Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-18 02:27:32 PM

The_Brony_Marek

DO You Surrender?-Quade TP LOg

==The Village of Ferravale at the gates==

The marten,  walks to the gates and clears his throat "I am Troy stonefir and messenger for Quade....surrender Ferravale to him or pay the costs. Quade shall destroy all the land from here to the red bricked abbey that even now he himself will ask of their surrender as well. Maybe less lives will be loss if surrender happens, if not well can’t say ya were not warned" He smirks, a couple rats walk up beside him as the marten grins "So..whats ya answer fox?"

The fox raises an eyebrow. He holds up a paw for the beast to wait while Bandit finishes his apple. He chews it noisily, and for several moments. He swallows, opens his muzzle to speak but instead takes another bite. A few more moments pass before he finishes the fruit, tossing it aside as he dusts off his paws, "Curse me ol' ears. Sorry, I wasn't listening. Can you repeat the message again?"   

The marten Troy Stonefir narrows his eyes "Surrender ya village by order of Quade Bracktor or suffer the results if you don't." The two rats beside him smirk, guess they came along as witnesses to the answer, always good to have another beast so you know what was said......or maybe done if that’s the case.   

The fox nods his head most vigorously. "Oh! Heaven ta'betsy. That does sound like ye are declair'n war upon our poor miserable hides." The fox says in a jovial accent. He steps closer, "Please do give Quade our answer..." Bandit reaches out to grab the marten by the shoulder with one paw while a dagger is thrust towards the marten's belly with the other. "When you see him in the dark forest you /slime/." The dagger then makes a sudden thrust upward to slice along the length of the beasts stomach.   

And what happens next is total shock by the marten who at first grins, gets a confused look and then a pained look as the dagger enters his gut and slides upwards, he tries to reply and the only thing that comes out is a lot of blood, one rat backs up and looks scared, the other rat goes to try and attack Bandit with a the longbow he has, yeah he wasn’t prepared to fight and this is all he has, a couple arrows but those are still in the quiver.   

Still holding onto the body of the dying marten Bandit uses the beast as a shield against the archer as he rushes him, finally tossing the marten at the rat in hopes to knock him down!   

The marten twitches and as he is slammed into the rat, the rat falls unconcious and the other rat bolts down the path till he comes to a sudden halt as he crashes into....Quade. The squirrel narrows his eyes "Why are you running" The rat just whimpers as the squirrel walks towards the gates and stands a fair distance away by a tree as he watches the fox and the marten as it finally breaths its last and goes limp.   

The squirrel catches a glimpse of Bandit ripping his blade from the marten's midriff. "And they say I don't get enough exercise." The fox breaths deeply as he stands back up. His eyes lock with Quade’s and a snarl forms on his muzzle. "TO ARMS!" He shouts. A pair of guards rush out of the gate carrying halberds. More appear to be on the way.

The fox uses a claw to mark his target, "Bring me his HEAD!" He shouts.   

Quade is not a fool, he snaps his fingers and a couple, probably unlucky, stoats who just joined look ready to defend their new boss as Quade speaks “I see your answer is no...no matter I will be back or my new 2nd in command will be...I would stay but I need to speak with Abbot Benar on the abbey surrender hopefully they are smarter than your village, tell your chieftain Blisa...chaos comes her way" And he goes into the tree and jumps into a 2nd and a 3nd before dropping onto a thick path of trees...gee he can run fast and the two stoats stay behind to fight.   

"Coward! Come back here and DIE!" The fox shouts, letting his own beasts rush into danger to do battle with the stoats. More guards start pouring out of the gate as the sound of fighting intensifies. The stoats are now fighting against two halberdiers and a pair of sword beasts with more on the way. Later on, in retrospect Bandit would regret not ordering his beasts to take prisoners but for now he only gives the enemy the choice of dying in obscurity.   

Quade is long gone and out of sight, the two stoats are seriously outnumbered and soon lie dead on the path next to their buddy Troy the once alive Marten....the stoats have some arrows in them, serious cuts and large gashes and are very very very dead. A Ferravale guard walks up to Bandit" We think he is heading to Redwall...should I follow? One should we tell the chieftain he will be back with a much larger group?"   

The fox takes a moment to collect his thoughts, "We fortify our own defense first. Quade wouldn't declare war on us unless he actually planned on attacking us. Alert the cheiftess, lock down the gates. Also..." The fox kicks at the gutted marten, "Find someone to tan this. I could use a new jacket." he pauses, looking about his beasts, "Well, what are you standing around for? You have your orders. Get to it!"   

The guard salutes and quickly goes to tell Blisa what all happen, another guard looks at the dead marten and seems unsure how to...well tan it and shrugs, "Sure" He and another take the marten to where ever its needed, the unconcious rat is taken and placed in a cell for questioning and the other rat catches up to Quade whom is about to walk up to the abbey gates "Now let’s see their reply....."He grins evilly "I do hope they want war..I so like war and chaos"

== The Redwall Abbey Gates==

Minsc was trying to think, relax but it had been a very bad past couple days and he wasnt in the best mood.

