Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-21 03:41:00 PM

Leon

Discussion-Redwall Log/ Quade TP

In the log Phantom pain is mentioned this is a link to explain it and enjoy the log
https://www.verywell.com/spotlight-on-p … in-2564569

Log:
Leon-Master Healer
Xander-Leader of the Defenders
Marek-Staot
Patch-Rat
Bandit-Fox and Head Guard of Redwall
Rascal-Fox

RW Abbey:Infirmary
-----------------------
Several beds are lined against the red sandstone walls of the Abbey's Infirmary. An examination table, separated from the rest of the room by hanging blankets, rests against the far wall.  Tucked into a small alcove is a sizeable workbench with various containers for mixing and preparing medicinal compounds.  Against another wall is a desk for use by the Infirmary Keeper.  A curtained off alcove behind the desk hides a locked door to the Infirmary's supplies and linens.
-----------------------

Marek was in the infirm under close guard, his paw or least where his paw use to be, was paining him. He also had a fresh bandage on his side as other wounds were healing.   

Xander stepped into the infirmary and sat down. Most of the day yesterday was blur, he remembered what was important but parts of the fight, not so much. He cleaned up and now just had a simple robe on. His armor protected him from most injuries and the fact he wasn’t in the battle fully till towards the end when he got a cut to his arm, that still needed looked at but the blood was caked now and it was clean, but blood stared to seep again slowly.   

Marek takes note of the badger and got up to walk over to him "Mr. Xander, you should get your arm tended to, even if the wound is not that bad"   

Xander says, "I am fine...:"He sounded tired as he looked at the arm and sighed" Others were worse....or dead I didn’t die, I just...just failed "   

Leon wheeled into the room as he was still in the wheeled chair, for now though he could stand for a little while "One it would get infected, two you should of came here sooner, yes its been...busy but still" He goes to get some needed herbs for swelling and infection fighting and goes to apply them to the wound, it a stich or two is needed he does that before bandaging it up "How is your vision?"

Marek steps back "Hello Mr. Leon." He rubs his paw stump and mutters something before sitting down as a guard closely watches him.   

Xander allows the help and answer" My vison is good now..light doesn’t hurt now as did before"   

Leon nods “And what do you mean failed?"   

Xander frowns "I let Quade get away, he took Angela"

Marek says, "You did not fail Mr. Xander, you did the right thing. Mr. Quade is seriously wounded as well, he will be stopped and his captive set free."

Patch pokes his head into the infirm to see who was here.

Leon says, "I heard....and it could of been worse, she could of been killed. She wasn’t and I don’t think she will be, Quade needs her for healing right now"

Xander frowns "But I could of stopped him but I froze cause he had a blade at her throat and said he would kill her, and then he got away and now certain beasts probably hate me" Great now here comes the tears.   

Patch steps in "Ummm I don’t hate ya stripy and I am sure others don’t either..I mean things could a' been worse"   

Xander asks, "How worse?" He frowns "I don’t deserve to still be leader of Mossflower Defenders” He glances at Marek "You should take it back over, was your group to begin with"

Marek blinks, well one way to forget paw pain or stump pain guess “No....you are the leader now Mr. Xander, not me....nor will I be again."   

Leon finishes bandaging and checks on some others from the fight, "Marek has a point, and you’re a good leader Xander. You did well from what heard during the fight and everything going on"   

Patch backs up "ummmmm well no one major died on the good side right?" He decides to just sit down and shut up.   

Xander says, "I don’t know...I mean I didn’t stay inside and I saw Minsc....."He holds back a sob" And I just wanted Quade to die for all that he has done. He still has a small group of beasts, very small but knowing him it will be large again in time. And how is it good? I let him get a captive and get away, I let a member of the group..die and an otter that wanted to join died. His name was Rick."

Marek listens "And more could of died had the fight not happen, some of the ones who ran away were killed by some tall hare and not sure where others went whom I am sure will stay gone. And you were a good leader in the sense you DID back up, Quade would of killed the healer had you not and maybe anyone else who then attacked him and yes he could of killed her anyhow but he didn’t. I will add you also know where his base is correct?"   

