Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-07 08:12:56 PM

oz

Summer Feast,Summer of Song's Awakening.-Part 1-Redwall Log

Redwall Log:
Oz-Papa Oz and dibbun caretaker
Benar-Abbot of Redwall
Lacota- Friar of Redwall
Dorarose-Gatekeeper of Redwall
Lilymoore-Bell Ringer of Redwall
Leon-Master Healer of Redwall
Caleb- Mate to Cynthia and a Rank 2 novice
Cynthia- Singer and Dancer   
Leafeyes-Frog and a Mossflower Defenders Member
Xander-Leader of Mossflower Defenders
Patch- Just a rat
Gorvenalus- Old Beaver
Minsc-Hamster and member of Mossflower Defenders
Edson-Member of Mossflower Defenders
Ferro-Blacksmith of Ferravale
Krisha- A badger maid
Zolomon-Archer in Mossflower Defenders
Spoofed novices and  assorted Abbey Beasts and guests

RW Abbey: Pond
-----------------------------------------
The Abbey pond is practically the place to go for relaxation.  The orchards that settle onto one side of the water hole provide decent shade for the more heated months to come.  Various types of wild flowers grow about the edge of the ground that lightly overhangs into the pond.  The pond seemingly invites one into its cool depths, which holds its fish life and multiple species of shrimp and other water dwellers.
The homely pond provides an oasis of relaxation amid the busy bustle of activity that almost always surrounds Redwall Abbey, especially in the warmer summer months when fruit and crops are to be tended to.  A cool atmosphere, added to by the pond, wafts out around the pond area and onto the grass.  The orchards simply extend that cool, providing shade and solace for those who wish to relax a little further from the sport that is usually taking place around the oh-so-popular pond.
A lush lawn, studiously kept, surrounds the pond, all the way up to the orchard edge, even entering the orchard - though tentatively.  Rushes grow in most of the shallower places on the pond's edge, but the clear water prevails, and in most places, only a bit of a muddy bank is visible and no water reeds find hospitality there.  Bugs of all types flit about the surface of the water, testing fate of those who lurk below.  Sometimes a shadow can be seen skulking about the rocks at the bottom of the clear pond, but it could very well merely be a trick of the potent summer sun.
-------------------------------------------------

Ferro choose, at the last moment to come and for now where a hooded cloak, hood up as he walks around, staying away from most beasts muttering " I came...weather I stay or not depends, you are free to stay I may head back home"   

Krisha follows Ferro and then pouts as she writes something on a notepad and shows it to him. She glances at the pond but keeps her distance. she can't swim so she keeps her distance.

A novice waves hello, as well as the hedgehog Sister Ginny “Welcome to Redwall Abbey!”

Ferro is use to reading notes and frowns "I don't know Krisha...most would fear me” He waves to the hedgehog and moves away from her.

Oz is close by but letting the dibbuns get some outside time before the Feast starts, he then  gathers them up and heads inside, they need to get ready for the feast with baths, which the dibbuns seem willing to do today as it’s the Summer Feast and that surely can’t be missed!

Krisha sighs and walks over to sit by a tree close to the pond. She watches varies beast come and go. One waves and she waves back.   

Ferro goes to sit beside her, " I will....thinksssssssssss...think bout it" He gets an odd look from a passing novice and keeps his head down till they go away " If leave, Xander issssss here, he can bring you back home."   

Krisha looks away refusing to respond, silent treatment, then again she hasn't spoken for 2 seasons but that’s a different story for why, she then shrugs.   

Ferro watches her and then stands "I will be back laterssssssssssss.....ssssstay in the abbey." He frowns "I..I wish you would ssssssspeak again...tell me how you feel, your thoughtsssss...anything. I miss that." He hopes time in the abbey more often will help as its better than overprotecting her and never leaving their home or least rarely leaving, he gives a quick hug and slowly walks off, he will be back as he does keep a promise once made.   

Krisha turns to watch him head off and folds her paws in her lap, she smiles as a butterfly lands on paw. It’s clear she is unsure of others just yet but he does watch beasts walk around from where she sits by the tree.   

Xander has been working with clay, not making anything but working with it helped him relax and after the thing with Drake and then Henry complaining about Sparra having problems and oh the Sparra will just deal with it on their own , this fine he will just enjoy the feast as he walks towards the pond.   

Krisha sees Xander and smiles as she stands and walks over to him.   

Xander smiles "Hey...Krisha enjoying your time at the abbey so far?"

