Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-28 04:46:29 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

IC Ferravale RP from September 21st, 2017

Sorry for all the typos I missed.

Scene: Ferravale Entry

~*~

It's mid-morning, the sun climbing high behind scattered clouds, and along the road that leads the entrance to town walks a mouse in a brightly-colored quit-patch cloak. His every third step is measured by the tap of his walking staff against the ground, his pack and an encased instrument bouncing on his back at his brisk, but not hurried, pace as he whistles a tune to himself through his teeth, approaching the village gates.   

Rayen is sitting in her wheeled chair speaking with a guard as she sighs "Ok..and is the bird trying to harm anyone?" The guard shakes his head no, "Then why worry if its behaving"   

Scarborough slows his steps as he nears the wheelchaired fox and the guard, head cocking and ears flicking as their words reach him, coming to a stop nearby as he listens briefly before interjecting, "What, there's a bird? Where is it? Is it dangerous?" He pauses, then blinks and gives a sheepish smile, "Ah, pardon, likely none of my concern... I meant not to interrupt."  Sep 21, 2017 at 6 p.m. 

Rayen looks up and speaks "I do not think so, its a rather large bird and its wing is hurt. Its a little south of our gates and its been keep an eye on so far, and its behaved its self so far as well   

Scarborough nods, "Ah, well, it's a good thing I didn't come from that way, then. I try to avoid large birds on principle, safer that way all 'round regardless of their intent." He looks from the fox to the gates, "Perhaps you can tell me, what village is this? I must confess myself to be new to the region, and still trying to find my way about the area."   

Rayen nods "Of course, this is Ferravale and I am Rayen the Master Healer here. South of here is a place called Redwall Abbey we have a peace treaty with them"   

Scarborough ahs and smiles, "I see! Well-met, then, Master Rayen!" He gives a short bow, sweeping his patchwork cloak out to the side, "I'm known by Lyric Scarborough, at your service. An abbey, you say? I've not come upon it yet, I'm afraid, but I may have to visit it soon. My services usually aren't in much demand at abbeys, though, I'm afraid."   

Rayen nods "Yes an abbey not many here go there. Oddly I use to live there but not anymore, I live here now and healers outside is always good as one never knows when one is hurt away from a village or the abbey"   

Scarborough nods in agreement, leaning lightly on his staff, "Oh, indeed. Knowledge spread, especially of healing, benefits many more than knowledge kept in a single place would."   

Blisa comes walking from the direction of the town center, her bodyguards Ferdinand the ferret and Clarissa the rat accompanying her. She was headed towards the guard shack, but then she saw the visitor to her village. Changing course, she waves at the mouse and calls out, "Greetings! Welcome to Ferravale! I see you have met our Master Healer."   

Rayen nods, as she sees the chieftain she nods a hello"By the way have you been informed of the heron south of your gates, it was injuried and is recovering close to Mossflower Defenders base"   

Scarborough turns his head as he hears a call, smiling and giving another short bow, this time to Blisa, "Indeed, miss, I have! And thank you, much am I pleased to be here! Considering I've been walking several days now, that it." He goes politely quiet as Rayen addresses the cat.   

The cat smiles, but then turns to the vixen as she mentions the heron. "Ah, yes, I remember hearing about that. How's it doing, do you know?" glancing at the mouse, she adds, "I apologize, I shoudl've intorduced myself. My name is Blisa Wyrmtamer. I am the Chieftain here."   

Scarborough bobs his head, introducing himself in turn, "Lyric Scarborough, ma'am, traveling musician."   

The term 'swift fox' was a bit of a missleading statement for Bandit. He was indeed, a swift fox, but it was very hard to imagine him being very swift about anything. The pear-shaped brown fox steps out of the of guard house dressed in chain mail and with a sword loosely belted about his waist.   

He nearly chokes on the apple when he sees the cheiftess and her body guards out on the street. He quickly tries to dart back inside, hoping no one has noticed him...   

Rayen shrugs "I am unsure....I do know of another issue, but seems the cause was taken care of. But the Heron is doing ok, its name is Moseley"   

Blisa bows her head at the mouse. "Pleased to meet you, Sir...." her ears twitch back a little, and she looks at the vixen. "Other trouble? Pray, do tell." Oh, she has seen her Head Guard, alright, and she gestures impatiently at him to join her (she's pretty confident that he's going to look back at her to see if she noticed him). Ferdinand and Clarissa just ignore the male fox and listen to the vixen, instead.   

Scarborough remains quiet, for the moment, simply listening as the turn in the subject of discussion is one he has nothing to offer input on, but finds himself interested all the same. Eyes tracking where Blisa looked and gestured, he takes in the guardfox, offering a smiple smile and nod that way should the guardfox look back.   

The heavyset guard turns for the door, finding it locked. He quickly taps on the door to let him in and is met with muffled laughter.   

Heads were going to roll... provided his own didn't, depending on the mood of the feline or if she was coming to ask about all the assignments piling up on his desk.   

Taking a deep breath, Bandit puts on his best smile before walking towards the crowd. "Ma'am." He says, nodding to the chieftess, or possibly the vixen. It's hard to tell.   

Rayen replies" Well some good news...Xander got Krisha,Oz and them back to the abbey, then he was heading back to check on the heron, but he was ambushed by 4 foxes but didnt have his blade some reason or other. He was helped by..."She clears her throat to tell the ferrets exact words"Some demon furred creature from hell..." She shrugs"And the ferret wants to hide in teh village by the way."She sighs "i have no clue, the hare was more helpful it was some other badger or something that helped and left"   

Scarborough cocks his head, speaking up, "'Demon-furred creature from hell'? Quite the image that conjures up... No idea what sort of creature, then?"   

The head guard's shoulders slump as more and more potential work for him is talked about. Maybe he could arrest the mouse for jay walking as an excuse to get out of this conversation.   

(A moment passes as the fox rubs his chin, "Just another week in mossflower. This is a melting pot for the strange and ghastly. And..." he looks the mouse up and down, "I didn't know you were hiring a new bard Blisa. What happened to the last one?")   

Blisa looks at the Head Guard oddly. "I don't think we've ever had a bard." Turning back to the vixen, she adds, "Yes, that does sound rather odd. Perhaps I should make a trip to the Abbey and ask them what happened."     

Rayen says, "That may be a good idea, least on what happen with Xander......as for that and the heron all seems to be fair""   

THe fox raises an eyebrow, "Haron? Like... a bird?" He tilts his head to the left then grins evily at the cat, "Is that ban on eating birds still active?"   

Entering through the gates comes Chud, who hasn't been seen around here in a while. He pads into the main entry area, barepawed, pausing to take a swig from his canteen.   

Blisa glares at the Head Guard. "Absolutely." Ferdinand, recognizing the otter, waves at him. Clarissa is too busy stifling her laughter at the Head Guard's remark. He wants to get slugged, obviously.   

Rayen frowns at Bandit and shakes her head grumbleing to herself."So..what should be done with the heron anyways?"   

The head guard shrugs, "Unless you want it shot down, it's not my jurisdiction." Best, head guard ever. "Chieftess, Master Healer... Chud. If you excuse me, I do have assignments to return to." The fox struggles to bow due to his heavy stomach. Instead he nods and begins walking back to his guard shack...   

Chud snorts at Bandit's comment about jurisdiction after nodding in return to Ferdinand. "What's this about a heron?" he asks the bodyguard. "Don't see many of those around usually..."   

Blisa rolls her eyes at her Head Guard. "Yeah, and you're a bit late with those...." Ferdinand shrugs. "A wounded heron wath found the other day. It'th being helped. But I think there wath thome greater trouble on the road and Xander wath injured..."   

Chud nods. "I can ask the other scouts to step up patrols. Dunno if they'll listen though." He shrugs. "How bad are we talking as far as trouble? Like, 'we're all gonna die'-bad? Or 'just a few robbers'-bad?"   

Rayen says, "I dont know, 4 foxes and one was killed, and one got away..but died later and two were dragged off...still may be others around though, dont know...or not""  Sep 21, 2017 at 9:03 p.m. 

Blisa lets the vixen give her answer, then adds, "'Attacking badgers' bad. Oh, and the heron....we should see if he is a friend, and if he is, then welcome him into the village or send him to the Abbey. If not.....well, then we'll deal with it at the time," she says, remembering an earlier question.   

Chud nods slowly. "Yeah, they must be either crazy, stupid, or really powerful. Whoever these highwaybeasts are...I'll keep an eye open." He scratches at the back of his head idly.   

Rayen just listens and sighs "I need a nap, excuse me all"   

Blisa bows to the beasts here. "Of course, Rayen. I have something that I was needing to do, as well. Good day." She waves, and then heads to the guard shack, Ferdinand and Clarissa following. Bandit's in for it now....   

Chud heads out after running a few errands, back to his patrol route. 

~*END*~

Thanks for reading!

Board footer