Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-07 02:56:07 PM

Karth Riverbark

Karth's awake

~ ~ ~ LOG ~ ~ ~
Flea Underwood-(Me)- Scout in Mossflower Defenders
Karth Riverbark-(Me)-Archer in Mossflower Defenders
Angela-Healer in Redwall
DoraROSE-Redwall Gatekeeper
Spoofed novices

~ ~ old office in upper floor of abbey ~ ~ ~

Karth has laid here the past couple days. Not too far from him is a small shrew sleeping on a few pillows. Till now not a sound has been made, now a low groan is heard as his eyes start to open a little and take in where he is.

Angela has been taking turns with Leon and Gorvenalus, keeping an eye on the otter. She stepped out of the room a moment ago to ask a Novice to bring up some lunch, and she is just now slipping back into the room. Silently, the old Healer goes over to the sea otter and kneels beside him. She goes to check his pulse.   

Karth pulse is a bit better than it was yesterday as he takes in a pained breath and opens his eyes more now and blinks to focus better on the room, he tries to speak but only coughs and that just causes more pain.   

Shaking her head, the old Healer goes to check his forehead for a fever. "Hush yerself, now, Karth. Y'almost got yerself killed a few days ago; ye're lucky to be alive." She goes to check his wounds. "My name is Angela, by the way. Leon, Gorvenalus and I have been doin' everythin' to keep ya alive. Ye're still in Redwall."   

Karth does have a small fever, that’s understandable.."The...weasel......he’s gonna get away...."

The Novice comes in with the food and broth. Angela nods to him, then sends him to go tell the other Healers and the Abbot that the sea otter is awake. "Aye, son, we know. 'E already did." Taking a cloth, she dips it in a bowl of water she has in here and goes to place it on the otter's forehead. "Ye're not quite out of danger yet, sonny, but ya are on the mend. That's good."   

Karth frowns, just then the shrew wakes up and blinks "KARTH!" He goes over to him, but not to close so the healer can help him, he watches the healer "How is my friend?" He frowns "I need to speak to someone, unless the hare did already"   

Angela glares at the shrew when he yells, but then she turns her attention back to her patient. "'E 'as a fever, but if 'e continues to rest and do as us 'Ealers say, 'e should be fine. I can send a Novice to get my daughter, DoraRose; she's the Gatekeeper. Would that work? I dunno where any other beast who 'as any authority is." She doesn't even know for sure where the Master Healer is.   

Flea frowns and nods "Fine....someone needs to know and with me and that hare gone I be afraid what could happen to sir Xander, they have him chained up"

Angela nods, but then the door opens and Dora herself pokes in her head. "Hey, Nana, I thought I'd come see how you're doin'; I took the afternoon off from guard duty..." Although they can still find her and talk to her; she's not putting the Abbey's safety at risk. The old Healer waves at her granddaughter. "Well, there's the Gatekeeper now. This shrew 'as somethin' to tell you."

Karth is too weak to try and get up as he looks over at Flea, the shew meanwhile looks over at Dorarose, "It’s about the base..."   

DoraRose enters the room and crosses her arms behind her back. "What about it?" She keeps her tone friendly. Angela goes to prop the otter up a little bit and give him a little bit of vegetable broth.   

Flea frowns, "Me and chestnut...we got out, there is this secret way in and out, leads to the pantry or...well something, there is blueprints of the base and Texo said Marek had them to look over , which is good, tis a way to sneak in and kick some vermin behind"

DoraRose thinks for a moment, then smiles. "That's wonderful! Have you told any beast else?" Angela listens a little, too, but for now is busy administering to her patient.   

Karth manages to eat a little broth as Flea frowns “No...not yet, been worried about my friend...the Remnant leader is insane she is, she knows we want de base back and plans to make all of the Defenders watch...watch her...." He frowns, not going on .   

DoraRose goes to rest a paw on the shrew's shoulder as she bends so she can look him in the eye. "Lemme guess: Watch her kill Xander." Angela purses her lips, but she continues to concentrate on her patient for now. The Warrior sighs. "I wish I could come help, but the Abbot has forced me to stay here in the Abbey."   

Flea nods, "But..maybe if we can sneak in and Xander thinks or hopes his blade was found by someone here, he could really use that if we can get to him, the leader is a crazy raven...forgot the name"

DoraRose stands back up and places a paw to her chin, thinking. "That's a good idea. I wonder if we can get a message to Ferravale? You say the hidden way in and out are on the blueprints that Marek has?"   

Flea nods "Yes...I don't know him that well, Xander says he can be trusted"   

DoraRose purses her lips, but only says, "I can see if any of my daughter's bird friends would be willing to take the message to Ferravale, or if any of their messengers are here. Can you write down your message for them?" She pulls a piece of paper and a charcoal pencil out of her pocket.   

Angela is silent, helping the otter.   

Flea nods and writes down the message to give to the mouse maid   

DoraRose waits patiently. Angela finally says something: "'Ow many beasts are captive, and 'ow are they, 'ealthwise?"   

Karth slips back unconcious as Flea speaks" Xander..chained up, he has a couple wounds need tending to...he is alone and chained up, the others are locked in a room...Texo, couple squirrels and an otter and couple Ferravale guards"

DoraRose nods and takes the message when it's done. "I'll give this to the best beast. Don't worry; they'll be rescued as soon as possible." And she leaves. Angela purses her lips and does her best to make the sea otter comfortable. "Ye're a brave creature to escape as y'did, sonny. Same with that 'are. Do y'think y'could lead the others back in there?"   

Flea sighs "I am not...de best with plans....seems Karth isn’t either, but maybe he helped prevent ya Abbot from taking a dirt nap...the insane Weasel could of gotten loose with him questioning him to, or the blind badger could of been here..." He sighs "I do wants to help lass, that weasel and his friends need to pay"   

Angela goes to tuck the otter in with a blanket. "Aye, that they do. And whoever their leader is." She stands and goes to guide the shrew out the door. "Aye, 'twas good that no other beast was injured, but it is horrible what 'appened to your friend. Go for a little walk and get some lunch; you can come back afterwards, okay? Don't worry, I'll be right 'ere with 'im, and I'll let you know if anythin' changes before you get back."   

Flea sighs and nods, he could use a break "Ok...I...will be back later" He then slips off leaving Karth to further heal and the sea otter has a long way to go to recover.   

Angela smiles and nods. She then turns and sits on the floor by the otter. He does have a very long way to go, and she knows it. She'll just keep doing her Healer thing and hoping he continues to get well.....

Flea comes back to check on his friend but will sleep in the bunk room tonight instead of the old office on all the pillows.He also let Dorarose know about the traitor Brookshire and then went to bed knowing she would let others know this info as well.

Last edited by Karth Riverbark (2017-10-07 05:08:20 PM)

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

Board footer