Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-26 06:16:25 PM

Leon

The Hamster Wakes Up-Redwall Log

Log:
Leon-Master Healer and Brother in redwall
Edson-Member of Defenders
Minsc-member of Defenders
Lilymoore-Bell Ringer of Redwall

Leon is checking things in the infirm, he is hoping to finally get out or someone get out and get some needed herbs and supplies for the infirmary as he is, for now, still in the wheeled chair and makes his way into the main room of the infirm   

Edson sits by the bed of the hamster Minsc and sighs as it’s his turn to keep an eye on him.   

Minsc still has yet to wake up, his breathing and heartrate are a little better than before and he seemed to start to wake but then didn't. His recovery seems to be going a little slow.   

Leon wheels over to them "Hey....any change I need to know about? Xander was in here, but think he and Zolomon have headed out on their trip"   

Edson answers" No sir just that he is still alive and that’s what is important"       

Minsc is clearly alive as the up and down rising of his chest shows that, he stirs a little and maybe he is starting to wake up but it’s unclear just yet.   

Leon says, "He tried to attack a horde on his own, he is lucky others were there" He examines the hamster as he speaks "I need to get some supplies but for now can’t really on my own and Rayen for sure can’t at all"   

Edson asks, "The vixen? Yeah I figured...so what do ya need like herbs or bandages and things?"

Leon nods "I could give you a list, with pictures and an idea where they are but some herbs look like common weeds, and there is one herb that looks like a poison, very closely looking the same but one has 5 points on a leaf and the other 6. Bandages is something the market might have or Ferravale"

Edson says, "Well I could try or take someone with me that’s a student and they help me"

Minsc lets out a weak groan as he is examined and tenses up when his side is checked....."Owwwwww...." He says quietly, eyes still closed.   

Leon is right away a lot more alert when Minsc makes a noise "Minsc?" He checks a pulse and breathing again and seems, for now, to ignore the hedgehog but not on purpose, he knows he is there it’s just his focus is on Minsc.   

Edson jumps and goes to touch Minsc shoulder gently" Minsc....buddy?"   

Minsc takes a pained breath before opening his eyes slowly, no words yet as he seems only half here for now   

Leon says, "Ok relax, your safe in the Redwall Infirmary. You been unconcious for a few days now glad your waking up now"   

Edson smiles "Welcome back to the land of the living Minsc, us Defenders were starting to get mightily worried"   

Minsc groans as his eyes close and open again" Did...did we win or lose?" He frowns, he feels sore all over and still weak and maybe even hungry.   

Leon says, "Take it easy Minsc and yeah Quade and his horde friends were defeated, whatever was left is elsewhere and most likely won’t be back"   

Edson says, "Yeah and if they come back we can handle them"   

Minsc nods and tries to look around the room "Gorvenalus...where is he? He is ok right and don’t ...don't lie"   

Leon speaks "Other than the arrow to his shoulder, he is fine as he stayed inside. He was tended to and is resting, he is fine and will be told you have woken up"   

LilyMoore comes into the Infirmary, holding her paw close. "Daddy?" She looks like she's been crying as she makes her way over to her father.   

Edson says, "Yeah he is fine from wot I seen...." He gives a nod to the mouse maid as she comes into the room "Ello there lass"   

Minsc nods "Good...." He sounds tried and has decided to not talk too much.   

Leon waves to Lilymoore" Lilymoore...I am in here, just checking Minsc, you ok?"   

LilyMoore manages to smile at Edson and Minsc, and then she goes over to the Master Healer and holds out her paw. "My paw got squished while I was trying to move a wheelbarrow for the gardeners." said paw in swollen and bruising, and has some scratches and scrapes on it. "It really hurts," she adds, sounding ready to cry again.   

Edson frowns but lets the healer tend to it , he isn’t really much on healer but is willing to learn   

Leon examines her paw "Helping with spring planting I am guessing" He is careful to see if its broken or not. "I have a little bit of some herbs to place on it, need to get more herbs soon as I have a list of whats needed just not a way to go out right now"   

LilyMoore's paw is not broken, but it is badly sprained. She's gonna need to a note excusing her from Bell ringing lessons for a while. "Yeah....I like working in the gardens, and I'm pretty strong, so....so I offered to help push wheelbarrows around....and it tripped and fell on my paw." Tears of pain trickle down her cheeks as her paw gets checked. "Maybe....maybe when Momma and Nana and Uncle Emyuil get back, they can help you get more herbs," she manages, trying to think of something other than how much she hurts.   

Edson raises a paw "I can help as said before or least as a guard maybe just in case"   

Minsc closes his eyes to go back to sleep, he most likely needs it but at least he is out of danger of dying now   

Leon nods "Someone will need to ring the bells but I am sure Benar can find someone for...oh couple weeks maybe" He frowns in worry “I hope your mother is back soon..and your paw is badly sprang"   

"There, and he'll help, too," Lily says about the hedgehog, and then she gets a shocked look on her face. "A couple of weeks?! But....But....Owie!" she sits down on the floor as more tears leak down her cheeks. "....okay, Daddy." She  lets him bandage it up or whatever he needs to do.   

Edson says, "I would say that’s good as the less you use it the faster it will heal and I hope they are back soon also"   

Leon smiles as he gently bandages it and leans back in his chair with a sigh" The one bad thing of fights...suddenly way too busy"   

LilyMoore sighs and goes to try and crawl into her father's lap. "I wish it hadn't been my right paw; that's the one I write with." After a few minutes, she adds, "I offered to help pick flowers for the funerals. I wish I could ring the bells for them."   

Edson says, "Picking flowers is always nice. They would like that lass"   

Leon says, "It will be fine, maybe...oh never mind he left for a while...ummm hmmm well someone will still ring bells not to worry""   

LilyMoore nods. "Yeah....it's just....yeah." She smiles a tiny bit at the hedgehog. "Thanks. Have we met? I'm Lily, and Leon and DoraRose are my parents." She doesn't offer to shake his paw.   

Edson nods as he offers a smile. "Edson, a member of the Mossflower Defenders one of the warriors. nice to meet you”   

Leon checks a couple low cabinets and writes something down and places the rolled up paper in his pocket “Well least now all there is to think on is a Spring Feast soon, and there is course planting season going under way and bit better now that there is no worries"   

"Nice to meet you," Lily says politely and sincerely. "A Warrior? I wanna be a Warrior. What weapon do you use?" She flops onto a cot and scowls at her paw. "Is there anything I can do to help with an injured paw?"   

Edson grins "I have a war hammer and daggers, though I recently used a short sword  as it was the quickest thing to grab at the time of the fighting and being a warrior requires a lot and can be dangerous at times lass”

Leon frowns but speaks on other subjects " Pick flowers...maybe check supplies and someone else writes them down, you could ask Oz if you could do story time with the dibbuns" He smiles "Still things to do for anyone   

LilyMoore's eyes light up at the mention of the weapons. "Wicked cool! Momma's learning how to use a war hammer, in addition to her battle axe and bastard sword." She perks up at her father's suggestions. "Oh, yeah! I love reading to the Dibbuns; I had forgotten about that." She scoots forward. "Friar Lacota would probably not be open to a taste tester, right?" Besides, that's a hare's job, right? wink

Edson says, "I say who ever goes near dibbuns are brave"   

Leon chuckles "Oz handles the dibbuns fairly well and your have to ask Lacota that Lilymoore you might be able to help with a new recipe maybe I don’t know"   

LilyMoore smiles at the hedgehog. "Oh, they're not /that/ bad. Then again, I used to be one of the worst, so maybe that has something to do with it.....oooh, yeah! I should totally ask him!" She bounces up to her feet, then sits back down. "But maybe after dinner.....he's probably super busy right now."   

Edson says, "Well least he doesn’t have the hare to worry about, Zolomon left with Xander to go...umm forgot where"   

Leon nods "Yes dibbuns are....ok, I had them once cover me in sticky stuff and leaves and roll me into a bed sheet, was when I was a novice and right before I became a Brother in the order..."He smiles and chuckles "Oz was in the infirm and I forbid them from coming in....yeah they got revenge"   

LilyMoore looks at the hedgehog. "Wait, they left? Are they coming back?" Then, at her father's story, she envisions it....and starts giggling. "Really? Oh, man....."

Edson says, "Well I hope they come back they said they would"   

Leon nods "Was before you were born..but I get along with them better now"   

LilyMoore smiles. "Well, you do have yucky things you can make them drink as punishment....but you're so nice, I don't think you would do that." She goes to give him a hug. "Zolomon and Xander will get back safely, I'm sure." She is full of confidence.   

Edson says, "I think I am gonna head off. Can’t stay watch over Minsc too long and I can let some others know he woke up" So he slips from the room"

Leon frowns "Yucky stuff to drink....no I only give needed mixtures for illnesses or when it’s needed for injuries sometimes, that’s the only time." He nods and looks to the door hoping someone else is back soon.

LilyMoore waves to the hedgehog. "Bye! Have a good day!" She then goes to hug her father again, her smile fading. "Do you think Momma and Nana and Uncle Emyuil are okay?"   

Leon nods "I am sure of it....hope so. I mean I have yet to hear anything happen"       

LilyMoore sighs and looks at the floor. "I wish I was a Warrior; I could've gone and helped." She shudders. "Quade needed to be stopped. I.....it was really scary down there in....in his prison," she ends in a whisper.   

Leon goes, if allowed, to hug her "I...have an idea, I was a captive of a crazy fox once...and yeah Quade tricked a lot of us, but he slipped when he tried to poison some tea, one reason we need some mint leaves, well did get a small tiny bit of mint couple days ago but it was mainly for tea"   

LilyMoore lets her father hug her, and snuggles close to him. "I wish the bad thoughts would go away; his guards were mean," she whispers. She goes to hide her face in the front of his habit. "I've had nightmares about it."   

Leon says, "Maybe try and talk to someone about it, talking helps or do something to get your mind off it"   

LilyMoore nods, then starts to hesitantly tell her father of how a couple of the guards liked to hit her, and tell her lies to scare her, and all sorts of horrible things. She doesn't tell him everything, but she does tell him some of the things.

Leon listens and hugs her when needed and then he decides milk and cookies are a great and wonderful   idea and they head to their home to have a snack .

I play
Cota-grandson of Dorarose
Micco-Leader of the Gawtribe

Board footer