Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-24 06:07:59 PM

The_Brony_Marek

Things Will Be Fine While Your Away

Marek has stayed in the infirm, just to make sure he behaves and he goes along with it, a guard otter watches him but seems rather bored   

Xander steps into the infirm and goes to check on Minsc and sighs in worry "Please don't die while I am away.“

Marek looks over and sits up, he stands and goes over to him and the hamster "Mr. Minsc is under the care of good healers and where are you going Mr. Xander?"   

Xander answers "Salamastron...let them know some things, and bout mom...since last time she....and I...was on the western coast, wasn’t the best time and neither of us stayed at the mountain, I left real quick and she followed me, it was about the time I was looking for one of the chests that Corporal Flint had at the time, he brought it to me at the tavern in town there....small chest had the pommel jewel of the blade least, figured give them an update. I won’t be gone long as river makes it a week and not two and it’s a day to the river and like a couple days to the mountain from where the sea and river meet..Zolomon and someone named Leafeyes is tagging along"   

Marek rubs his stub of a paw “I suppose I can keep an eye on the Defenders that stay here....but when you return we need to chat, I have something important to discuss"   

Xander says, "We talked remember"   

Marek says, "This is more...something else. So by the time your back stop at the tavern in Ferravale I should be back then...see I have my own trip to plan but something else needs made sure of before then. I am hopefully heading back to Ferravale soon to check on my tavern, I do trust beasts to not mess it up before I get there"

Xander says, "I don’t think anyone would mess up the tavern they would have you and Blisa to worry about if they did"   

Marek says, "Yes that is correct...as for a boat if you need one. I know a beast by the river, look for a grumpy ferret named Mack tell him Marek sent you and he will help you...and get you back as well"

Xander says, "Thanks Marek, and I let others know of my trip I just hope things stay calm for a while"   

Marek nods "I am sure they will. I have a feeling Mr. Quade is no longer a threat. I overheard a sparrow telling Mr. Leon that his wife is fine and that Mr. Angela as well as Mr. Emyuil is fine as well and that Quade is dead. So no more worries on that Mr. Xander"   

Xander asks, "Well it’s a leaders job to worry, isn’t it? To always know where one's group members are or least try and know where they are best one can."

Marek says, "You are correct, you are a good leader...far better than I ever was"   

Xander frowns a little but not cause he doesn’t believe the stoat, just he still has some unsureness

Marek watches him and explains "Also with you as leader there is no chance to look down on the group as when I ran it...there was, few trust me and some lost the trust cause of Quade and seem to not want to give it back. Trust is hard to gain and easy to lose and I still do not have full trust of the one beast important here, and I am uncertain why he lets me stay inside...maybe cause I am..guarded and that’s Mr. Benar"

Xander says, "Well maybe, you did risk your life to let him get free, you could of been killed when the rescue happen and you almost died if you hadn’t stumbled into the abbey"

Marek says, "A risk I took and just happen to come across the right beasts at the time"   

Xander nods, he then thinks a while "So...what is it that needs discussing, I mean if it’s important"   

Marek is quiet "As mentioned or maybe didn’t....someone to watch tavern, I will make sure things are in order before that and if needed let another speak to you but shouldn’t be an issue. There will be the whole tavern up and down stairs, and your have the Defenders of course and that hut that was Mr. Zee's that’s now yours but I am sure your be fine.   

Xander says, "I was gonna leave in the morning, get some supplies at Ferravale and then head off, get some supplies here too I guess"   

Marek says, "I do hope it’s wise to take the walking stomach on legs"   

Xander chuckles "Zolomon will be fine, he listens to me and if I say go easy on some rations, he will listen"   

Marek says, "See another good point...he listens to you far better than he did me...I am most glad he is tagging along with you"   

Xander says, "Edson, dorarose, Kurt as he is recovering, henry are staying here....me and Zolomon and that Leafeyes are going on the trip..Minsc is here...and hope he survives and is alive and well when I get back"

Xander says, "Oh and Brookshire is well somewhere around"

Marek says, "Things will be fine while your away I will even get beasts started on rebuilding the headquarters"

Xander nods “That would be good, most of the supplies to build are fine, just like a stack of 5 boards got burnt that one day”

Marek nods as he listens” I may tag along as far as Ferravale as I do need to return or I may just wait till Blisa is ready to leave since no threats are out there I see no real reason to stay here, I need to get back to my tavern, sort some things out and have some time alone to think”

Xander glances over “I could get you some time alone to think now if like”

Marek looks over “And how would you do that Mr. Xander?”

Xander walks over to the guard and speaks with him as the guard walks off and Xander sits down “I am your guard now. Few go to the fire pit, you could sit, mediate maybe and I could just watch from a distance.”

Marek manages a smile “Alright…led the way and you can stay  by the fire pit as well, you are my guard so….sides talking helps one get over the death of a loved one,”

Xander nods “True “ He then leads him to the fire pit and sits on a far beach, he ends up falling asleep after a little while

Marek sits down and closes his eyes, after some mediation he just watches the stars quietly, no that stars do anything but it’s a clear night and why not just relax. He wipes away a few tears and  spends the night just sitting there till he too is tried and he falls asleep

===Next day===

Xander wakes up and frowns , he looks around and seeing Marek he goes over to gently tap his shoulder

Marek opens his eyes and blinks, a large yawn “What?”

Xander notes the sun coming up, “I am gonna eat breakfast and then head off on my trip…guess see you in…oh…3..maybe 4 weeks” He then heads off.

Marek just nods before sitting up and slowly standing, well he may as well get breakfast also and…oh joy the otter guard as he just ignored the guard and they both head to breakfast

Board footer