Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-17 05:54:24 AM

Henry the Poet

A speech by a sparrow OR Breakfast as usual - Sparra Civil War

~Setting~

Great Hall of Redwall abbey, eleven days after the war began and seven days after the end of the last battle.

~Characters~

-Minsc, Hamster Warrior
-Benar, Abbot of Redwall abbey
& Various spoofed creatures including
-Iornwood, Sparrow Warrior
-Unnamed Sparrow
-Unnamed Novice

~WHEN LAST WE LEFT OUR HEROES~

The battle of Warbeak Loft has ended in victory for the pro-Redwall sparrows. Warclaw, ambushes nephew of missing king of the sparrows and leader of the anti-Redwall sparrows, and his forces retreated in to Mossflower. While Ironwood, sparrow warrior and temporary leader of pro-Redwall sparrows, and his forces retreated in to Redwall. Both sides must gather allies if they wish to win the next encounter.
Redwall knows nothing of this as of yet.

Thus is the sparrow civil war...
__________________________________________________________________________________

Minsc slowly makes his way downstairs, he is walking with the aid of a walking stick he has now. Stairs, they seem to be the enemy but at least he is out of the infirmary and able to sort of get around now.

The creatures of Redwall abbey are having breakfast around the table of Great Hall. There is a sense of unrest all around the chamber, it soon becomes apparent why. For the first time, the sparrows are eating at the table with the other abbey dwellers. However, the sparrows have not yet grown accustomed to abbey life and this is causing friction. It has not gotten to the point where fights breakout, but it could. And, the sparrows, unlike the Redwallers, are beasts of war, so this could go south very quickly, very easily.

Minsc notices the birds, he isn’t sure how he feels about birds and goes to sit down at a table away from them.

“Why do you think the sparrows are out of the loft?” Whispers one nearby novice to another. “I don't know, it does not matter,” Replies the second to the first. “But the sparrows have always kept to themselves before,” Says the first. “Why would they choose now, when the abbey is at peace, to come down?” “Whatever the reason,” says the second. “It would have been better if they had stayed in the loft.”

Minsc stays at his table, a walking staff beside it as he is still bandaged and recovering from the whole Quade thing, but he is curious of the sparrow, “What’s goin’ on'?” A novice shrugs “I don’t know...I stay away from birds and they call everything worm...its wield”

At first, things go smoothly enough. The unexpected sparrows who nothing about the Redwall way do cause a few probable, but nothing to major. That is until a loud crash is heard from the side of the table opposite Minsc. “WHAT DID YOU DO THAT FOR?” comes one voice from where the crash was. “YOUUM DO SAME TO ME!” cries another, the second one is the voice of a sparrow. “WHAT?” responds the first voice. “I DIDN'T DO IT ON PURPOSE!” “OF COURSE YOUUM DID!” shouts the seconded voice. “OTHERWISE, YOU WOULD NOT HAVE DONE IT!” “THAT MAKES NOT SENSE!!!” exclaims the first voice in rage. So much for breakfast going smoothly.

Minsc frowns as he gets a rice cake and just stays calm, hey he did nothing and he isn’t in the mood to move, his leg is bandaged as is his side still. He sips his drink, and hmmms “Well......this is interesting.....and yeah” As the novice talking to him hides under the table.

Benar sighs softly at the commotion and sets down his tea cup. He then stands up and waves back Sister Agatha who had been about to walk over. “Good morning everyone,” he stops by the two loudest and turns to look down at the sparra, “Be welcome here to the great stone house Sparra. I am Benar, Abbotworm of the Redwallhouse. What brings Sparra warriors into the worm hall today?”

A hush falls over the whole chamber was the abbot speaks. The sparrow looks up at the abbot with the look of defiance and he opens his beak to speak. “I shall explain!” Comes a voice from the stairwell. Standing on the final step is a small wounded sparrow with the fierce eyes of a warrior. With great pain he hops across Great Hall and on top of the main feast. “My friends,” he says in a voice as clear as a shared of ice. “The sparra are at war!” Murmurs can be heard from every part of the room.

Minsc blinks “You can speak their language Abbot Benar?” Well that’s a shock, but also good at the same time. He looks to the sparrow speaking and is quiet.

Benar nods to Minsc as he lets the hubbub over that announcement play over the hall, “Indeed, I used to climb up to the Sparra Loft when I was a dibbun... mother was always telling me off...” He then walks towards the injured sparra now perched on the breakfast table, “Abbotworm welcome you to the Redstone house,” he bows, “Iffa Sparra are threatened then know Redstone houseworms will be standing with Sparra. Friends for seasons unchanging have Sparra and Redwall been.”

“Thank you abbotworm,” says the sparra speaker. “But thisum be not probable that wormabbey can add with. For sparra enemy...be sparra.” The murmurs become even louder. The wounded sparra holds a wing up for silences. “Eleven suns ago,” explains the sparrow in a voice as cold as winter. “Evil sparra name Warclaw attacked abbey worm who came up to help wounded sparra. He and him forces were fought off, but Loftnest was decimated. Weum retreated into wormabbey to recover.”

Benar says, “I remember Warclaw,” he frowns, “Iff'n Warclaw comes back Abbeyworm will send warriors up into Loftnest, protect and help keep loftnest safe with Abbeyworm weapons.”

“No,” Says the sparrow calmly to the abbot. “Rule says no worms in loftnest. Weum have sent sparra to gather ally birds just as WarclawVillain must be. Iffa we needum more help still, we will call upon the abbeyworms.” He then speaks to in all within the chamber, his voice clear as a water. “Meum Ironwood, temporary commander of Redwall sparra. The sparra shall stay in wormabbey until such time as the loftnest is rebuilt. Then we shall return Warbeak loft and await next battle with Warclaw. That is all!” Ironwood hops of the table without another word.

Minsc listens and blinks as some start talking he looks at Benar “Maybe the abbey can help with....ummm whatever they build nests with, leave it somewhere for them?”

“That would be much welcomed, abbotworm.” Says Ironwood.

Minsc nods, he is glad his idea will be used.

~TO BE CONTINUED IN OUR NEXT!!!~

"Oh, dainty triolet! Oh, fragrant violet!
Oh, gentle heigho-let (or little sigh)
On sweet urbanity, though mere inanity, to touch their vanity we will rely!"
-Chorus. "P'raps If You Address The Lady Most Politely." By Gilbert&Sullivan. Princess Ida.

Board footer