Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-12 04:11:47 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Krisha gives Xander the answer to The Question... (RWA RP)

SCENE:  Redwall Abbey Infirmary.

CHARACTERS:  Xander, a male badger.  DoraRose and Angela, female mice.  Krisha, a female badger.

LOG:
Xander has only been back a short while, sometime in the middle of the night or was it a couple hours before sunrise, he wasn't sure. What he was sure of was being sore and able to move a lot better than before. Where he has the talon marks on the left side of his face, well it's bandaged up right now and some sort of ointment on bruises as he slowly opens his eyes, also noting soft sheets and a blanket finally.

Angela is beside the bed.  She just got here and is trying to check his pulse.  "Ah, good, ye're awake.  Quite an ordeal y' 'ad there, son.  Can y'tell me 'ow ye're feelin'?"  There is a huge kettle heating over the fireplace, and the smell of scones fills the air.  It looks like the Herbalist may be baking in here.

Xander groans..."Sore....Angela?" He does focus on her with the uncovered eye, his other eye should be fine, but a slash barely missed it, but its still swollen shut for now under the bandages. "Abbey....how?"

Angela goes to feel his forehead for a fever. "That monitor lizard, Krisha's father, 'e carried ya 'ere. Seems they rescued ya. Where are y'sore?" The door opens and DoraRose comes walking in, scowling, her arms crossed. There is flour all over the front of her black outfit. She walks over to the fireplace and stands there staring at the flames, fuming.

Xander would nod but he is sore and has bruises on his arms and legs and just listens  "Arms...legs hurt from chains on them...and she took talons to my face..."  He remembers, he isn't sure how bad it is yet though.

DoraRose is now listening to what's being said. Angela nods and heads over to the fire. "Aye, those look awful. 'Twas a good thing that y'were rescued when y'were, else those would've gotten very infected and we may 'ave lost ya." She gets the kettle and pours it into a teapot, then starts filling a metal mesh ball with leaves.

Xander frowns, he would try and get up but soreness stops him, he lays there but there is one concern, more than whether he still can see on his left side or not, more concern than the base....yes he cares about the base "Krisha...where is she?" He remembered the bird threaten to harm her and he WILL find a way to get up if he needs to.

DoraRose finally turns and looks at the badger.  She still looks mad, but her voice is calm and reassuring as she tells him, "I helped to let her in the gates, so unless she left without my knowledge, she's here in the Abbey somewhere.  Don't worry."  Angela has dropped the leaves in their mesh ball into the teapot, and now the room is starting to smell like mint and other, harder-to-identify things.  The Herbalist pulls a small cookie sheet out from a little shelf on the side of the fireplace.  It has scones on it.

Xander nods "I...was worried that insane raven said...."

DoraRose walks over and sits on the side of the badger's cot.  "I understand.  Insane beasts will say lots of things.  But Krisha's safe now, and so are you.  And there's a feast this weekend, so you got back just in time."  The Warrior managed a small smile.

Krisha peeks in from the doorway but doesn't come all the way into the room, not yet she doesn't.   

Xander nods, he frowns as he remembers some of what the raven did as he just goes quiet. He glances at the door and as he sees Krisha he goes to sit up only to gasp in pain, ok that hurt, moving is bad right now so he lays down again, not that he was really sitting up hardly at all.  He reaches a paw towards Krisha "Krisha..."

DoraRose sees the badgermaid and smiles a little bit more. Standing, she gestures that the badgermaid come over. Angela pours 4 cups of tea and adds a powder to Xander's cup. Placing them on a tray, she comes over to his bedside and sets it down on the table. "Aye, don't try to sit up, son. Ye'll be in a world o' 'urt for a while, but it should pass."   

Krisha slowly makes her way over to him and looks very concerned, she then lets a tear go down her face.  "Got hurt cause of me...maybe shouldn't of, sorry walked off...just..." She isn't sure what she was, it's not like she had to think of a reply she was just nervous at the question so had to walk off before she fainted or cried and then he had left and was....She goes to gently hug him "Yes" She just leaves it at that, yes to what?...   

Xander sighs "Yeah..."He then listens to Krisha and as she hugs him he goes to...least try and hug her back if he wasn't so sore, and he has had a bad week and blinks at the yes, yeah yes to what that it's her fault he was hurt..."Not...not your fault...Brookshire's fault." 

DoraRose clenches her jaw at the name of the TRAITOR and walks back over to the fireplace, her paws clenched into fists. Angela waits to pass out the tea.

Krisha knows he is sore, she speaks after what seems like forever "Your....question before...." She stops and goes on "You...asked me...to marry you, so I was answering that"

Xander does remember, even a bad week wouldn't let him forget that question, also a good way to make him forget his bad week as he takes her paw and smiles.

DoraRose is too lost in her thoughts to notice. Angela, however, smiles and goes to check on the scones. "Well, well, what wonderful news. Now you 2 need t'plan the weddin'. 'Opefully the group on Ferravale will be able to defeat the enemy and we won't 'ave any more trouble for the rest of our lives..."

Krisha smiles back and kisses him on the cheek "I am glad you're...home safe" She nods to Angela "Yeah...not fun to...have to worry"

Xander smiles, he is happy "Yeah plan a wedding, better than having to plan how to...to get..." He frowns, "I hope the others are ok, I am not there to help them"

DoraRose grabs a poker and starts viciously attacking a log in the fire with it. "Me, too. If Benar hadn't forced me to stay here...." it's obvious that she's FURIOUS. Angela brings over 2 cooled scones. "Try these; they're an experiment." She hands one to each of the badgers; it will taste like berries and roses and honey. She hands them each a cup of tea, too, making sure that the male badger gets the one with the special pain-killing powder in it.   

Krisha takes a scone "For...what, the feast?" She does taste one and sips a little tea as she stays by Xander's side. She looks over at Dorarose frowning slightly, should she tell her sorry for slipping out or wait on that.   

Xander sips a little tea and does nibble at the scone, he manages a smile "It's...different and good also" 

DoraRose continues to murder the burning log.  Angela shakes her head.  "No, 'oney.  They're a tonic I've come up with for Dibbuns who are scared o' the liquid stuff.  M'glad it tastes good."

Krisha frowns, tonic? She lays the scone down as she looks at Dorarose and sighs "I...I am sorry if some of your anger...is at me..."   

Xander blinks but he does eat a little more and sips some tea, hey he is hungry and it does taste good, he frowns a little as some pain goes through his arm some, he also does have a little bit of a fever, but he sipped some tea with the painkillers, or was it in the scone, either way it should help some. 

The painkiller is in his tea.  The scones just have things that will help the immune system.  Angela goes to check on a couple of other patients.  Dora looks up at the badgermaid, then sighs.  "No...no, Sweetheart, it's not you.  I'm just mad because that Loosefang tried to kill my husband, and Brookshire betrayed us all, and Abbot Benar has ordered me to stay in here.  And so I was kneading some bread for the feast, but I over did it and I was ordered to leave the kitchens."  The poor bread dough is now having to sit around in a cool place so the gluten can relax so the bread isn't all chewy.

Krisha nods "Oh...guess was worried you would be...hurt" She looks at the scone again and nibbles a little of it, she speaks again "The feast should be nice....maybe I can help somehow?"   

Xander does eat his and drinks his tea, but somewhat sleepy and somewhat the fever, luckily not high, makes him slip into some much needed sleep. He will respond some if shaken awake gently, but just to show he isn't in some deep faint or anything dangerous. 

Krisha notices Xander feel asleep, though worry still comes "Is..is he ok?"   

DoraRose shrugs. "Most of the skilled Warriors here in the Abbey are in the Defenders, so the Abbot told me to stay because he needs somebeast here to help keep us all safe. Plus, I'm the Gatekeeper, so I needed to stay." Sighing, she stands and puts the poker away. "Aye, you can help. If you volunteer but don't ask for any specific job, you'll be given something to do." She tries to smile. Angela checks the male badger and nods. "Aye, 'e's fine, don't worry. Just asleep; 'e needs it, too." 

Krisha nods as she relaxes a little, she then speaks again "I...I don't really...cook. I did...learn to cook fish but rarely ate it s...since father doesn't eat meat. A lot thinks he does...a lot fear him...then guess monitors can be...scary" She frowns at a memory "The..tribe was...scary."

DoraRose listens as the old Healer goes around checking on other patients some more.  The Warrior goes to put a paw on the badgermaid's shoulder.  "I'm sorry that you had to go through that, Krisha.  And yes, many fear monitors, but some of use are willing to give them a chance."  She chuckles.  "I even have an adoptive nephew who is a monitor lizard.  Many beasts will fear your father, but many will also learn to trust him, as I have."  She smiles.  "And you don't have to help cook; you can help decorate and make the Great Hall festive and beautiful.  Or help move the cheeses and barrels up from the cellars.  There are plenty of things you can do to help that don't involve cooking."

Krisha smiles at the idea of decorating, she could help with that "Ok...sounds nice.  Maybe something with fall leaves, they are...pretty right now"

DoraRose grins. "Oh, that would be nice. Come on; let's go find whoever is in charge of that!" She goes to take the badgermaid's paw and lead her downstairs to find, well, whoever is in charge of decorating. She'll help when she can, too, since she's been temporarily banned from the kitchens....

Krisha looks at Xander before heading off, helping find things to decorate with will get her mind off her worry about Xander.

~*END*~

Thanks for reading!

Board footer