Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-02 01:44:07 PM

oz

Papa Oz Is Blue Now-Redwall Log

=The Dibbuns Plans go wrong==

Redwall Log

Oz - Papa Oz and dibbun caretaker of Abbey
Benar-Abbot of Redwall
Kurt-Robin
spoofed dibbuns, spoofed Sister Ginney and a random spoofed novice

It was a normal day, any threats taken care of and things mostly back to normal. It’s been raining the past 3-4 days and the dibbuns have been stuck inside, not always a good thing when they get bored...this bored that they have mischief and todays target was supposed to be the friar, only the friar was not the one that came into the kitchen and made that bucket of blue dye fall onto himself, a collected gasp and a whimper of one dibbun vole who flees the area  of crime. It’s quiet before a tiny voice says "Papa Oz is all blue now" A deep breath is taken as said beast speaks, trying to be calm to the group of 5 dibbuns, "No desert today" A few whines are then heard.

Kurt hops into the kitchen about now, exploring and puffs out at the sudden noise and looks over, he tilts his head "Vhat all this...?"   

Benar pauses as he is crossing the room and stares at Oz for a long moment then turns to Kurt and smiles, "I believe it is the antics of our dibbuns. As we call our youngest."

Oz takes another deep breath, the blue dye all over him, mostly waist up but it slowly drips onto the floor, he reaches up and gets the bucket placing it by the side of the doorway " This will most likely take a few days to totally get out of my fur, not sure on the robes..." One of the dibbuns starts to hug the badger and decides he rather not be blue also "We is sorrys...." " we notta do gains" Oz sighs, he is still upset but has managed to calm down."Someone could of gotten hurt....and hello Benar and do we have a new guest?" His attention focuses on Benar and Kurt now as the 5 dibbuns look down at the floor and frown.   

Kurt tilts his head "Dibbuns...like eggchicks?" He shakes his head "Not looking like fun...I am Kurt, I live..." Where does he live? He blinks slowly, "Need find new home and badfur is gone now"   

Benar says, "Indeed they are our eggchicks Kurt,"  He smiles at the bird then turns to Oz, "This is our guest Kurt, he helped us against Quade's treachery. So is staying with us now here," He turns back to the robin, "You are welcome to stay here in the Abbey for as long as you like.”

Oz nods, "It is good to have a new friend." About this time Sister Ginny comes in and gasps, "What in the seasons...." Oz turns to her voice “Sister Ginny do take the dibbuns elsewhere for a little while I will join you shortly" The dibbuns are lead out of the room , the badger shakes his head hoping the mess is not too bad, it seems most missed the floor and got on him, he can deal with it later as he finishes speaking" Quade was defeated and has went to the dark forest, beasts injured are recovering in the infirm. We could use more birds but I would suggest not to go in the loft, the sparrows dislike other birds being there."   

Kurt fixes a wing feather, his other wing still is bandaged "Where stay then? Seen sparrow...sparrow odd call everything worm."   

Benar says, "The sparra have an odd way of seeing the world." He tilts his head, "Well it depends what sort of room you would like Kurt? You could have a room up on the third floor, above the dormitories with a large window so you can fly in and out."

Oz says, "There is a couple rooms not used up there, one being an old office and I think a smaller attic, I am unsure as rarely ever went up there myself"   

Kurt says, "Is not needing large room, just small nest area...is alone, no other robins. I could stay...maybe help with things needing to see up high"

Benar says, "That would be very welcome Kurt, we can always use more birds around to help us."

Oz nods “Not too many birds besides Sparra, the sparrows, and they keep to themselves most of the time. They do help when the abbey is in need though."   

Kurt nods once"Yes..I Kurt will help, not flying till wing healed but then help somehow yes."   

Benar says, "Well Kurt welcome to Redwall Abbey, it is a delight to have you here with us."

Oz smiles, "Yes welcome....right now is planting season and so far seems to be going fairly well, we usually have a spring feast but I am not sure that’s being planned or not." He frowns slightly as the blue dye on him dries some "I do hope the spring rains do not last too much longer, the dibbuns are clearly restless from the rain this week and before with worry of being outside on the abbey grounds too much the week before that, I will need to start planning  some activities and get some extra help, just 1-2 volunteers should do it"   

Kurt says, "I is thinking your fur be messed up for....not knowing how long...why eggchicks want to dump blue stuff all over anyways?"

Benar covers his muzzle with one paw to hide his smile, "I think you look quite.. startling like that Oz, very blue. As for the rain,I fear we are in for another couple of weeks of rain on and off." He frowns, "As for the feast, my spring feast plans were ruined by Quade kidnapping me... I thought perhaps we would have an extra-large, early summer feast."   

Oz raises an eyebrow at Benar before speaking again "Least no more worries and a large Summer Feast could be in order, should we still even name the Spring unless it just goes down as the Spring of no name.." He nods on the rain “Then rain does help things grow and that’s needed. And things could of gotten worse, we are lucky they didn’t and we had friends to help, Ferravale was a big help sneaking up from behind to surprise Quade and his so called horde and what little did flee most likely won’t be back"

Kurt says, "Be fools if back they came...I think will like the Abbey as nest..yes, maybe have next outside somewhere or unused small corner upstairs thinking."

Benar says, "Well there are plenty of tall trees in the orchard Kurt, you could make a nest in one of them. And come inside when it is cold at winter time?" He nods to Oz, "Indeed it could have been much worse"

Oz says, "Yes....things are fairly back to normal"   

Kurt says, "Tall tree then...till cold, but not cold for while yet, cold not back for long while now"   

Benar says, "Aye the cold has been banished and we have the long warm months of summer all laid out ahead of us now"

Oz says, "I rather enjoy spring and summer more than winter, but as for a feast, one for summer that’s early speaking with Friar Lacota would be best. I may even plan here in a couple weeks a small trip to pick some wild strawberries, some grow not too far into the woods but no trip is planned yet just an idea for now. But could be something enjoyable with the dibbuns maybe"

Kurt says, "maybe find place with sunflower seeds...those are good for snacks yes?"   

Benar says, "It would be nice to show every beast that we are not afraid and go out into the woodlands once more with our dibbuns. I shall talk to the Friar and make plans for our feast. Maybe more of a fayre. With stalls and shows and acrobats."

Oz says, "Could be a week long event with a feast the last day. As for going out into the woods as said not too soon it would happen and I would let you know a week in advance when it did happen as even when no threats are around always pays to be careful of surroundings, maybe have a couple of the beast from the Mossflower Defender group join us."   

Kurt says, "Games be fun, games for all small and tall and with or without feathers....and heard of Mossflower Defenders yes, they is good group"   

Benar turns to go talk quietly to a Novice who comes up beside him.

Oz says, "There is usually some form of entertainment and fun and good food to be had"   

Kurt asks, "Is sounding fun, guessing you take charge dibbuns during fun of feast days? Is guessing more than vhat here earlier"   

Oz nods"There is a good...well 40 or so dibbuns, and then families visit, I tend to stay close to the dibbuns as I am their caretaker...I don’t usually do more than talk to a few others and sometimes let Sister Ginny or another be in charge of the dibbuns towards the middle of the feast as I...well go to my room usually to relax, and tend to very little dibbuns or those that fell asleep."   

Benar exclaims, "My summer fayres are legendary! So much more fun then just a simple feast with contests and competitions and players!"

Kurt tilts his head"Not stay whole time??" He looks at the abbey “Contests...vhat kind contests?"   

Oz answers "A rather long story why....and yes, one year there was a baking contest I believe, could be one this year maybe best pie or just a desert of some sort. Maybe races, or a scavenger hunt of sorts or solve a riddle could be interesting with prizes based on the contest or game"   

Kurt says, "Maybe if enough birds have one for birds"   

Oz says, "Maybe...now if you excuse me I need to have a lecture with the dibbuns you saw earlier." He heads out of the room and on up the steps. "Have a good day"

Last edited by oz (2017-05-02 05:56:14 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#2 2017-05-03 01:15:36 PM

Leon

Re: Papa Oz Is Blue Now-Redwall Log

cool

I play
Cota-grandson of Dorarose
Micco-Leader of the Gawtribe

Board footer