Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-28 04:30:06 PM

Leon

Let's Flip A coin?!(Long Log...just a warning...)

FV:Path before the Gates
The path goes east and west here, as east leads back to the dirt road and west leads towards the gates of a village,.A large sign reads "Ferravale" as one looks towards the gates. Along the path are a few thin trees and a bush here and there. The path widens as you get closer to the gate and becomes less wide heading back to the dirt road.

Leon had decided to come along, why not, he was going to make sure that Ferravale was fine with healing supplies, he knows the abbey is so why not help the Defenders...and then take a nap. He looks over the list as he walks" Sure I can make sure, after this get Rayen to help ok"   

Edson lays on the path, unmoving and has some blood stains on his fur and outfit, this...doesn’t look good at all.   

Xander nods as he smiles "Thanks Brother Leon..." He has yet to figure out the day, he then sees Edson and rushes forward “Edson!"   

Loosefang watches from the shadows and snaps a finger to surround the beasts, and walks forwards "My..my...how horrible"   

Leon kneels down and checks Edson and then frowns, "He's......" He stops and stands slowly as they are surrounded.   

Edson is...yes he is dead with a slice to his throat and a stab wound to the chest.   

Xander frowns "He's wot..."Then his blade is out as he looks at the vermin surrounding then and a growl forms in his throat.   

Loosefang steps forwards "You must be Xander and oh a Redwall beast, no worries not interested in you..or a fight." He smirks "I think the word the healer was about to say is ....dead."   

Leon does fairly well to stay calm and lets Xander handle this.   

Xander looks at Edson and then the tears come, then the snarl as he narrows his eyes at the weasel and the others surrounding them. "Your...pay for this vermin."   

Loosefang nods "Yeah yeah, heard it before...so leader of the Mossflower Defenders huh....by the way your base belongs to my group, and who is this? Healer of yours?" He chuckles "He is a bit late for your friend"   

Leon glares at Loosefang, "So...who is this group and who are you, besides a murderer?"   

Xander keeps an eye on the vermin around them as he makes sure, best he can, that Leon stays safe. " You made a mistake scum...a bad one."   

Loosefang sighs, well the badger can't fight off to many of them, he nods to a nearby fox to grab the mouse, he has no plans to kill him, just make the badger listen. Then again one never knows, he is insane after all.

Leon sighs, he eeps as he is grabbed and tries to kick off the fox as he rather not be some captive today...or worse.   

Xander right away spins around and growls ready to fight as his eyes flash dangerously.   

Loosefang grins a cold smile "Now now..."He singles the fox and there is a blade at the healer's throat, "Just listen...or do we need two dead bodies on the road."   

Leon frowns, great a blade as he holds still and diffent things go through his head...yeah back in time for a picnic, well he is going to be late, least he holds he is able to just be late.   

Xander snarls, his eyes are starting to flash more as he looks ready to tear the weasel apart. He lowers his blade "What do you want?"   

Loosefang smiles as he speaks" Smart move and see the mouse here.." He pats Leon on the cheek “Your smart too and quiet, unlike the hedgehog...all your get the base over my dead body blah.."He grins at the badger "I only fulfilled his wish, now...oh yes your Defender base...mine, well my boss's but she shares...and Ferravale should soon listen to us as well. We are The Remnant...see we had a boss who...well see we take over where he left off, Quade..name familiar?"   

Leon does his best to hold in any insults towards the weasel and just listens to what is said as he is basically help at blade point.   

Xander narrows his eyes at the name “Quade is dead and what makes you think you can take over where he left off and who is your leader?"   

Loosefang says, "Temper temper.....that will only get a 2nd body to bury, see boss doesn’t want...well maybe she does want more deaths who knows, thing is we have captives."

Leon frowns, this is starting out to be a bad day quickly.   

Xander takes a deep breath and exhales "Captives that will be freed..."   

Loosefang says, "Yeah yeah cause you’re the hero...well HERO..where were you earlier when your base was taken over, like one fighter and...oh yeah he died.""   

Leon frowns, great...he keeps quiet just thinking of things, yeah he should of stayed home.   

Xander grips his blade till his knuckles go white, most of the group was in a meeting or on patrol, he was at the meeting and very few stayed at the base, a paw full and now they were held captive and who knows who else is.   

Loosefang smirks “Well can't be some place all the time, lesson learned...sooooooo all boss said was give the hedgehog back, didn’t say alive"

Leon speaks finally "So..am I your captive too?"   

Xander looks at the weasel for that reply, he still would love to attack him but he can't, he knows it could very well end badly.   

Loosefang hmmms, the fox still has the blade at the mouse's neck" I wasn’t told to get more, see...you needed to listen and what better way to get a beast to listen that threaten the life of another, not knowing if they live or die and having no control over it."   

Leon remains quiet, either way.   

Xander narrows his eyes and growls low, but stays where he is.   

Loosefang grins, he looks at the vermin group...maybe 10 and the fox who has the mouse at blade point" I know...we flip a coin...heads he dies and tails he lives."   

Leon groans, ok this weasel is insane could the day get worse?   

Xander response is try not to charge the weasel, his eyes flash as he tries to control his urge to just let go and most likely regret it later.   

Loosefang tilts his head and grins, he was serious! He gets a coin and flips it..a frown then frowns “Darn...." He makes a single with his paw for the fox to release the mouse. Doesn’t have to do it gently either. "No fair...whatever" He smiles coldly “Sides...one dead friend is enough for today! OH and don’t get odd ideas.." He snaps his fingers for his group to follow him"Come..I bet that hare has lunch ready"   

Leon finds himself roughly shoved onto the path and spits out some mud and rubs a sore arm, well he is alive at lease...but...he looks at Edson and frowns.   

Xander could so easily slice the weasel, but he doesn’t...he drops his blade and kneels by Edson as tears flow.   

Loosefang waves "Tootles..."   

Leon frowns and stands slowly...mud all down his front as he watches the vermin go off and walks over to Xander..."You going to be ok?"   

Xander shakes his head no as tears flow like rain, he can only look at Edson, he then goes to hug Leon, "I..I was so afraid...I am glad you’re not...."   

Leon allows the hug and nods "I know....me too....it’s ok, little bruised and...muddy but I am ok "   

DoraRose is worried. Her husband is late getting back, and since she is a Warrior, she always thinks that he got murdered. So she changed into her black traveling outfit and grabbed her axe (she was in too much of a hurry to worry about buckling on her sword belt). Now she's coming down the Ferravale path, and she can just barely be seen jogging down the path towards the little group.   

Xander doesn’t see Dora, or if he does he could care less as he stands there and slowly gets his blade that he dropped on the ground and places back where it belongs and just walks to a tree.....stares at  the tree and starts punching the tree like that will help! He takes a couple breaths after a minute of that and frowns as one paw's knuckles are bleeding now as he slowly sits down.   

Leon gasps and..well he waits and then walks over "Xander...Xander calm down that won’t help...it won’t" He looks at the paw and frowns as he gets out something to clean it and bandage it.   

DoraRose saw that! Breaking into a run, she comes up to them, skidding to a stop beside the dead hedgehog. A look of horror come upon her face as she recognizes him, then she turns and goes over to her husband and the badger. "What happened? Who did this? Where are they?" Yeah, she's noticing the disturbing lack of enemy bodies. Gripping her axe shaft better, she glances around, checking for danger.   

Xander just has tears, he lets Leon tend to the paw "They...have the base....they killed...and almost just now..just about killed....." All talking stops as he passes out. He should be ok just took a lot not to go...well bloodwrath earlier.   

Leon looks "Dora....XANDER!" Right away he checks his and sighs...good he is alive as he sits beside him and frowns.   