Leon helps a mouse that was hurt redo a cast on their leg" You shouldn’t go rushing off to this base, maybe get ones better able to fight right now to go you need to stay and recover, and not just from wounds I think that battle took a lot out of you Xander from the fighting and what was seen"

Patch shivers "Yeah not a pretty picture...chaos and stuff"   

And then there were foxes. Admittedly Bandit should be in the infirm anyway. His foot paw and leg are bandaged and he walks on a crutch. A lot of the head guards fierceness is lost without his armor. Wearing just a tunic swift fox walks into the room carring a plate stacked high with Redwall breakfast. A bagel is stuffed into his muzzle.   

Beyond them there walks a second fox, while also a bit heavy set Rascal is nowhere near as burly as Bandit. "Do you need anything else good sir? Pillow fluffed? Wine? More food? Witty stories? We wouldn't want the head guard of Ferravale to be uncomfortable." Bandit lets out a groan muffled by his bagel. He knew when a beast was trying to butter him up for something and Rascal has been trying for the last half hour...   

Marek shakes his head "Two fat foxes seem to have invaded" He rubs his paw stub again and grumbles.   

Xander shrugs, he looks up as he sees the foxes "Oh..it’s just Bandit and umm..Rascal think" He folds his paws in his lap .   

Leon folds his arms over his chest as he watches from his chair "Do not go overboard with the food please, sharing is good" He notes Marek's grumble “Your paw hurting again?"   

Patch tilts his head "Maybe they are hares in fox skins, one never knows they seem to want to eat like a hare"   

Removing his bagel Bandit gives Marek a cross look, "I will take that as a compliment from the beast who /actually/ invaded. And yall can consider this the price of coming to help save yer tails from the fire again." he turns to the second fox, "Now what are you pestering me for Mr..?" he leaves the question hanging for Rascal to answer.   

"Rascal. I was wondering, when all the vermin warriors head back to Ferravale if...if I might tag along."   

"Rascal...rascal...that name sounds familiar." Bandit thinks for a moment, "Havn't I seen your name on a warrant from Tussock or something?"   

"Aaaaaaaaaand look at the time. Darn the luck, would you look at that," Rascal laughs nervously as he backs away towards the door, "I have to be...somewhere for...something..." And beats a hasty retreat out of the infirm.   

Marek watches as the fox leaves before speaking"How is it possible for something not even there to hurt.....and yes Mr. Bandit I did take over the abbey some seasons ago, for a little over a season in fact...guess I was smarter than most but now I am an ally of Redwall and of the Mossflower Defenders." He looks at Xander "Me and you have something to discuss Mr. Xander and soon rather than later"   

Xander asks, "Discuss what? I don’t have any sort of plan to help Angela or...finish off Quade....yet"   

Leon says, "It’s called ghost or phantom pain, I had it when I lost my paw and it hurt for weeks till it slowly stopped, every once in a while it hurts but rarely and not nearly as bad as right after I lost it"

"Oh don't get yer tail in a bunch ye mangy ol rug..." Bandit begins to say before his attention is drawn to the fact that Marek is missing something important. His eyes widen for a moment but his voice softens. "Blazes Marek. I..." he shakes his head, sitting down on his bed, "I guess no one can say you haven’t repaid any debt you owe to Redwall. It's part of the reason I don't frequent this place too much these days. Too many battles. I figured if I stayed for too long one of them would have finally buried me. That, or the food." He says before working on his 'meal'.   

Marek is quiet before he speaks" I lost in the battle to free Mr. Benar and Minsc, as well as myself from Quade and his so called friends, a cat maned Rowtag fought me and I threw a lighted touch at him before fleeing myself, the torch also helped less blood loss to happen with my sword paw. Some have forgiven me from what happens seasons back and some....have not"   

Xander has known Leon was missing a paw but never asked "So how did you lose your paw Brother Leon? You never fight or anything...did you once?"

Leon answers after checking supplies, he frowns they are out of a couple things and low on a couple others "I was in the attic and...well a spider bite my paw, the next day it swelled up from the poison and I went into a faint. Your grandfather and a friend of mine named Angelo, who was a healer, saved my life but in order to do so they had to cut my paw off and seal the wound at the forge. I learned to use my tail and one paw, as well as the stub to still do my healer duties. I came very close to dyeing a couple times I was told, they saved my life doing what they did"   

Giving proof to the 'hare in fox skin' theory, Bandit's food suddenly disappears. It's like maaaaaaaaaaaaaagic. He gives a soft belch before setting the plat down on the table. "Sorry to hear that Leon. It's one thing to lose a limb to an enemy, another to lose it to a bug..." The fox takes a deep breath, sighing he continues, "I feel the scars." He says, before explaining, "The deep ones. I can feel this...dead space, ya know? I got used to it but if I move in just the right way I'm reminded that they are there."   

The fox begins to chuckle, "If I feel this sore now I really do not want to know what old age will feel like. So I'm off to go grab some more food and eat myself into an early grave." He smiles, standing up with the aid of his crutch, "Afterward I'm taking a wagon back to Ferravale. Today. Sorry that I can't really stay and chat but I still have duties back in the village. Take care all, stay safe, and stop starting wars around here! Yall are supposed to be pacifists ya kin?" Bandit laughs again, waving to them as he hobbles to the door.   

Marek says, "I would be careful Mr. Bandit, Mr. Quade is still out there and still has a group, small as it may be and whatever followers of his that fled and didn’t get killed by the large hare on the path will also be out there somewhere""

Xander frowns as he looks down "Oh, sorry I asked I was just curious. and living a long long time isn’t bad, my Uncle Zee lived a long time before he died and he died of old age....died sitting in a chair" He frowns remembering seeing him, he wasn’t there when he died as he missed it by mere moments.   

Leon sighs “Zee was fairly old yes...and its fine Bandit. Just one of the things that can kill.....not all beasts die in battles or even of old age, some die of other causes"   

The fox shivers on the way out, dyeing in a chair surrounded by his lack of loved ones. It's clear which way bandit would rather meet his end. "Thanks for the advice. Be safe." He says to all of them before heading out.   

Marek waves and turns to Xander" Mr. Zee was well liked and respected by many and is sadly missed. He was a good beast and good friend.   

Xander frowns as a tear goes down his face "I...miss him, sometimes wander if he would still be proud of me or not. I...been through a lot since he died and guess grown up a lot too"   

Leon says, "He would be. Most your age most likely couldn’t handle some of the things you been through, like the past few weeks...yes sad times and the battle yesterday was most likely scary and sudden too, you handled things good...got beasts inside and made sure others were ok and being where they were needed and making sure they were safe, you had the Mossflower Defender group do well and you got injured here, which reminds me..Minsc isn’t dead, he is alive...barely but alive and there is a chance he would not be if you didn’t go out. Yes Angela is a captive but there is less of Quade's beast to deal with and you can tell someone where his base is as guessing it has to be fairly close"

Marek says, "It is close not too far from Ferravale path, unless he moved it if remembering correctly"   

Xander replies "Old mine tunnel down a forest path off Ferravale path is where he had it and most likely hasn’t moved it yet"   

Leon nods "Please don’t get any ideas Xander of rushing off. Not without a plan at least."   

Marek nods "Yes listen to Mr. Leon...as for me I am getting some rest good day and Mr. Xander we still need to chat later today" He then lays down for some rest.   

Xander says, "I understand I will stay...."He then asks "Does you or Dorarose hate me by the way?"   

Leon blinks at the question "Hate you? Why would we hate you? Your our friend"   

Xander says, "I...Quade got away and with Dora's grandma and she was crying and...I could of done something and I didn’t even try, I failed her and Angela...a leader isn’t supposed to fail" He gets up and starts to head to the door.

Leon quickly wheels over to the doorway "Xander...stop, please and he could of killed her also, you stopped that from happening, it was the only thing you could do. You are not always going to win and this isn’t over yet trust me.Quade will be hunted down and now we for sure know where he is most likely. He is also injured, he went from like over 150 beast to what 10-12 or something and I am sure at least a couple of them are wounded as well, I heard Quade got his tail chopped off and an arrow to his upper back, that did some damage I am sure, plus whatever other cuts and bruises and even with Angela's help as a healer, not like he can just bounce back that fast"   

Xander frowns, ok there is the other door and he quickly goes out of it instead, tears going down his face as he goes to just walk, where is unclear but hopefully its inside the abbey.   

Leon sighs as he watches Xander head out the other door, he then goes to help a novice with a sparrow that has just woken up.

I play
Cota-grandson of Dorarose
Micco-Leader of the Gawtribe

Board footer