Quade Aimed to make his mood worse, of course he did as he walked towards the gates and looked up to see Minsc and smirks "Greetings Minsc...care to find someone important for me...I have a message or achally a request...course I may dislike the answer but we shall see."   

Minsc narrows his eyes and glared down "Leave before I come down and make you....oh by the way" He smirked "Rowtag is a little dead..."He chuckles"so what ever ya want maybe its best ya shoo....sides you seem to have bad luck with 2nd in commands"

Quade takes a deep breath and then just chuckled "Yes I noticed....you Defenders get in the way I have others who help me now...deliver a message. I want the surrender of this place, then again by all means say no I so do love Chaos"   

Benar murmurs quietly to Minsc as he steps up behind him, making sure to stay out of sight, "You really should have called for someone Minsc. We could have gotten guards around through the side gate and arrested him. Probably too late now," He places a paw on the Hamster's arm, "Now please do let me talk to the squirrel, this is my abbey after all."

Minsc looks ready to march down and cuss Quade out when he turns to see Benar and nods as he steps aside.   

Quade grins "Abbot Benar...so good to see you though my plans was to have you dead and the only thing to get to the abbey being your head..oh well. Anyways let’s just make this simple..surrender the abbey and maybe less deaths will happen. " He waits on a reply and it’s unclear if he is alone or not.   

Benar stays back among the crenelations of the wall top, he's done this before and isn't about to make himself easy to shoot by whatever beasts are hiding in the ditch, "I am afraid not Quade, the abbey is not yours, nor shall it surrender. Our gates are sealed, our supplies are plentiful and we have allies. Quite a lot of them converging on this location as we speak."   

Minsc speaks "Some already here" He leaves it at that and just listens for now.   

Quade narrows his eyes "Fine...then I am sorry to say I will return with my full group. I will destroy this place as I have other places even if it takes longer. You shall have chaos for saying no to me." He smiles "I will give you a day or two to think on results of your answer."   

Benar says, "Mr. Quade, Cluny Scourge had an army that stretched from horizon to horizon. You have a few beasts at your side, an army? No a group of misguided fanatics yes? The Abbey shall stand and you shall fall, Minsc,  the Champion, the spirit of Martin shall all make sure that happens."

Minsc nods "Yes there is the Defenders....and others" He is not saying all as he only knows sparrows and those shrews are helping" So go away before someone decides to make you a pincushion"

Quade rolls his eyes "The defenders are a joke...your low in number and if separated can be defeated and as for the ghost, I don’t fear stupid ghosts as they can’t harm anyone" He backs away a little "And my friends may not be an ocean of beasts but they are strong and a good number"   

Benar says, "I am sure, tell them to leave Quade, go, depart Mossflower and live. Stay and you will die and that is a great loss. For no beast should die before their time," He steps back then and moves toward the steps with a sigh.   

Minsc starts to add something and then just glares, he looks towards Benar frowning some."You..ok sir?"   

Benar sighs as he starts down the stairs, grey tail drooping low, "I will be fine, just it is always the same, the beasts never learn."

Minsc says, "There is some good news in all this....a robin that works for Quade, during the thunderstorm couple days ago he crashed into the bell tower and is in the infirm with a broken wing, I said it should of been killed not helped but maybe it can provide info...I don’t know. What are your thoughts?"

Quade smirks "I will return and we shall see who falls in the end" He walks off into the grasslands, still unclear if he was by himself or had a couple others hidden from sight.   

Benar turns to give Minsc a very stern look, "No beast injured and in need of aid who is inside this abbey would ever be killed Minsc. If he works for Quade he shall be kept under watchful guard and assisted. Magramba or myself shall talk to him to see what information he will provide. I am not having any of you... Defenders interrogating injured beasts. I do not trust you would treat them with the respect they deserve as a guest within these walls."   

Minsc takes a few deep breaths, "Fine...you sound like Xander don’t hurt and even giving me an order not to....you don't KNOW what ALL I went through...what" He shakes his head and just starts to walk off. Not to go after Quade but..well to calm down somewhere, maybe the pond.

Benar sighs and takes a few steps to catch up with Minsc and tries to catch his arm, to turn him to look into his eyes, "I know, I was in that cell with you. I heard and was told but Minsc. You must never lose hope like I always said when we were incarcerated and more you must never stoop to their level. To do so allows them to win."   

Minsc looks  the ground and shakes his head, "I need to be alone...." He doesn’t push him away he just gently removes the paw and heads to the pond.   

Quade meanwhile gathers his group together “It’s time…for chaos to begin, we attack in a days’ time.”

Last edited by The_Brony_Marek (2017-04-18 05:50:42 PM)

Board footer