Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-18 10:39:06 PM

oz

Question The Robin, Then Quiet Time-Redwall Log/ Quade TP Log

Log
Oz-papa Oz and dibbun caretaker
Benar-Abbot of Redwall
Quade-evil squirrel
Minsc-Hamster
Xander-Leader of Mossflower Defenders
Kurt-Robin

== I added some things from earlier as they seemed important as well, Benar speaks with the bird Kurt…later Oz shows up and then Benar again.===

RW Abbey: Infirm
-----------------------------
Several beds are lined against the red sandstone walls of the Abbey's Infirmary. An examination table, separated from the rest of the room by hanging blankets, rests against the far wall.  Tucked into a small alcove is a sizeable workbench with various containers for mixing and preparing medicinal compounds.  Against another wall is a desk for use by the Infirmary Keeper.  A curtained off alcove behind the desk hides a locked door to the Infirmary's supplies and linens.
----------------------------

Kurt was still tied to a cot and at the moment was trying to peck at the rope to get free. His wing still bandaged but he figured he could hop fairly quickly. He puffed out in anger and about fell off the cot he was on.   

Xander was semi awake when he heard the bird and blinked a few times, thanks to Quade's 2nd in command his vison was still so dark , he still couldn’t see as he sat up and "Hello....ummm Mr. Robin?"   

Kurt spun around and glared "Its Kurt..stupid stripedog needs back off now"   

Xander frowns" I..I don’t plan on hurting you. I am Xander and leader of the Mossflower Defenders, I was hoping we could talk. Just some info on Quade I am not looking for friendship as you most likely are not either" He keeps his distance, one to be careful and two he is unsure where the bird is.

Kurt studies the badger, watching his movements before he tilts his feathered head “What is wrong with you?" He is curious and adjusts a tail feather, "What want info for...I will tell nothing"   

Xander nods "Alright.....and Rowtag used some sort of powder on me...threw it in my eyes and hopefully its temporary,Minsc said it is as Quade used it before or had a beast who works for him use it." He lays down slowly and sighs."Sorry to brother you Kurt." He is silent before asking "How is your wing?" He leaves it up to the robin if he answers or not.   

Kurt just stays silent before quietly speaking "Wing being fine....why is stripdog asking?" He hops a little closer and studies the badger again.." Blinding powder...tis temporary yes but usually not given chance to recover...how you breathing and speaking now?"   

Xander is startled a little and is surprised the bird is speaking so he decides to answer" My other group members helped me..Rowtag is dead. But I am guessing that’s not the only strong beast he has."   

Kurt again quiet, then speaks "Rowtag always seem...too for sure of self..surprised not dead sooner. Quade has others strong yes and not so strong...150 beasts he calls friend. Plans to attack Redwall and Ferravale."   

Xander listens "He may have a little less now, Zolomon mentioned 2 rats and a couple stoats that died and that Quade escaped...most likely to keep them from getting to where me and Rowtag was....."He frowns as he closes his eyes " If they didn’t get there when they did I most likely would be dead...probably headless Rowtag said something about my head looking good on a pike...I couldn’t see and he had me pinned down...then my friends arrived and saved my life and led me back to the abbey."   

Kurt chirps a little, he can't get too close with the dumb rope on his talon, he circles in a small area and looks ready for a nap, but before he slips into sleep he does answer one thing "Wing is feeling better....thank you"   

Xander nods "Your welcome." He leaves it at that and decides to get some more rest himself.   

==Some Time Passes==

Kurt sits like most birds on one of the cots, talon still tied to a post on the cot. He eyes the bandage and still seems surprised they helped him as he picks at the bandage a little. He had pecked the rope some but hasn’t for a while as if he either gave up or just plain stopped.   

The door opens and Benar steps inside, the grey squirrel talks quietly with the sister on duty then approaches the bed. He frowns at the rope but doesn't comment for now though he definitely looks displeased, "Good afternoon friend Robin," He says softly, "I understand you had an accident whilst scouting out my bell tower for Quade."   

Kurt looks over at the Abbot "You are the Abbot of the red walled Abbey...what wanting now?"   

Benar asks, "I mostly want to ask why are you working for Quade? He wishes to burn this place down and kill everyone who lives here. Surely you can see that this is wrong?"

Kurt shifts some as he looks at the rope "Quade keep me long long time.....why abbey help me? Stripdog said no harm for me..seems to try and be friend...why?" He is quiet before replying “I am Kurt...messenger and spy for Quade yes, gather info, take info or..." He stops there before replying softly" Get death"   

Benar sits down on the bed next to Kurt's "You do not have to you know? We helped you because here in the Abbey all beasts and birds are free. If you want you can live here, be safe and free, well fed, no spying, no messages, no threats from Quade."   

Kurt seems to think before answering "Quade have plans....destroy abbey and village up north of abbey. Plans to very very soon with his horde as calls it. little over 150 or so beasts...unless gotten more by now'”

Benar inclines his head, "Can you tell us where he will attack? What direction he will come from? Anything you can tell us will help."   

Kurt gets a worried look and backs up a little and pecks the rope a couple times before stopping.   

Benar considers his options for a moment then reaches for the rope and unties it from the bed, "You are not a prisoner, you have to stay in this room until your wing recovers. So you can rest but then you can leave, but I would urge you to stay, to rest, to find out what life is like away from Quade"

Kurt eyes widen as the rope is untied, "Untieing me?" He sounds surprised, he could so hop away or peck this squirrel but he doesn’t make such a move. "Quade come soon...he knows Kurt gone too long...Quade has archers and beasts in trees...beasts on road...Quade wants...leaders gone...wants them dead. Also want badger that leads Defenders to be dead..had assassin...not sure assassin may still be around...outside..Quade not easy fool or trick, he seems revenge...also wants finish job of last two  of CrystralBrook Village"   

Benar says, "Indeed Quade is not easy to trick or fool but his biggest advantage of operating in secret is gone. We can easily defeat him now we are warned. If you help we can defeat him easier"   

Kurt asks, "Help how? I not go outside this room...Quade could see me and kill me for betraying him. Quade not care for many that work for him...only cared for his pet..a wolverine that was killed."

Benar says, "You can tell us things Kurt, and we will help you, shelter you, give you a place to live"

Kurt nods "Kurt...will help you, long as stay safe. I say how many..maybe gotten more now...some fight well and most do not, some he lie to , to get to join him"   

Benar says, "I see, well the more we can reveal his lies to the less beasts he has to work with him"

Kurt says, "He may be attacking soon....if known to most...may try attack when dark or early before most wake" He frowns best a bird can" Abbey beasts most likely die many on side but maybe some his die too"   

Benar says, "Indeed, sadly in any battle there will always be some casualties. But at the end of the day we must protect and defend our way of life. HE was here today, threatening us but we shall stand firm against his kind."

Kurt nods "Tis not good...will be back very very soon for revenge..maybe 1...2 days if lucky" He then remembers "Quade sometimes uses powder that blinds victim for few hours..long enough to take away life when can’t fight back as well. Sight would slowly return but...could be killed before that unless lucky to avoid death and get away elsewhere. Seen very very few not die.....had one of his beasts try use it on another but they managed to escape and not die...was lucky"   

Benar says, "Ok that is good to know, now we know about it young robin we can protect ourselves against his powder. I am sure he plans to use it on our defenders." He stands up, "Thank you friend, rest now and we shall do our best to protect everyone"

Kurt nods as he decides to rest. He then says a quick "Thank you....."   

==More time passes===

Oz made his way to the infirm to check on Xander "Xander are you still here?"   

Xander sits in bed, he then stands and frowns, least it wasn’t total pitch black anymore but odd blurriness and motions and light "Uncle Oz....yeah just..."He frowns and just sounds like he isn’t sure whether to cry or be grumpy.   

Oz walks over slowly" I heard, some beast that is friend to Quade did this. Are you any better?" He is concerned but let’s Xander speak.   

Xander reaches out, bumps into a table and then once he feels Oz's chest he hugs him tightly "I don't like feeling helpless, and this is scary..w..what if I don't ever get my sight back, what if it IS FOREVER...I am supposed to be leader of the Defenders, I am supposed to help others...."

Oz wraps his arms around the other badger "And you are helping others. From what I heard its temporary....now can you see anything, based off before and now, different in any way?"   

Xander calms as he speaks "Sort of...fuzzy light and maybe movement but not what it is just movement of some sort but it was pitch dark before and...scary, still is.....Uncle Oz is it ok to ask you something ?"   

RW Abbey: Late Rose Garden
----------------------------------
The Rose garden offers solitude and peace from every-day life of the abbey.  A feeling of tranquility is presented through the roses and the open area that seems to flow over everything around.
Buds stud the plants along with greenery that shows through the last remnants of icicles that simplly /won't/ leave.  The last vestige of the winter snow has long since melted from the trainquil little spot -- seeing as it's a popular place for young couples it's no wonder that the new carpet of grass under foot is now trampled flat.  As it matures it will come back, but for now, it can remain flat. The little buds are already showing their colors, even a few of the early-bloomers beginning to come out and open up.  A lovely place to represent spring, no?
-----------------------------------------

Oz takes Xander's paw "Let’s get some fresh air and we can talk outside" He goes to led him outside slowly and into the open ground and towards the rose garden. “It’s quiet here, no blooms yet but it is early yet....sit there is a bench...here"   

Xander follows, he stays close and reaches out to feel the bench before sitting "How do you....we are in the abbey right?"

Oz smiles "I know my way top to bottom, left and right and all around the abbey how many paw steps to here and there. Now what was it you wanted to ask and this is the rose garden by the way Xander"

Xander trusts him "So...." He frowns" Yeah...I know mine in temporary but yours isn’t..isn’t that scary? I mean I also wonder how you walk around so....well sure of not running into anything"

Minsc makes his way to the garden and stopes "Oh...sorry I was just....sir?" He catches sight of Xander " You are out of the infirm are you better?" He then sighs "Cause we have an issue...Quade came and demanded surrender, course Benar said no and now Quade declared war basically"   

Oz says, "I was at first yes, very scared and worried...so much I even argued with my brother to the point he almost left, but I learned to get around before I became fully blind....I knew it would happen and it did over a season I slowly became blind...shapes...light slowly fading and then nothing but I learned how many footpaws to and from all over the abbey...I knew voices and scents and just learn them more quickly now. You are lucky its temporary" He tilts his head to Minsc "Quade was here? When?"

Xander listens "Quade....was anyone hurt? What did he...did he say anything else?"   

Minsc says, "This morning...maybe right before lunch and just he would be back with his so called friends. Also Kurt I will leave alone sir...promise Benar said he doesn’t want anyone but him or Magramba to question it...I mean him and I am sorry for my actions of threating to kill the robin, it’s just....my past is...is gone and just refilled with pain, sorrow, loss and I want Quade dead and if anyone else works for him, then dead as well, I will die trying if needed"

Oz says, "No killing in the abbey Quade and I am sure Magramba and others are getting ready for any attacks"

Xander stays seated "Then the Defenders need to be ready as well."   

Minsc nods towards Oz "Of course Oz..."He goes to reach out and touch Xander's shoulder "Sir...what about your vision? Quade could come before its fully back...is it any better?"   

Oz steps back "I know the rose garden is good for mediation....I need to check on the dibbuns" He then walks off.

Xander seems to tense up a little when his Uncle walks off and then relaxes "Meditation, hmms Grandfather did it a lot and my vision is better, not total pitch black more faded and fuzzy light and shapes and  burning feeling now."   

Minsc asks, "Meditation, whats that?" He sighs “It sounds like your recovering. So a temporary blind beast is led here by a permit blind beast, is that what they call the blind leading the blind?"

Benar walks up "Meditation is a form of relaxation...Hello Xander....Minsc. How are you both, well I hope" He walks closer "A novice mentioned your blindness and I spoke with Kurt, he mentioned the powder is temporary...I also untied Kurt and he was told to stay in the infirm."   

Xander nods" I talked to him some. He seems afraid of Quade. I..with your permission of course Benar, want to offer Kurt...well friendship maybe or least make sure he knows we will help his wing as don’t think Quade would of helped him"   

Minsc snorts "Quade would just kill him, I know Quade for many seasons if he thinks someone isn’t useful to him he kills them or just does something to allow them to die”

Benar nods "Kurt has been helpful. I told him he could be free to choice if he stays or not, maybe to live here, He has given info about Quade whom I fear plans to attack soon, maybe sooner than we think”

Xander says, "If Quade would just kill him and he knows that then he should be glad to stay here and if he is helping us that’s good"   

Minsc shrugs "Maybe, or it’s a trick just like Quade did...wouldn't surprise me in the least. Maybe we should go to Quade before he comes to us..burn his base down or...flood his stupid mine tunnels, seal up entries and make them all die!"   

Benar frowns "Minsc please calm down, going out would be wrong and we have help coming to us...the Guisum, the Sparra, Ferravale....The Mossflower Defenders, a small group of fighters from the woods I heard is to help and any other fighters under the Champion Magramba. Do not go out alone Minsc"   

Xander listens as he speaks "Minsc...stay inside, listen to Benar and to me. We have to stay together in this not go off alone, Quade wants that. We are a greater and stronger force together and weak alone"   

Minsc shakes his head "Both of you just BACK OFF!!..LEAVE ME ALONE!" He then storms off.   

Xander stands and tries to follow "Minsc...get back here!" He walks a few feet and sighs, great which way did he go.   

Benar lays a paw on Xander's shoulder "Xander...let him go, I think Minsc does need to have some time alone, the guards are not letting anyone leave the abbey so he will be inside somewhere I promise and they are only letting certain beast inside."

Xander stops but can feel tears on his face "I am still not good at this leader stuff...I should just let Marek have it back."   

Benar says, "You are a fine leader, no beast is perfect Xander nor will they ever be 100% perfect. Martin didn’t always have things go smoothly either, nor do I..but you do well and have earned your leadership and should be up to you to keep it, even after all this is over." He pats him on the arm "Meditate Xander...and when you’re ready to go inside I will help guild you inside and then we should get some rest. It may be a long day tomorrow"

Xander nods and takes a few deep breaths and goes to meditate and is this way for a an hour before opening his eyes "Abbot Benar?"   

Benar had fallen asleep and blinked as Xander spook and rubbed his eyes "Where....oh yes the rose garden" He sat up and looks around "Oh dear..how long have we been here?"   

Xander stood slowly blinking as his vision was still hazy "An hour or so...we can go inside and meditation helps" He smiles.   

Benar dusts off his tunic as he stands "Good my friend...lets head inside." He will go slow and allow Zander to follow him" Infirm or your room?"   

Xander says, "My room is fine" He follows closely till they get to his room and he manages to find his bed and lay down “Good night Benar"

Benar says, "Goodnight Xander"

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer