Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-03 12:18:17 PM

Karth Riverbark

There's A New Head Guard In Town-Ferravale Log

In log:
Vojin-New Head Guard of Ferravale
Bandit- Now Retired as Head Guard of Ferravale

~~~LOG~ ~ ~

FV:Guardhouse:Head Guard Office
Large enough to hold a desk and a wooden cabinet designed to hold scrolls, this office lacks much of the grandeur that accompanies the title.
The desk and padded chair of the head guard is positioned  on the left of the office, allowing the occupant to see the rooms only window. Positioned above the wall opposite is a large snarling eel head stuffed and mounted in such a way that it's the first thing anyone sees upon entering the room.
If the head guard is not in he may be buried alive under the mountain of paperwork that engulfs the desk, even spilling onto the floor around it.

Bandit watches the first snow fall of Autumn through the window. It looks so calm and gentle as it piles up on the streets. One would hardly imagine there was a battle outside the gates just last month.

The fox sighs as he strokes the fireplace, waiting for one more beast to arrive.

Vojin arrives and then knocks on the door, he isn’t one to just walk right on inside anywhere and waits on a reply to enter the room.

The fat fox glances up at the head of an eel above his desk. Both a trophy and a device to put beasts on edge in his office. On the far wall there is a large metal club with spikes resting on the wall.

Memories. So many memories.

"Enter."

Vojin enters the room, he has been in this room before so not much of it unnerves him. He has seen blood, guts and such before as its part of his job. He folds his paws behind his back as he gives a nod "Hello Sir" He says politely.

"At ease." The fox says before leaning against his desk. "I'm not one to beat around the bush with words so I'm going to cut to the chase. Your recent efforts to serve the city and keep a cool head under combat have not gone un-noticed. You are due for a promotion," the fox grabs a goblet of wine and drinks from it, "The question is, what kind..."

Vojin nods as he listens "That would be up to you sir as your in charge of the guards and its important to stay calm under stress, to always be alert and in top fighting form."

The fox chuckles a little at that last comment. "I would certainly suggest you do your best in that reguard. Office work can creep up on you after a while." He finishes his wine, "How comfortable are you in a leadership role?"

Vojin nods "Not really has office work but if I did I would do my best to get it done best I could in a timely fashion....and I could led something well I believe...lead what, a patrol, a group?" He has led a patrol before, he in fact was a main helper when they got the Mossflower Defenders base back.

"Lead the whole guard." Bandit lets the statement sink in for a moment before glancing at the fire. "I'm retiring, Vojin. Officially at least. Just between you and me, my personal physician told me that I wouldn't last another year in this job. Like I said, office work catches up to you eventually." The fox smiles as he pats his fleshy stomach.

"I've been quietly looking for a replacement for a while, but.." The fox rubs the back of his neck, "Beasts here are brave enough to defend the town, but not brave enough to work for a chieftess who has a quick temper and a pet snake to feed beasts too..."

Vojin is quite and then it hits him, "Me? Head Guard?" He listens as he speaks "Chief Blisa can be...tough yes but she is not someone I fear and a snake doesn’t scare me" Maybe if it was after him he would change his mind, or not and just face it head on, "Where will you go then..after this..si..." He stops, should he call him sir now?

The fox draws a deep breath. "Somewhere I'm not in danger of constant mortal danger?" He barks in laughter. "Oh, I’ll be around. I figure I'm due some vacation after all the times I was nearly stabbed to death here. It all depends on if you will take the job or not."

Vojin thinks a moment or two and then nods "Yes sir...I will accept the job offer"

The fox nods. "Good lad. I'll let Blisa know. If you don't hear from me soon, then you know she fed me to basilisk." The fox laughs. After a while the laughter eventually dies down and he openly admits, "I honestly thought she would by now... Anyway. I know it's a little 'anti-climatic', but. Boom. You are now the head guard, once the paperwork goes through. And probably the first one in a decade that didn't get the job after the old one died."

Bandit leans off the table, he salutes the feline. "Please. Take care of my town." He says pleadingly.

Vojin nods "I will, not to worry" He will have to get use to not calling him sir and for others to now call him sir. He is sure it will work out and he can soon work on making sure the guard stays fit. even in times of peace.

The fox nods again. The silence continues until it becomes awkward. "Good. Now get back to work. Dismissed."

Vojin chuckles , isn’t he the one to say that now but he nods he will give Bandit time to clear stuff from the office the fox owns, and Vojin will get the head guard uniform for himself now soon too.....well time to start his new job...as Head Guard of Ferravale!

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

Board footer