DoraRose purses her lips. "Honey, do you have any water we could plash on his face? Or smelling salts? Or something else we could use to wake him up? Wait..." Her eyes widen. "Were you here? Did you see them? ....Did they try to kill you?!" Her voice is shrill and high now. It's her greatest fear, so she's now on the verge of freaking out.   

Leon frowns, he doesn’t want to scare her but he also doesn’t hide anything..."They were here...had me at sword point while they talked to Xander...while he...his eyes were flashing red off and on....anyways...this weasel is like lets flip a coin and see if we add another body...seems the flip was not for death so he threw me roughly off the path and they all left...to well...Defender's headquarters"   

DoraRose starts twitching a little, her eyes widening even more as her facial expression moves from horror to shock to pure fury. She's not gone Bloodwrath, but she may if an enemy shows up. Opening her mouth, she makes a weird squeaky sound. She then tries again and manages to say, "They're at the Defender's base, y'say?" She's almost definitely considering storming off and killing them all single-pawed. Or dying trying.   

Xander groans as his eyes flutter open, he goes to slowly sit up shaking a little.   

Leon frowns "You’re not going..."He sees Xander wake up and looks over at him "Take it easy...."   

DoraRose scowls angrily at her husband. "Yes, I am! They tried to kill you, Leon! I can't just let them get away with that!" As the badger sits up, she gestures at him with her axe (which must be a terrifying thing to wake up to). "Xander can protect you."   

Xander first reaction is a growl...then he sees its Dorarose and shakes his head.."I...too dangerous at the base now, we don't know who is in charge of this.. The Remnant...whatever"

Leon frowns and blocks her path "I..I know ok and I could be dead on the ground too but I am not...they could kill you too! I AM NOT LOSEING YOU!"   

"I DON'T CARE--" Dora starts, addressing the badger over her shoulder as she turns and starts to walk away. Then she's staring the Master Healer in the face as he yells at her. That gives her pause, and then her face crumples a little as she feels the prick of tears.
"Leon....oh.....I'm sorry." She goes to hug him. "I'm sorry.....I was just so afraid that I had lost you, and I was thinking about it the whole way here. I'm sorry, I'm just angry and scared."

Leon has tears as well and hugs her if he can "I love you....we just have to have a plan, we need to tell Blisa also and not sure who else, seems some..weasel is working for someone"   

Xander folds his arms over his chest and then watches them and looks back to Edson..."They...he said, the weasel, that there were captives but not who and most of the Defenders were on patrol or a meeting so I don’t know who else is...there or who...someone"   

Xander says, "And the weasels said his name was Loosefang"   

DoraRose lets the other mouse hug her, and she just goes to hold him as she takes in all this information. "You're right, we should definitely tell Blisa, and Benar, too." She turns and looks at the badger, reaching to hold her husband's paw. "Then we should probably hurry and tell them as fast as we can, and find all the Defenders we can and start planning."   

Leon nods "And he mentioned Quade...maybe left overs or least some are of his friends"   

Xander still lets some tears flow and bends down to pick up the hedgehog carefully and just walks towards the chieftains home..office..he will find her.   

FV:Town Hall:Chieftain's Office
This is an office where the Chieftain does some of his work. A large desk sits in the room and has varies important papers on it. A chair is by the desk and a window looks outside.

DoraRose follows Xander into Ferravale. After asking around, it's told to them that the Chieftain is in her office in the town hall. Blisa is certainly here, working on paperwork. Ferdinand is sitting in his corner, weaving on his loom. Clarissa is also here, making a fishing net. They really don't have much to do when the young cat is here, so the bodyguards can invest in their hobbies....and give advice on occasion. "Oh my word, what is with these newest guards?! I'm gonna hafta give Bandit all these complaints they keep sending me about each other and tell him to work on teambuilding...."

Leon follows Xander and frowns, it can't be too hard to find him right, he sighs "Where did he go..." Well duhh its clear...yeah office most likely.   

