Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-22 03:36:32 PM

The_Brony_Marek

Quade's Last Day-Quade TP

Quade sits in the old mine shaft , he has some bandages with him and a little healing supplies. He rips the arrow out and cusses loudly as 5 rats, 3 stoats and a couple ferrets stay nearby. A tall fox guards the entry as Quade looks around, his tail mostly gone, he has a gash on his arm and that arrow wound on his upper back now.

In the shadows near the entrance, a killer waits. The Half-Rat takes in the situation at a glance, picking targets. His sister's axe Nightsong is slung over his back, but the sword Nevermore will be his weapon of choice today. He draws the blade, which he darkened with soot ahead of time to hide its shine. Every cell of Emyuil's body is calling for blood, but with an effort he waits for DoraRose.   

DoraRose silently comes up beside her brother like a whisp of smoke. Her blue eyes are hard as she shifts her grip on her new war hammer. She's decided that having a 3rd weapon would be a good idea today; anger makes overkill seem adequate. Her sword is strapped to her side, all sooted up, too, which is undoubtedly making a mess in its sheath. Angela is near the evil squirrel, her leg chained to the wall. "I am willin' to patch up yer wounds." She's been in similar positions in her life before, and she seems to be taking this whole mess all in stride.   

Quade glares at the mouse, "Just stay cozy we won’t stay here long, need to find a better location those fool Mossflower Defenders know where this place is...then again there is one less of them now" Least he believes this. He has his very low among of followers now. One rat frowns "Maybe we should just give up.." Quade stabs the rat, well one less helper.   

Gesturing with a paw in the dark, Emyuil indicates the tall fox that was supposed to be on guard duty, mouthing, /I'll take him./ It takes all he has to wait for DoraRose rather than rushing in; his eyes blaze with fury when he sights Angela.

Shrugging, Angela looks at her claws. "Whatever, young 'un. I wouldn't poison you, if that's what ye're worried about; I don't poison wounds that I'm supposed to be fixin'." Dora nods and smiles grimly. Eyeing the closest rat, she makes a few small, experimental swings with her hammer, then mouths 'Charge'. When he charges, she will, too, swinging her hammer at the rat's head! Whack-a-rat! Brouhaha!   

Quade rolls his eyes "I could care less....you will tend to my wounds and then I aim to slay a couple beasts before I drag you north, hope you like the cold as you have to get used to it. I will rebuild my army and then come back stronger to this land"   

Emyuil breathes deeply, once, twice, and then Quade's threat of dragging Angela north, which the old mouse probably wouldn't survive, makes him snap. A scream echoes through the cavern as he cannons into the guard fox, sword held out in front of him and ripping through the beast's chest.   

DoraRose manages to play whack-a-rat, and as her victim crumples to the ground in a very, very dead fashion, the Warrior turns and, with a roar, lunges at one of the weasels! Angela purses her lips. "North? Seriously? Why do all of you beasts who capture me think going North is a good idea....oh, fer th'love..." She merely sighs as her 2 hot-headed grandchildren come thundering into the scene and start killing beasts. She starts nonchalantly searching for a rock, figuring that the evil squirrel will use killing her as a threat to make the 2 Warriors give up. She might as well find something to use for self-defense....

The fox dies rather quickly without much of a gurgle and the rat soon follows. Quade jumps up and grabs his sword as his eyes narrow. “What in the seasons...fine want to die so badly now....so be it!" He snaps his fingers and sends whats left of his horde to take on  the two mice, about 7..no 6 now as one stoat dies.   

Emyuil sees nothing but Quade's face, eyes locked on like a hawk's to prey as he hacks his way forward, parrying a blade stroke from one of the remaining rats, still screaming and he battles his way to the squirrel. "I'll kill you! I'LL KILL YOU ALL!"   

DoraRose leaves all the screaming to her brother, and stays silent as she ducks a swing from a stoat and intentionally drops her hammer on his foot. While he screams and drops his weapon, she draws her sword and tries to behead him to death! Angela has found a rock, and now she's busily trying to find the key for the chain that's connecting her to the wall while keeping a hold of her weapon.   

Quade grins as he swings his blade towards Emyuil, "How about I gut ya with my blade...well its mine now seeing as its former owner is a little dead now!" Meanwhile the stoat does lose his head as his body crashes to the dirt floor, a rat dies as does another from the other mouse’s blade and a ferret tries to sneak up behind him. The squirrel doesn’t notice Angela trying to escape, oh and those keys are on the wall...on a hook close to where Quade was but just out of reach, barely....but maybe she can find something to reach them still.   

"Wrong!" Emyuil bellows, parrying the blade with sparks flying. "I'LL DRINK YOUR BLOOD INSTEAD!" Swinging his sword around towards Quade's sword-arm's bicep, the Half-Rat is barely aware of the fact that he's starting to be taken over by the Bloodwrath. The ferret behind him manages to reach Emyuil, but the mouse is moving too quickly to allow the vermin a good strike yet, even while unaware of the beast's presence.   

DoraRose spots the ferret who's sneaking up on her brother and roars, leaping at him and going to stab him in the chest! "NOBEAST HURTS MY FAMILY!!!" Angela scowls at the keys, then starts looking around for a thingy to use to extend her reach. Oh, there, a sword! She reaches for it, and her fingers just barely brush it. The old Healer strains, trying to grab the weapon.....   

Quade is too focused on the battle as the ferret falls dead, The squirrel gets a large gash on his side and blood pours as he yells out in pain and goes to stab the mouse but his aim is off from his chest!   

The sword thrust punches into Emyuil's arm, but the mouse doesn't scream in pain--he roars in hatred, too far gone to the Bloodwrath to feel more than annoyance at the wound. Blood pours down his arm and he switches paws quickly before he loses strength in what would otherwise be his sword paw. Thrusting forward again, he aims for Quade's throat, riskily leaving his side unprotected for a moment. What does it matter if he gets hurt, if he ends Quade's life here? At least, that's what his fogged mind is saying.   

DoraRose has killed a ferret! Tugging on her sword, she discovers it's stuck, so she releases it and yanks her axe off of her brother's side and attacks the remaining horde beasts. Angela has managed to grab the sword and, after abandoning her rock, she uses both paws to maneuver her new weapon to get the keys off the wall. Success! They clatter to the ground, and the old mouse quickly snags them and starts trying to set herself free.   

Quade is surprised as the blade cuts into his throat and staggers back holding a paw to it as blood pours down and he drops the blade Furyblazor onto the floor, the blade he claimed to be his and its rightful owner is Minsc. He snorts and gurgles and eyes dim some, but he still fights as he grips his blade with the last of his strength and swings at the mouse, but it’s not a strong swing and fairly weak.

Emyuil wasn't expecting another attack, and he takes another wound, this time to his lower right leg. He stumbles, but steadies himself quickly. As his own blood trickles down his arm, he grips his sword as tight as he can. Eyes full of Bloodwrath, he spits, "This is for my family," As he brings down the blade into Quade's chest, ramming it through the squirrel's ribcage with maniacal strength. He rips it out and stabs again, and again. "YOU--PIECE--OF--WALKING--FILTH! I'LL SEND YOU TO /HELL/!" Finally, he leans on the pommel of his sword, the blade of which is still buried in Quade's chest. He checks to make sure the squirrel is dead, just as he begins to feel the full effects of his wounds. He winces, clutching a bloodstained paw to his arm and releasing his sword. Breathing heavily, he struggles to stand, landing on his knees on the tunnel floor next to Quade's cooling form.   

Quade feels the first stab as he drops the blade he held weakly and the blade clanks to the floor one last time. His eyes cloud over in death mist, he is already dead when the next couple stabs happen and his body falls limp to the ground as the last stab happens. The two horde beasts left look in shock and horror and one may need a change of clothing now .

DoraRose is already on one of the remaining horde beasts, trying to chop him to a very quick death with her axe. As the other one runs off in his wet pants, screaming like a terrified banshee, the mouse turns just in time to see her brother collapse. "Emmy!" she cries as she runs to him. Angela has freed herself and grabs the herb satchel. Stiffly dragging herself over to her grandson, she digs out sewing supplies and herbs. "Quickly, get me bandages to apply pressure with!" The Warrior complies, knowing that the faster she works, the sooner her brother will (hopefully) stop bleeding to death.

Emyuil grunts something or other hoarsely as he tries to drag himself upright with his sword hilt. He's barely conscious, but knows somewhere in his mind that he must remain awake or he'll die. Probably.   

One horde beast dies and the other made it out alive to live another day and vows to stay clear of mice forever!

DoraRose goes to shove her brother down and hold him still. "He's dead, now don't make me sit on you. And if you die, I'll kill you in your sleep and never speak to you again!" She may or may not be slightly crazy from her adrenaline rush and near-Bloodwrath experience. Angela is busily stitching, cleaning, and herbifying her grandson's wounds, working on them from the most severe to the least. She is fast but skilled; she's had scores of seasons worth of practice, after all. They'll probably have to stay here for a few days to let him rest up..

Emyuil holds still, reason returning to his eyes. "Thanks 'rose. Thanks Nana," he breathes. He manages to hold on long enough for his wounds to be dressed before he passes out.

The rest of the day and night is quiet and if supplies are needed, well there is some food here that’s safe to eat mainly apples, rice cakes, pears and some sunflower seeds and a barrel of fresh water. May not be the best place to stay, but no one will brother them here.

Last edited by The_Brony_Marek (2017-04-23 05:45:11 AM)

Board footer