Krisha nods, she looks over at some beasts practicing music and smiles, going to take Xander's paw and motions to the music and waits.   

The shore of the pond starts to get busier, novices start appearing carrying the heavy oak table and benches from the great hall and lining them up. Sister's and goodwives follow, with linen and plates, cutlery and serving tray. No food yet, with the glorious sunshine as bright and warm as it is food will appear last no doubt. But the set up for the Abbot's Summer Feast is beginning and the Abbot isn't far behind the first preparations as the bells toll out softly in the warm afternoon air.

Xander blinks, "Umm...dance? I don't know how but it’s still a good day...well better than earlier"   

Krisha finds the notepad and writes=I can teach you= and shows him the note and just as quickly puts it away and goes to led, if he allows, a couple steps back and one forward and smiles.   

Edson makes his way to the pond, its where everyone else seems to be going. He grins at the choice of food and drink and at the music "Like it so far I do"   

Benar makes his way around the pond, chatting to everyone who is setting, a word here, a smile there, a helping hand every now and then before he swings over near Xander and Krisha, "Afternoon everyone,"   

Xander does at least try, he messes up a step or two and frowns and...then Benar walks over and he steps back "Hello Abbot Benar, things look good so far and it’s nice to have the feast outside and on a sunny day.”

Krisha nods a hello to the Abbot, she is so far enjoying the day or so it seems.   

Oz leds the dibbuns down with some help from Sister Ginny and Dorarose .He has them sit down quietly.

DoraRose enters the area where the feast is being held, clothed in a pretty short-sleeved, floor-length tan muslin dress with flowers and vines embroidered on the lower third of the skirt (that must've taken a while to do).  She helps get the Dibbuns where they're supposed to be, and then she goes and sits with her husband.  LilyMoore, who is wearing a yellow dress with embroidery that matches the needlework that's on her mother's dress, comes to the feast late; she had volunteered to be in charge of the bells calling everyone to the party!

Edson nods to a couple novice and grins at a joke he overhears, he glances at the two badgers and chuckles a little.   

Benar waves at the dibbuns as they start to appear "Oz good day, won't be long now I am sure and the food will start to appear. Ah here is the cellar master," He watches as barrels and firkins and tugs and jugs and casks start to be brought out and set up with a whole variety of beverages from good old October Ale to fizzy cordial and beyond.   

Oz nods "The dibbuns are behaving today, even had no complaining about baths...guess Summer Feast helps them behave since they wanted to make sure they got to go. You’re doing ok this afternoon ?"   

Cynthia walks over to the pond, she was debating on whether to come to the feast or not but she has come as she did promise to sing. She still has her dress on and the roses in her head fur as she smiles at beasts who speak to her and even mutters a thanks here and there.   

Leon walks in shortly after his wife and daughter, Caleb is still helping in the kitchens.

Patch walks in and rubs his paws together “Yeah Abbey Food I am here!” He then goes to find a chair to sit in.

Krisha smiles, he tried and that’s what counts. She stays close to Xander as more beasts come. A little uneasy but being by him helps.   

Xander speaks "Its ok Krisha, all here are friends." He smiles at the badger maid, any grumpiness from earlier in the day fades.   

Edson walks to the two badgers "Sir....and Krisha correct? Your Ferro's daughter am I right, did he come or...stay in that forge of his?"

Leaf eyes is a little late, but she is small and so moves a little slower but she is here now and smiles, “Hello..all hello, hello to you and oh yes you too!!”

Benar wanders over to greet the cellar beasts bringing out the drinks, chatting to them and smiling as they start to set things up. The novices have the tables and chairs all set up, the only thing missing now is the food out here under the sun by the pond.

Cynthia stays off to the side, she would most likely be with Caleb but she knows he is helping in the kitchens and will join the feast soon enough. She sits on a bench by the pond quietly.   

Krisha nods but frowns, seems Ferro is not back yet but she will stay and have fun still.   

The lack of food is a problem soon remedied as another squirrel makes his appearance, directing several novices carrying trays. "Over there. Hop to it, now, we haven't got all day."   

Oz goes to sit down in his chair. The dibbuns are very well behaved still, let’s hope they stay well behaved but then again they don’t want any more long lectures so it’s a good chance they will stay beheaved.