Xander is quiet, and crying and every so often growls if someone gets too close even a guard as he carries the still form of Edson and finally comes to the chieftains door and leans his head on it, quite...too long....making the one ferret guard nervous as they fiddle with the door and then it opens and they fall face down onto the floor...Xander somehow keeps his balance.   

While he arrived too late to aid in the fight, Emyuil has finally caught up to the party, and he enters the office to stand by DoraRose and Leon, stepping carefully around Xander. His sword is sheathed and frustration is evident in his demeanor.   

DoraRose smiles at her brother and tries to keep a hold on her husband's paw. She is clearly furious, though, and a tad overprotective of the Master Healer in this particular moment. She stands behind the badger, waiting for him to enter the room. Blisa looks up, her guards standing with their weapons drawn by the time the door is opened. "Oh my....Xander! Oh my goodness, what happened? Come in, all of you," the Chieftain says, gesturing at them all, a concerned look on her face.   

Leon will enter when Dorarose does and nods a hello.   

Xander frowns and seems to finally see he has Edson still and just frowns more as he lays him down out of the way and looks at the chieftain “The...Mossflower Defender base been...taken and I may know at least one captive this...group has"   

Karth was always one to get answers one way or another and he found his leader and a couple others went this way and so he enters but stays at the doorway and waits.   

Stepping into the room, Emyuil lets some other beast explain what happened, making room for the others to enter. He clenches one paw at his side, then opens it with an effort.   

DoraRose leads the way in and stands in front of the cell door as the office suddenly gets REALLY crowded. Blisa's eyes widen at the news the badger. "Taken? By who? And who do you think their captive is? How many beasts are there?" Ferdinand and Clarissa have sheathed their weapons, but they're still standing, at the ready. The Chieftain turns to the door guards and adds, "Go try to find Bandit, and tell him that I need him!" She then turns back to the badger, awaiting his response.   

Leon lets Xander speak as he was just on the path when they just about tried to add him to a list too   

Xander frowns"Maybe 10 had me and Leon surrounded on the path when they,.....showed me Edson....and the base is not even completed, almost and so asked about..Texo for an idea cause they is supposed to be some trap door Marek added...but I think Texo may be a captive too and not sure who else."

Karth clears his throat, "Sir?" He will wait on a reply, he could of well been there had he not got annoyed with hares wanting to make cake....cake is just....well he doesn’t eat it so he left only to see vermin guarding the base so did the smart thing, find his leader.   

Emyuil holds his tongue still. Just then, a cloaked and robed ermine enters the room--Nightbreath, Seer of Ferravale. The Seer walks to Blisa and stands a little ways behind her and to her right, ignoring Emyuil's glare of distrust.

DoraRose nods slightly to the Seer, as does Ferdinand, but other than that, neither the Warrior nor either of the bodyguards moves or says anything. Blisa smiles grimly to the ermine. "Just in time....you say Texo may be a captive?" Sighing, the petite feline wits back down and drags her paw down over her eyes, pinching the bridge of her nose. "Did they say anything else? Like, who their boss is? And other ideas of who might be their captives?" Grabbing a piece of paper that has some math equations scribbled on it, the Chieftain starts taking notes.   

Leon frowns "The weasel said his name was Loosefang and he was 2nd in command of The Remnant  think it was....don’t know sort of hard to pay attention with a blade at your throat"

Xander says, "He...didn’t say much but this weasel is insane...flipped a coin to decide whether he killed Leon or not, then he walked off....I felt like ripping the weasels head from his body""   

Karth watches the seer.....he seems to shrug as most may think him creepy or to stay away this sea otter doesn't as he listens to all that’s said "Then we get the base back sir...I do not think many defenders were there sir."   

Emyuil bites back some words, whereas Nightbreath remains utterly calm. "Which way did he go when he left? I've never heard of this group he claims to be affiliated with, either."   

