Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-24 05:20:47 PM

oz

And Now Its Time...For A lecture-Redwall Log

Redwall Log

Oz-Papa Oz/Dibbun Caretaker of Redwall
Xander=-Leader of Mossflower Defenders
Karth-Archer in Mossflower Defenders

RWAbbey:Badger Mother’s Room
------------------------------
The room you enter is rather neat and almost spartanly furnished, quite a visual contrast if you entered from the cluttered Dibbun's room adjacent.  The warm red of the sandstone walls is the primary motif, broken in only a few places.  There's a small leaded glass window for light, a bed (rather massive, which might give one a hint at its occupant) with a coverlet of brightly dyed and woven cloth and a small table with a chair; this is holding a small pile of books and papers, a candle in its holder and a couple odd Dibbun toys that ended up there somehow.  The only real ornament in the room is a middle sized, carefully framed parchment: a charcoal and ink drawing of some group or family of badgers.
-----------------------------

Oz sat in a chair in his room and waited quietly.

Xander walked in slowly, his leg tightly bandaged but it was healing. He would need to stay off it a couple days. He sighed and sat down in a chair provided.

Oz begun speaking “Xander..first I will say I am glad you’re alright as this could of ended very differently than it did. 2nd..next time I say your resting and staying put and you do not, I will have the abbot send beast to go drag you back if needed.”

Xander just frowned as he listened, he didn’t know what to say as he figured it would do no good.

Oz spoke more” Your close to adult age now, in fact this winter you do reach that age. You should know when to rest, when to have your blade, know how to avoid danger. What if you had been killed, if this..whoever it was, was not there to fight off the 4 foxes, then what? What would happen to the Mossflower  Defenders, to your friends once they were told if you died? And the fever and infection , not good, I mean I know wounds happen in fights, trust me I know.”

Xander waited to speak “I told Karth I would be back by sundown. I didn’t want to let him down and there was the heron”

“Heron?” Oz asks and shakes his head” Xander…you could have had someone else go tell him you needed to rest, I am sure he would of understood and Ferravale could have and still can keep an eye on this heron.”

Xander folds his paws in his lap “I am sorry. I guess I wasn’t thinking too clearly. Next time I will remember to rest or least double check to see if I have the blade”

Oz frowns “Are you listening to me Xander, you could of died. I could of lost you. I promised Uncle Zee I would watch over you best I could and yes it’s a bit hard to. I do worry about you just like I did with Zork when he had the Blade of The Northwind Storms. Yes he was highly skilled but I still worried.” He stops before going on “You know you have his fighting spirit and some of his short temper at times when it came to fighting, you also have his heart and caring attudte towards others. Unlike him at your age, your more skilled than he was…maybe not for the best reasons, but still most your age couldn’t face  what you already have so far.”

Xander looked down, he was quiet but he stayed in the chair.

Oz stood up and then laid a paw on Xander’s shoulder. “I care about you Xander and I love you. Your my nephew and I don’t want to ever hear bad news about you.”

Xander gets up and suddenly hugs his uncle and just is quiet till a small sniff is heard…crying? ”I..am sorry Uncle Oz, I really am. Sometimes I guess I try and please everyone and be a good leader and its hard at times.”

Oz returns the hug “I know. But your friends and me, are here to help you and I am sure Krisha would help you as well”

“I heard she is…next in line to be…well badger mother, is that true?” Xander asks as he didn’t need to look the part, his voice showed he wanted the truth.

Oz nodded “Yes, that’s true. But I don’t believe it’s a worry for now but at the same time I won’t be around forever, no one ever is around forever and who knows I may just step down and let her take over some seasons for now. I am old and sadly getting older. My knee hates me, more so in winter. I seem to do fine for now but I can’t always keep up with the dibbuns. Krisha will help a lot and learn as she does so the ins and outs of the job title. I also believe if there was ever any danger, she would protect the dibbuns with all she had.”

Xander smiles ”Yeah..I believe she would, she is tougher than she looks.”

Oz speaks “And she was worried  about you”

Xander sighs “I know, she…she cares about me and I care about her as well.”

“I am glad, she is lucky to have you in her life” Oz states.

Karth walked into the room “Sirs….”He nods to Xander “I am glad you’re up now sir and sorry to walk in, I know I should of stayed in the hallway but it was important to find you”

Xander looked at Karth ”About not being there or sending a message, sorry for that. Is there news of the heron?”

“His name is Mosely sir and he seems to be better and in fact wants to fly but still needs to heal sir. He has sort of join our group as a messenger and scout of sorts” Karth explains. ”Also..there is an issue with Minsc,TJ and Milo”

Xander frowns ”I..heard about TJ, but thanks Karth. I will be taking a couple days off still but do keep me informed.”

Karth bows and exits the room.

Oz listens as the otter heads off ”Thank you for taking a couple days off Xander it helps me feel better”

Xander nods, ”Your welcome…I also have a couple things to think on, and one requires speaking to Ferro.”

“Ferro? Who is that…wait the monitor from Ferravale?” Oz asks.

“Yes” Xander says” And it’s something that can wait till I rest a couple days. BUt it’s still important and before you mention it, it be best if I went to speak to him than some beast else”

“Of course Xander” Oz says quietly.

Xander hugs his uncle one more time “I am going to go rest in my room. If Angela or Brother Leon want to check on me that’s fine…goodnight” He slowly makes his way to his room.

Oz nods and then heads to the dibbuns room,  it’d story time and the lecture didn’t last as long as he thought it did so, maybe two stories or just an extra-long one was in order.

Last edited by oz (2017-09-25 06:00:08 AM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer