Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-13 09:22:45 PM

oz

Hope Can Be Recovered-Redwall Log

Redwall Log

Oz-Papa Oz and Redwall's dibbun caretaker
Minsc-Hamster and member of Mossflower Defenders
Edson-Part of Mossflower Defenders
Gorvenalus- Old beaver and An Abbot from now lost Abbey far off
Spoofed dibbuns, spoofed Sister Ginny

Songs for this:
This first one, but ignore the part of diving lands and 10 years peace thing, it’s the rest of the song that is important and sort of good for Mossflower Defenders also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8Z5fSdqEPg

This 2nd song all of it is good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KIhYZQ_ovw

==This takes place in the infirm then goes to Open Ground the back to the Infirm==

Minsc sits on his cot, still recovering and has managed to walk a few feet again. He sighs and looks at the floor with a shake of his head.

Gorvenalus walks in and smiles "My friend, how are you fareing today?"   

Minsc looks at the beaver and frowns" I still don’t have me blade Abbot Gorvenalus, who knows what possible scum may have it or maybe tis lost forever by now"   

Gorvenalus says, "You lack hope, as did I some once but its returned a little. We could...start a new here you know"   

Minsc shrugs "Maybe...maybe not, who knows. We have nothing here can't you see that...this isn’t our home, our home is gone" He starts to get up to limp outside, "I need air"   

Gorvenalus follows his friend "Minsc...please wait, we do have things here we have friends, we have a place to stay and we have food, all basic needs"

Oz was outside with the dibbuns, the dibbuns played in some puddles a light rain made and seemed to be having fun, he has yet to venture over to the beaver and hamster.

Minsc sighs and about falls over as he is not using a crutch and grumbles something barely keeping his balance before falling backwards.   

Edson is there to catch him and frowns "Whoa thar Minsc me friend, you really should be resting" He nods politely to the beaver. “Ello sir"   

Gorvenalus frowns as he starts to step forwards and sighs in relief as the hedgehog comes to his aid. "Thank you...Edson correct?"

Minsc swats away the paw as he is helped and goes to sit on the steps" I am fine don’t need ya help." He frowns “Whatever basic needs yadda yadda"   

Edson frowns "Well your full of cheer aren’t ya" He shakes his head “So wake up on the wrong side of de bed my friend?"   

Oz listens as a dibbun wanders away and tilts his head, he speaks with an abbey sister as it is late and dibbuns start to yawn and head inside with the badger for a story before bed.

Gorvenalus says, "Minsc needs to see there is hope to be had, Quade has been slain and we are totally free now, yet he only looks at the bad"

Minsc says, "What good" He mutters " yeah Quade is dead that’s something I suppose that’s the only good thing and this is not OUR home, it will never be" He watches the dibbuns briefly and sighs.

Edson looks between them and smiles "Hey why the arguing among old friends and why can’t this be a home, it may not be like ya old home but no home is like one before correct? You can do things to feel more at home, I like it here and there is the woods as I have a den close to the market place up the road, tis nice"   

Gorvenalus frowns at the hamster "Minsc...please my friend. try and cheer up and be happy as you are alive and we though you would die, we have been through much and here we are now alive and with new friends, there is much to be thankful for my friend"   

Minsc shrugs "Being alive is simple but.....friends...family are all gone, they will NEVER come back"   

Edson says, "That may be and tis sad yes but there will be heartache but also joy, sad but also happy and tears for both times."   

Gorvenalus will not give up and that’s clear "There is hope I know, deep inside it just needs to come free. You are alive and so am I...we both are not dead, we may of been how you say knocked down but we get back up my old friend please I have seen you overcome before, I have known you all your life"   

Minsc manages a weak smile but just as fast it’s gone" I..I don't know anymore...I just" He looks at the old beaver, a spark maybe a small small speck of hope is there, just a small quivering speck.   

Edson says, "I will be there and you know what so will Xander I bet, The Mossflower Defenders there for one another with honor and hope."   

Minsc perks up a little “We.....friends yes"

Gorvenalus smiles "Together we are strong...divided not so much"       

Edson smiles as he puts out a paw, palm down "United we stand now and forever, divided we fall"   

Minsc slowly reaches out his paw and places a paw on the headhog's "paw to paw...brother to brother no one shall be greater than all"   

Gorvenalus smiles " Yes help one another...see Minsc friends and friends can be like family"   

Minsc nods "Maybe..maybe there is hope...with help as alone one falls into despair easy and with friends at his side they do not as easily....a group can be like family, brothers as well as sisters....and honor as well as other virtues....liberty justice truth"   

Edson says, "Trust honor freedom "   

Gorvenalus says, "Peace strength valor"   

Minsc smiles better now " Yes all good things to...keep in one’s heart ..thank you my friends"   

Edson smiles "Any time Minsc me friend and when Xander and Zolomon return we shall be stronger and truely start defending the weak and helpless and defending those in need and keeping away trouble, hopefully keep away trouble before it starts"   

Gorvenalus nods "Yes and the Mossflower Defenders need allys which I will be one"

Minsc asks, "Yes one to help and talk to in troubled times, we could gather more to the group and surprise Xander when he returns yes?"

Edson grins "Sounds good to me. He is leader still and has the final say so but we can still gain members and allies”

Oz wanders into the open ground having heard voices "What is all the talk about?" There is one thing out of place, the blue fur....yep still blue somewhat.   

The old beaver blinks "Oh dear me..what has..happen to you Oz?"

Minsc looks over and he chuckles, for the first time in weeks he chuckles "Oh ...oh what the..your blue...heeeh ehheheee...your all sort of...I am sorry it’s funny"   

Edson grins and then falls over laughing, yeah he takes a while to gain control as he smiles "We are just discussing Mossflower Defenders and trying to cheer our good friend Minsc, fill him with de hope once again..."He takes a deep breath "You are blue...why?"   

Oz tilts his head "The dibbuns...I believe they meant for our Friar to be blue, not me and it was a brighter darker blue before its faded or maybe it hasn’t I can only take beast word for it since I cannot see"   

Minsc nods" Well your blue, that’s for sure. I been in the infirm past week...two weeks and had not seen till now, tis a good way to cheer me up"   

Edson grins "It’s a good color...could of got red or pink...hmms yeah blue is better color me thinkin' and.. I wander through.....how be watching all dibbuns tis brave job thinkin"   

Oz smiles "I suppose it’s brave and I  know the dibbuns came to me even before I was dibbun caretaker, and I after a short while let them, I welcomed their company long before others as I had been a hermit for 8 seasons with only my adopted son, a mouse I saved when he was a season old."   

Minsc asks, "A hermit that long, why?"   

Edson says, "sounds like a long time sir.....but you don’t seem a hermit now"   

Oz sits "The abbey...changed me I still dislike more than 4-5 beasts and at feasts I tend to...stay close to the dibbuns and leave them in the care of Sister Ginny when needed......it’s a long story, but I...lost someone close to me and didn’t wish to get close to another, I did though first with Maxtor my adopted son I was so very over protective of him....he managed to get here and I followed planning to leave but well..I stayed, then became dibbun caretaker..Papa Oz and gained friends, and my bother showed up one day and my uncle zee after that....and there been other family also"   

Minsc frowns "When I lost my mate, then my 2 small ones and...all my friends I felt loss, I could of been a hermit but Gorvenalus didn’t let me, he stayed with me always through al we went though we were thar for one another as true friends"   

Edson says, "well that’s a true friend for ya Minsc me friend and seems your life got better Oz and that’s proof yours can as well Minsc" He stands "I grow tried heading to bed goodnight my friends"

The old beaver nods and smiles "I may sleep as well" He pats Minsc shoulder "I will be awake a little  while if wish to talk" He heads inside as well   

Oz nods as he listens to the talking settle down "Do you need help inside Minsc? I can help you back to bed and maybe make some nice mint tea"   

Minsc smiles "Sure....tea sounds nice" He will allow the badger to help him inside, slowly and then he will rest after some tea and maybe scones ”So…hermit guess you’re lucky to get through whatever it was. Mine will be harder”

Oz brings over the tea and scones “Very…I almost didn’t let others help me. But slowly as said the dibbuns, then others…and I slowly told my story I was…without hope once, long time ago when my mate and newborn half season old died in an avengence I…lost my whole world it seemed. I almost went over the edge myself by somehow didn’t, but how at the time I wished I did, my brother found me and my adopted father, see parents died when I  was two seasons…bad winter, winter again took my mate and child and I HATED WINTER. I..I tried to end my life when I had energy  to walk again. I would of too had I not heard a dibbuns cry for help…Maxtor, he was in a burning campsite and I dropped my knife and went to save him, and got him to a healer In Send where I lived, In a way we saved each other. I still stayed away from others, tried my best here…but slowly I let others near and…they helped me further have hope again, see a light in my darkness” He smiles “There is hope for you as well Minsc…it may take time but…do let others help”

Minsc smiles a little more and nods sipping tea he has now and nibbling a scone “I…will try.” He frowns “I  won’t lie I had thought of ending my life but in a fight with Quade, he killed my mate..murdered her and my son whom was 6 seasons and a little girl just a season old. He killed many of my friends, my parents….so yeah been though a lot could say so I know whats it’s like to lose family…to be wanting left alone in my life, guess Abbot Gorvenalus helped keep me sane, guess your Maxtor keep you sane long enough to get other help here…..guess same for me, let the abbey help me. I do have a couple other friends….the Defenders that I am proud to be part of, and I have learned to get along with others. I am not always moody trust me and sorry if seem rude”

Oz nods “It’s alright and your forgiven, it’s understandable and if you choose for others to know your past, that’s your choice….no one knew my whole past for a while after I came here , it just felt ok to tell my story and it got easier as I told it again and…even if some of it is horrible to remember, there is good in there as well, your past makes you who you are.” He yawns as he heads to the door “I need to get to bed, its late and dibbuns don’t always let me sleep in”

Minsc chuckles “Sounds like young ones…goodnight my friend sleep well”

“Goodnight Minsc” Oz says and heads to his room for the night

Last edited by oz (2017-05-14 06:54:33 AM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#2 2017-05-14 06:02:53 AM

Henry the Poet

Re: Hope Can Be Recovered-Redwall Log

REEEEDWAAAAAAAAAAAALLL!!!!!!!!!... Sorry, I got swept up in the whole 'United We Sand!' thing. I never thought of add links to songs. I shall do that right now... right after I put my mind back together, it got blown by the awesomeness!

"Oh, dainty triolet! Oh, fragrant violet!
Oh, gentle heigho-let (or little sigh)
On sweet urbanity, though mere inanity, to touch their vanity we will rely!"
-Chorus. "P'raps If You Address The Lady Most Politely." By Gilbert&Sullivan. Princess Ida.

#3 2017-05-14 06:15:28 AM

Henry the Poet

MOOOSSFLOWEEEEEEEEER!!!!!!!!!... Sorry, I'll stop now.

-Chorus. "P'raps If You Address The Lady Most Politely." By Gilbert&Sullivan. Princess Ida.

#4 2017-05-14 06:55:16 AM

oz

I add songs once in a while to a role play if fits the mood. I know others do once in a while as well

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#5 2017-05-14 07:01:14 AM

Henry the Poet

It's still awesome!

Board footer