Edson says, "I should come to the abbey more often this place is great during a feast"

Xander chuckles, "Well there is always good food and drink and friends to talk to, not always music and dancing though"   

Benar has liberated a tankard of October Ale and so equipped circulates back around the crowd toward Lacota with a smile on his whiskers, "Friar, good day, so glad you could make it. The weather is magnificent isn't it?" He looks around the pond area and smiles, "So do you think we can get things going soon?"   

Cynthia looks over at her father but stays out of the way as she knows he is busy making sure the food and drink is all brought out.   

Krisha goes to sit down somewhere   

Lacota pauses to rest his paw on Cynthia's shoulder, and smiles. "I..." Before he can say anything further, Benar gets his attention. "But of course I would make it." He smirks a bit. "Wouldn't be proper if I did otherwise." The squirrel squints his eyes and peers up at the sky. "It is perfect. Not too hot... If those novices would get that food out here faster... YOU! Brad! Quit lagging..." He sighs. "I think we can get things going..."   

Xander goes to sit by Krisha and waits for things to start.   

Benar chuckles softly and gives Lacota's long suffering Novices a knowing smile. He then nods to Cynthia, "Congratulations again my dear, you are looking radiant today now then I had best get to my seat for the opening speech."   

Edson finds a place to sit as well, he begins talking with novice quietly.

Cynthia smiles at Benar "Thanks" She nods to Lacota and as he goes to grumble at a novice she finally sits down with the others to join in the feast.

Lacota continues to direct the novices, getting them to work a bit faster. Satisfied at last, the Friar putters about, making last minute preparations.   

Ferro walks towards the feast, hood up for now, the only reason he is here , he promised he be back and is not one to not keep a promise. But he never said he be here long or talk to anyone, just that he would show up...a little while.

Oz stops a restless dibbun from getting a glub of mud to throw at an abbey beast, well the dibbuns are mostly behaved, the badger does give them a warning and they all nod and stay quiet, sat up straight, and waiting.

Krisha watches all the beasts, seeing Ferro, even from a far, she smiles and is just glad he is at least here.

Lacota is too busy to notice any newcomers.

Xander looks around, maybe making sure no trouble makers show up, otherwise he is relaxed and even yawns a little.

Edson says, "Feasts are busy huh...but new friends, new stories to hear...food to try."

Benar stands up once it looks like everyone is here and gently rings the bell set up for him on his table to call everyone to attention, "Can I have your attention a moment everyone?"

Ferro watches from by a tree, he has yet to truely walk over.   

Patch waits to see what is going to be said, he has candy chestnuts with him that he starts to munch on, yes he brought his own snack food so what

Cynthia sits quietly, most likely with Caleb and his family and listens to what the abbot is about to say.   

Caleb comes from the kitchens, a little late but better late than not come at all, he sits by Cynthia and gives her a quick kiss.

Oz keeps the dibbuns quiet, as does Sister Ginny and listens as the abbot begins to speak.

Krisha glances at the abbot and listens, she is new here so is curious of most going ons in the abbey.

Xander waits, he places an arm around  Krisha and offers her a smile.   

Lacota turns to watch the Abbot.

Benar says, "Thank you all for coming, friends, family, guests and visitors from all across Mossflower and beyond. It is tradition here at Redwall to mark each season with a feast. Due to... events we were unable to host a feast in the Spring, and so today we make up for that/. With wine and food, friendship, comraderies, good music and the company of those who mean the most to us. We have had some trying months, some troubling times, awkward, dangerous, thwart with troubles and trials to test us all. But here today I declare the Summer of Song's Awakening open and this feast has begun." He raises his tankard toward Cynthia and Caleb, "To the Summer of Song's Awakening."

Lacota raises his own small glass of cordial. "Indeed."   

Edson nods "Yes but we all got thought it we did...yes ta the Summer of..song..Song's wakening"   

Cynthia smiles brightly. Today is a day to be happy and she will be as she says a quiet thanks and smiles. She will sing but a little later, after a little food and drink.   

Dorarose and Lilymoore clap and smiles.

Leon smiles as well, this is a good day.

Oz nods "Yes a good name for the season indeed"   

Xander smiles and raises his own glass   

Krisha listens and smiles, she likes it here so far and does indeed feel welcomed here so far.   

Lacota makes sure the novices are handling things on their own before he makes his way over to Cynthia and Caleb.

Ferro hmms softly as he listens, he still stays where he is, least for now.   

Leon smiles and holds up his own glass and takes a small sip.

Gorvenalus makes his way to the pond, with some help from a couple beasts and nods his thanks to them as he finds a seat and sits down.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer