Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-10 02:41:08 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Chat with the new Blacksmith (FV log)

SCENE: Ferravale Blacksmith's shop

CHARACTERS:  Ferro, a male monitor lizard.  Blisa, a female cat, Ferdinand, a male ferret; Valerie, a vixen.  Nightbreath, a male ermine.

LOG:
The blacksmith shop is slightly busy as once beast found out there was a working Blacksmith again, and not just a part time one sometimes, they wanted weapons fixed and he had one order to make a longsword. He had been working in the forge for most of the morning and decided on a rest as it was lunch time and time to sit down in the front and have a small rest and some water to drink.

Blisa comes to the doorway of the shop.  She ate a little bit ago, so she doesn't need to get any food right now.  Right behind her are Ferdinand the ferret and Valerie the vixen.  The Chieftain smiles.  "Ah, Ferro, good noon to you.  I hope your day is going well so far?"

Ferro looks up and nods a hello "Goodzzzz day." He states simply and takes a sip of water before going to get an apple from a bowl he has and some cheese "My day is fine...I do worryzzzzz about my daughter but zzzzhe is in good pawzzzzz"

Blisa nods and walks closer to the lizard, hiding her fear exceptionally well.  She's been practicing in her mirror.  "Aye, I can understand worrying about loved ones.  I'm sure she's okay."  Looking around the room, she adds, "Have you been busy?"  Ferdinand is carrying a small bundle, which is now visible as he and Valerie follow the petite feline into the smithy shop.

Ferro nods "I...worryzzzzz zzzzhe is..." He looks away "ZZZhe has had a zzzzheltered life, not out muchzzzzz...my fault. ZZZZZhe use to take walks, use to go to a market or pick berries, wild mushrooms...zzzzzhze would sing" He closes his eyes "ZZZZilence now, the past 2 zzzzeasons, when they found uzzzz again"

Blisa's brow furrows as he continues with his tale.  Sitting criss-cross-applesauce on the floor in front of him, she murmurs, "I'm sorry.  You both must be in a lot of pain in your hearts.  Who was it that found you again?"

Ferro frowns "My tribe....they are zzzzlayed and not a threat, all their lives ended. I was an outcastzzzzz and they zzzimply wanted to finish what they started."  He shakes his head "My tribe attcked their home...took captive the badgerzzzzzzz...foolzzzzz they were to try and zzzlay them. The male killed many and the female escaped...for zzzhort while, zzzhe died by a zzztream.  Zzzzhe...zzzome reason trusted me....to help her. I am not a healer....zzzzhe died and I fled...and the tribe tried to reclaim what they believed was thier'zzzz...."

Blisa listens intently, as do Valerie and Ferdinand, who are standing in the background, leaning on a wall as the lizard relates his tale.  The Chieftain nods slowly.  "Oh, I didn't realize your daughter was adopted; I don't think I've seen her yet.  I'm sorry that you've had such a rough life; how long were you on the run from your former tribesmembers?"

Nightbreath drifts into the room, fully robed despite any possible heat outside, to stand next to the Chieftainess. "I get the feeling I just missed something important," he murmurs dryly, waiting for a gap between speakers so as not to interrupt.   

Ferro answers after a quiet few morments "8 zzzeasons....found uzzzz 2 zzzseasons ago, little over that and they kept her half zeason."He then becomes serious "My daughter izzzzz a badger and I wish her to not be harmed in the village, zzzhe trustzzz few and I trustzzzzz few as well. Zzzzzhe is with the leader of thezzzz mossflower Defenderzzzz" He states "ZZZZZhe is to be back in day or two" 

Blisa is sitting cross-legged on the floor, and so has to look up even more than usual to see the ermine's face.  Smiling, she nods and says, "Yep, you did," before turning back to the Blacksmith.  "I'll do my best to ensure her safety, but I can't guarantee anything.  Fortunately, most beasts here know better than to mess with a badger, even a female one.  If she has any skills with a weapon, then I would suggest that she keep a weapon on her person at all times, just as I would suggest for everybeast in my village."  She pats her dirk and dagger.  "If she doesn't have any fighting skills, then I would suggest that you keep her with you until you've been able to teach her some.  I'll have an announcement be made that she is to be left alone, but this is a vermin village and some beasts here are idiots and won't listen."  Ferdinand nods to the Seer, but stays quiet for now.  Valerie is busily scribbling in her notebook and so appears oblivious.

