Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-14 09:21:48 PM

oz

Autumn of Peace's Restoration -Redwall Log(LONG LOG!!!)

Right after this log- http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=467
Log:
Oz-Papa Oz and Dibbun Caretaker Of Redwall Abbey
Lacota-Frair of Redwall Abbey
Benar-Abbot of Redwall Abbey
Marek-Tavern owner in Ferravale
Leon-Master Healer of Redwall Abbey
Caleb-Novice rank 2 in Redwall Abbey
Cynthia-Novice rank 1 in Redwall Abbey
Dorarose-Gatekeeper of Redwall Abbey
Lilymoore- Bell Ringer of Redwall Abbey
Patch-Rat
Xander-Leader of Mossflower Defenders
Minsc- Healer/Warrior in Mossflower Defenders
Flametail- Warrior in Mossflower Defenders
Flea-Scout in Mossflower Defenders
Zolomon-Archer in Mossflower Defenders
Varsha-Cat and member of Mossflower Defenders

===Great Hall Redwall Abbey====

It is unlike the abbot to be late for his own feast but there has been no sign of him. The few Brothers and Sisters of the order who went looking for him were only able to determine that he was in his office with someone. He had several novices outside not letting anyone enter but now there is the sound of sandals on the stairs. Those novices dash into the Great hall and move toward their friends to take their seats but all they can tell anyone is that the abbot is on his way down. True to their words and several minutes later the grey squirrel leaves the stairs and moves in his usual stately manner toward his chair at the top table. He nods to a few beasts, stops to whisper to one of the Elder's and then moves up to stand in front of his chair and surveys the room, "Sorry to keep you all waiting, I had... matters to discuss with beasts after the good news that the problems in Mossflower had been solved that could not wait. Now I am sure you are all ready for my speech yes?" He pulls a huge stack of cards out of his sleeve and shuffles them into order, "Now then.... let us see... I Abbot Benar having stood upon the rampart walls of our grand abbey..." He tosses the cards into the air mid long, boring word and picks up his tankard, "Declare the Autumn of Peace's Restoration open!"   

The bells ring for the feast, then LilyMoore comes in, having done her job for the day.  She's still wearing her orange dress with the red leaves embroidered on it, and her matching slippers.  DoraRose is already here, having taken the day off from guard duty (although the guards can come get her if needed).  She is wearing her black tunic and leggings and boots, just in case.  The Remnant may be gone, but for the next week she's not taking any chances.  She has fully recovered from her faint earlier, and she and her daughter are sitting with their family.  Angela is helping in the Infirmary.  Blisa stayed in Ferravale.  There are a bunch of Abbey guards in here, and when they're done eating, they'll go relieve the other guards so they can eat, too (Dora is very efficient in arranging this, and she makes sure they go back out to guard duty when they're done eating).  Lily makes sure to hang out with Marek .   

Zolomon frowns "Speech? But...fooooooooood" He groans and sighs, he gives up and then smiles, yes no long speeches!

Oz frowns at the hare to be quiet and then tilts his head as the dibbuns giggle as cards fly into the air.   

Marek smiles, peace is good and he can only hope it lasts as he looks around and gets some soup and an ale, also a couple scones. He never talks to many when he is invited to the feasts.   

Patch enters and smiles “Oh yeah..Redwall food. Come to me”

Minsc is entering after the rat and simply rolls his eyes as he gets some salad, bread,  and pie, and of course ale.

Leon smiles “Let’s hope the peace lasts for a while"

Varsha slowly comes down the steps, wearing a light green dress and after getting some food she sits down in a nearby chair close to Flametail.

Caleb smiles also and goes to get something to eat and drink.   

Lacota frowns slightly, then returns to the kitchen to oversee the festivities.   

Cynthia quietly enters the room, she is feeling a little better and decided to join the feast a little late. She finds a chair and sits down deciding on something light, just some water and a couple pastries for now.   

Flametail grins "I like the idea of feasts. Course a lot of choices to have but all are good I AM sure"   

Patch nods “Food here is..yummy, just so yummy”

Varsha shrugs and just eats her food quietly.

Minsc grins “I do agree nothing beats the Redwall food”

Benar settles down into his chair and smiles at everyone’s reaction, ignoring the scattered cards, it was a day for celebrating not one of his long speeches and sermons. He raises his tankard to Cynthia when he sees her enter and smiles warmly.   

Flea returns just in time and grins, He makes a couple plates but these are for his friend and also a large bowl of hot root that he takes upstairs and returns to make his own plate of food and gets some ale "I must say food here is great!"   

Oz smiles as Sister Ginny gets his plate and as she helps the dibbuns get something to eat and drink before she gets her own.   

Zolomon, being a hare, is already getting some food to pile onto his plate and grins, " I can try more later" He also gets some ale, ale is good.   

Leon smiles as Caleb goes to check on Cynthia and watches Lacota go into the kitchens. He sips some cordial and looks around the room.   

Marek drinks his ale watching beasts around him quietly, there are some that have forgiven him, even a few new ones recently but others still avoid him and he is fine with that.   

Lacota absolutely avoids the stoat, no forgiving or forgetting coming from the squirrel. He steps into Great Hall again, and scolds a novice for eating scones instead of serving them.   

Benar has permitted Marek to be present, he also doesn't go out of his way to be friendly however, he still remembers and it's his one failing in forgiveness. He does reach out and help himself to a salad and reach out a paw to catch Lacota's sleeve, "I hear congratulations are in order Lacota."   

Xander will likely get grumbled at later, but he wants to be with his friends and managed to talk a couple otters into helping him down the stairs. He has his bruises and bandages on still, of course as he has only been back a couple days, he motions to a seat by the steps and groans as he sits down slowly...sore all over.   

Flametail sees the badger and just watches him, she frowns slightly and nibbles some fish and salad, a sip of cordial.   

Flea blinks, he walks over to Xander "Sir...shouldn’t you be laying down?"   

Minsc smiles as he sees Xander “Greetings sir!”

Patch coughs on some ale “Whoa Stripy ya look like someone….oh never mind someone DID ambush you” He takes a long drink of ale.

Oz drinks some tea and eats a little pie when he hears Xander come into the room but for now he will stay put, he can lecture him later.   

Leon frowns and right away is going over to the steps, arms crossed “Really? You limp down here...with help?" The otter twins back off...oh look food...they walk away quickly as the Master healer sighs.   

Lacota looks at Benar, and hmms, nodding. "Yes, I was just told a little earlier. Quite unexpected. Thank you, Benar."   

Marek frowns and stands slowly to check on Xander "Mr. Xander, should you not be resting?" He offers him some October Ale and gets some scones and a slice  pie for the badger to eat if he wants.   

Xander smiles as he drinks the October Ale , eats the pie and scones before he speaks “No one is up there...Angela and Gorvenalus fell asleep....and I was hungry, plus my friends are down here not up there...well Karth is, but..."   

Cynthia walks over to her father when she sees him “Dad..."She nods to Benar “Hello Benar...lot here as always"   

Flametail looks over at the beasts around Xander "Oh let him stay for a wee bit...goodness"   

Flea says, "Karth still be in the office...yeah, then he is still in fairly bad shape and he almost blooming died"   

Zolomon goes to hug Xander, gently "Xandy!!!!" He frowns, like these words are true, to a hare maybe, He will stave up in the inform Brother L..." He offers Xander some pie, a few scones, fish and a salad and October Ale"I'm here for ya Xandy"

Oz keeps the dibbuns under control, one manages to toss a roll that bounces off a novice head.   

Lacota smiles and hugs Cynthia. "Hello... It seems you have some news." He points over at Caleb. "He spilled the beans earlier."   

Benar says, "Hello Cynthia," He smiles and holds out a paw to her, "Congratulations to yourself and Caleb of course, I am very glad for you both..." He then points a finger at Leon, "Leon quick  I need you to do me a favor, say the words, "I Leon, Chief healer of Redwall abbey give Xander permission to attend the feast for recuperative medical reasons," He turns his head and grins at his friend, "That way if Angela comes and moans at us we can both tell her to stop being such a stick in the mud."

Leon keeps his arms folded, he glares at the hare “He wouldn’t starve...good grief” He then  turns to Benar and frowns, "But...he.....oh fine he can stay down here" his paws throw into the air he goes to sit back down. He needs some ale as he drinks a little...most likely a bad idea.   

Benar laughs warmly and tips his tankard in salute to Leon, "Thank you Leon, the feast will do Xander no harm, if Angela has a go at you send her to me."   

Marek manages a chuckle at the healer and shakes his head at the hare.   

Xander smiles as he eats some of the scones and pie, he drinks a little more ale and smiles "Thanks Benar...feasts are good for recovering, and friends are good for helping one heal, right?" He eats a little salad "Oh...I have news...I asked Krisha something and she gave me an answer" He smiles, pie he eats too.   

Flea grins as he sits down   

Lacota says, "It better have been a Yes, Xander."   

Cynthia smiles"Yeah...thanks" She looks at Xander curious, she has been in her room a lot past few days   

Flametail asks, "Yes to what? What he ask this...whoever?"   

Marek nods, he heard, "I heard earlier...congrants Mr. Xander and I wish you well"He goes back to sit down   

Zolomon smiles as his friend can stay, he grabs a scone and nibbles it “Good scone, very tasty"   

Benar shifts away from his salad and pulls a scone toward him and slices it open then starts to butter it, "Lacota you have don an amazing job today, congratulations and what news is this Xander? Do we need to ask Lacota to prepare another feast for a special occasion?"   

Lacota claps his paws. "Yes, yes. I do love a wedding!"   

Xander smiles "Well....only if he wants to...me and Krisha are engaged to be married now" He drinks a little more ale and bite of  pie is taken. He smiles "Yeah a wedding to plan"   

Minsc smiles “Cheers to you sir..and I want to come to the wedding”

Patch just pockets some pasties and scones as he looks over “A wedding…nice” And soon he slips off to go home, hey free food is good food!

Leon listens as he sip a little more ale. He will likely have a headache later, joy.   

Zolomon grins"Awsome...we need cake...where is cake!" He will go find cake, weather it gets back to the badger is unclear...this is a hare finding it   

Oz sighs as Zolomon goes past and shakes his head, “Hares"

Lacota says, "Of course I will, Xander, you need only ask. I enjoy preparing for joyous occasions."   

Xander smiles "Thanks Lacota, not sure when though"   

Benar sets down his tankard and claps his paws together, "Oh that is good news Xander, congratulations, hmm I guess I should have Leon send you back upstairs to rest sooner rather than later so you can recover from your ordeal and we can have the wedding sooner."

Marek quietly slips out, says a few see you laters and heads back to his tavern.

Leon looks over and frowns...the ale, even just half a mug was a bad idea as he excuses himself and goes to head outside a moment.   

Oz says, "Maybe a winter wedding and wouldn’t have to wait for a feast really, we could do one before a feast maybe"   

Flametail says, "Celebrations are fun anytime"   

Cynthia smiles," Weddings are nice when planed out nicely"   

Lacota says, "I quite agree."   

Xander smiles" We could have it soon. I am sure Krisha would like that idea"   

Benar says, "Well you shouldn’t have it until Leon gives you a clean bill of health Xander, you need to rest properly after what happened," He leans back in his chair and watches Leon leave and frowns then turns back to his pie and picks up his cutlery.   

Zolomon does have cake, a couple pieces and one for Xander "Yea have it soon Xandy, maybe in 2-3 weeks...you could have cake at it"   

Leon does come back into the room slowly and sighs down in one of the soft chair and frowns.   

Xander nods "I know....got to be able to not limp or have bandages. I am glad to be home and glad things are good now." He sighs "I also hope Brookshire is long gone, if she is smart she is"   

Flametail says, "Need me to find the traitor and stab her sir.....it would be fun"   

Varsha just sips some cordial.

Cynthia frowns at talk of stabbing anyone as she gets some water and some more soup.   

Zolomon smirks "An arrow...sides no one found her, she be long gone...good riddance I say."   

Oz says, "I believe Brookshire was leaving Mossflower from what I heard"   

Lacota says, "I'm sure she left."   

Leon stands and walks over "Yes....heal up and..rest first. Before any weddings....."He frowns, ale never agreed with him, why did he drink it.   

Xander looks at Leon "You...ok Brother Leon?"   

Zolomon frowns as he watches the abbey Brother "Brother L?"

Leon frowns, he manages a nod before he passes out, well.....no worries he will be ok in like 1-2 days.   

Luckily he is caught by a Brother Phil as they look towards the abbot and frown.

Xander gets a little ale for himself and sips a little.

Benar chuckles softly and reaches out to motion to Xander, "No more alcohol Xander, I might be prepared to face down Angela to let you attend the feast but I am not going to save you from her if you drink too much." He glances over at Leon and laughs behind a paw, "Oh dear ah Novice Reinhert could you get some friends... to ah... help Leon back to his room?"   

Xander sighs, he can drink...but he nods and frowns at Leon..Luckily someone does help the healer to his room so the badger is glad. He leans back"Guess I will be...in the infirm a few days, and after that still not doing much but that’s ok, he sits down the ale.

Cynthia asks, "Will Brother Leon be ok?"   

Flametail chuckles "The Master Healer.....needs a healer, least tis not for something too bad"

Oz frowns , a couple dibbuns yawn and rub their eyes, been a long but fun day   

Lacota says, "I think Leon had a bit too much."   

Benar smiles at Cynthia, "He will be fine, Leon doens't do ale very well... silly mouse should know better, anyway Oz how are all the dibbuns and who are these new friends I have not met yet"   

Oz smiles "They have behaved very well, we do have a couple new dibbuns....a rabbit and a mouse who has come to stay here" They both look about 2 or 3 seasons, and of course are shy."As for any other new beasts, I think some other new beasts are visiting us from Mossflower Defenders as I know they have been gaining new members"   

Flametail smiles as she goes over to shake paws "Flametail...part of the Mossflower Defenders...there was some others here earlier" She isn’t a dibbun no but she does like to introduce herself.   

Benar inclines his head to the squirrel, "A pleasure to meet you miss Flametail, know you are always welcome here at the abbey, as long as you leave your weapons at the doors of course."   

Xander only drank maybe a 1/3 a glass of ale, he hasn’t really drank much in his life, that could change but for now it isn’t going to, sides he likes tea much better   

Flametail nods "I know the rules, no worry."   

Cynthia says, "I think that sea otter that was hurt real bad is in the Defenders also"   

Xander says, "He is, his name is Karth. It’s going to be a while till he is able to go anywhere."   

Benar frowns, "Karth was injured as well? Oh dear that is not good news to hear.... we will have to send him something up, maybe the Hot root pepper soup?" He then leans forward and holds out a paw to Flametail, "It is nice to have another squirrel around, we seem few and far between at the moment."   

Xander nods “When there was a ..temporary captive, a weasel he tried to question them and got stabbed in the chest, he is lucky to still be alive. I did hear Loosefang was....well he was caught...so"   

Lacota says, "Aye, not enough squirrels."   

Cynthia frowns “Where is he now?" She seems worried.   

Flametail says, "Yeah we don’t need any bad beasts around"   

Xander sighs, "Guess he tried to...kill Blisa and...let’s just say he meet Basil, Basil's a snake that’s a friend....anyways Loosefang is gone, like..way gone"   

Zolomon blinks and grins "Cool....we should tell evil vermin that...try to slay the leader of Ferravale you get invited to dinner bye her snake friend....guess whats for dinner..weasel a la..ummm..weasel.”

Oz frowns at the hare and sighs, a couple dibbuns whimper and Sister Ginny takes them upstairs.."Zolomon........"   

Lacota grimaces. "Not now, Zolomon..."   

Xander sighs, he decides to get some tea a novice is kind enough to bring over and sips it, "I am...gonna need help back to the infirm"   

Flametail frowns "Sorry I asked"

Cynthia frowns, ok change the subject quickly “So....you all think I will be an...ok mom?"   

Zolomon'a ears droop as he sits down and folds his paws into his lap.

Xander sits down his tea as he is done and looks up the steps. this should be fun But some otters who came from Camp Willow, cause they also wouldn’t miss a feast offer to help him back to the infirm which he nods A yes to and is soon resting again.

Benar exclaims, "You will be a magnificent mum Cynthia," he smiles at her, "I have every belief that you will be a stellar mother! Now then," he stands up and smiles, "I need to go mingle with everyone and talk to them"

Lacota exclaims, "I concur, Cynthia!"   

Cynthia smiles "Thanks Benar"

Oz smiles “Your make a good mother Cynthia do not worry”

Cynthia smiles and hugs the badger.

Oz returns the hug and smiles, not much else happens with the feast as beasts eat, drink and chat with each other and catch up on stories and news. Beasts soon tire and head to bed and cleanup will begin of the Great Hall

Last edited by oz (2017-10-15 01:23:54 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer