Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-25 09:38:19 AM

The_Brony_Marek

Quick Chat In Tavern-Ferravale Log

**short but important**

FV:Tavern
Outside a sign swings on a rusty creaking frame above the doorway of the tavern depicting a faded painting of what appears to be three rather rich looking skeletons slumped over a table around a black chalice, perhaps such a thing could be taken as a warning but it doesn't appear to work on the locals. The noise within on a normal day is usually heard before the door is even opened and only rises in volume when one actually steps inside.
There are the typical qualities of a tavern within, from the bar to the chairs and booths and the odd drunk who never seems to move it's the little details which encourage a patron to pay his tab if he likes his fingers. One look at some of the staff or customers might give the impression but the room is decorated to the fiercer tastes with bones, mostly skulls cropping up here and there to fill a gap on a shelf or decorating the walls above the doorways, fireplace and bar, a pair of axes joining the one over the fire with some signs that they've been yanked off to join in a fight a couple of times. Some of the comfier chairs are lined with fur and very rarely one might be found with a few pointed bits of bone to decorate the back. Despite the looks there is entertainment and fun to be had, some form of music usually played on a small stage in the corner and at least one bouncer usually tries to keep the peace while beasts gamble, drink and be merry.
A small door behind the bar leads out the back to a small door behind the bar leads out the back to the kitchen and cellars while one wall has been opened up in a wide arch to increase the space off into the next room where what seems to be a wooden fence with gates on either end has been set up as a fighting pit as further entertainment and something to bet over.

Marek was cleaning the counters of the bar and giving orders to beasts as they came to get ale and some fish with chestnuts.   

Patch slipped into the tavern and yes he was late and he knew it as he hurried over to get an apron and get to working on taking drink and meal orders "Sorry late...was busy"   

Minsc has his sling on, bandaged arm and seemed a little...moody, but a sad sort of rather not talk moody and seeing the rat made it worse,"Ale please and some soup if there is any sort of soup"   

Marek nods "Yes...potato soup and there is a pumpkin soup some seem to like and Mr. Patch can get your ale"   

Patch starts to protest and then sighs "Right away boss." He gets the ale and slowly scoots it over to the hamster and backs away.   

Minsc watches Patch "Oh...enough Patch I am not being in a mood today" He gets his ale and downs in in one setting, a long drink from the mug and it’s gone "Another please"   

Marek decides to ask "So what troubles you today Mr. Minsc?" He gets him some soup and sits down in front of him." Mr. Patch causing trouble again?"   

Patch says, "I did nothing..well recently..."   

Minsc rolls his eyes, he tries the soup "Not bad...no he is fine, it’s just some old tablet was found, has some writings that could possibly be translated with an old set of black stones with symbols and letters. But its back at the ruins of Willowbark Abbey and....tis a long trip to be making, cost and supplies and beasts to help"   

Marek listens as he speaks "I see..it’s over the seam an island correct?"   

Patch blinks, he then finally gets the ale he almost forgot and sits the 2nd mug down for Minsc before taking away the other mug.   

Minsc nods "Yeah....off like collensten......whatever it’s called, not long to get there if go by boat to their port. The would need a bigger one for sea and a crew" He shrugged "Supplies..."He drank the ale and ate his soup slowly.   

Marek nods as he went to head to the front of the tavern and quietly spoke with a marten, who nodded and soon a hawk came as Marek wrote a quick latter and gave it to the hawk, whom nodded and left. He then walked back over to where Patch and Minsc was.   

Patch watches, as the stoat talks with the hawk the rat finds time to do a little cleaning and getting more ales and soup for beasts in the tavern.   

Minsc waits to speak till he is done with his meal "So...busy I suppose?"       

Marek nods "I was tending to something, a beast owes me a favor and I wrote a letter telling them it’s time to have that favor done now, I sent the hawk and I will get t a reply within the week"   

Patch says, "Why didn’t you send that eagle, whats her name....Silver something or other?"   

Minsc says, "And your telling me about this...why? I mean we were talking some and you get up and walk away and then return."   

Marek says, "I am sorry Mr. Minsc and I was listening to your problem and as for the eagle her name is Silverwing and has a horrible sense of direction." He stands "Now if your excuse me I need to discuss something with Blisa, I have decided to hang up my sword and start a life of nonviolence to atone for my past deeds further." He then simply exits the tavern.

Board footer