Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-28 11:52:12 AM

oz

The Remnant Is Here-Mossflower Defender's Log

===How does an evil, yet no one knows yet she is...and a weasel start trouble===

The day had started out rather nicely, it was sunny and hardly any clouds and it was one of those fall days where it was a little warmer and would likely be a little warmer for a couple days at least.

Today was also good as the finishing touches were being added to the base, it would open soon to which Texo was glad.

Chestnut grinned “I can use the kitchens I can finally use the kitchens! And not just to test out the oven for cake, thought I will happily make another cake!”

Edson chuckles “If you keep making cake for every good day we will no longer be able to Defend Mossflower very well for we all would grow fat and lazy”

Zolomon smiles” But full of cake…but sadly I have ta go find Xandy, there was a meeting in the Tavern so see you all later!”

Texo  blinked “Well yes of course the oven works and the base is well stocked with supplies both dry and wet. As well as other needs and even needs such as healing supplies in the infirm. There is but a part of a back roof to fix, couple doors and couple other things Marek wanted looked into, I say…maybe a week or so, yes sounds about right…maybe get some furniture in here as well”

Chestnut nods “And I can make sure all foods and drinks stay well stocked, I am the cook after all and Edson my good beast I won’t make cake all the time, just sometimes”

Zolomon grins “Cake is life…and gotta go I am blooming late!” And he rushes off.

The hare has good timing, or not so good as a weasel comes into view after making sure the hare is a good ways up the path, “I agree with the hare, cake is nice and we don’t get cake too often.” He  grins as he has in his paw a set of bolas he twirls around.

Texo frowns, “Who are you? If..If you’re looking for anyone they are…”He looks at the hedgehog nervous now.

Chestnut waves and then sees the bolas and backs up a little “He doesn’t look jolly well friendly.”

Edson gets out his war hammer and remains calm ”If you’re looking for trouble vermin then the Mossflower Defender base is the wrong place to come to.”

The weasel just smirks “I do?” He snaps his fingers and the three beasts are surrounded by a group of vermin. 3 foxes, 5 rats, 4 other weasels, a couple martens, and a crazy looking newt. “My name is Loosefang and I am 2nd in command of The Remnant. Where is your leader Xander Winters?”

Texo just frowns, he looks at Edson and Chestnut who seems to be the only Defenders even here right now.

Chestnut  whimpers as he looks for a place to run and finds no place and sits down hugging his legs to his chest.

Edson narrows his eyes, “None ya business and if he were here he would kick your vermin behind! The Mossflower Defenders do not back down to no beast.”

Loosefang smirks, ”Well you see…only two gee and look one already is a coward, what sort of Defender is he…I claim this base in the name of  The Remnant and you can be our captives, I mean you’re surrounded.”

Suddenly a dark shape appears, a rather huge raven and lands beside the weasel, she watches the beasts closely before she speaks in a deep voice, eerie for a female “I like this roost, for now…then we can take Ferravale and leave off where Quade failed. Get names and find the stripedog, he will want to try and save his friends…his teammates.”

Texo raises his paws” I am just the architect I am not a member of the Mossflower Defenders, I am helping to finish building the base.”

Chestnut ears droop and he looks pleadingly at Edson as if the hedgehog will save the day and all will be well again.

Edson narrows his eyes and then suddenly charges the raven, his war hammer held high and ready to strike down.

Loosefang is not a fool as he flicks two daggers at the hedgehog and quickly gives a command “Grab the hare and the architect ! Take the base! Find anyone else nearby!” The group is quick to listen as two foxes go to grab the hare and a stoat Texo, others go inside and some around the back and sides of the base.

Eclipse caws loudly, she too has been busy, and it seems a small pawful of beasts not so loyal to the nearby city have joined her, small for now but it starts out small right? A couple more foxes and a tall rat.

Texo stiffens as he is grabbed and doesn’t try to run, running usually doesn’t end well when one can’t fight” I..give up?”

Chestnut screams and struggles his heart beating a mile a minute” Please please….don’t kill me..I don’t like blood please I will cook for you..I can make cake or pie..even wood pigeon or dove…I can be valuable to you, all beasts need to eat right?!”

Edson gets a dagger in his knee and one hits his shoulder, as a rat passes he manages to slam his hammer into one’s head and it falls over dead. Blood trickles down his leg and arm as he sees his two friends captured “Noo…” He narrows his eyes at Loosefang again and then the raven. He swings his war hammer, if he is the only one to fight so be it, hopefully someone else id nearby.

Loosefang’s  small group manages to find a couple squirrels and an otter who seem to be members of the Mossflower Defenders and a couple Ferravale guards in the wrong place at the wrong time, all are now captive. The captives are placed by the entry and the hedgehog Edson is surrounded. “Well…this was fun..do you surrender? Oh and you have yet to answer my question where is Xander Winters at?”

Eclipse steps forwards as she looks at the hedgehog. “You’re a fighter and your injured, do the wise thing I do not have all day” That voice is cold and eerie..”surrender, and we can send a message to the stripdog.” A move of her wing and a fox is on either side of the hedgehog to hold him in place.

Edson spits in the ravens face after a brief struggle with the two foxes, who likely now have bruises and hopefully a wound. “Over my dead body bird”

Chestnut whimpers as he looks around.

Texo just sits down, not much he can do right now, well could be worse.

Loosefang grins as he looks from Edson to the raven “He needs manners…huh boss?”

Eclipse wipes the spit off with her wing and turns to walk away “Grant him his wish Loosefang, then let’s find the stripdog and give him a message.”

Edson glares at the raven and then Loosefang” I hope Xander then slays you, slays you both…you will not win in the end, evil never does.”

Chestnut nods “He..he has a point, yes he does..out f..friends will come and help us.”

Texo just sighs and looks at the ground, so much for a good day.

Loosefang grins as he steps forwards as he twirls a dagger in each paw ”Goodbye” He then stabs one into the hedgehogs chest and another slices his throat.

Edson closes his eyes he takes in a deep pained breath as the dagger enters his chest, as the other cuts into his throat he flinches just slightly and then it’s all over just as quickly as his life ends and he slumps forwards.

Eclipse just watches as she flies away, but first she makes sure to give a command” Take him to the stripdog…he will want to see his friend”

Chestnut looks horrified..”E..Edson?” He sees the blood and he fact his friend, he barely knew , is dead and faints.

Texo eyes widen as he then becomes enraged, that usually takes a lot “Hey you didn’t have to kill him!”

Loosefang gets into his face “I didn’t?” He then nods to the raven as he gives off commands “Take the others inside, and have the hare make food, oh and the architect to finish whatever....Miles…One-eye..follow me” He says to two foxes, and they carry the hedgehog off.

Eclipse watches from her perch in a tree and then flies off, time to act as if she has no clue what is going on, for she is a tricker…a liar….and she likes it.

===More to come in future Logs!==

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer