Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-21 07:53:57 AM

Karth Riverbark

Maybe Ya Should Retire Sir?-Ferravale Log

~ ~ ~ Somewhere into Mossflower Woods~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~~ LOG ~ ~ ~ ~
In log:
Vojin Longtail(me)-Guard in Ferravale
Bandit-Head Guard of Ferravale

The Defenders base is reclaimed, their enemies are scattered to the far winds, peace has once again been restored to Ferravale. This should be a time for celebration! And quite the celebration there was!

However, the job of the town guard is not over, not yet. Not until all those who fought under Eclipses banner are brought to justice. It is a job that Bandit himself is taking a personal interest in.   

The woods are full of blue clad beasts, growing ever more spread apart as they search the woods. Bandit's party is growing smaller by the hour as beasts are sent out in pairs in different directions. By now there are only four beasts left, two weasels, the head guard himself, and Vojin...   

Vojin has stayed close to Bandit “Sir...should you really be out and about?" He does keep alert as he looks around the area.   

The fox laughs heartily. "Son, if I didn't get out everyone in a while, I would not be able to fit through the office door by now." There is a touch of sadness in Bandit's voice, knowing his statement to be more true than he cared to admit. Also, he just called someone 'son'. Only old beasts did that and his muzzle hairs were hardly turning grey! Hardly.   

The obese fox gestures for the weasels to go one way while he and the cat go another. "I'm putting on a show of force." He says, "I want to hammer home the idea that we do not appreciate beasts trying to over throw the village. If they see the lengths we are willing to go through to do that, then beasts might not want to join the next up and coming warlord."   

Vojin nods "I see...yes this one was, different as she flew and tried to make beasts fall off that bell tower, well I suppose it’s a bell tower almost. Just needs finished and.....well a bell"   

"Different," Bandit scoffs. "I've been through many invasions, both of Redwall and Ferravale. Slavers, warlords, beasts with axes to grind. They wear a different face but deep down they are all the same sniveling, pathetic power-hungry cowards. The only thing that really makes them dangerous is their charisma to bring others down with them."   

The fox spits. "I’m tired of it. I can't step five feet in Mossflower without some disaster befalling us. We have other things to do in the village. Fighting crime, fixing infrastructure, giving beasts reasons NOT to join the next horde that waltzes through here." The fox sighs, rubbing his eyes. The head guard should not be venting like this, not in front of his own beasts. "Let's just focus on the task at paw. Eyes forward, keep a look out for-"   

The fox yelps as he is ripped from the ground, a snarl about his leg that hoists even his bulky weight high into the air. "GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"   

Vojin steps back quickly and frowns, "It appears to be some sort of trap sir...but who's trap and why?" He lays a paw on his blade and looks around, eyes and ears alert for troubles.   

"You're powers of deduction are astounding." The fox growls. Bandit begins to kick and shout in the air. "I don't care who set the trap! Just get me down!" The rope from the snare is anchored to the ground by an iron hook. The rope is tied off there, but also seems to keep running further into the forest. The sound of a distant bell can be heard somewhere through the trees.   

Whoever set this trap will soon know of their presence if they don't already...   

Vojin nods as he looks and studies the rope, the hook and the direction of the bell. He then goes to climb the tree and cut the rope, maybe not the best plan but either way the rope would be cut and it’s hard to tell how far down the hook goes. Least some dead leaves are under the fox as the cat looks from his position in the tree to see what or who is out and about.   

"It's about time." The fox says impatiently. He would be tapping is paw if he could, "What in the bleeding dark forest is taking you so long? We don't have all... wait. WAIT!" Bandit falls flat on his back with an earth shattering THUD.   

He lays there for a long while, just panting and looking up at the trees around him. "I deserved that."   

"Oh, I would disagree..." A voice cuts through the forest. "Ye deserve a lot more, ye murderin' tod."   

The face of a shrew pops out of the bushes, followed by another, and another. A dozen shrews in all surround the fox. Not one seems to notice the feline in the tree, but their spears and sabers are all pointed at Bandit.   

"Not who we were expectin', but I am not disappointed either. Keep yer paws away from that blade or yer a dead beast Mr. Bandit."   

"Oh you have got to be kidding me..." Bandit sighs as a shrew relieves him of his long sword and hold out dagger.   

Vojin watches and listens, he seems curious of the shrews and then gathers some acorns and every so often tosses one as a distraction, or to randomly bounce off a shrew's head as he grins to himself   

"It's about time we caught the likes of you." The lead shrew, a young, scrawny beast with a leather vest steeples his paws. "It's time for you to meet justice! Justice for killing our beloved leader!"   

Bandit raises an eyebrow, "Who?"   

"Our leader! You slew him last season! While trying to..." The shrew pauses as an acorn bounces off his head. He turns abruptly, decking the beast behind him. "DO YOU MIND!" He shouts. Drawing his dagger he turns back to Bandit, "As for YOU! I'm going to enjoy-"   

"Gutting me like a fish?" The fox finishes for the shrew. He sighs, mocking the shrew by speaking in a silly voice, "Oh! He's a fat fox! Let's threaten him by slitting open his fat belly! I'm sure he hasn't heard that be-GAH!" The fox let's out a cry as the shrew stabs him in the ear.   

"Obviously, no one has properly threatened ye before... bind him to the tree!" The other shrews grab the fox by the shoulders, dragging him to a tree. They bind his paws above his head before throwing the rope over a branch, hoisting the heavy fox off the ground.   

Vojin backs up and raises an eyebrow, should be toss a dagger at a shrew or wait, he would hate to kill someone important who may just dislike Bandit. He decides to throw more acorns at their heads instead and then about falls as the branch he was on breaks loose, he quickly gets to the one above it, that’s much thicker and luckily still has some leaves on it.   

The fox growls, "I remember you lot now... trying to kill a fellow tod back near Redwall."   

"We was trying to bring justice to our tribe!" The leader stomps on the ground, "He killed me brother! And ye gone and slain me father! Once I tan yer hide I'm going to toss it over that bloody abbey's ramparts and-" He turns on his companions again, "Will ya stop throwing stuff at me? I'm gettin' vengence here!"   

"It wasn't me!" Says one shrew. "It wasn't me either!" Says another.   

"Then who in the blazes..." The shrews pauses, turning towards the sound of the cat nearly falling out of the tree. "He didn't come alone..."   

Grabbing a spear from his fellow shrew, the leader chucks it with all his might. It lands in the bark next to the wild cat.   

Vojin frowns, well now is as good a time as any as he draws his blade and jumps down aiming to slice at the two closest shrews! They don’t seem the friendly sort or like Redwall so...yeah he has chosen to call them the enemy now.   

One shrew ducks, the other is practically cleaved in two! "CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!" One of them shouts. The remaining 10 shrews fall upon the feline with swarm tactics, trying to simply attack the feline enmass. They mostly get in each other’s way.

The leader stands back, shouting orders to "KILL THAT VERMIN!" repeatedly.   

Vojin snorts as he uses his claws against one shrew, then swings the blade to cut off one's head. Then the blade cuts into the rope holding Bandit's paws, the wildcat narrows his eyes at the shrews 'Why try and kill one of Ferravale?"

"He murdered my father!" The leader is practically foaming at the mouth with rage as he leaps forward, knife in paw. Bandit grabs the beast by the tail, stopping him short in midair before swinging him around like a bludgeon against other shrews.   

Bandit doesn't bother with explaining himself, he drops to one knee, gasping for breath as the shrews scatter from the wildcat's assault. The leader is left behind, laying stunned on the ground. "K-killed my pa... and my brother..."   

Vojin looks at the shrew "Maybe you are mistaking him for another fox...." He glances at Bandit before looking at the shrew and decides to use the flat end of the blade to knock the shrew out   

The shrew crumbles to the ground, out cold.   

It takes Bandit a while to gather his breath. He fidgets at his wounded ear. "One more scar... lovely." Picking himself up with a grunt, the head guard retrieves his weapons from the ground. "Ya did good. Bind him. I have enough enemies out there wanting my hide as it is..."   

Vojin nods as he goes to tie up the shrew “Maybe you should think on retireing sir, just a thought...maybe talk to Blisa on it sir as your health is not as good as it used to be"   

The fox barks in laughter, "Me? Retire? I'm only 18 seasons old!" It is then that the laughter stops. His face betrays the mathematics in his head. Two more seasons and he would be at the big two-oh! That practically half his life! And he was moving about like a 40 season year old beast!

"Just tie him up." The fox says gruffly. He steps forward, pausing only to glance over his shoulder and say, "And thanks." before heading back down the path.   

Vojin shrugs and has tied up the shrew "Whatever ya say sir" He then follows Bandit back to the Gatehouse of Ferravale and places the Shrew in a cell.

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

Board footer