DoraRose just listens, as do the bodyguards. Blisa scowls as she scribbles out her notes. " The Remnant? Remnant of what? I could loosen a couple of his fangs," she adds in a grumpy mutter. The ferret guard who had let the badger in comes rushing back and says, "I told Bandit what was goin' on, and 'e went ahead and started shorin' up our defenses." The cat nods. "Perfect, I'll fill him in later. You can go help; I'll be safe here." The ferret runs off after he gets Ferdinand's nod.   

Leon is unsure of weather to speak, shoulsnt someone else"He mentioned being a friend of Quade....guess not all died from that group..some hide or something and tried to regroup and got a new leader"   

Xander frowns as he just walks off, he needs a walk, a long long walk and alone time   

Karth frowns"Sir?" And his leader walks off and he is left standing here as he looks at the cat now and back to the doorway and just stands there as if he was not told what to do so now what.   

Emyuil stiffens at the mention of Quade. "Great, more scum of the earth left over from last time," he hisses vehemently. Nightbreath watches the Half-Rat with calculated disinterest before returning his attention to Blisa. "What would you have me do, Blisa?"   

DoraRose smiles at the sea otter. "He probably just needs some time alone. How 'bout we go to the tavern and get some food? We can discuss this whole issue there." She's including her family members in that suggestion. Blisa scowls. "I think I need you to talk to our bird scouts and see if they can find anything. And do your, uh, Seer thing." What do you call it, anyway? Whatever.   

Karth looks at the mouse maid, "Eat?" He says in a tone of what the heck, "Why when evil is afoot are you a hare?"   

Leon looks at the sea otter and frowns, he gets as far from the otter and Dora's side as he can, it’s the wise thing to do, "I..will be back need to check your infirm on weather have enough..." What enough what..." Yarrow.." Yeah...he will be back in a little while.   

Emyuil bristles at Karth's blunder. His eyes flash and he whirls to face him. "Don't you _dare_ accuse her of slacking off. We walked all the way from Redwall. We need food otherwise in a fight we won't be worth _squat_. We know there's evil around. And we intend to tear it apart, piece by piece. Right 'rose?" He glances to his sister for affirmation   

Nightbreath meanwhile nods at Blisa's instruction and ducks out to 'do his Seer thing'. He'll talk to the scouts on his way to his house.

DoraRose leans on her axe and give the otter a LOOK. Blisa cringes and pretends to need something from a lower drawer in her desk. Ferdinand and Clarissa give the otter motions that basically communicate 'That was the worst thing to say ever'. After listening to her brother, the Warrior simply smiles....coldly. "I am hungry because I missed lunch because my husband, Leon, Master Healer of Redwall, was late getting back. I came out to find him and discovered that HE WAS ALMOST MURDERED." She stands up straight and hefts her axe. "I want to go slay every last one of the beasts that's involved, but I know that if we went charging over there, we WOULD be killed, all of us, and then where would Mossflower be??" Taking a deep breath, she glares at the otter, her blue eyes hard and icy. "So I'm suggesting that we go eat and /make plans/ like INTELLIGENT creatures. You, however, are free to stay here and stand around like a flippin' statue and wait for orders." She  storms past him, on her way to....well, possibly the tavern, possibly somewhere where she can chop up things without hurting anyone. It's kind of unclear right now.   

Karth glares at the mouse maid, "What is her problem...."He snorts and decides to go to the tavern after all, he hasn’t ate since dinner last night. Is it wise to follow.....he is unsure.   

Emyuil has already stormed out after his sister, refusing to let Karth occupy any more of his mind for now.   

Watching the sea otter follow Dora out, Ferdinand shakes his head. "He had better not talk to her anymore tonight." Clarissa cringes. "Y'got that right, shipmate." Blisa sits back up and shakes her head. "Well, he'll learn sooner or later. C'mon. Let's go fill Bandit in." THe bodyguards nod, and the trio goes to find the Head Guard and give him the bad news....   

Leon caught up with the group later at the tavern.

Last edited by Leon (2017-09-28 04:54:23 PM)

I play
Cota-grandson of Dorarose
Micco-Leader of the Gawtribe

Board footer