Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-19 07:30:07 AM

oz

where Did You Find That?!Part 1

==Patch is in trouble again, and his bad luck gets worse when he endangers another==

LOG:
Patch-Spy and Troubler maker rat
Moonbeam- Young Bat
Minsc-Warrior and healer in Mossflower Defenders

FV:Marketplace
-------------------------------
This is probably one of the busy areas of Ferravale during mid-day as a couple shops are here selling their wares and  an area set for fruits and veggies to be sold and other goods from carts and stands. Guards wander by many times to help keep the peace and make sure laws are not broken. The area is well kept and keep clean. You can stay a while or head back to the center of town.
-------------------------------------

Patch was in the market place, selling treasures and looking for more treasures or least what he seen as rare or treasures. Today he has some strange tablet with odd symbols and pictures, or least half of a table. “OH come on, gotta be worth something, it could be a map or led to gold!" A fellow rat just rolled their eyes.   

Minsc was buying some sunflower seeds when he looked over at the two rats curious, but he wasn't about to get into other beasts business if they were not harming the innocent.   

Patch hmmphs as he walks off “Got to be worth something, whatever I will find business elsewhere, I know beasts."   

Minsc sighs, he will regret this later but he walks over “Hello there Patch, trouble in the market today it seems. I do not think many buy..what stone and wooden...what is that anyways?"   

Patch shrugs and shows him the tablet half for a short while and then goes to walk away"Anyway...I am a busy beast, see ya woodlander"   

Minsc glances at the tablet and blinks, he goes to grab the rat's shoulder as he uses the other to pull out his blade Furblazor, "Hey..its Minsc and don’t walk off yet there rat"   

Patch eyes widen when he sees the blade "Hey...I didn’t do a thing put that thing away before ya poke someone's eye out....my luck mine"   

Minsc only tightens his grip and goes to pull him towards a shop, it’s the bakery as he looks around and gives him a obey or else tone “Stay here and give me" He goes to take the half a tablet and looks at it and his own blade, he gasps at some of the same symbols and then presses the rat to the wall “Where did you find this?"   

Patch kicks at Minsc and then frowns as he decides to listen, the tone scares him a little "Umm...what de blade yours..."   

Minsc narrows his eyes and slams the rat against the wall “The tablet or..least this half, I repeat where ya find it tell me now!" Luckily the bakery shop owner is lazy   

Patch whimpers, his shoulder is bruised now as he groans a little, "Found it in some old building near mines...when also found some old coins, some ruby and some gross smelling flask of wine."   

Minsc keeps a grip on the rat when the bakery shop owner comes inside and blinks "Hey no fighting in me shop, out both of you" The hamster nods and whispers to Patch “Run and I -WILL- stab you" He then shoves the rat forwards towards the doorway.   

Patch nods and walks out, he almost trips with the shove and mutters "Rude" to Minsc   

Minsc takes a deep breath and exhales "Your taking me to where you got this...ok Patch?"   

Patch crosses his arms "Yeah, ya a nutcase hamster...you are, you slam me into a wall, threaten to stab me and then demand I show you where I FOUND that table or piece of tablet no one can read, can you read it,huh?"   

Minsc says, "I can’t read it, but oddly it has the same symbols as my blade Furyblazor and I want to know why and how you got it...found it? hmmm likely story....."

Patch says, "I am not a beast that lies...well sometimes I do but not when something sharp and pointy is involved. And how should I know why it’s the same or seems the same am I an expert now?"

Minsc glares "Your coming with me now"   

Patch frowns but goes with the hamster "To where may I ask?"   

Minsc says, "You are showing me the location you got this" He holds the tablet half “Now..."   

Patch sighs “Fine....fine, better like exercise."

==Inside an old rotting building==

The walk takes a good couple hours along a path, then maybe half an hour pass some thorns and weeds to get to some old long building, the rat frowns “Careful this place is no way safe, the floors are bad and think there may be a basement or...something    “

Minsc follows the rat, he doesn’t mind walking as he looks ahead of the rat."Well?...where at this place be empty"   

Patch rolls his eyes “What sort of question is that, dumb I say. It’s been a few weeks”

Minsc looks surprised and then speaks, more upset now “Weeks!!”

Patch backs up “Yeah…hey I can’t always treasure hunt and the Remnant thing was going on..” He backs up as his foot sinks into a rotting area of the floor, he tugs till his boot is, well never mind its stuck but he gets his foot out and is now a one booted beast. “Can we leave now?”

“No” Minsc states as he ventures further into the building, he finds an old torch and tries to light it and it fails to light so he throws it to the floor and grumbles.

Patch squeaks a little “This place is creepy”

Minsc groans"Yeah...well, could be.. now then let’s see…..."He frowns as the floor starts to sort of...squeak and..sink? Yeah sinking is bad "We need to leave"

Patch frowns "Oh now ya want to leave....why not earlier!”

Minsc glares at the rat, "You tricked me..." He then blinks as he sees something and walks over to get a better look, he gasps as he goes to reach for something on an old rotting table....then the floor gives way to....well nothing!   

Patch whimpers and then screams as the floor caves in and he tries to grab a rug only to fail and bring it with him.   

They both will land on a pile of old dirt, dead leaves, and very old cloth bits and maybe old pillows but also about a few inches of gross water   

Minsc tries to grab the edge of the floor, seems to succeed and then loses his grip and falls, he screams in pain and holds his arm "My..my arm!" His shoulder is also knocked out of place “This is YOUR FAULT!!"   

Patch frowns and then glares 'How..you were the one that was all like show me..show me now.." He looks at his tail, "Bent...my tail is bent!"   

Minsc stands and looks around, its dark down here maybe 50 feet, they are lucky. He takes a deep breath and slams his shoulder into the wall to put it back in place but his arm still hurts, maybe little more now showing its most likely broke and he may of made the hairline more of a break as pain causes him to pass out.   

Patch frowns "Wet here..stinks..and" He looks at the hamster and goes to check him, he is not good at pulse taking "If your dead I refuse to be blamed, your death is ya own fault"   

Minsc is alive, but a healer would be nice. He will likely be unconcious a little while.   

Patch sits down and frowns "Gonna die here..." He looks up where they fell and sighs.”Great, just lovely…”

==couple hours pass==

Patch would keep his secret till he died, for all he knew that was today or maybe in a few days.

Minsc groaned and slowly opened his eyes “Its…dark where are we?”

“In a tunnel, or maybe it’s a cave, it could be some old well maybe.” Came a small voice

Patch gasped as he went to hide behind Minsc, ”Let it eat you first…”

Minsc slapped  at Patch and laid a paw on his blade “Who is there?”

“Please no harm do I mean, I live here but the entry is so small and tiny and so very high you would likely not get to it and you made a much larger entry that’s still high up.” The voice was close

Patch gulped, he then was slapped “Hey!”

Minsc just shakes his head “Quiet patch.” He spoke to the voice “Show yourself, are you alone?”

A small white bat comes into view “I am Moombeam. It’s just me, been just me half my life when papa died, it flooded in the spring and he drowned, I did not.6 seasons I am. I am sorry to scare  or hide.”

Patch tries to look, and sighs.” Well now you’re not alone…but that’s bad for us/”His stomach grows as he grumbles ”There is no food and you best not think US food”

Minsc looks ready to slap Patch again with his good arm, “Why would she eat us?”

Moonbeam backed off “I eat….fruit, sometimes seeds and berries. Sometimes very small fish and green eatable leaves”

Patch whispers to Minsc “And when ya not looking….our blood”

Minsc shoves the rat with his good arm “Shut up!!” He looks at the small bat “You are…alone? You’re a dibbun…” She is a dibbun right, if he is wrong he is sorry.

Moonbeam looks between them and frowns, she looks confused “Dibbun?”

Patch mmphs as he is shoved into the wall and glares at the ground.

“Young one..child…not an grown beast.” Minsc says softly.

Moonbeam nods “I am..5 seasons…well soon, I will be 6 seasons in spring….why?”

Patch speaks “Then why ya all alone kid?”

Minsc says “Yes finally a good question from the rat, from Patch..why. And I am Minsc…we will not harm you, we are trapped here can you or anyone else help us?”

Moonbeam is silent and then says “All lone…papa died, mama died from snake..snake got dead from otters…” She looks between them again and up at the hole “You cannot fly, I can fly…I go get help?”

Patch rolls his eyes “Duhhh”

Minsc looks ready to punch the rat, he smiles at the bat “Yes please..go to Redwall find a Xander Winters or maybe Abbot Benar…someone to help us, and a healer as my arm may be broken”

Patch snorts “And he bent my tail”

Moonbeam nods and then flies to the top of the hole, then pokes her head down “Where is Abbot Benar and this Xander Winters?”

Minsc speaks “Redwall Abbey, large red building can’t miss it from the air”

Patch sits down and pouts “Ya trust a dibbun?”

Moonbeam again nods and then disappears.

“She is only option we have Patch” Minsc says. He is unsure himself but he hopes the young bat will be back with help.

Patch sighs “Yeah better than option B…option B is death by the way”

Last edited by oz (2017-10-20 06:40:04 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer