Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-26 08:59:19 AM

oz

A Gift-Redwall Log

Log:
Oz-Papa Oz and Dibbun Caretaker of Redwall Abbey
Krisha-Badgermaid
Ferro-Blacksmith of Ferravale

Oz was getting ready to head to the marketplace with Abbot Benar and whomever else wanted to tag along.

A voice was in the hallway, a deep raspy voice, “Krisha……Krisha pleasssssssse ssssspeak to me.”

“It’s ruined, my d..d…day is ruined!” Explained Krisha and then a slamming of a door.

Oz raised an eyebrow and went into the hallway, he knew the voice from the tavern and, well…who else has a hissing sound “Ferro..is that you and what is going on if I may ask?”

Ferro sighs and turns to the badger, “Krisha told of her wedding, her needing of a dresssssssss…..sssssssadly when my tribe attacked two sssssssseasonssssss ago, all was taken from me…all ssssstuff, home burned…sssssstuff destroyed. Including……”He stopped there, all he took out of the house that day was his mace, and a cloak…he was concerned about his daughter’s where abouts, it wasn’t till half a mile away did he hear her screams, see the tribe drag her away, smell smoke and turn around to see their home burning to the ground....

Oz frowned and then went to go inside the room Krisha was in, ”Krisha?” He asked softly to see if she was in here, as there was mainly one door so she had to be in here somewhere.” May I be of assistance?”

Krisha looked up from where she sat, tears on her face. She shrugged at first and spoke as her voice showed her sadness” How am…am…am I to..be married without a..d…d..dress, it was simple b..but still a d..d..dress, I have nothing just…this” What she always wears and keeps clean, “It’s not fit fo..for a wedding, its ugly.”

Oz steps over and laid a paw on her shoulder if he was allowed, “It must not be…and I do not think Xander would care, he didn’t fall in love with you for what you wear…but your heart and soul.” He is quiet a moment as if thinking and offers to help her stand “Care to come with me for just a moment, if not that’s fine as well.”

Krisha allows the help up “Ok…” She says softly and follows Oz to where ever he is going.

Ferro steps aside and lets the badgers past him as he stands in his thick cloak, under it he has some sort of furred tunic, he is a monitor after all and cold is, well cold that around now, and more so later, is more evil than a horde of vermin to lizards.

Oz led Krisha to his room and walks over to the shelf as he feels around and smiles as he finds a key and goes over to a chest he keeps at the foot of his bed and unlocks, then opens it. ‘Its..been a while since I have opened this and am unsure…hmmms.” He then tilts his head “Krisha, there should be something wrapped in an old looking cloth, light brown…near the bottom maybe. The cloth was to keep it looking nice but then again its…been so long.”

Krisha nods as she wipes some tears away, maybe it will get his mind off things to help Oz find something. She moves a few things carefully and then finds what he was looking for and hands it to him carefully “Here..Oz”

Oz pushes it back to her, “Open it….I do hope it’s still in good shape” He sounds a little worried, it’s been..how long? He really has lost track of time but the cloth covering was made well to stand against time and weather, and somehow…it has done very well. It’s a dress, only slightly fancy with lace on the sleeves and around the skirt, a soft white color with some light blue, slightly lighter than it was before but still very nice looking, along the sleeves and skirt a little. Something from a mid-winter feast so many seasons ago in the Send valley. Some light maple leaves and pine needle designs also line the dress. “So?”

Krisha carefully unwraps it and gasps as it steps back and holds it up, she smiles as this has cheered her up “Its…its very very pretty and yet still h…h….has simple tone to it.”

Oz smiles, “It once belonged to a badger named..Northstar, She worn it at a mid-winter Feast a couple weeks before…” He is quiet and clears his throat. He then speaks “Try it on..” He says in a quiet voice.

Krisha smiles and does so, it’s a little long but it fits as she twirls around and giggles, happy “It’s so…so nice…little long but…beautiful” Of course she is curious “Who is or was Northstar?”

Oz answers as a tear goes down his face “My mate…I am glad you like it and Dorarose maybe could hem it for you, it’s yours for the wedding, my gift to you.” He chuckles “It could fit the something old and even with the blue on it, even if just a little, something blue. Now just need something  borrowed and new. If you’re going with all that phrase “

Krisha seems unsure, she walks over to him “But..this is special to you, I couldn’t really…”

Oz holds up a paw “Please, it will just stay in an old chest and one day be forgotten. Please take it Krisha.”

Krisha smiles and hugs Oz “Thank you Oz and..and I will take extra special care of it, I will.”

Oz hugs her in return and smiles widely” I know you will my dear and your welcome, now place it somewhere safe and get ready for the market trip that’s soon.” He adds after some thought “And get a cloak, the wind may be slightly chilly.”

Krisha nods and heads off to change back into her normal clothing and grabs a warm cloak, just in case its cold. She carefully places the dress in a safe place, she will speak to Dorarose later on hemming it and then heads into the hallway.

Oz closes the trunk and puts the key away after its locked, he smiles and gets his own cloak after a short while and grabs knapsack, as well as his staff and goes to meet up with Abbot Benar and Krisha, and whoever else is going to the market place.

Last edited by oz (2017-10-26 09:06:56 AM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#2 2017-10-26 03:06:46 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Re: A Gift-Redwall Log

DoraRose (or LilyMoore) would be more than willing to help hem the dress smile

And Dora would insist on teaching Krisha how to sew if she doesn't know how to.

We can say that that happened ICly....that Dora and Lily hemmed the skirt, and D.R. gave Krisha a lesson if she wanted it smile

Board footer