"Greetings Ferro," the Seer says politely to the Blacksmith.  "The Chieftainess speaks the truth, and frankly even if this badger weren't in Ferravale, it's good to know how to defend oneself in lands and times such as these."  He gazes intently at the monitor, analyzing the reptile's face and demeanor.

Ferro watches the Seer as well, "ZZZhe fought...once. I can use a mace and war hammer when needed. ZZZhe is zztrong and as I do, though not as well, zzzhe can do Blacksmith work.  And mostzzzzz zzzztay clear of me also, though I don't harm unless it's defense or.....one threatenzzzzz Krisha"

Nightbreath nods slowly.  Unbidden, memories of other monitors he's killed in a past war flash through his mind, but he forces them down easily, remaining completely composed and in control.  "Heh." A thought comes to him and he smiles slightly, exposing his symbol-etched fangs quickly.  "Are you aware of the significance of your name, Blacksmith?"

Blisa nods when the lizard is done.  She doesn't seem to notice the stare down thing the other 2 are doing, but Ferdinand is finding it amusing.  "Well, most monitors are a tad on the unnerving side.  But I'm sure beasts will be more friendly once they come to see that you're not a threat."  She finally looks between the 2 male beasts and stifles a sigh.  "Again, I can't guarantee anything, but if you think Krisha can take care of herself, then she should be okay.  If I hear of anybeast roughing her up, I'll have Bandit rough them up...or I may do it myself."  A dangerous glint enters the young cat's jade green eyes.  "I can be pretty.....persuasive when I feel the need."

Ferro stays calm "What of my name...what's yourzzzzzz?" Yes it seems he may dislike cloaked beasts but keeps it to himself for now as he looks to the chieftain  "Any beast can be...dangerous"

"In one of the tongues of the Tuscani region to the East, it means Iron.  Fitting for one who shapes it, yes?"  Nightbreath says smoothly.  "And I am Nightbreath Greycloak, Seer of Ferravale and last in the line of the Gil'amar for now."

Ferro nods in reply, he keeps an eye on the Seer as he seems to still debate on trust, but maybe after a while of staying in Ferravale he will trust him, he for sure is not afraid of the Seer and that's clear.

"And he's also very good at startling people and appearing out of nowhere," Blisa sates completely deadpan.  As Ferdinand cracks a smile behind the Seer's back (Valerie is still scribbling in her little book), the cat adds, "Ah, Tuscani...isn't that the country DoraRose is from?"  Turning to the lizard, she asks, "Have you met DoraRose yet?  She's a mouse Warrior, very strong.  She's actually the daughter of a weaponsmith; perhaps she would be a good friend for Krisha."

Ferro says, "I do not believe zzzzzo...I was within the walls of an abbey briefly...I left when beastzzzzz....feared me"

Nightbreath laughs softly at Blisa's addition to his introduction.  "Yes, that is where the Warrior hails from.  I was there for a time with my mentor."  Glancing to Ferro, he promises, "Redwall is different. I know at least one monitor lives there and is accepted." Granted, that's because the monitor in question is adorable and was barely a Dibbun when he first arrived, but still..."You should visit sometime, I'm sure they'd welcome you as a guest."

Blisa stands and stretches.  "Well, I'm afraid that I need to go.  Oh, Ferro, my breastplate was damaged in the last battle I was in; would you please fix it for me?  There's no rush," she adds as Ferdinand sets the bundle he had been holding on the counter.  "Lemme know when you're done, please; I'll have your payment ready then."  And she leaves to go do other, more boring Chieftain work stuff, her bodyguards trailing behind.

Nightbreath follows the Chieftainess as she leaves, ducking under the doorway deftly.

~*END*~

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by BlisaMarshmellow (2017-06-22 01:30:17 PM)

Board footer