looks around "The city is teeming with bad beast in places but not all are bad, some are...sort of friendly."   

Gorvenalus says, "DO not always judge a book by its cover."   

Varsha groans, she waits best she can as Greystone speaks, as they follow she purposely gets to where she is beside him "Will there be coffee on this ship, like for the trip?"   

Xander asks, "Why do you want coffee Varsha? It may not be the best drink for you, maybe some tea is better? My uncle likes mint tea"   

Greystone speaks "Coffee is on my ship, as is ale and if its tea ya want you best be bringing your own." Rupert frowns when its mentioned coffee will be on the ship as he clears his throat "We have tea as well as other supplies and you were to have some supplies as well, we should have what we need for the trip" He shows a list of supplies mentioned, not counting what they themselves got on their own for the trip.   

Flea smiles "I like ale, not too much as water is always good as well. I just hope I do not get sea sick...the boat part is how long?" Karth shrugs "I been on boats before so it doesn’t brother me, I rather love boat rides"   

Gorvenalus says, "It’s been a long time since me and Minsc have been on a boat"   

"And the last one was not pleasant to be remembered" Minsc says softly, as the last boat ride was with Quade himself.   

Varsha smiles wide, she would so hug the ferret but decides against it "Your my friend now." She looks back to the others "Well come on, the sooner we board the sooner coffee is ours!"   

Varsha looks at Xander and makes a face at the mention of tea and frowns "Tea is for old beasts...."   

Xander blinks "Tea is not just for old beasts...I drink it, I drank it when I was younger also. Both my Uncle Zee and Oz made tea...well Course Uncle Oz still makes tea, so did my mother and she taught her mate to make it" He mutters to himself and just decides to make sure Krisha is ok.   

Rupert face palms and seems to be on the edge of just walking off but he doesn’t as he quietly goes over the supply list with Greystone, whom is here and where they are going, and maybe how they could get more of some oats, and a little more flour.   

Gorvenalus says, "I believe it’s 2..and a half weeks or so."   

Flea says, "That seems fine, course we leave here first"   

The sea otter nods to his friend “Yes, no rush though Flea" Karth states "We leave once we have all we need and make sure no one from the group is left behind"   

Varsha rolls her eyes, she can't help it.."So....maybe they need to learn the joys of coffee."   

Xander sighs “Whatever Varsha.....you like the mud water and others don't. I like tea so to each his own"   

Rupert clears his throat "We will be leaving in a couple days, but we stay with the ship now and nowhere else. We only need to make sure we have all that’s needed" Then Greystone spoke "I am the captain of this vessel, two days’ time...maybe three, we head out of port, a couple of my crew still need to show up and then we will need to go from here and do a check of the ship, make sure all is in order and we head off to sea...a 2-3 week trip, if you get sea sickness find a bucket or visit the railing."

Flea nods, he had a feeling he may need to do that at times. Karth just yawned, he was use to boats so he didn’t deal with sea sickness.   

Gorvenalus says, "understandable..."He looks over at Xander and Varsha and frowns slightly, but decides they can handle it on their own.

Minsc goes ahead on board the ship and finds a place to just sit and be on his own for a short while, not like he plans to leave the ship   

Varsha smiles and looks for the coffee and finding it, she smiles and gets a small mug and hugs it, she sips it and looks delighted."Coffee is life.....not tea"   

Xander shakes his head"Coffee tastes like muddy water...so there." Yeah that’s very leader like.   

Rupert looks over at the badger and cat, as does Greystone as the ferret chuckles “We be having a debate going, I am curious to who wins" The rabbit just mutters "I'm not"   

Flea says, "I say tea for the win" Karth shrugs, he could care less"   

Gorvenalus watches Minsc head off and reaches a paw towards him and then sighs, he glances over at Xander and Varsha "Why worry, we can have both and drink what we want, all beasts have likes and dislikes my friends as it’s what makes us different"   

Varsha seems serious "Tea is nothing but hot leaf juice"   

Xander says, "How dare you say that, My Uncle zee would haunt you for the rest of your life if he heard that"   

Rupert groans and sits down in a chair, he gives up and his day is now ruined, well...could be worse.

Flea starts laughing at this. Karth raises an eyebrow "How is that funny, she does have a point about tea after all."   

Gorvenalus looks between them and just frowns as he tries to figure out the best way to make sure this doesn’t get too carried away.   

Varsha smirks "See Flea agrees and how de heck can a dead beast hear anything?"   

Xander takes a deep breath "He has his ways...even so such words are....well they ....Uncle Oz would dislike them and tea is not just hot leaf juice its...." Ok maybe it is but he searches for the right words to say in his defense.   

Rupert sighs, and....all great this has made a crowd show up and...oh perfect, just like most beasts in a large city..let's just place bets on a winner. The rabbit groans..."Why........." He groans.   

The sea otter Karth just yawns "I am taking a nap"

Flea asks with a frown, "Don’t you want to see who wins my friend?"   

Karth, after some though just shakes his head and goes below deck, Flea decides to follow him, he can find out later the winner   

Gorvenalus just listens and glances at Rupert, but he also stays close to Xander and Varsha...just in case its needed.   

Varsha rolls her eyes "Well he is in Redwall...."She smirks "Most likely enjoying a nice cup of hot leaf juice...." She sips, a long sip of her coffee "When he could soooooo be having this, its rich full flavor of happiness and dreams"   

Xander makes a face, "Its gross...I tried it earlier and its basically mud water and you can have it as I don’t want it"

Greystone just chuckles as he listens and gets some ale to drink" This is the best thing I have listened to in seasons" The rabbit just looks at him like he has lost it.   

Gorvenalus says, "To argue is not wise, over anything really"   

Varsha grins as she gets in the badger's face"Oh I will trust me." She waves it under his nose. Then takes another sip of it "Morning is best, maybe with cookies" She hmmms "Yes cookies...we need some, we can make some or the ship cook can and then dip the cookies in the coffee"   

Xander pushes the mug away "And ruin the cookies, cookies are good with tea and tea doesn’t ruin them and it’s not hot leaf juice"   

Rupert sighs as he stands" a hot drink made by infusing the dried, crushed leaves of the tea plant in boiling water....so achally it is made that way but it also is more than just that......never mind I refuse to join in this" He sits down...FAR AWAY.   

Gorvenalus frowns as he watches Rupert walk to the other side of the ship.   

Varsha frowns as he mug is pushed aside and grins as she hears the rabbit "Seee.......leaf juice I am right, I am right" she does a little I am so so right dance.

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

Board footer